Ladder Mix and Mega

I thought Mega Rayquaza was banned. Where is this usage coming from...? (Or is it just actual normal Rayquaza?)
Look at the movesets: 100.000% of Mega Rayquazas have Dragon Ascent, while no regular Rayquazas do. This is because the stats don't know about the Mega Rayquaza clause, so they just assume a Rayquaza with Dragon Ascent is Mega Rayquaza.

Look at the movesets: 100.000% of Mega Rayquazas have Dragon Ascent, while no regular Rayquazas do. This is because the stats don't know about the Mega Rayquaza clause, so they just assume a Rayquaza with Dragon Ascent is Mega Rayquaza.
Ahh... that would explain everything nicely. And, of course, Rayquaza is much better with Dragon Ascent is better than Rayquaza without it. It's thinking those Rayquazas with it are able to Mega Evolve, explaining the Mega Rayquaza usage. I'm also curious about how those Viability Ceilings work, exactly. They could be very helpful to determine what we should be using more...

Hey there folks. At the behest of Grains of Salt, I'm posting my Sandstorm M&M team. For your consideration, I present... Darude.

Archeops @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Roost
- Head Smash
- Earthquake

Durant @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Truant
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Entrainment
- X-Scissor
- Thunder Fang

Regirock @ Pinsirite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Explosion
- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Darmanitan @ Steelixite
Ability: Sheer Force
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Leafeon @ Aggronite
Ability: Leaf Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Substitute
- Leaf Blade

Flygon @ Cameruptite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Earth Power
- Draco Meteor
- Protect
- Defog

They're not spectacular, though I've won more matches with them than I had expected. I'm always looking for ways to improve the team, so if you come up with something, please let me know!1

Last edited:
That's a fairly nice team, but I have two questions:
1.) Why does that Darmanitan have Steelixite? I would think Metagrossite or Lopunnite would be a better choice.
2.) A sand team without Hippowdon or Tyranitar... did you forget about them, or did you not think either would fit?

I really like that Durant gimmick, though. It's a good answer for Blissey and other passive walls...

Hey there folks. At the behest of Grains of Salt, I'm posting my Sandstorm M&M team. For your consideration, I present... Darude.

Archeops @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Defeatist
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Roost
- Head Smash
- Earthquake

Durant @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Truant
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Entrainment
- X-Scissor
- Thunder Fang

Regirock @ Pinsirite
Adamant Nature
- Explosion
- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Darmanitan @ Steelixite
Ability: Sheer Force
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Leafeon @ Aggronite
Ability: Leaf Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Substitute
- Leaf Blade

Antlion @ Cameruptite
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Draco Meteor
- Protect
- Defog

They're not spectacular, though I've won more matches with them than I had expected. I'm always looking for ways to improve the team, so if you come up with something, please let me know!1
(antlion is a Flygon)

I wanted him to post this because it's the first time I've seen in a long time that really emphasize the beauty of Mix and Mega. Mega Stones have shown time and time again to completely change the roles a pokemon can exercise. You can make bulky walls frail sweepers, you can make mediocre pokemon with lacklustre typing/stats amazing with the correct stone. This team shows that. Would you really run Flygon... at all? And even then, would you run Cameruptite? Sure Regirock might seem lackluster in comparison to Tyranitar, who is stronger and with Dragon Dance, but here is he is running explosion - capable of really catching something of guard. It turned a fat, underused wall into a fearsome wallbreaker with the bulk to back it up under sand. Of course, Archeops is something you'd never thing of as a good sand setter - but here we are.

It's not a good team, (Keldeo OHKOs and outspeeds every member) but I really think it shows that you can really show of your creative muscles when team building.

That's a fairly nice team, but I have two questions:
1.) Why does that Darmanitan have Steelixite? I would think Metagrossite or Lopunnite would be a better choice.
2.) A sand team without Hippowdon or Tyranitar... did you forget about them, or did you not think either would fit?

I really like that Durant gimmick, though. It's a good answer for Blissey and other passive walls...
Steelixite is there for Sand Force as well as a boost to Attack. Flare Blitz vaporizes anything that doesn't resist it.

I thought about the two of them, but they would both lose Sand Stream upon Mega Evolving. I decided that Archeops would be best for the job since with Tyranitarite it can set up Sandstorm and then immediately pivot out with U-Turn. And if it stays in, it gets that lovely boost.

