SM OU Mega Medicham Bulky Offense

Hello I am back for my second team that I am showcasing. I am do not think that I am good at teambuilding or pokemon in general, but I am making these posts so that people can see teams that I make if they like it and they can give me tips.

The Team

So recently I have been struggling with finding a team that works really well. After a lot of losing with different teams, I decided to go back to a basic team idea. I decided to make a team around the standard oras bulky offense core of Mega Medicham Landorus and Rotom. Mega medicham has an insane attack stat with a great movepool. This thing is really good for wallbreaking and cleaning up late game. With bulky offense, you pretty much need stealth rocks. What better stealth rock user then landorus. With a ground immunity, great bulk, and the ability to start a volt-turn core, this is just so good. There is a reason why this mon is so used in every metagame. Rotom is here to volt switch around for momentum, and will o wisp to just shut down some pokemon, it can just be really good for utility. After having this core, I wanted some solid speed control. Scarf jirachi came to mind because of its bulk, and obviously its ability to flinch. This mon can bring you the best luck sometimes. Once, I was playing a game against it, and got flinched 15 times in a row. This can happen when someone using this team is using jirachi, which can allow you to just win games that should be unwinnable. After this I wanted another wallbreaker besides medicham. I thought of primarina because it can take care of things that medicham can't break, such as mega sableye. With a primarina and mega medicham, you can kill pretty much all walls in the gam, except water ground types, but we'll take care of that later. So finally, I realized I was missing a defogger. After thinking about it for a while, I decided to choose mew. With access to defog, mew is very helpful for this team. With energy ball it can get rid of stuff like gastrodon and quagsire which could potentially be problematic to this team, even though they aren't that popular. Also, having volt switch is also really good for momentum.

Individual Sets:

Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch
- Poison Jab

A very basic EV spread, but very effective. The moveset of HJK, thunder punch, ice punch, and poison jab gets rid of every relevant wall, except mega sableye. With a decent speed, medicham can cleanup late game. This set has very good coverage, which is good in general.

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Atk / 52 Def / 48 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

This EV spread allows lando to outspeed most other helmet landos, take hits, and deal good damage. Stealth rock is a staple for helmet lando, and u turn is good for getting momentum. Overall, this is just very basic and effective at doing its job.

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Heart Stamp
- Iron Head
- Zen Headbutt
Very simple spread. Nothing special with the EVs. U turn for momentum, heart stamp and iron head for flinching, and zen headbutt for damage. Nothing to really say about this, other then if you are losing a game, this thing can just come in, flinch everything and get you out of a bad spot.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

Just like practically everything else, this is just very basic. Wisp for chipping and shutting down physical attackers. Volt switch for momentum and chip, hydro just for a strong stab, and pain split for good recovery. I think that pain split is actually a very good move that isn't as hyped up as it should be. The ability to heal yourself and damage the other pokemon, non reliant of the typing, is really good.

Primarina @ Choice Specs
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Moonblast
- Psychic

Primarina is an excellent wall breaker, that I feel is very under used in the meta. Choice specs hydro pump can obliterate some pokemon, even if it's only neutral, or even sometimes resisted. You can run hp fire on this instead of psychic, but I really like psychic for extra reliability against toxapex. This is a very odd pokemon, that, at first glance might not seem useful for this, but it really helps a lot and can clinch games. A very good special defense stat is very good for this type of team.

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 80 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Energy Ball
- Volt Switch
- Fire Blast
This EV spread may seem odd, but hear me out. Max HP is good for the most amount of bulk. This 80 sp.atk EVs will allow it to always OHKO standard mega scizor after rocks. 176 timid is just so you can get reliable defogs. Mega scizor is really problematic for this team, so having fire blast is really useful. Leftovers is just standard for residual health recovery. Volt switch is nice for momentum, and energy ball is just for stuff like gastrodon and quagsire, which I keep bringing up.

Threats to the team:

Mega scizor walls everything on the team except mew, which is why it runs fire blast. If mew gets KO'd, mega scizor will wall this whole team and 6-0 it. This is why hidden power fire on primarina would work well.

Greninja (specifically ash) is a big threat to this team. If you cant get momentum going with volt-turn, greninja can sweep this whole team. If greninja ever gets banned, this team will be even better, and a top tier threat (imo)

Thanks for reading this! I hope you give feedback about the team and try it out if you want.
Exportable data: https://pastebin.com/WarQ33Cy

Chokepic

You're a choker if you say you've never choked
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Maybe that would help:

Mega medicham with thunder punch isn't good without a electric terrain, and the poison jab isn't good at all; use zen heabutt and fake out instead.

I think you should change rotom wash to magnezone, with this change scizor will be checked. This will give you a ground type problem, but right now (with rotom) you are weak to zygarde too.

Use ice punch on jirachi for ground types.

Now that medi is unleashed, that's breaks all mons except 252 bold psychic types, so; why you are not using 252 HP 252 def bold nature mew for medi?

That's all. Good luck with the team!

Last edited:
Maybe that would help:

Mega medicham with thunder punch isn't good without a electric terrain, and the poison jab isn't good at all; use zen heabutt and fake out instead.

I think you should change rotom wash to magnezone, will this change scizor will be checked. This will give you a ground type problem, but right now (with rotom) you are weak to zygarde too.

Use ice punch on jirachi for ground types.

Now that medi is unleashed, that's breaks all mons excepto 252 bold psychic types, so; why you are not using 252 HP 252 def bold nature mew for medi?

That's all. Good luck with the team!
Thank you so much! These seem very helpful and I will definitely try them out!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)