SM OU Lycon's ''SANDSTORM EQUILIBRIUM'' (Peak #1, 2000+ ELO)

Does ''SANDSTORM EQUILIBRIUM'' pierce the heavens?

• H*ck Yeah!

• Meh..

Results are only viewable after voting.

Contents
I. Introduction
II. Team Building
III. In-Depth Analysis
IV. Threat List & Match-ups
V. Importable for Pokemon Showdown
VI. Conclusion
VII. Acknowledgements​

I. Introduction

Greetings, I am Lycon from Athens, Greece, holder of both Geology and Civil Engineering degrees. I welcome you to my first RMT. My love and passion for my fields of study is many times reflected subconsciously in various activities and hobbies I do even in the case of Pokemon, hence the team I am showcasing here, ''Sandstorm Equilibrium''. I have been playing Pokemon since Generation 1, was drawn into the competitive scene during Generation 4 and been active on the Pokemon Showdown Ladder mainly since Generation 6 on ward. Unlike a typical RMT, this team embodies my entire experience in the Overused Tier. Being silent in the forums for years, I now at the end of Pokemon Sun/Moon feel the journey and success story of this team is finally complete. It is something I am happy and proud to share as my contribution to Smogon and the Pokemon Community.
Lycon: 28/02/2017 Team Version 1.0

LT41G Lycon: OLT Cycle 1: 6/08/2017 Team Version 2.0

Lycon: 16/10/2017 Team Version 2.5

========================= + =========================

II. Team Building

From the team preview above, one can quickly comprehend the name "Sandstorm Equilibrium''. A sandstorm type team representing my love for Geology coupled with a Balance play-style reflecting my Engineering mindset. What I do find true success is not only the team's consistent peaks on the ladder throughout the entire Sun/Moon meta-game but it simultaneously having a representative nature of my fields of expertise whilst containing my favourite Pokemon, it's a reflection of myself. In the below Team Building History/Analysis I dissect each step of the team's evolution up to its current state throughout the different Generations.
The Journey's Beginning
Generation 4 D/P/PT

As a Tyranitar lover since its first appearance in Pokemon Gold/Silver most of my competitive teams would involve or even be built around this Pokemon. Its base stats, move-pool and Sand Stream Ability make Tyranitar a considerable threat in every OU meta-game. As a Balance oriented player, I wished to create a team that can take on anything, including competing in weather wars if necessary. Thus, Tyranitar was and is my go to Pokemon.

+

Heatran paired with Celebi makes a very solid core. I discovered it on the Smogon Forums and quickly saw its capabilities after online battles on Marriland and Serebii Forums. Here, Celebi works as a status checker and the surprise factor of the team carrying HP Fire while Heatran serves as a Mixed Sweeper.

+

Scizor directly came to mind when deciding for a priority move user as it makes a very solid partner with Heatran who covers its weakness. Zapdos was selected as the physically defensive tank and the ground immunity of the team. In the specific Generation, it carried HP Grass to surprise incoming Swamperts.

Finally, the team was balanced out with a Ground/Water type, Swampert, a solid Stealth Rock user and phaser, something the team lacked. The combination of Swampert's typing and move-set complimented and rounded out the team.​

Into The Competitive Scene
Generation 6 X/Y and OR/AS

The initial core from Generation 4 and Tyranitar remained. Heatran became the Stealth Rocker of the team due to the absence of Swampert. Once the team members were finalized Tyranitar took the role of a Special Defensive tank with the primary objectives of absorbing hits and pursuit trapping while Celebi's role remained unchanged.

----->

The first roster change was Swampert for Quagsire. It became apparent that Quagsire was a more reliable tank/wall with its access to Recover. Furthermore, the team would not require phasing (Roar) opposing set-up Pokemon in most cases due to Quagsire’s Unaware Ability. Quagsire also served as the ''hidden card'' of the team packing Stockpile which would on many occasions straight up beat entire teams not carrying toxic or if their toxic user was taken out in battle previously.

----->

Playing Pokemon competitively I quickly became aware that the previous version of the team struggled with the stall match-up. Introducing Gengar gave the team a stall breaker it needed and filled Zapdos's spot as the ground immunity of the team.

----->

With the introduction to Megas', Mega-Pinsir was added to the roster by replacing Scizor, taking the role of revenge killer and sweeper of the team. The team appreciated having a second ground immunity and Mega-Pinsir's Ability which allowed it to take care of certain threats reliably that the team could not do as well before.

The team was successful in the X&Y Metagame with a peak at the top 10 of the OU ladder. It shied from the first ranks due to its inability to remove hazards.

Piercing The Heavens
Generation 7 S/M

Although only two Pokemon remained in the roster from the previous version of the team, the roles/types of the Pokemon that were added were chosen with a similar philosophy in mind. The initial Generation 4 and final version of the team has a very similar, almost identical roster.
+
----->
+

Quagsire's typing was spread out between Tapu Fini and Zygarde. For the balance team to encompass and ‘’deal with everything’’, a terrain setter was thought to be essential. The Misty Terrain allows not only to check for status (role previously assigned to Celebi) but entirely prevent them. Furthermore, it’s a tool for disrupting the opposing trainer’s terrain and/or game strategy. Tapu-Fini’s Misty terrain proved to be a key component for the success of the team. The access to Defog rid the team’s previous weakness to hazards. Due to the popular U-Turn cores in the metagame, in the forms of Landorous-T, Greninja, Pheromosa etc. and the common Knock Off, Celebi could not fulfil its role effectively. On the other hand, Zygarde could fill the ground typing and the set-up sweeper role. Initially, Garchomp and Zygarde 10% were experimented with but it was concluded that Zygarde 50% with its bulk and access to Thousand Arrows was the optimal option for the Balance team.
----->

