Mafia 101 NOC: game over (mafia win)

Asek

Banned deucer.
Hi there! Welcome to my NOC. You have all receieved an inbox, containing within your role, as well as your partner for this game. To refresh your memory on the rules of this game....

Set Up
Scum

3X Mafia - has a team nightkill. Can day + night chat. Wins when town is eliminated or cannot win elsewise.
Town
1x cop. Can investigate one user per night. The investigate will return whether the targetted player if mafia or town. Wins when there are no more threats to the town.
9x Vanillla town. Wins when there are no more threats to town.

Game starts on day cycle

Hammer (majority) mechanic in play. This means that if a player receives more than half of the total vote pool at any point during the day they will be lynched at that point, and the day shall end

if majority isnt achieved during the day phase, the person with the most votes at the end of the day cycle is lynched. If its a tie, BOTH are lynched

Upon death, users roles are ALWAYS revealed

To vote for another user please bold your vote like this: VOTE (USER). If you are switching your vote, please do not 'unvote' so to speak. Simply change your vote by doing the same command of VOTE (USER). Your latest vote will be where your vote sits until you reuse this command.

Claiming your tutor will result in an instant godkill. Please do not do this or speculate about who each others tutors are

If you need any clarifications on game rules, please do not hesitate to ask me or your tutors.

Deadline for day 1 shall be in 84 hours. Or at the time of 9PM EST (GMT-5), Sunday the 15th.

Good luck and have fun to all!

ALIVE
Leprechan
Biggie
Blank Slate2356
Texas Cloverleaf
Martin
Former Hope
Shubaka

DEAD
Moodycloud
Mithril
haruno
King_
Whydon
Hitmonleet

Last edited:
Vote No Lynch :)
Jk jk

I don't like all this random voting, so I'm going to mimic Knights, and offer a few questions to everyone:

1. What is the best way to scumhunt?
2. Should emotional evidence be considered when scumhunting?
3. With such a lack of roles in this game, how should we go about protecting our cop, while dealing with the lack of information?

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Jk jk

I don't like all this random voting, so I'm going to mimic Knights, and offer a few questions to everyone:

3. With such a lack of roles in this game, how should we go about protecting our cop, while dealing with the lack of information?
1. Vote king
2. OMGUS are often very valuable arguments so yes
3. We don't

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Jk jk

1. Vote King
2. Yes but context dependent. For experienced players ignore entirely because they're likely able to craft a post to sound however they damn well please. For newer players (i.e. me in neighbourhoods) it's possibly the most obvious source of truth there is if you can read between the lines.
3. This is a really bad question to ask and speculate on because it gives scum an obvious path to follow when looking for him. Once we lose cop this becomes paranoia and we know how well that went for us.

1a: Look at wagon leaders, look at relational evidence after first scum is lynched, watch for distancing/scumtells, vote King

I don't like that q3 at all Vote Hitmonleet

Questions of my own:

1. Given the players in this game and the general bias towards newer players who may have more obvious tells, how much should meta be considered in reads?
2. Lynch obvscum experienced player Haruno y/n?
3. How do we deal with claims when a player reaches L-1? The only possible claim is cop or vanillager and we don't want our cop CCing...

Questions of my own:

1. Given the players in this game and the general bias towards newer players who may have more obvious tells, how much should meta be considered in reads?
2. Lynch obvscum experienced player Haruno y/n?
3. How do we deal with claims when a player reaches L-1? The only possible claim is cop or vanillager and we don't want our cop CCing...
1. Meta should probably not be considered very much, however, due to the existence of the tutors, we shouldn't put it entirely out of the question.
2. Not yet, because it doesn't seem entirely scummy. Also, because I'm pretty sure that was a joke.
3. Considering our only roles are Vanilla and Cop, I disagree, mostly. However, if cop is about to be lynched, they should claim results. Also, our cop should probably never claim, but this leads to a problem, as then scum-fakecop can go free. I've gotta think over this some more. It's a bit of a Morton's Fork.

Cop shouldn't claim as long as there's still a slight chance for them to not be lynched, if they feel they're being mislynched 100% they should claim results. People may decide to unvote claimers if they're convinced but a claim alone should never be a reason to unvote. People also should check the vote count before they hammer someone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)