SM PU Lilli and Frens

Lilli and Frens
A SM PU RMT

Introduction

Hey guys and welcome to my first ever RMT. If you ever fought against me, either on ladder or in a tour you'll probably recognise that squad. This team is by far my favorite and best team I build this generation and it was a major reason for my recent success in the PU Unopen, where I reached the finals. It was build around my beloved Breakneck Blitz Lilligant with T-Spikes support.

The Team

Lilligant @ Normalium Z
Ability: Chlorophyll
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Quiver Dance
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain
- Hyper Beam
The star of the team. Lilligant is probably, tied with Jynx, the best fast setup sweeper in the tier. Lilli can sweep entire teams on it's own, when you get certain doubles right. With Sleep Powder she can setup on basically anything and at +2 she is nearly unstoppable. With Breakneck Blitz she has a one time nuke which can blow back common switchins like Skuntank, Drampa and Magmortar to open up the way for Giga Drain spam or for another team member. Even outside of the Z move Hyper Beam can be useful at getting important lategame kills. The departure of Guzzlord is also huge for Lilligant, cause Guzz could tank a +1 Blitz and OHKO back. Scarfed Primeape is a huge enemy for Lilligant and that's why I added Weezing.

Weezing @ Rocky Helmet

Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Sludge Bomb
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond

One of the best mons in the tier right now. Running Toxic Spikes is in general a low risk - high reward strategy with only 2 relevant grounded poison types in the tier. It also beats Hitmonchan 1v1 which can never remove them due to Rocky Helmet. It also keeps all those fighting types in check like Primeape, Passimian, Gurdurr and the already mentioned Hitmonchan. It's also a pretty good check to basically every rocker in the tier and to Archeops, one of the best and most threatening mons in the current meta. I always run a lot of speed so I can taunt opposing Weezings everytime, or defogger like Vullaby and Vibrava. Destiny Bond is also a cool and surprising tool which can throw your opponent off guard.

Skuntank @ Black Sludge
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 Atk / 32 SpD / 224 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crunch / Pursuit
- Poison Jab
- Sucker Punch
- Defog

Next comes Weezings partner in crime - Skuntank. This Skunk has perfect synergy with Weezing. First of all, it is a defogger which basically every team needs at this point with Spikes and T-Spikes everywhere. Secondly, it is immune to psychic and beats the most used mon in the tier - Mesprit. I personally prefer Crunch over Pursuit on this team simply because Musharna is that much of a threat. Poison Jab and Sucker Punch are mandatory. Sucker Punch 50/50s while the opponent is poisoned from the T-Spikes also makes it a lot easier. The speed lets you outspeed max speed base 80s like Mesprit or Stoutland.

Regirock @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 100 Atk / 16 Def / 136 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake / Counter
- Protect
What can I say about this mon. It just sits there gets up rocks and tanks basically every hit. I personally always like running Protect simply to scout, for recovery and to wear down my foes with T-Spikes. It also works great for outstalling weather or Trick Room. Earthquake is the main move besides Stone Edge even though Counter is also neat oneshoting all those Primeapes. Also a great mon against Skuntanks and Oricorios which can get pretty annoying. In general I feel like Regirock is by far the most consistent rocker in PU and always a reliable mon in the back.

Lanturn @ Assault Vest
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 96 SpD / 160 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
This is my switchin into most special attacks and it also stops all those bothersome voltswitchers. Great special sponge overall which can dish out surprisingly good damage. I run a lot of speed so I outspeed max speed Golurk or Alolan Eggy. HP Fire may seem a little bit odd, but Ferroseed is a huge problem and this 2hkos it all the time, while HP Grass won't do that much for me.

Primeape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
My team lacked a lot of speed at this point, so I decided to go with scarfed Primeape. Ape is incredible right now outspeeding +1 Lilligant, scarfed Sensu and speedties with +1 Jynx. Also it can punish opposing defoggers so they have to think twice before getting rid of my hazards. Moveset is fairly standard and you will only click U-Turn and Close Combat most of the times anyways.
Importable
Regirock @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 100 Atk / 16 Def / 136 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Protect

Skuntank @ Black Sludge
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 Atk / 32 SpD / 224 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Poison Jab
- Sucker Punch
- Defog

Weezing @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Sludge Bomb
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond

Lanturn @ Assault Vest
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 96 SpD / 160 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Primeape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Lilligant @ Normalium Z
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain
- Hyper Beam