Gengar's loss of the Levitate Ability made me immediately switch back to Zapdos as the Ground Immunity of the team. Having a more offensive team in the presence of Zygarde as opposed to Celebi, the team appreciated a new Pokemon that could tank hits and Roost. Zapdos could serve that role while balancing the team out in terms of typing and the offense vs defence scale.
----->

Scizor made its return by taking on Mega-Pinsir's role in the form of Mega-Scizor. Mega-Scizor can serve as an off-tank due to its shear base stats and access to Roost which prolongs its survive-ability and cover the role Mega-Pinsir previously had. Having the option to absorb hits or sweep depending on the situation fits the Balance philosophy. Concluding, Mega-Scizor gives more flexibility to adapt to the opponent. The nerf to Mega-Pinsir's ability and the limited amount of times it can switch in due to the presence of Stealth Rock was something I took into account when deciding on this change.​

III. In-Depth Analysis

In this section of the RMT each member of ''Sandstorm Equilibrium'' is examined. Included are the reasons for why the certain Pokemon was selected along with an in-depth analysis on its EV spreads and Move-sets. The accomplishments of the team throughout the year lies not only in the team's flexibility but also in each Pokemon separately. The team roster never had a need to change and with just a few key tweaks depending on the current state of the meta-game would rise to the top consistently. ''Sandstorm Equilibrium'' is a team that strongly represents the Balance Archetype of Sun/Moon OU and with an in-depth look in the team's tweaks/changes one can follow the meta-game’s evolution from a Balance player’s perspective. Without further ado I present to you THE TEAM.​
  • Red-07 / Shinta

Roles: Knock Off, Off-tank, Revenge Killer, Set-up Sweeper

Mega-Scizor is the main win condition in most scenarios. If the opponent’s Pokemon are chipped enough and Mega-Scizor can set-up a Swords Dance he can clean the game. Mega-Scizor's role for this team is perhaps quite different than what he is commonly used for. Instead of packing the very common U-turn, here, momentum is sacrificed to maximize sweeping potential. With 252EV investment in Attack it achieves the maximum damage output possible. It's Base bulk, coupled with HP EV’s allows Mega-Scizor to absorb well resisted hits, Roost them off and even set-up.

Mega-Scizor equipped with the move Knock Off is ‘’Sandstorm Equilibrium’s’’ Signature. Although Knock Off on Scizor has been heard of before, no other team revolved around this set to such a degree or utilized it to its maximum potential. The move permits Scizor to maintain its set-up, rid items, check for Z-move holders and helps Scizor deal with or chip many of its counters, allowing for late game sweeps. 16 Speed EV's are invested to out-speed neutral natured Marowak-Alola. Below are a few crucial calculations that signify the importance of Knock Off for this team.
+4 252+ Atk Scizor-Mega Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs.
248 HP / 252+ Def Mantine: 348-410 (93.2 - 109.9%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO

+2 252+ Atk Scizor-Mega Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs.
252 HP / 0 Def Pelipper: 258-304 (79.6 - 93.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Lele: 327-385 (116.3 - 137%)
248 HP / 252+ Def Mew: 372-438 (92.3 - 108.6%)

252+ Atk Scizor-Mega Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs.
248 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 123-145 (31.9 - 37.6%)
252 HP / 132+ Def Celesteela: 102-120 (25.6 - 30.1%)
0 HP / 0 Def Marowak-Alola: 238-282 (91.1 - 108%)
0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Lele: 164-193 (58.3 - 68.6%)

• Godzilla / One4All

Roles: Burst Damage, Pursuit Trapper, Stall-Breaker, Weather Control

Tyranitar's primary objective is to generate holes/dents in the opposing team every time it attacks. Sand Stream Ability damage can be crucial in picking up kills in the later stages of the game. Pursuit trapping pins down threats that need to be immediately dealt with. Ice punch threatens incoming Landorous-T, Garchomp, Zygarde. Crunch is the most spammable Stall-breaking move as it has chances of lowering the opposing Pokemon's Physical Defence. Stone Edge is great in situations where the risk of missing is low and the reward high, tearing down Pokemon like Clefable, Mantine, Zapdos. The specific spread has 252EV's on both HP and ATT, maximizing damage and bulk. Most Choice Band Tyranitar sets run partial or maximum investment in Speed to outrun some common defensive Pokemon like Skarmory. However, even if Tyranitar is out-sped, it usually breaks through as the opposing tank cannot withstand Crunch Spam. In the case of being locked into Stone Edge, however, out-speeding Pokemon like Mantine, Skarmory is important. The team has been successful and with no notable issues rising from the above spread. Moreover, Tyranitar on many occasions has survived hits with a sliver of health due to its investment in HP and revenge killed, securing victory. In a Stall oriented meta-game some Speed investment is beneficial.

252+ Atk Choice Band Tyranitar Ice Punch vs.
4 HP / 0 Def Zygarde: 468-552 (130.7 - 154.1%)
4 HP / 0 Def Garchomp-Mega: 492-580 (137.4 - 162%)
-1 Atk Ice Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Landorus-Therian: 400-472 (125.3 - 147.9%)

252+ Atk Choice Band Tyranitar Crunch vs.
240 HP / 156 Def Mew: 378-446 (94.2 - 111.2%)
0 HP / 4 Def Celesteela: 214-253 (63.8 - 75.5%)
248 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 126-148 (37.8 - 44.4%)
252 HP / 192+ Def Toxapex: 123-145 (40.4 - 47.6%)
248 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 292-345 (41.5 - 49%)

252+ Atk Choice Band Tyranitar Stone Edge vs.
252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 241-285 (61.1 - 72.3%)
252 HP / 132+ Def Celesteela: 216-255 (54.2 - 64%)
248 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 156-184 (46.8 - 55.2%)
252 HP / 192+ Def Toxapex: 153-181 (50.3 - 59.5%)
248 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 364-430 (51.7 - 61.1%)

252+ Atk Choice Band Tyranitar Pursuit vs.
0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Lele: 141-166 (50.1 - 59%)
0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Koko: 63-75 (22.4 - 26.6%)
0 HP / 0 Def Latios-Mega: 218-260 (72.4 - 86.3%)

• Zeus / Naegi

Roles: Tank, Pivot, Chip, Status Spreader

Zapdos's great typing and natural bulk make it a great addition to the team for mid-ground plays and pivots. HP Ice makes Zapdos very threatening to some of the most common Pokemon in the meta-game like Landorous-T and Zygarde 50%.

