List of released Dream World Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Maybe that's because of a "Whimsicott factor?" People aren't using him because he has no clear role on a team, and is passed by in team building.

Ditto can be used intelligently though. You could switch him in on your opponent's Blissey to see if it's running Toxic, Twave or Ice Beam ect. Scout your opponent's moves...
Hey you know i never thought of that, Ditto could be the ultimate scout in a way if you switch in at the right time. then once you know the opponent's ENTIRE moveset in less than a turn you can counter the threat more easily

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Maybe that's because of a "Whimsicott factor?" People aren't using him because he has no clear role on a team, and is passed by in team building.

Ditto can be used intelligently though. You could switch him in on your opponent's Blissey to see if it's running Toxic, Twave or Ice Beam ect. Scout your opponent's moves...
I don't think that's true. People would just use him like they would use a Scarfed Terrakion or what have you and only come in when you need something to die/stop sweeping. I think the problems are a little closer to what I outlined in that it's very inconsistent; you have to depend on what you copy being able to immediately beat itself (something like Volcarona would likely continue setting up), and you won't accomplish anything if you're forced to copy something defensive. I think you're better off using a Pokemon that's sure to do its job 100% of the time, even with its given limitations.

And for the record, I still think Whimsicott is a decent Pokemon that can instantly steal momentum for you, if you even remember it exists long enough to put it your team. Very reliable, in my opinion.

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
If America does get a poll, instead of voting for something kinda good like Ditto how about we vote for something REALLY good like Technician Breloom. (It's #4 in PO's DW for a reason)

Both solve problems in OU, but Breloom stops a LOT more than Ditto could ever dream to. It's comparable to Scizor with a 75 (2 hits) to 187 Base Power (5 Hits) Grass-type attack and can actually OHKO things like Infernape with it's Proirity alone after one Swords Dance and it of course turns top Pokemon like Ferrothorn, Rotom-W, Tyranitar, & Politoed into a free Swords Dance due to Spore/fear of it's STABs. Pack a Pursuit Pokemon for all those Psychics & Ghosts that are faster (Breloom & Scizor just Brofist all day) and just go to town. I guarantee all the Excadrill bitching will stop when Breloom is released. Unless you actually play Dream World, you have no idea how much of a (Un)Holy Arrow Technician Breloom's Mach Punch is. To put it into some kind of perspective, at +2 it's basically a STAB Close Combat with +1 priority and no downside coming from 394 Attack not even factoring Life Orb in.

Aside from lack of team preview & general awesomeness, Breloom is one big reasons Max HP/Def Espeon is #10 in DW OU. If Breloom uses Spore, you better be packing a Dragon or a Ghost.

Ditto was only good in early DW OU because of things like Contrary Serperior, Speed Boost Blaziken, Swift Swim Kingdra, & Garchomp running around. Without any of that in OU, Ditto's sole job in OU is scouting & revenging Dragon Dancers. That is all Ditto is good for and there are better Pokemon to do it with.

For instance, Cloyster, a Pokemon that's been a little brushed aside as of late. Bold Cloyster, yes Bold, can OHKO Max HP Multiscale Dragonite with Icicle Spear with no Attack investment & survive a +1 Outrage with no Defense investment. That's right, 4th Gen Cloyster; Bold, 252/0/0/0/252/4 Cloyster completely counters the #1 boosting Dragon around, doesn't even need to run so much as a neutral attacking nature. Haxorus is almost the same story. Too bad most people don't know this as they're too busy trying to find a Pokemon to revenge them with like Ditto instead of completely countering it so you don't lose a Pokemon in the first place. And don't even tell me Cloyster isn't more useful to a team than Ditto. (Assuming that Team isn't stall, cause Ditto's actually a godsend to stall teams...Haze T-Wave Murkrow kinda outclasses Ditto though since it can do something to Defensive boosters...)

Scarf Ditto just isn't that good in OU. He copys a +2 Thundurus? Good for him! Gastrodon & Ferrothorn would love to meet & KO/T-Wave him! Especially considering he lacks a Life Orb. Oh and that Thundurus is still alive btw.

The thing is, most teams do carry a counter for their own sweeper. Especially OU teams since they have to prepare for that same Pokemon being on the other team as well. So in that sense, nearly every team has a Ditto counter or at least a check.

Any Dream World player of any merit will tell you that Ditto is 60% hype & 40% action. He's good but in the same way that Weavile was good in 4th Gen. He was great in the begining but since the Pokemon he would be the best counter for ALL got banned/don't exist yet, he's not that good.

So yeah. If America gets a poll, don't vote for Ditto, you will be sorely disappointed. Vote for Technician Breloom or Lightning Rod Zapdos. They're actually good. And start using Bulky Shell Smash Cloyster, it's a dick even without Smashing.

November Blue

A universe where hot chips don't exist :(
is a Contributor Alumnus
I'm going to second this. Breloom is a damn nightmare. Unless you have a fighting resist, Mach Punch runs through your entire team, and Ghost types aren't going to stop it due to Bullet Seed. The No.1 Ghost in OU is Jellicent, who runs for it's life at the very sight of Breloom, and Gengar simply doesn't have the defenses to stand up to the mushroom's ridiculously powerful Bullet Seed.

VOTE FOR BRELOOM!