(antlion is a Flygon)

I wanted him to post this because it's the first time I've seen in a long time that really emphasize the beauty of Mix and Mega. Mega Stones have shown time and time again to completely change the roles a pokemon can exercise. You can make bulky walls frail sweepers, you can make mediocre pokemon with lacklustre typing/stats amazing with the correct stone. This team shows that. Would you really run Flygon... at all? And even then, would you run Cameruptite? Sure Regirock might seem lackluster in comparison to Tyranitar, who is stronger and with Dragon Dance, but here is he is running explosion - capable of really catching something of guard. It turned a fat, underused wall into a fearsome wallbreaker with the bulk to back it up under sand. Of course, Archeops is something you'd never thing of as a good sand setter - but here we are.

It's not a good team, (Keldeo OHKOs and outspeeds every member) but I really think it shows that you can really show of your creative muscles when team building.
Personally that's my favorite thing about Mix and Mega. Sure, it's ultimately competitive and so people are gonna gravitate towards things that are actually good, but the format opens up virtually limitless possibilities. I would highly recommend everybody make at least one team that's objectively bad, but that is really fun to use.

And just for the record, Regirock is my favorite team member. It's so satisfying to watch your opponent's sweeper wash harmlessly over its bulk and then get blown to smithereens by Explosion.

Steelixite is there for Sand Force as well as a boost to Attack. Flare Blitz vaporizes anything that doesn't resist it.

I thought about the two of them, but they would both lose Sand Stream upon Mega Evolving. I decided that Archeops would be best for the job since with Tyranitarite it can set up Sandstorm and then immediately pivot out with U-Turn. And if it stays in, it gets that lovely boost..
Er, Steelixite doesn't work on Flare Blitz. But it does give a nice Earthquake boost, as well as a boost to Attack + Defense + a Sandstorm immunity. I suppose you could do worse.
I mainly said that because I got tons of mileage out of Tyranitar in MnM. Giving itself a defensive boost, and then a better typing is utterly fantastic. It is pretty bad at weather support as a result, though.

I absolutely love that Regirock, too. Sweeper bringing you down? BOOM!

Mix and Mega is great with all of the possibilities. I've made plenty of bad teams, and I've enjoyed using all of them to some capacity. You can see all of my RNG created teams if you snoop enough in the Silly Things in Other Metas thread. Also... stuff like Magcargo and Vespiquen are actually pretty viable in this environment. I'm pretty sure I was single-handedly responsible for raising the viability of the latter over stuff like Garchomp, if that data in the pastebin is to be believed. Maybe building and using a team entirely out of underused pokes in a collaboration would be a fun activity.

Personally I'm a fan of what I call Mix and Mono. Making monotype teams is a lot of fun already imo, and even more so with the flexibility that Mix and Mega affords.

This is a cool team I've been working on for a while now. It has won two room tours and peaked #1 on ladder.

http://pastebin.com/wJ7RDutK

Landorus-Therian @ Blazikenite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

- Swords Dance

Blazikenite Landorus-T is one of the strongest sweepers in Mix and Mega. For an offensively oriented team such as this one, it provides great utility in checking fast threats like Pidgeotite and Lucarionite sweepers with a combination of Speed Boost plus protect, and can easily check physically offensive threats like Entei, with Intimidate. Earthquake, Stone Edge and Swords Dance give the power and coverage to sweep. At +2 nothing is safe.

120 HP EVs ensure Landorus never gets OHKOed by +1 Adamant Altarianite Zygarde Extreme Speed

Important Calculation
+2 252+ Atk (Base 185) Landorus-T Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 177-209 (52.9 - 62.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Lava Plume
- Dragon Tail

Specially Defensive Primal Groudon is the best Stealth Rock setter of the Meta and Stealth rock is vital for chipping threats that would otherwise halt Landorus' sweep. Precipice Blades is solid ground STAB and 2HKOs most Geo Xern, OHKOs Gengar and Entei, and does decent damage to walls. Lava Plume is the scald of ORAS Ubers, and fire STAB kills Skarmory, Ferrothorn and Scizor. More importantly, it can potentially burn Sablenite Zapdos, Sablenite Hippowdon and offensive ones like Landorus and Giratina-O. Dragon Tail accumulates hazard damage, hits Latias, Latios and Giratina, and forces out extremely bulky yet underwhelming calm mind wind conditions like sablenite Slowbro. Primal Groudon's is also the team's primary Entei, Xerneas, Kyogre, Cobalion, Klingklang and Raiku (Even Red Orb) check.

