Walrus LightWalr's Lupus (A Walrus Production) - Won by RODAN

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Welcome one and all to the Walrus that has most definitely not been typechecked, coming to you straight from the third world country of Hungary!(Hey if Spanish get E, Germans get D, then why the fuck do we have to settle with an H on our licence plates when we don't call ourselves Hungary) But enough said let's get to the categories no one has been waiting for!

1. SYNESTHESIA
No, I do not have it, getting that out of the way first. Submit a song that evokes an image, any image, be it a complex story, the color red or the letter V. Cat failing is hard as my imagination is quite wild. Instrumentals are preferred, but lyrics tend to also evoke quite vivid images, just make them English or German.
Regenbogen - Ruth Kirchner

2. GET THAT WEEB SHIT OUT OF HERE
I enjoy songs tied to anime as much as a person probably could, but a change of pace is definitely needed from time to time. Submit a song created for western animation(I will draw the line at Azerbaijan). Think Disney, think children cartoons, do not think dubs and make sure it's not actually anime(fucking Niels Holgerson, you had me fooled).
Ducktales Theme - IN HUNGARIAN

3. PIANOKIND
Strings and Horns may excite my bones, but keys are the bone of my songs. Submit a song featuring keyboard instrument. Note for Yeti, synth goes, but so does accordions, so lets get a bit wild here people. And no, tapping sounds on a keyboard are percussion.
Miles Edgeworth Great Revival - Gyakuten Meets Jazz Soul
Polka Face - Weird Al

4. UNLIKE SONIC I DON'T CHUCKLE
Make me enjoy myself. Submit a song that makes me smirk, smile, laugh or go "Oh yeah that is clever, lol". I will not tell you if you catfail on this one, finding something that gets at least some reaction out of me is on you. Songs will be entirely judged on the intensity of any of the above I get from it, so yes a "clever lol" can beat something that made me actually laugh. Songs I do not enjoy will likely influence the intensity of my reaction anyways.
Urf Rap - videogamedunkey

5. THEY ARE THROWING PANDAS AT US!
Pandering has long plagued our dearest Walrus community, so feel free to get that out of your system here. Pick a song not because you enjoy it, but because you think I would. Songs that I don't particularly enjoy will score worse here than in another cat, while a successful pander I never heard before will be scored higher. There is no catfailing here, except if you submit a song that'd normally be around 2.X.
Example is everything I submitted and all other examples.

6. 'O SOLO MIO
I like solos, and how nobody thought of this before goes over my head. Submit a song that contains a solo from any instrument you can imagine. I technically do not know what is and isn't a solo, so you probably have a wide error for margin. Important to note is, I do not consider the skill required to play a solo, more how the solo elevates, or in some cases readies a song for elevation, or just provides a peaceful moment, so a person who plays something not thought to be possible for humans hands, will not necessarily score well. A solo I like will elevate songs above their normal score if I do not exactly love the song as a whole, while a meh solo in a song I like will give it a worse score than in other cats, please keep that in mind. IT'D BE MOST HELPFUL if the timestamp where the solo starts was included, so if it's not being full played, we can at least listen to the solo.
Welcome to the Jungle - Guns N' Roses

7. I'M BOMBASTIC SAY ME FANTASTIC
I like fantasy, nuff said. Submit a song that is about or from a fantasy work, or even just mentions a fantasy staple. Dragons, Hydras, Walrushydras, Merlin, King Arthur, Hercules, Lillim or whatever you fancy. Superhero stuff doesn't count, nor does sci-fi.
Dovahkiin - ESV Skyrim

8. BOB MY HEAD, TAP MY FEET AND CALL ME SALLY
The What Is Love category. Submit a song that make me bob my head and/or make me tap my feet(songs that call me sally sadly catfail). Bonus points if you make me dance, for I can't, and don't, prob won't.
What Is Love - Haddaway

RULES:
1. Do not submit something I have ever submitted, nor anything I listed as an example here. This is the only rule really....

ABOUT ME: I don't really have a specific thing I like in songs. I do however dislike country or most folkish songs(except when it's fantastical). In rap my taste is aberrant. My tastes in general are aberrant, and if you want to get a taste of my taste, it's best to check my previous submissions.

Signups:
Steven Snype
MK007
Knights
DLL
Yeti
shubaka
Blazade
Granny Pie
Lord Gaius
RODAN
Hitmonleet
P2X7
bluedoom
Walrein
Agape
vonFiedler
Tman87
Asek
myzozoa

DEADLINE IS 1 WEEK FROM THIS POST, you have till the end of next Friday(18th of August), don't leave me waiting.

Last edited:
I've been listening to far too much buckethead, satriani, malmsteen, vai, because I legit said what the fuck when I saw Welcome to the Jungle as the solo example before remembering a solo can be under 5 minutes... Hell under 1 minute lmao

LightWolf

lightwoof
Few clarifications

For the No Weeb cat, I allow songs that are remixes or covers off already existing songs used in Western animation.

Added an additional example to pianokind.

For Fantastic cat, it is enough if the title references a fantastical or mythical concept, but any extra effort is appreciated.

For Panda cat, I will not answer any questions directed or even indirect in relation to my tastes.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
posting to say that Paradise City is a much better guns n roses song if you're looking for a good solo

and in general

the true purpose of this post is to get notifications on this thread but i also wanted to make my opinion known

LightWolf

lightwoof
19th place, earning 3.0 points: Agape

Stripes and Spells - SlyphStorm
3/10

The vocals kill it, plain and simple. The instrumental, especially near the end, has this nice haunting feel to it, and if it was just the "aaaaaa" and "oooo" parts it'd probably hit a 6 at least. Also dunno if the static in the background is intentional since it kinda added to the feel, but also was quite a bit distracting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)