Mafia 101 NOC: game over (mafia win)

Since either way, I'll probably be dead soon (either lynched, and that means we all lose, of I get nked today), I should probably get this out real quick.

Biggie: Has barely posted, and what they have posted hasn't been helpful at all. Very Scummy.
Blank Slate2356: Haruno called them suspicious, but they've been pretty town-seeming. Null.
Texas Cloverleaf: Pretty helpful, and they've tried to progress and scumhunt. Strong Lean Town.
Whydon: You all know my feelings about this. Absolute Scum.
Martin: I can't exactly tell. Their non-advocacy of the King lynch was either insight or an attempt by the Mafia to pass themselves off as townish. Null.
Former Hope: They seem to be actually doing things and trying to help out. Lean Town.
Shubaka: They haven't posted too much, but unlike Biggie, they've at least been somewhat productive. Null.

Okay so it's 2-2 right now which means if the tie isn't broken both Hitmonleet and I get lynched. Honestly I think I am fine with this. Obviously I would like to not get lynched and hope that Hitmonleet flips scum but from everyone (village) else's point of view I think it would be in your best interest to possibly lynch us both. I'm also certain Hitmonleet is mafia and if one of us ends up flipping mafia then after mafia kills its 3 vs. 2 (remember this is without a leprechan sub). Personally I don't know if village is willing to take this risk but I think it is better then mislynching just one of us and losing. By lynching both of us there is at least a higher chance of hitting mafia. Dunno if village is up for this though.

Either way I would like to see more posts from everyone because all of yesterday was just me and hitmonleet arguing.

Hitmonleet What makes you so sure we're at MYLO? If Lep is scum, it wouldn't be right? So what makes you so sure they are town?
I'll be honest, I didn't exactly entertain that possibility. It is entirely possible, although that is only the best possible scenario.

However, if leprechan was mafia, they would have probably been subbed out a bit earlier. On the other hand, since nobody's been hammered yet, it could be that leprechan is, in fact, mafia, which explains why they haven't won yet, but that's only one possibility.

I thought I posted my damn analysis yesterday of your argument, but shitty phone, shitty life.
Ok, here's the thing:
I see two reasons why Whydon is not yet killed despite being actively engaged.
1. He is a wincon: Starting from d0, Whydon was a prominent lynch candidate, because of the whole him-Leet-Biggie argument. Now, i see mafia as just easily pushing him into the lynch so that the win is guaranteed. Hence, a late game lynch wincon.
2. He is mafia: He is the one doing the nightkilling, along with two others. Him sacrificing himself rn does actually counter this point, because if Leprechan is the other mafia, then mafia has only one active member, and one player pushing for lynch against a now-more probable town is suspicious.

Then there is Leet. 2 reasons as well as to why he isn't dead yet despite. being a great arguer (I got that spelling down pat.)
1. Not a threat/Easy wincon: D0 centered mostly around Hitmonleet, the same argument as Whydon. My initial thoughts were:
I only got 2 so far.
I agree with whydon AND biggie, at the same time, they are good suspects of the same reason, which is Hitmonleet.
Biggie's hitmonleet is seemingly scum post agrees with me because it looks to me to lure cop, or center town around cop.
Whydon then goes and says that the post seems off, a diversion of sorts to divert attention, which is can also be right. This, though, for me btw, makes me see Why as Leet's accomplice, IF they are mafia, which I can only be partly sure of if one of them.flips scum.
Hitmonleet and Whydon are both scum and accomplices, serving as diversion. Well, that all but evaporated since they are at each other's necks rn.
2. He is scum: Yeah. If hitmonleet's post page 9 where he was saying that mafia wasn't hammering anyone yet seemed off to me. Like he was hinting at scum to drop it.
So, when you fail to provide evidence for your claim, it's fine because "it is clear what my intentions were", but apparently me not providing enough evidence is reason for suspicion? I bluntly stated my reasoning (Biggie has barely done anything to contribute, You were tunneled hard by the Cop, Blank was pretty much a misunderstanding) and yet you seem to think it isn't enough to match you in your evidence. I find it prevalent that you're simply trying to cover yourself up and throw shade on other people to get that last lynch you need.