Replays

Shoutouts
The entire PU room in general you are the best, but I want to especially pick out Teddeh and Twix for always beeing there, testing and discussing different teams and helping to improve my battling skills in general

Last edited:

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So this is pretty gosh darn solid and I like the defensive approach you've gone for here because of how much lilligant allows you to ignore wallbreaking. There are just 3 major things that stick out to me. The first two are the weaknesses to Jynx and Alolan Eggy, but one you conditionally check with half the team and the other is naturally going to give a team like this trouble and also has an annoying time getting TR up anyway so I don't consider those huge issues. The other is Carracosta, specifically physical variants. While it does have an annoying time setting up, it also basically 6-0s with a little bit of chip on Primeape/Weezing (+2 LO jet has a 50% chance to OHKO ape lol). Because of that I think it might be worth considering going Taunt+Defog Skuntank, a set I normally despise but leaves Costa only being able to set up on Regirock which still gets in an effective +2 EQ. This is definitely the kind of weakness you could just run with, especially considering that sets rarity, but the option is there just in case. One last thing is Destiny Bond Weezing. I really can't think of any good reason to waste the moveslot like this, you never use it in the replays and I can't think of any situation where it'd be more useful than Pain Split off the top of my head. You could also definitely consider Thunderbolt, since it'd stop Qwilfish from forcing Skuntank to Defog so much and also help against Archeops which atm is only really checked by Regirock. Personally I'd go Tbolt, but Split makes total sense too. Anyway that's all I got, solid team and I hope to see you around more PU tours.
e: ok it's showcase now grats

So this is pretty gosh darn solid and I like the defensive approach you've gone for here because of how much lilligant allows you to ignore wallbreaking. There are just 3 major things that stick out to me. The first two are the weaknesses to Jynx and Alolan Eggy, but one you conditionally check with half the team and the other is naturally going to give a team like this trouble and also has an annoying time getting TR up anyway so I don't consider those huge issues. The other is Carracosta, specifically physical variants. While it does have an annoying time setting up, it also basically 6-0s with a little bit of chip on Primeape/Weezing (+2 LO jet has a 50% chance to OHKO ape lol). Because of that I think it might be worth considering going Taunt+Defog Skuntank, a set I normally despise but leaves Costa only being able to set up on Regirock which still gets in an effective +2 EQ. This is definitely the kind of weakness you could just run with, especially considering that sets rarity, but the option is there just in case. One last thing is Destiny Bond Weezing. I really can't think of any good reason to waste the moveslot like this, you never use it in the replays and I can't think of any situation where it'd be more useful than Pain Split off the top of my head. You could also definitely consider Thunderbolt, since it'd stop Qwilfish from forcing Skuntank to Defog so much and also help against Archeops which atm is only really checked by Regirock. Personally I'd go Tbolt, but Split makes total sense too. Anyway that's all I got, solid team and I hope to see you around more PU tours.
e: ok it's showcase now grats
Thanks for the rate! And I definitely have to agree on my Jynx weakness. It can setup on basically all my mons and gets a kill. My two ways of beating it are either letting a mon fall asleep, switch in Regi on the setup - because it takes a +2 Ice Beam - or sacking a mon and playing Sucker mind games with Skuntank. Primeape's speedtie is a last resort options. Alolan Eggy is typically not that much of a problem cause Lanturn outspeeds and Ice Beam just ohkos it (rip Twix) and Regi can outstall Trick Room with Protect. I haven't fought against that many Carracostas to be perfectly honest, but it looks like a real threat so I will definitely try out Taunt Skuntank. Last but not least Weezing. Earlier I either ran Painsplit or Flamethrower, but I wasn't to happy with both options so I thought "hey, lets try out Destiny Bond". In the semis against HJAD I already tested Destiny Bond on my Qwilfish and it basically won me the game. On Weezing this move is also brilliant, but I often use it a little bit diffenerent. When the opponent has a mon which can't really touch my Weezing and a switch is obvious, I often click Destiny Bond so they can't kill me next turn. This often gets me free T-Spikes and it's always funny when the scarfed Mesprit has to go for U-Turn again, cause every other move would kill me. Destiny Bond also got me a kill against Sam in the finals after I taunted his Clefairy and it had to go for Seismic Toss. Also helps against my Musharna weakness.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)