Walrus LG's Drunken Rave (Won by Nightmare!)

In 25th, earning 4.5 points: Marth

Floex: Nel Biu

A nice ambient track, which unfortunately came in the Break it Down cat. It takes almost four minutes before I start freling anything close to invigorating, which is a shame because the 7/8 time is neat.

In 20th, earning 6.4 points: Chen

Deus Machina: Demonbane

There's a bit too much going on in the composition, the percussion feels lost in the mixing often, and the song doesn't have that anchor. I like some of the horn segments. The vocalist goes out of his range a little bit too much.

In 19th, earning 6.5 points: Shubaka

Young the Giant: My Body

Starts off very strong with a good bass line, but loses the intensity gradually. I like the chorus, but the vocals of the verses are too airy for a song trying to energize you. Bridge is again less hard hitting than the chorus, even the bass drops off here.

In 18th, earning 6.6 points: Paperblade

Freedom Call: Warriors

The middle ground of power metal. Doesn't really sway one way towards prioritizing vocals.or instrumentals, and is decently executed but again nothing special. No innovation or unique sounds to be found.

In 14th, earning 7.1 points: Texas

Down With Webster: Time to Win

The trombones are a great energizer, I wish the verses were longer. The chorus is a pretty nice anthem, assuming this is primarily a rock band. The middle verse has some stupid accents and voices.

In 11th, earning 7.4 points: Einto

Cage the Elephant: Back Against the Wall

A good acoustic guitar riff, and the singer's vocals aren't bordering on straight up talking during the verses, as compared to the first Cage song. Lyrics really pump you up.

In 10th, earning 7.5 points: Zeonth

Accept: Fast as a Shark

I still have no idea where the intro comes into play or what it's referencing. That aside, this is some quality thrash. I love when a song's rhythm guitars are able to stand out, and here that's definitely the case. They're the main invigorating part of the song! Vocals are very Judas Priest-like, I dig it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)