Since I'm worried that you'll just call in your scumbuddies to stealth me and win, I'm gonna just highlight everyone to check this out:
leprechan
biggie
Blank Slate2356
Texas Cloverleaf
Martin
Former Hope
Shubaka

I'll be blunt here: Since leprechan is banned and we have no substitute, we're technically at 4 v 3, LyLo truely. Since Texas dislikes me, I'd like to plead for you to trust me, if we don't get unanimous village on this, we're gonna lose. I'll be honest, I'm shocked scum hasn't hammered yet.
But then again, he seemed fine with double lynching.

My thoughts on double lynching:
Its the best gamble we have, because its already semi-assured that one of them is scum, and if we find out who that is, we can derive that person's interactions all throughout and we can pick them off at the same time with another double lynch.
It is a giant risk-reward gamble, since there is a 50:50 chance they are both towns barking at the wrong tree, and the other is that one of them is scum.
Well, if anyone has other thoughts on this, but I'll keep the votes 2:2 for now.

Btw, we should most certainly pay attention to haruno's d2 scum reads. If he was being scum read, the scum had no business killing him unless he was getting some reads right

Alright, I've done some thinking, weighed our options, and got some advice, and here's my thoughts.

I'd like to talk a bit about the tie lynch. At first, it seemed great, but as I look at it more, it seems like a worse and worse idea.
  • Since I'm positive Whydon is Mafia, we have one person accounted for, as it is extremely likely that leprechan is also mafia, considering a lack of hammer on me. This leaves one mafioso unaccounted for. Unless the missing person is Texas, then Mafia can still stealth me and win, meaning we lose. As such, we essentially have a 6/7ths chance of a guatenteed loss anyways.
  • Even if Mafia is Whydon/Leprechan/Texas, town essentially has no chance in the status quo. 6 v 3 becomes 5 v 2, kill makes it 4 v 2, MyLo again. However, if we lynch scum Whydon, it becomes 6 v 2, kill makes 5 v 2, town can mislynch once. A much better cushion.
Also,
Btw, we should most certainly pay attention to haruno's d2 scum reads. If he was being scum read, the scum had no business killing him unless he was getting some reads right
*cough*Whydon*cough*

Just a few thoughts I've had.

honestly hitmonleet has been saying everything on my mind, just better.
as for original thoughts: finding a sub for leprechan soon would help a lot with the flow of the game, but idk if i want it to happen before this lynch bc of possible mafia hammer shifting. @ whoever host is, how're things lookin?

Summoning Asek for time till dl and stuffs.

Also, I'd like to just state this: If the tie lynch happens today (Although I've expressed all the bad things about relying on a tie lynch), Scum team absolutely has to be Whydon/Leprechan/Texas.

Hitmonleet your entire argument for not tie lynchig the both of us is that I'm guaranteed mafia. Tie lynching is literally our safest option because as long as we hit mafia we survive another night. The fact that you want to risk a single lynch just makes me think that you're a mafia that doesn't want to die and just wants to get the hammer on me over with because you know that if one mafia gets lynched then we still have a fighting chance of winning

It is in village's best interest to lynch us both. Doesn't matter if you're "positive" that I'm mafia, some people still aren't certain and this is by far the best move for village.

Also no matter what we are in MyLo until the game ends. Even if we lynch mafia right now, assuming leprechan never gets subbed out it goes down to 7 players after this lynch, one player dies and then it's 4 vs. 2 which is still MyLo

Hitmonleet your entire argument for not tie lynchig the both of us is that I'm guaranteed mafia. Tie lynching is literally our safest option because as long as we hit mafia we survive another night. The fact that you want to risk a single lynch just makes me think that you're a mafia that doesn't want to die and just wants to get the hammer on me over with because you know that if one mafia gets lynched then we still have a fighting chance of winning

It is in village's best interest to lynch us both. Doesn't matter if you're "positive" that I'm mafia, some people still aren't certain and this is by far the best move for village.

