Metagame Lockdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
You know what pokemon could be fun this meta? Hoopa-U.

Screw-U (Hoopa-Unbound) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpA
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Hyperspace Fury
- Psychic
- Gunk Shot/Drain Punch

Basically, the idea of this set is to see what your opponent's strategy is, and ruin it. Are they using very slow pokemon to abuse Trick Room with? Ruin their Trick Room setup with your own Trick Room. Are they using faster pokemon that wouldn't like Trick Room? Set up Trick Room on them. Because of Hoopa-U's below average speed stat, it will be faster than slow Trick Room pokemon without TR, and faster than speedy pokemon with it. Of course, the rest of your team should probably have around the same speed as Hoopa-U to also make use of this counter-strategy. After you have set the Lockdown in your favor, blow holes through your opponents' teams with Hoopa-U's powerful moves. Ggwp.
The problem with that is that Hoopa is really frail physically, so it will probably find it hard to set TR

The problem with that is that Hoopa is really frail physically, so it will probably find it hard to set TR
Hoopa-U will likely find it hard to set-up against fast physical attackers, but against many special attackers and slower pokemon, TR won't be as hard unless they can hit Hoopa-U super effectively. It's probably best to have another TR setter for back up that can handle physical attackers, just in case there are some in the opposing team.

Natan

is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Mega-Alakazam is fast and frail, but I think this is a rare case of a fast frail pokémon that gain viability, why? In Psychic Terrain he is just awesome and he can outspeed any Pokémon with Swift Swim or some ability like that, Trace can check most of the Weather sweepers, and with Psychic Terrain to avoid priority, he seems an awesome answer to almost any non TR team, and get an ability like Swift Swim would make him the fastest possible Pokémon with 876 Speed, unless you use a fast Pokémon (like Chlorophyll Whimsicott in sun) with Scarf.

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
I really liked this metagame from last gen and I'm glad to see it returning. From my little VGC experience I can see manual terrain Tapus being effective in the current metagame. I use to run ETerrain Koko and it really helped in matches where I needed to unerf my Chomps EQ or stop the priority cockblock. So I can totally see it being effective here, moreso for the faster tapus then the slower ones, since no matter what happens you should be able to pull it off before getting knocked out. Also with Mega Mawile being released TR might be a little monstrous with how deadly a +2 "fast" Huge Power Mawile is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)