Version 1 - Zeus: Zeus takes a more Special Defensive role allowing for a more offensive Heatran set (Alchemist). The Pressure Ability assists in predicting the opponent's spreads and speed tiers while also being very valuable vs the stall match-up.

Version 2 - Naegi: In Version 2 and 2.5 of the team Zapdos takes a Physical Defensive role while Heatran (Edward/Alphonse) balances out the team with some investment in Special Defence. Static Ability is chosen over Pressure giving Zapdos a greater chance to cripple HO teams. Pressure Ability is not required here as the changes in Heatran and Tapu-Fini equip them with stall-breaking capabilities.

Version 1 - Zeus:
252 SpA Life Orb Greninja Hydro Pump: 179-212 (46.7 - 55.3%) -- 16% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Keldeo Hydro Pump: 162-192 (42.2 - 50.1%)
252 SpA Life Orb Tapu Koko Volt Switch in Electric Terrain: 165-195 (43 - 50.9%)
+2 252+ Atk Aerilate Pinsir-Mega Return: 266-313 (69.4 - 81.7%)

Version 2 - Naegi:
252 Atk Lopunny-Mega Ice Punch: 146-174 (38.1 - 45.4%)
+2 252 Atk Kartana Leaf Blade: 163-192 (42.5 - 50.1%)
+2 252+ Atk Landorus-Therian Supersonic Skystrike (175 BP): 293-345 (76.5 - 90%)
252 Atk Pure Power Medicham-Mega High Jump Kick: 153-180 (39.9 - 46.9%)
252+ Atk Tapu Bulu Wood Hammer in Grassy Terrain: 140-165 (36.5 - 43%)

• Alchemist / Edward / Alphonse

Roles: Stealth Rock Setter, Off-tank, Magma Storm Trapper, Semi Stall-Breaker

Heatran went through the most variations in ''Sandstorm Equilibrium's'' evolution throughout the meta-game. Its reliability, however, in setting up Stealth Rock was never hindered, one of the main reasons that the team roster never had the need to change. Initially used as an offensive sweeper and trapper and later given a more defensive role, Heatran's versatility allowed ‘’Sandstorm Equilibrium’’ to fine-tune itself each time with the changes in the meta-game.

Version 1 - Alchemist: In the early stages of S/M OU the Magma Storm + Bloom Doom Heatran set packed the ultimate surprise factor. Bloom Doom could trap and severely damage/kill the common Tapu-Fini. Furthermore, Bloom Doom could instead be fired off immediately without Magma Storm trapping in an attempt to catch a water type switch-in like Greninja,Keldeo and Manaphy. This set became very popular and soon lost the magnitude of its surprise factor. Nevertheless, Bloom Doom Heatran is a force to be reckoned with.

Version 2- Edward: While Arena Trap Dugtrio was roaming in the OU meta-game, Edward was the best Heatran set answer to weaken Dugtrio or place Stealth Rock. Toxic was particularly useful in chipping Mega-Charizard X and stalling out Clefable. Lava Plume was preferred over Magma Storm for its accuracy, securing chip damage and threatening burn status on the likes of Zygarde 50%. Finally, Lava Plume's pp would help in pp wars against stall archetypes.

Version 3 - Alphonse: After the Arena Trap Ban a more optimal set became available for Heatran. Alphonse carries Earth Power and Taunt which with the combination of Magma Storm can defeat Pokemon like Toxapex. The new set can generally create more dents which the rest of the team appreciates. Alphonse can be considered as an ''in-between'' version of Alchemist and Edward, having a defensive and offensive presence.
Version 1- Alchemist
Bloom Doom(190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Fini: 330-390 (95.9 - 113.3%)
Bloom Doom (190 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Manaphy: 414-488 (121 - 142.6%)
Bloom Doom (190 BP) vs. 248 HP / 228 SpD Pelipper: 209-247 (64.7 - 76.4%)

Version 2 - Edward
Lava Plume vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Dugtrio: 145-172 (72.1 - 85.5%)
Lava Plume vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Bulu: 228-270 (81.1 - 96%)
252 SpA Magearna Focus Blast: 186-220 (48.3 - 57.1%)
252+ SpA Choice Specs Tapu Lele Psychic in Psychic Terrain: 129-153 (33.5 - 39.7%)

Version 3 - Alphonse
Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 64 SpD Toxapex: 144-170 (47.3 - 55.9%)
Magma Storm vs. 200 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Magearna: 150-176 (42.7 - 50.1%)
+2 252+ Atk Huge Power Mawile-Mega Sucker Punch: 274-323 (79.4 - 93.6%)

• Ariel / Nami

Roles: Utility, Pivot, Chip, Stall-Breaker

Tapu-Fini brings the Utility with access to moves such as Haze, Defog and assists in unleashing the full potential of the team with its Misty Terrain. When active, the terrain makes Scizor, Tyranitar and Zygarde an unstoppable force allowing them to switch in without the fear of being crippled by status moves. Even though Tapu-Fini has occasionally sat in the middle of the SM OU Ranking Tiers, it has always shined and dominated through ''Sandstorm Equilibrium''.

