SM OU M-Gardevoir in the Sand 1694 ELO

proof of the peack:

Introduction

Hey guys, this is my second RMT here and this time I bring you a team with M-Gardevoir. I glady hope you enjoy the team and any change or suggestions will be well received

Teambuilding Process

I chose M-Gardevoir as my mega because I wanted to make a team with it, it's my stallbreaker and hits very hard to almost all stall/defensive pokemon.

Then I added Keldeo for the good synergy with M-Gardevoir and his ability to weaken almost the walls of Gardevoir

Zapdos is my deffoger and a great wall.

Excadrill is my sweeper under the sand.

I choose Tyranitar as sand introducer, my SR setter and Pursuit trapper.

Amoonguss makes a very good defensive synergy with Tyranitar since each can help the other with their checks

The Team

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Taunt
I choose Taunt over WoW because Gardevoir is my stallbreaker and can annoying Chansey. Hidden Power Fire because HV+HP can kill Ferrothorn and Scizor entering to change

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind
- Hidden Power [Electric]
This mon is usually my lead 90% of time. Hits incredibly hard almost anything. Specs Secret Sword can 2HKO Ferrothorn, Magearna, SpDef Celessteela, HP Electric kill Pelipper and can stop Rain Teams, also can hit hard Toxapex and Fini. Icy Wind kill Zygarde, Landorus-t and Garchomp.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Roost
- Defog
- Heat Wave
Zapdos is my defogger,althought my team is not weak to SR, and my way of dealing with Celessteela because this mon could destroy my team. It also makes good synergy with the team because can avoid EQ.

Excadrill @ Steelium Z
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance
Classic set, I don't think it's necessary to explain.

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Ice Beam
My SR setter, great bulk and he makes a lot of presure to other defoggers. Pursuit for trap Lati twins, Stone Edge hits very hard and Ice Beam hits really hard to Landorus-T, Garchomp and Zygarde.

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Def / 216 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sludge Bomb
This mon helps Tyranitar a lot and can deal with Rain Teams, Tapu Fini among others

Conclusion

I think it's a great team and very fun to play. I hope you like it and give it a try.

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Taunt

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Roost
- Defog
- Heat Wave

Excadrill @ Steelium Z
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Ice Beam

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Def / 216 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sludge Bomb

Hey buddy! I'm glad you give M-Gardevoir a shot with this great team. A few weeks ago, I've posted a team with M-Garde in sand and then another member gave me a great rate which was very very helpful. So, I'll try to give you some suggestions based in my experience playing with sand teams
At first glance, with team is unable to break stall because Dugtrio traps M-Garde and OHKO with Tectonic Rage or, 2HKO with Earthquake if It is Sash. To help in this matchup, I would replace Keldeo with something like Landorus-T or another stallbreaker with Shed Shell to avoid Dugtrio's Arena Trap. If you do this change, Landorus-T will be using your Z-crystal, so, make your Excadrill Life Orb is a good idea.
Also, this teams lacks a reliable Mega Charizard Y switch in, because it 2HKO anything in this team and also, takes away sand with the sun. Tyranitar isn't a very good check because Focus Blast destroy it and Keldeo gets OHKO with Solar Beam. Sadly, the tier lacks a very good switch-in to this mon, which could fit in sand archetype, but, I think Mantine is great handling it, and also, can check Ash-Greninja and Rain (like your Amoonguss).
I would preserve Amoonguss, because it's a great Tapu Bulu check, which otherwise runs through this team.

Landorus-Therian @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Fly
- Smack Down
- Swords Dance

Mantine @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 240 HP / 196 Def / 72 SpD
Calm Nature
- Roost
- Scald
- Toxic
- Defog

Hey,

I remember your RMT, in fact your team inspired me because I tested it a little.

Regarding the changes you have proposed me, it's true Dugtrio (usually with stall teams) can destroy M-Gardevoir with Z-Move but that usually happens whenever Chansey dies on Stall's teams, moment where Excadrill has free way for sweeping. M-Charizard Y is a problem more serious, my strategie agains this mon if they are not the SR setted, Gardevoir can resist 1H and switch in Tyranitar, but it's a pimple in the ass, xD. Rain Team and Greninja-Ash is not usually a big problem for me, I deal well with them (it may be because I have used the quite a bit).

I will also apply the changes you have suggested and I will tell you how it has gone.

Thanks for your tips!

Hey Ramses,

I find your recomendations very interesting, Tapu Koko can give me that spark of extra speed that equally lacks the team, except Excadrill under sand, and can outspeed Dugtrio and avoid arena trap. Also can give it 0HKO being faster than them to the two mons that cause me more problems: M-Charizard Y and Celesteela.

I also thought about using Chople Berry with Tyranitar to avoid the 0HKO in front of other M-Charizard Y without the sand, because if the sand is active there is a chance to survive Focus Blast:
252 SpA Charizard-Mega-Y Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 180 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 340-404 (84.3 - 100.2%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

With Chople Berry:
252 SpA Charizard-Mega-Y Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 180 SpD Chople Berry Tyranitar: 256-302 (63.5 - 74.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Thank you very much for your help and in testing the team with these changes I tell you something about how it worked.

P.D: Testing the team a couple of hours with the suggestions of Ramses I have found that M-Venusaur right now is the pokemon that causes more problems to my team so I'm considering using Brave Bird-Z in Tapu Koko.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)