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Sneak
- Defog

Giratina-Origin is mainly here to defeat almost all Primal Groudon variants while using defog to clear hazards. It has excellent natural bulk and soft checks Pinsirite Sweepers, Ekiller, Keldeo, Terrakion and Landorus. Draco Meteor to OHKO or heavily damage frail threats like Weavile and Landorus. STAB shadow ball is the safest STAB option and hits threats like Mew super effectively. Shadow Sneak is mostly here to hit extremely weakened threats. Fighting and Ground immunities are important in general.

Klefki @ Latiasite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Play Rough
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic
- Spikes

Based lord klefki is here in Mix and Mega. Steel Types are helpful in a Ate Spam Meta and fairy typing allows it to hit Noivern, Keldeo, Hoopa-U, Latias and Latios super effectively. Thunder Wave emergency checks almost any sweeper without priority or an electric immunity. Spikes are fantastic in the meta due to the prevalence of bulky balance cores that love to switch around a lot. Toxic in conjunction of Latiasite is oddly the team's way of checking Zygarde and Landorus through the surprise ground immunity. They are later stalled to death by switching and other members' Protect.
***Used to be Pinsirite, Thanks LaxLapras***

Terrakion @ Lucarionite
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Protect
- Substitute

Terrakion was mostly added to break the SkarmBliss Core. Adaptability thanks to Lucarionite makes Close Combat and Stone Edge hit extremely hard and OHKO a lot of neutrally hit threats. Protect helps with the Toxic stall with Klefki and gives the higher speed to reliably check Ekiller. Substitute goes perfectly with Klefki's Thunder Wave because the free Substitutes from Paralysis makes Terrakion even harder to beat.

Ho-Oh @ Choice Band
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Earthquake
- Sleep Talk

The final slot is Choice Band Ho-oh. Ho-oh plays an interesting role in acting as a check to sleep inducers via sleep talk plus massive, natural special bulk, and Jolly Ho-oh out-speeds Adamant Entei (only Entei that can learn Extreme Speed) to truck it with a move of choice. It also makes an Anti-Meta Zygarde check since none of them use Stone Edge. Regenerator is really handy in outlasting bulky teams.

Earlier this slot used to be Ekiller to better check Blazikenite Landorus who is extremely dangerous to this team since there are no strong priority users to revenge kill the speed demon. It also still revenge kills Entei and a wide array of frail threats like Thunderous. However, it makes the team susceptible to Zygarde which Ho-oh Handles better.

Arceus @ Life Orb
Ability: Multitype
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Thunder
- Earthquake

This was the previous Ekiller set. Iron Head can be used over Thunder to further threaten Altarianite Zygarde.

SO THATS THE TEAM :D

Basically never loses if you hit your stone edges

Last edited:
I can vouch for Highlord's team and its strength. I can beat 99% of the high ladder Mix and Mega teams consistently (Including Quantnub Terrible :^)) EXCEPT for Highlord's team which has beaten me badly both times I have faced it.

It may be a nerdy uber team but it sure is good.

Regirock @ Pinsirite
Adamant Nature
- Explosion
- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
Never thought of Body Slam before. I personally just run Rock Polish with Return, Earthquake, and Rock Slide (for accuracy's sake), but Explosion is still an amazing move.

Never thought of Body Slam before. I personally just run Rock Polish with Return, Earthquake, and Rock Slide (for accuracy's sake), but Explosion is still an amazing move.
Initially I was running Stealth Rock and was using him as a suicide lead, but I got frustrated by the amount of things with Magic Bounce I was running into that'd throw my rocks back at me first turn, so I tweaked him a bit.

I have the day off so i thought I might submit a team. I know its only a few days out from sun and moon but whatever. The goal of this team is to get rid of opposing e-speeders and then sweep with terrakion. I doubt this is good enough to be a sample team but if people like it i don't mind if you use it. at some point I'm pretty sure i got into top 50 on the ladder which at the time was somewhere in the mid 1500's. Its been a while now but i still think this team is decent.

Ferrothorn @ Aggronite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Protect

I decided not to opt for a blue orb on ferrothorn, and the team is a lot weaker against entei and P-groudon for it, but it helps against pretty much everything else with the extra physical bulk, and filter. Obviously you can change this if blue orb suits the team better. Choosing between this and skarmory was a big toss up, it can honestly go either way. i enjoy having spikes up to help out weavile and arcanine breaking through wall, but again, skarmory can do this too if it will fit into the set.