Version 1 - Ariel: Due to the highly offensive nature of the early Gen7OU with threats like Pheromosa and Mega-Metagross Tapu-Fini needed as much bulk as possible. Ariel served as the tank of the team to slow down or check the Hyper Offense archetype. The bulky Tapu-Fini set was what I considered the ''safest'' option for the unexplored meta-game at the time.

Version 2 - Nami: After a brief hiatus due to my studies, I came back to the competitive scene and quickly observed that Ariel was not performing as well as before. By changing Tapu-Fini from Ariel to Nami the team skyrocketed to the top of the ladder rankings again. Since then, Nami has become the staple Tapu-Fini version of the team. Throughout Sun/Moon only on rare occasions would Version 1 be preferable to Version 2. By sacrificing bulk, dropping Haze and Surf Tapu-Fini now out speeds threats like Zygarde 50% and breaks defensive cores with the combination of Nature's Madness and Taunt. 252EV’s in HP give Tapu-Fini maximum leftover recovery. The loss in Tapu-Fini's bulk is balanced out with the changes to Heatran and Zadpos.
Version 1 - Ariel
252 Atk Tough Claws Metagross-Mega Meteor Mash: 156-184 (45.4 - 53.6%)
252 Atk Pheromosa Poison Jab: 136-162 (39.6 - 47.2%)
252+ Atk Choice Band Zygarde Thousand Arrows: 153-180 (44.6 - 52.4%)
252 SpA Volcarona Giga Drain: 124-146 (36.1 - 42.5%)

Version 2 – Nami
Moonblast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Zygarde: 204-242 (56.9 - 67.5%)
Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 24 SpD Landorus-Therian: 115-136 (30.1 - 35.6%)
Moonblast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Heracross-Mega: 188-224 (62.2 - 74.1%)

• God / Lagann

Roles: Revenge Killer, Set-up Sweeper

Zygarde’s immunity to Electric Moves and access to Thousand Arrows gives the team the final tools to ‘’Pierce the Heavens’’.

Version 1 – God: The set includes Adamant Nature 252EV Attack for maximum damage output, enough HP to prevent Seismic Toss from breaking Substitute and minimizing hazard/status damage. The Sub/Coil set is typically used to set up on bulky tanks or walls carrying status moves and for gathering information.

‘’Sandstorm Equilibrium’’ abused the Sub/Coil Zygarde set from the very beginning of gen7pokebankou and witnessed its huge rise in popularity just a few months in Gen7OU. The set proved to be game changing for the meta-game. Trainers quickly adjusted by recruiting Clefable to their roster or equipping their Landorus-T and Tangrowth with Hidden Power [Ice]. As the meta-game shifted Choice Band Zygarde became the new favoured set. For ‘’Sandstorm Equilibrium’’ however, having a second Choice item on the team was inefficient and dropping the Choice Band on Tyranitar was out of question. Zygarde needed to be tweaked in a different manner. After experimenting with Earth Plate, Steelium Z and Dragonium Z and adjusting the roster analogously each time I finalized Version 2 of the team.

Version 2 – Lagann: Lagann gives the team speed with its 252EV investment and access to Dragon Dance. It serves as the second primary sweeper alongside Mega-Scizor. Heatran taking a more Defensive role in Version 2 permits Zygarde to become the Z crystal holder. In the current meta-game Dragonium Z is chosen over Steelium Z as it gives the team better overall coverage hitting Tangrowth, Quagsire, Mantine and Zapdos among others.
Version 1 - God
252 Atk Tapu Bulu Wood Hammer in Grassy Terrain vs +3 coil: 102-121 (25.1 - 29.8%)
252 Atk Tough Claws Metagross-Mega Meteor Mash: 177-208 (43.7 - 51.3%)
252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Koko Hidden Power Ice: 332-392 (81.9 - 96.7%)

Version 2 – Lagann
-1 Devastating Drake (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 216+ Def Landorus-Therian: 151-178 (39.5 - 46.5%)
Devastating Drake (190 BP) vs. 248 HP / 136 Def Mantine: 319-376 (85.5 - 100.8%)
Devastating Drake (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Quagsire: 228-268 (57.8 - 68%)
+1 Devastating Drake (190 BP) vs. 248 HP / 212+ Def Tangrowth: 271-319 (67.2 - 79.1%)
+1 Devastating Drake (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 28 Def Tangrowth: 342-403 (84.6 - 99.7%)

IV. Threat List & Match-ups

There are many common meta-game Pokemon that pose as threats to the team. Above are sprites of the ones I believe to be most significant. With a proper team preview analysis and a development of the analogous play-style for the specific match-up, no game is an auto-loss and there are routes one can take to come out victorious. Sometimes the team may have to play the aggressive game, trading a specific member to take out an immediate threat. The choice for the optimal member to be traded each time is crucial. There are match-ups where one must use only specific members of the roster up to a certain point of the battle solely to prevent the potential set-up of a threat that can sweep the entire team. One can opt instead to fight fire with fire, setting up with Scizor or Zygarde before the opponent does. It all comes down to experience with the team, learning match-ups and being able to dissect the opposing team's strategy from team preview.

Archetype Match-ups

Match-up strategies and replays against the most common archetypes seen throughout the Sun/Moon OU meta-game are presented in this section. There are numerous teams that cannot be categorized directly under a specific archetype but may behave similarly or incorporate the same philosophy to a certain extent.

Hyper Offense:
Very threatening match-up for all balance teams. It is important that trades are made optimally to maintain a relevant control of the game and not allow the opposing team to snowball. ‘’Sandstorm Equilibrium’’ can sweep or reverse-sweep if it manages to get a set-up. Furthermore, Version 2 - Naegi can turn the game to an instant win if it inflicts paralysis status even once.