Breloom is probably better than Ditto, but I don´t think it stands a chance in a poll against Arceus or Charizard, while Ditto does. How are we going to convince noobs to vote for a "pathetic" 460 BST pokémon? Ditto at least has a gimmick (but useful) ability to deceive noobs.
Taking into account that DW event pokémons are usually male only, Bullet Seed as an egg move won´t be legal with Technician (assuming male only event). And if I were going to vote for Breloom, I would vote for Shroomish instead, as Spore is a pre-evo only move and considering Game Freaks trolling heart, we would end up with a Breloom without Spore (if it ever win the poll).
I would go with Ditto because there is an actual chance of a win, but if there weren´t so many noob votes for Arceus, Charizard or Rayquaza, I would definetely vote for Breloom... I mean Shroomish.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Breloom is probably better than Ditto, but I don´t think it stands a chance in a poll against Arceus or Charizard, while Ditto does. How are we going to convince noobs to vote for a "pathetic" 460 BST pokémon? Ditto at least has a gimmick (but useful) ability to deceive noobs.
Taking into account that DW event pokémons are usually male only, Bullet Seed as an egg move won´t be legal with Technician (assuming male only event). And if I were going to vote for Breloom, I would vote for Shroomish instead, as Spore is a pre-evo only move and considering Game Freaks trolling heart, we would end up with a Breloom without Spore (if it ever win the poll).
I would go with Ditto because there is an actual chance of a win, but if there weren´t so many noob votes for Arceus, Charizard or Rayquaza, I would definetely vote for Breloom... I mean Shroomish.

Seconding voting for shroomish, tried ditto in dw and it is to situational, stall teams make it a worthless team slot everyone vote for shroomish, not ditto.

November Blue

is a Contributor Alumnus
Oh fuck me. I hadn't considered this.

I give up. This dream world shit gives me fucking headaches, and I don't even play it.

GF gives us amazing new abilities for our pokes, but makes us jump through hoops, wait for years and wrestle with 12 year old fanboys for decent releases. Kill me now.

If DW Shroomish doesn't come with Bullet Seed I'm going to scream.

November Blue

is a Contributor Alumnus
Although, I will say that Breloom, like Dragonite, seems to be a GF favorite. They're doing everything they can to make it really good (Spore, Mach Punch, Technician, Leech Seed...) so DW breloom might actually come with Spore and Bullet Seed.

Oh god if DW breloom was released and couldn't have spore and bullet seed that would be the ultimate troll move. Haha it wouldn't be any sort of threat then at all besides stuff that already is scared of mach punch.

Hahaha, if TechniLoom couldn't have Spore and Bullet Seed, that would just suck, since Spore is one of the main reasons to use Breloom in the first place. If it couldn't use Spore, but PH Breloom could, people would definitely stick to that, I would assume.

That's really a non-issue. Bullet Seed is an egg move for Shroomish. Just breed it with Exeggcute, Exeggutor, Hoppip, Skiploom, Jumpluff, Sunkern, or Sunflora.

Peterko

Never give up!
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
guys is it possible to get a porygon in the dream world? I saw it as caught/befriended/whatever in one of my dream pal´s profile a few days ago...he´s japanese and has got over 32000 dream points

guys is it possible to get a porygon in the dream world? I saw it as caught/befriended/whatever in one of my dream pal´s profile a few days ago...he´s japanese
Yes, it was released a while ago, as well as a Porygon-2 decoration and a porygon-z CGear skin.

Inb4 male only DW Breloom without Spore and Bullet Seed and a preset nature: Modest.

We should really make a poll of what we need / want most from the DW if America / Europe ever gets that poll.

From the top of my head, my list would include:

Ditto
Breloom (Shroomish)
Zapdos (with Heat Wave please...)
Raikou
Entei (with Flare Blitz please, though unlikely)
Lugia
Ho-oh
Sableye
Volbeat
Bagon

That's about it, I think.

Oh, and I want Anger Point Camerupt, but that's just me.

If DW Shroomish doesn't come with Bullet Seed I'm going to scream.
Actually it doesn't need to come with Bullet Seed, it just needs to be female ^^

That's really a non-issue. Bullet Seed is an egg move for Shroomish. Just breed it with Exeggcute, Exeggutor, Hoppip, Skiploom, Jumpluff, Sunkern, or Sunflora.
Considering DW event pokémons are usually male only, you won't be to get egg moves or pre-evo moves. If we get it female, then you're right.

I'm just wondering how we are going to convince noobs to give up a god pokémon with 720 BST in exchange for a meh NFE with only 295 BST. I mean, we know how good Technician Breloom is, but not everyone who is going to vote know about this. If choice wasn't depending on other people, then I would probably choose Shroomish. But it's a popularity poll, so we should try a popular pokémon among noobs that has a good DW ability for us. Breloom is good, arguably the best to be released, but it's not popular among noobs. Ditto, on the other hand, can be popular and has a decent ability. If we are not going with Ditto, then we should try Lugia or Ho-oh. Unfortunately for Shroomish, Sableye and Ilumise (as Volbeat won't come with Encore or Baton Pass), they probably don't have enough popularity to beat Arceus & cia.
However, if someone proves that Shroomish can beat Arceus in a popularity poll with plenty of noobs, then Shroomish gets a vote.

GF should design an event similar to the "Befriend An Eevee" event and take the top 5-6 DW pokes in votes and put up a minigame where you can pick and choose the poke you want. That way we all win.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Inb4 male only DW Breloom without Spore and Bullet Seed and a preset nature: Modest.

We should really make a poll of what we need / want most from the DW if America / Europe ever gets that poll.

From the top of my head, my list would include:

Ditto
Breloom (Shroomish)
Zapdos (with Heat Wave please...)
Raikou
Entei (with Flare Blitz please, though unlikely)
Lugia
Ho-oh
Sableye
Volbeat
Bagon

That's about it, I think.

Oh, and I want Anger Point Camerupt, but that's just me.
my two big wants are sableye and (Not DW, but) Genesect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)