Arcanine @ Altarianite
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Wild Charge
- Flare Blitz
- Howl

I prefer arcanine over entei because it has a way to break skarmory and other bulky waters.
+1 252+ Atk Arcanine Wild Charge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 204-242 (61 - 72.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
This is a standard blue orb skarmory, which as far as i know is the best set, I've used it myself and its a life saver. Arcanine is great against a lot of other treats too, and will generally ohko things that are weak to e speed.

Zapdos @ Manectite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 104 HP / 152 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Roost
- Defog/ Hidden Power [Ice]
- Toxic

-1 252+ Atk Pixilate Zygarde Extreme Speed vs. 104 HP / 152+ Def Zapdos: 100-118 (28.8 - 34%) -- 1.6% chance to 3HKO (adamant zygarde)
I made this set up to stall out zygarde, and it will try to boost but you can toxic it and heal off the damage as it still won't 2hko you at 0 boosts and you can take 1 hit when it is at +1. I usually use this as a lead as it's important to mega evolve it early to get intimidate and you can just volt switch out anyway.

Terrakion @ Lucarionite
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack

Pretty standard here, quick attack is useless most of the time as priority is generally +2 in this metagame but it can help sometimes, and the only other option is swords dance but there isn't much opportunity to set up in this meta. Terrakion can ohko a lot of stuff, but only send it out early game if you think it can do this, as losing the wincon ealry is a bad idea.

Blissey @ Sablenite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic / Shadow Ball

While i like slowbronite because it shields you from critical hits and means you can do decent damage to zygarde with dazzling gleam, this set handles red orb raikou a lot better and magic bounce is nice. Unfortunately you are completely stopped by gengar, but the good news is he can't do anything to you either. This can be circumvented by running shadow ball but that has its own drawbacks, like failing against anything with recovery. Aromatherapy is mandatory to take on entei as it will always try to burn you with sacred fire, and once it has no pp left, you can wall its espeed and wont have to worry about burns.

Weavile @ Glalitite
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- Low Kick
- Pursuit / Feint

I love this thing, first two moves are obvious, low kick is a god send for rock and steel types, and most of them are heavy already. The last slot is very clutch. Pursuit outspeeds and ohko's gengar, but feint out prioritises extreme speed to nab a revenge kill or maybe get some last damage off if weavile isn't needed anymore. Glalitite does nothing for its bulk so try to come in on things it will force out so you can deal damage to pokemon when they switch in and hopefully 2hko them. He is a great answer to thundurus and tornadus too, which have been a little more common lately.

I have the day off so i thought I might submit a team. I know its only a few days out from sun and moon but whatever. The goal of this team is to get rid of opposing e-speeders and then sweep with terrakion. I doubt this is good enough to be a sample team but if people like it i don't mind if you use it. at some point I'm pretty sure i got into top 50 on the ladder which at the time was somewhere in the mid 1500's. Its been a while now but i still think this team is decent.

Ferrothorn @ Aggronite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Protect

I decided not to opt for a blue orb on ferrothorn, and the team is a lot weaker against entei and P-groudon for it, but it helps against pretty much everything else with the extra physical bulk, and filter. Obviously you can change this if blue orb suits the team better. Choosing between this and skarmory was a big toss up, it can honestly go either way. i enjoy having spikes up to help out weavile and arcanine breaking through wall, but again, skarmory can do this too if it will fit into the set.

Arcanine @ Altarianite
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Wild Charge
- Flare Blitz
- Howl

I prefer arcanine over entei because it has a way to break skarmory and other bulky waters.
+1 252+ Atk Arcanine Wild Charge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 204-242 (61 - 72.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
This is a standard blue orb skarmory, which as far as i know is the best set, I've used it myself and its a life saver. Arcanine is great against a lot of other treats too, and will generally ohko things that are weak to e speed.

Zapdos @ Manectite
EVs: 104 HP / 152 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Roost
- Defog/ Hidden Power [Ice]
- Toxic

-1 252+ Atk Pixilate Zygarde Extreme Speed vs. 104 HP / 152+ Def Zapdos: 100-118 (28.8 - 34%) -- 1.6% chance to 3HKO (adamant zygarde)
I made this set up to stall out zygarde, and it will try to boost but you can toxic it and heal off the damage as it still won't 2hko you at 0 boosts and you can take 1 hit when it is at +1. I usually use this as a lead as it's important to mega evolve it early to get intimidate and you can just volt switch out anyway.