Balance:
The team has had success against most Balance vs Balance match-ups. It comes down to player skill, experience and predictions. In these battles, a good strategy is to gauge the opponent’s team and find an ‘’in balance’’ which ‘’Sandstorm Equilibrium’’ can exploit. Balance teams can be slightly more defensively or offensively oriented. Realizing this ‘’in balance’’ can shed light to the path that leads to victory.

Stall:
Version 1 of the team would often lead to prolonged games with approximately a 50/50 match-up against stall. Version 2 and 2.5 has a favourable match-up against stall and semi-stall variants. This is where Tapu-Fini's Misty Terrain Ability shines the most. The timing on Misty Terrain Turns and switches is of outmost importance.

Trick Room:
The team has a favourable match-up against Trick Room. Being a naturally bulky team, ''Sandstorm Equilibrium'' in many circumstances can out-trade even when Trick Room is active. Tapu-Fini puts in work by Taunting Trick Room users and Tyranitar’s Sand Stream Ability limits Cresselia’s survive-ability.

Veil:
Initially, Veil seemed like an unfavourable match-up due to the presence of Manaphy and/or Tyranitar in the archetype. However, with experience, routes were found to reverse sweep veil teams by utilizing Tyranitar's Ability, Scizor and Zygarde. It is all about taking initiative and showing dominance in the early game.

Rain:
This match-up is similar with the Hyper Offense one. Often a win condition is an early Scizor set-up. If Kingdra is chipped enough Mega Scizor can KO almost anything with either Knock Off or Bullet Punch. Tyranitar is available to battle for weather control and disrupt the archetype’s strategy.

Webs:
Tapu-Fini's Utility takes care of the opposing hazards or can straight up prevent them with Taunt. Defog should be used with caution as Serperior and Bisharp can become huge threats. Occasionally, where seen fit, a viable strategy is to ignore the hazards completely and focus on inflicting damage. Sticky Webs do not hinder ‘’Sandstorm Equilibrium’’ much anyway.

V. Importable for Pokemon Showdown

Version 1.0: Peaked Feb/March 2017
Red-07 (Scizor) (M) @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 242 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Swords Dance

God (Zygarde) @ Leftovers
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 192 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Coil
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed

Godzilla (Tyranitar) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch
- Crunch

Ariel (Tapu Fini) @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 28 HP / 192 Def / 4 SpA / 12 SpD / 52 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Defog
- Haze
- Moonblast
- Surf

Zeus (Zapdos) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 4 SpA / 180 SpD / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Discharge
- Roost
- Heat Wave

Alchemist (Heatran) @ Grassium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Solar Beam
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power

Version 2.0: Peaked June/July 2017
Lagann (Zygarde) @ Dragonium Z
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage

Edward (Heatran) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 220 SpD / 40 Spe
Calm Nature
- Substitute
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Shinta (Scizor) @ Scizorite
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Roost

One4All (Tyranitar) @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Ice Punch
- Crunch

Nami (Tapu Fini) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Def / 232 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nature's Madness
- Taunt
- Defog
- Moonblast

Naegi (Zapdos) @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 64 SpA / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Heat Wave
- Roost

Version 2.5: Peaked September/October 2017
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage

Alphonse (Heatran) (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 88 HP / 164 SpA / 216 SpD / 40 Spe
Modest Nature
- Taunt
- Magma Storm
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power

Shinta (Scizor) (M) @ Scizorite
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Roost

One4All (Tyranitar) (M) @ Choice Band
EVs: 176 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 76 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Ice Punch
- Crunch

Nami (Tapu Fini) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Def / 232 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nature's Madness
- Taunt
- Defog
- Moonblast

Naegi (Zapdos) @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 64 SpA / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Heat Wave
- Roost

VI. Conclusion

Building and playing competitively with ‘’Sandstorm Equilibrium’’ has been a great overall experience. It has been, in my opinion, one of the very successful teams in its category, pioneering in the likes of Tapu Fini Misty Terrain and Mega-Scizor Knock Off utilization. The team displayed unfathomable adaptability to the meta-game changes. In finishing the write up of this RMT, I feel a sense of fulfilment in my OU journey. The only thing that may perhaps be missing is an official tournament appearance of the team which I could not personally find the time to invest in. For he who wishes to take a step into the Sandstorm, I tell him to be persistent, patient and he shall too pierce the heavens!
Lycon’s the name, they tremble from the mons I tame

The god squad they call, it’s inevitable that the enemies will fall

The heavens with a thousand arrows I pierce, Lagann will devastate you’ve never seen anything as fierce

Alchemist is sent in the bout, you’re hit with a magma storm and there's no way out.

Trapped in the vortex you witness a hidden power above, it's Zeus, whose static you’ll never love

You see victory but it’s just Nami’s misty illusion for your journey has reached its conclusion

Now in Godzilla’s pursuit, best you can do is bow down and salute.

Blacked out; Shinta has knocked off your game, now run back to Nurse Joy and let the world know my name.