Also no matter what we are in MyLo until the game ends. Even if we lynch mafia right now, assuming leprechan never gets subbed out it goes down to 7 players after this lynch, one player dies and then it's 4 vs. 2 which is still MyLo
>Gets tunneled by the Cop
>Claims to not be Mafia

If you weren't mafia, this game would be over already. One of us would have been hammered, the game would be over. Also, that isn't my argument. My argument is that, excepting a very specific Mafia team, they'll simply stealth me and win anyways.

If, somehow, this tie lynch does go off, the scum team is Whydon/Leprechan/Texas.

Alright Hitmonleet. Well no matter what happens a double lynch is our best choice so there's basically no reason to advocate for a single lynch.

I emplore everyone else to stay active in case mafia tries to hammer, like, five minutes before DL

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Yeah I ain't breaking the tie. Lynching both Hitmon and Whydon this round is the best option rn. Im almost certain Hitmon is mafia and Whydon was tunneled unless Haruno is trolling us. I'd elaborate more but FUCK mobile plus I mostly just skimmed the stuff on this cycle anyway cause there's a lot of going around in circles especially early on in the cycle.

Well, before I get lynched, I would like to impart some wisdom, in the words of Oingo Boingo:

You worry too much
You make yourself sad
You can't change fate
But don't feel so bad
Enjoy it while you can
It's just like the weather
So quit complaining brother
No one lives forever

In seriousness, I want to point out that, if the tie lynch goes through, the scumteam has to be Whydon/Leprechan/Texas.

Good Luck town, I hope we win this.

Asek

Banned deucer.
You can't decide who to lynch between whydon and hitmonleet. To your suprise a shady looking character provides you with an extra rope. Lucky!

You secure the noose around their necks and watch them drop.

Before you can even check if they are what you suspected you hear a manical laughter in the distance.... your looks turn to horror as you realise exactly what you have done

Whydon and Hitmonleet were lynched There role(s) were both Vanilla town

The rest of you dont have long to contemplate your actions as all of a sudden Biggie, Texas Cloverleaf and Shubaka17 each brandish weapons and cut you down.

Game over. Mafia (Biggie, Texas Cloverleaf, Shubaka17) win.
I might write a postgame but I probably wont. A small reflection on my behalf tho: I don't think this particuarly worked that well. Some players took full advantage of their tutors and would of definitelt benefitied, others nearly completely ignored theirs. Coming away from this I think a better plan to integrate a newer player would be to throw them into a regular NOC with the normal crowd but give them a tutor for that game insread of a game solely with tutor / tutee system. It'd be something Im willing to do for a completely new player if they need help jumping into a game in future.

Thanks for playing, and I hope some of the newer players learned somethign and stick around in future!

well gg village, we tried lol

the fact that 2/3 of the mafia made like three relevant posts is actually super lame and just made it harder for us but we were at an inherent disadvantage anyway with haruno tunneling me the entire game and the king_ lynch was probably one of the worst moves a lot of us made

leprechan ban also sucked but it is what it is

props to texas though, didn't expect that wow

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
GG town, was fun to play from the scum side properly for the first time. Haruno was a hero call to hit cop, was a gut pick to push people after whydon. Curious who he inspected. Contrary to his assertions our tutor (rssp) didn't guide us much, more so gave general guidelines to act by as scum. No specific direction. Town was crippled hard by the lack of activity on the last day, there was no way a double lynch was the best option and more pressure needed to be applied to the other players, especially me when I just dropped a vote on hitmon and didn't say anything about directing town.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)