VII. Acknowledgements

Finally, I would like to thank and acknowledge the following:

1. First and foremost my younger brother Alexander for putting this team at the very pinnacle of competitive play, for constantly peaking the ladder and helping me with tweaks throughout the meta-game. The level of success of the team would not be possible if it was not for his input and dedication.
''who the hell do you think we are!?''.
2. PABSANS2 for recognizing the team and posting it on pokemonshowdownteams.com even with several mistakes on move-sets/natures/items/EV spreads:
http://pokemonshowdownteams.com/gen7ou-team-16-lycon-mega-scizor/
3. Opacity 10 who uploaded the replay of the final match of the first peak to rank 1 without me even knowing who he is. I found the video randomly on YouTube a couple of months later. Below is the link:
4. mark331 for commissioning the artwork of the team. The magnificent work can be found in the following link:
https://mark331.deviantart.com/art/Commission-In-The-Desert-674470776
I also incorporated some of his other artwork in section III of this RMT along with artwork from deviant artist endless-whispers, SonnieJaye and All0412.
5. The anime ''Full Metal Alchemist'', ''Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann'', ''Samurai X'', ''Boku no Hero Academia'', ''One Piece'' and ''Danganronpa'' for giving me inspiration for the team theme and Pokemon nicknames.
6. Lastly, Smogon and Pokemon Showdown for making my Pokemon experience an even greater one.​

Last edited:
Edited Coil's typing to the correct one, thanks for pointing it out!
There are ways to play around Toxic Spikes. Three of the team's Pokemon are completely immune to Toxic Spikes. Furthermore, during Misty Terrain turns, Zygarde and Tyranitar can safely come in. Tapu-Fini can also be sent out while the Terrain is still up and defog them. Worst case scenario is Tapu-Fini getting poisoned while coming in to re-activate Terrain and/or defog. Finally, there are two Pokemon that carry Taunt which can utilize the move to shut down hazard setters.

Hello bro, nice team u got there.

I am working to find any more holes that might need to be filled, but rn what most stands is that this team just looks like ofensive landorus T lunch, so i would change zapdos to a Fastier spread, in order to come in and revenge kill it, and Scizor to a bulkier spread the way you can at least switch into it, while not afecting much ur sweeping skills, as you are often getting up more then one SD vs any team (u set up on def landorus, lead drill, latios, unboosted ofensive landorus and etc....) and a bulkier spread can take act as a pivot into unboosted ofensive landorus, just scout for Z fly or SD, but this way u dont gotta play games with smackdown or edge while trinna swap zapdos in.

Test it and see if it works, gz on peak and on team

Hey there nice team, I've been using it for about a week now and I this team really has issues with Mega Swampert and Shift gear magearna, nothing can really switch in on these mons and while scizor can take 3 EQ from swampert it can't really do much with Knock off, I ran some calcs and running bug bite over knock off could improve your MU vs swampert a lot better but at the cost of being a bit weaker to tanks with lefties.

Hey there Lycon, that's a pretty neat team you got there! I especially like the way you pair SD Scizor and DD Zygarde as they can both cover each other's weaknesses and pressure every types of teams with their boosted attacks. However, the team still has a lot of troubles to face some top metagame threats and archetypes. Tapu Koko (especially Specs) is, without a doubt, the biggest threat to your team as you have absolutely as it can threaten every single pokemon in your team, and you have to rely on priorities to have a chance to revenge kill it. Relatively fast wallbreakers such as Kyurem-B, Tapu Lele, Landorus-T, M-Medicham and Manaphy are generally big threats to your team as they can overwhelm your entire team without really risking being revenge killed. It's also really weak to set-up sweepers such as Volcarona, opposing DD Zygarde and Kartana (especially Darkinium and SubSD) as they can get multiple set-up opportunities against your team (vs Zor for Volc, vs Tran for Zyg and vs Fini and even Zor for Kartana) and pressure your team with their boosted attacks. The former is easier to deal with as you've got some ways to stop it (Ttar stopping Psychium, Heatran stopping SubSwarm and Fini heavily weakening Buginium) but it can still open up big holes in your team. Your team is generally weak to more offensively oriented teams and particularly Rain, Hazards Stack HOs and Psychic Spam.

Those issues are mainly due to the team's lack of speed control outside of priorities, making it easier for many wallbreakers to pressure your team without really being threatened back. There are a few changes that can be made to solve those issues:

• ->
    Tapu Fini in generally isn't a really good defogger as it's a pressured a lot by many hazard setters such as Offensive Lando and Ferrothorn due to its lack of recovery and thus, can't really do its job correctly. Mantine is a more durable defogger which also helps you a lot vs many threatening mons such as Volcarona, Manaphy, Kingdra, M-Swampert, Tapu Lele and Greninja and also gives you another ground immunity which is never bad. The only real drawback to this change is that Mantine is quite a passive mon who can't do much against threats like Kyurem-B but your team does have the tools to deal with those mons, and this issue is gonne be further covered with my next changes.
  • ->
    The main reason behind this change is that putting Koko over Zapdos solves the issue of your team's lack of speed by providing it a fast wallbreaker being able to pressure mons like Kyurem-B, M-Medicham and M-Pinsir. It also gives you a fast pivot which is really useful to bring in Zygarde (on a Mag for example) and Scizor (on a Tang for example).
  • SD Scizor is an extremely dangerous booster and I think that with a different spread, it'd accomplish it's role even better 248 HP / 64 Atk / 120 Def / 16 SpD / 60 Spe with an Adamant nature is the one I'd advise you. 64 EVs in attack allow you to secure the 2HKO on uninvested Zygarde with +2 BP; 60 EVs in speed allow you to outspeed AV Magnezone; and the 16 EVs in SpD allow you to avoid the 2HKO for Magearna's +1 Tbolt, while the 120 EVs in Def allow you to be as bulky as possible against physical attackers like Landorus-T and Zygarde. Also, I'd run U-Turn > Knock Off to also serve as a pivot in early / mid game. It's also really useful to not be trapped by AV Mag and to play around SubSD Kartana, among ther things.
  • On Heatran, I'd just run a 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe spread with a Timid nature to outspeed threats like Jolly Bulu, Defensive Lando and bulky Mew while miniminzing damages from Lele, Zam, Kyurem-B, Bulu, and so on.
  • On Tyranitar, I'd don't really see the point in running that spread unless you can provide some defensive calcs. I'd rather just run a 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe with an Adamant nature to outspeed things like max speed Modest Mag and Defensive M-Venusaur. I like the idea of Ice Punch to pressure Ground Types but with the addition of Koko, I'd rather put Fire Punch to lure on Ferros and Tangs

Other Options :

• Alternatively, you could run Substitute > Extreme Speed on Zygarde, in order to be able to set-up more easily on things like Pex and also pressuring switches even more. However, you'll lose the ability to hit fast Scarfers or faster mons in general (in case it's not boosted) with a priority move.
  • ->
    &
    ->
    These are some changes you can make over the major changes I proposed you above. Making these changes ensure you a better matchup against Tapu Koko while still being able to check rain teams and Volcarona effectively. However, this variant is a lot weaker to Flying Types such as M-Pinsir and Hawlucha as you rely on Grassy Terrain + Ttar to chack the former (considering it's not CC) and on priorities to check the latter.

Notes & final thoughts :

I think both variants are solid but they still have their issues. There are threats that aren't covered very well on both teams such as M-Medicham and Kyurem-B but at least, you have the tools to play around them. The first does have a better match-up against Flying types, but doesn't really have a good one vs Koko, while the second variant does have a good match-up vs Koko, but it's match-up against Flying types is trickier. Also, I'd really advise you to run Sub on Zygarde on the second variant as it doesn't struggle as much against Scarfers (like Lati or Keldeo) and there's also the grassy terrain recovery.

Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Extreme Speed / Substitute
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage

Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Magma Storm
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power

EVs: 248 HP / 64 Atk / 120 Def / 16 SpD / 60 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Fire Punch
- Crunch

Mantine @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 124 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Roost
- Haze
- Defog

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Ability: Electric Surge
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch

Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute / Extreme Speed
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage

Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Magma Storm
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power

Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Fire Punch
- Crunch

Tapu Bulu @ Assault Vest
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Atk / 56 SpD / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Nature's Madness

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Trick

That's all for my rate. Hope I helped and have a nice day! n_n

Hey there Lycon, that's a pretty neat team you got there! I especially like the way you pair SD Scizor and DD Zygarde as they can both cover each other's weaknesses and pressure every types of teams with their boosted attacks. However, the team still has a lot of troubles to face some top metagame threats and archetypes. Tapu Koko (especially Specs) is, without a doubt, the biggest threat to your team as you have absolutely as it can threaten every single pokemon in your team, and you have to rely on priorities to have a chance to revenge kill it. Relatively fast wallbreakers such as Kyurem-B, Tapu Lele, Landorus-T, M-Medicham and Manaphy are generally big threats to your team as they can overwhelm your entire team without really risking being revenge killed. It's also really weak to set-up sweepers such as Volcarona, opposing DD Zygarde and Kartana (especially Darkinium and SubSD) as they can get multiple set-up opportunities against your team (vs Zor for Volc, vs Tran for Zyg and vs Fini and even Zor for Kartana) and pressure your team with their boosted attacks. The former is easier to deal with as you've got some ways to stop it (Ttar stopping Psychium, Heatran stopping SubSwarm and Fini heavily weakening Buginium) but it can still open up big holes in your team. Your team is generally weak to more offensively oriented teams and particularly Rain, Hazards Stack HOs and Psychic Spam.

Those issues are mainly due to the team's lack of speed control outside of priorities, making it easier for many wallbreakers to pressure your team without really being threatened back. There are a few changes that can be made to solve those issues:

• ->
    Tapu Fini in generally isn't a really good defogger as it's a pressured a lot by many hazard setters such as Offensive Lando and Ferrothorn due to its lack of recovery and thus, can't really do its job correctly. Mantine is a more durable defogger which also helps you a lot vs many threatening mons such as Volcarona, Manaphy, Kingdra, M-Swampert, Tapu Lele and Greninja and also gives you another ground immunity which is never bad. The only real drawback to this change is that Mantine is quite a passive mon who can't do much against threats like Kyurem-B but your team does have the tools to deal with those mons, and this issue is gonne be further covered with my next changes.
  • ->
    The main reason behind this change is that putting Koko over Zapdos solves the issue of your team's lack of speed by providing it a fast wallbreaker being able to pressure mons like Kyurem-B, M-Medicham and M-Pinsir. It also gives you a fast pivot which is really useful to bring in Zygarde (on a Mag for example) and Scizor (on a Tang for example).
  • SD Scizor is an extremely dangerous booster and I think that with a different spread, it'd accomplish it's role even better 248 HP / 64 Atk / 120 Def / 16 SpD / 60 Spe with an Adamant nature is the one I'd advise you. 64 EVs in attack allow you to secure the 2HKO on uninvested Zygarde with +2 BP; 60 EVs in speed allow you to outspeed AV Magnezone; and the 16 EVs in SpD allow you to avoid the 2HKO for Magearna's +1 Tbolt, while the 120 EVs in Def allow you to be as bulky as possible against physical attackers like Landorus-T and Zygarde. Also, I'd run U-Turn > Knock Off to also serve as a pivot in early / mid game. It's also really useful to not be trapped by AV Mag and to play around SubSD Kartana, among ther things.
  • On Heatran, I'd just run a 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe spread with a Timid nature to outspeed threats like Jolly Bulu, Defensive Lando and bulky Mew while miniminzing damages from Lele, Zam, Kyurem-B, Bulu, and so on.
  • On Tyranitar, I'd don't really see the point in running that spread unless you can provide some defensive calcs. I'd rather just run a 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe with an Adamant nature to outspeed things like max speed Modest Mag and Defensive M-Venusaur. I like the idea of Ice Punch to pressure Ground Types but with the addition of Koko, I'd rather put Fire Punch to lure on Ferros and Tangs

Other Options :

• Alternatively, you could run Substitute > Extreme Speed on Zygarde, in order to be able to set-up more easily on things like Pex and also pressuring switches even more. However, you'll lose the ability to hit fast Scarfers or faster mons in general (in case it's not boosted) with a priority move.
  • ->
    &
    ->
    These are some changes you can make over the major changes I proposed you above. Making these changes ensure you a better matchup against Tapu Koko while still being able to check rain teams and Volcarona effectively. However, this variant is a lot weaker to Flying Types such as M-Pinsir and Hawlucha as you rely on Grassy Terrain + Ttar to chack the former (considering it's not CC) and on priorities to check the latter.

Notes & final thoughts :

I think both variants are solid but they still have their issues. There are threats that aren't covered very well on both teams such as M-Medicham and Kyurem-B but at least, you have the tools to play around them. The first does have a better match-up against Flying types, but doesn't really have a good one vs Koko, while the second variant does have a good match-up vs Koko, but it's match-up against Flying types is trickier. Also, I'd really advise you to run Sub on Zygarde on the second variant as it doesn't struggle as much against Scarfers (like Lati or Keldeo) and there's also the grassy terrain recovery.

Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Extreme Speed / Substitute
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage

Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Magma Storm
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power

Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Fire Punch
- Crunch

Mantine @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 124 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Roost
- Haze
- Defog

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Ability: Electric Surge
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch

Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute / Extreme Speed
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage

Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Magma Storm
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power

Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Fire Punch
- Crunch

Tapu Bulu @ Assault Vest
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Atk / 56 SpD / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Nature's Madness

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Trick

That's all for my rate. Hope I helped and have a nice day! n_n
Hello MFJr King, I really appreciate your time and effort on your rate, thank you.

I’d like to break down the things you stated and suggested.
Being weaker to offensively oriented teams in contrast to others is more of an archetype weakness rather than a team specific one, it’s sort of rock-paper-scissors game but without a definite winner/outcome each time. I highlighted the threat of hyper offense on my Team Archetypes section. From my experience, balance teams generally have an unfavorable match-up against HO but ways to victory can always be found if played optimally and if there are tools weaved in the team itself.

I really like your input and the team variants you showcased, how they improve the team’s matchups against some of the common threats and certain more offensively oriented teams. However, in making these changes there is one big issue. The team becomes very weak against the semi-stall and stall archetype which was initially a favourable matchup. Without access to Tapu-Fini there is no Terrain to protect sweepers from status. This makes switches into willo-wisp/toxic users way too risky and/or impossible. Furthermore, Natures Madness + Taunt is one of the primary tools which are utilized in creating dents in semi-stall, stall teams where in contrast Mantine would be considered dead weight and as you said too passive to get something going.

Regarding the change of Zapdos for Tapu-Koko:
This really does make the team more offensive and having volt/u-turn momentum is always appreciated. However, this also comes with a heavy cost. First, the team now has 3 Pokemon weak to Ground and loses one of its healing/tanks. Zapdos is many times utilized in checking for spreads due to its bulk and access to roost. For example, Zapdos can stall weather even on rain teams against the likes of Swampert and at the same time threaten with paralysis. Likewise, this forces many other of the team’s threats to risk being crippled when attacking. Zapdos’s Discharge paired with Static Ability provides a big chance in getting off status due to the Pokemon’s survivability. Zapdos is considered sort of an ‘’anti-meta’’ mon and it really has shined in being one.

For your suggestions on Scizor:
For your EV spread suggestion I would consider testing the SpD investment for the reason you mentioned but as far as its Def I never felt the need to invest in it as Scizor’s natural bulk and HP EV’s have done the job I intended it to do. Next, losing EV’s in attack greatly reduces Mega Scizor’s kill potential, the primary sweeper of the team. Dropping Knock Off for U-Turn on this specific team is something I disagree with for reasons I stated in the In-Depth Analysis section. Tapu-Fini paired with Knock Off Scizor is the team signature and where the team’s success stemmed from.

Your Heatran spread is identical to Version 1 of the team (Alchemist) where it is offensively oriented but has the proper defensive core/spreads of the other members to support it.

For your suggestions on Tyranitar:
The EV spreads I settled on are built Empirically. I wanted Tyranitar to be as bulky as possible while attacking at maximum power. In my analysis, I did consider some investment in Speed to out-speed a few common defensive Pokemon (Version 2.5). I will try out the more common 252 speed you suggested and see if Tyranitar’s tankiness is affected.

For your suggestions on Zygarde:
Obviously, Substitute>Extreme Speed was suggested in the Tapu Koko variant. Otherwise, as you stated, priority is one of the team’s mechanisms to battle against higher speed tiers/ faster teams.

Your version 2 suggestion provides Trick Latios to damage stall. I prefer Tapu-Bulu over Mantine for the benefits the terrain gives to the team but those changes come with the issues you mentioned. Even though Tapu-Fini lacks recovery outside leftovers, I believe it to be a much more reliable Defoger, for a Balance team at least, than Scarf Latios due to its bulkiness and typing. I think your mindset with these changes lead to a bulky offense archetype team rather than a pure balance one, hence its difference in efficiency against the other archetypes.

Every team has its issues and there is no ‘’perfect’’ team. The greatest ones though are the ones with tools for those unfavourable matchups or threats, their built-in availability in them for plays against those matchups while at the same time maintaining their efficiency in being victorious against favourable matchups and against those of similar archetype. From there, it’s up to the trainer’s experience to see, isolate the threats and find what is the best way to deal with them, make it a 50-50 or capitalize on them once their spreads are figured/predicted.

Finally, I would like to thank you once again for your input. Wishing you an awesome day!

‘’Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself’’-Kamina

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)