Terrakion @ Lucarionite
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack

Pretty standard here, quick attack is useless most of the time as priority is generally +2 in this metagame but it can help sometimes, and the only other option is swords dance but there isn't much opportunity to set up in this meta. Terrakion can ohko a lot of stuff, but only send it out early game if you think it can do this, as losing the wincon ealry is a bad idea.

Blissey @ Sablenite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic / Shadow Ball

While i like slowbronite because it shields you from critical hits and means you can do decent damage to zygarde with dazzling gleam, this set handles red orb raikou a lot better and magic bounce is nice. Unfortunately you are completely stopped by gengar, but the good news is he can't do anything to you either. This can be circumvented by running shadow ball but that has its own drawbacks, like failing against anything with recovery. Aromatherapy is mandatory to take on entei as it will always try to burn you with sacred fire, and once it has no pp left, you can wall its espeed and wont have to worry about burns.

Weavile @ Glalitite
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- Low Kick
- Pursuit / Feint

I love this thing, first two moves are obvious, low kick is a god send for rock and steel types, and most of them are heavy already. The last slot is very clutch. Pursuit outspeeds and ohko's gengar, but feint out prioritises extreme speed to nab a revenge kill or maybe get some last damage off if weavile isn't needed anymore. Glalitite does nothing for its bulk so try to come in on things it will force out so you can deal damage to pokemon when they switch in and hopefully 2hko them. He is a great answer to thundurus and tornadus too, which have been a little more common lately.
All the mons in this set are created to counter another mon. What's stopping them to switch out to a mon that can easily take them out?

Examples:
- While Weavile is a good Gengar and Lando-T check, it gets destroyed by Espeeders and Pdon.
- While Zapdos deals with Altarinite Zygarde well, it gets destroyed by Pdon, Lando-T, and Weavile.
- While Arcanine can deal with Skarmony and other Pinsirite mons, It gets bead by everything from Pdon to Lando T to to Blissey other Espeeders to bulky water types.
- Ferro is beat by nearly everything in the meta without a blue orb, with weakness to fire and fighting and bad speed.

I could go on, and while your team is theoretically not terrible, I feel like any good opponent can counter this team without any all-around all purpose mons to help out. In my opinion you are not taking advantage of three of the best mega stones in the meta - Pinsirite, Red Orb, and Blazikenite. Without all three of these standard all purpose stones on mons that are too swingy it makes your team vulnerable.

Out of new gen 7 pokemon?

Effectively all the ultra beasts, except maybe the steel flying one and possibly guzzlord depending on what moves he has.

Its unclear at the moment how wishiwashi will work so he may need to be tested. I have no idea how mimikyu's ability will work with mega evolution so that will be worth a check too. Finally, how will miniors ability work with evolution, say for example it mega evolves after a form change.

Marshadow, Tapu koko and Tapu lele will probably be too much with their offensive stats.

Lastly, I don't think it will be too much of a problem but vikavolt with a speed boosting stone like diancitite, absolite, cameruptite (sheer force thunderbolt, energy ball and bug buzz) or even pigeotite (abuse zap cannon) could be a bit nasty, i guess we'll see with time.

Out of new gen 7 pokemon?

Effectively all the ultra beasts, except maybe the steel flying one and possibly guzzlord depending on what moves he has.

Its unclear at the moment how wishiwashi will work so he may need to be tested. I have no idea how mimikyu's ability will work with mega evolution so that will be worth a check too. Finally, how will miniors ability work with evolution, say for example it mega evolves after a form change.

Marshadow, Tapu koko and Tapu lele will probably be too much with their offensive stats.

Lastly, I don't think it will be too much of a problem but vikavolt with a speed boosting stone like diancitite, absolite, cameruptite (sheer force thunderbolt, energy ball and bug buzz) or even pigeotite (abuse zap cannon) could be a bit nasty, i guess we'll see with time.

All of the Ultra Beasts that go to ubers will likely get bans, but unless one of them proves overly powerful, I doubt any of the others will go.

Wishiwashi/Minior would work just like Aegislash and Meloetta do, it uses the stats of the current form. I highly doubt that Wishiwashi will be overly powerful. It's hideously slow, and has low base HP. It's got awesome offenses and defenses, but lacks coverage and has no recovery outside of rest and has next to no boosting options.

Marshadow would need testing, but I don't doubt that it'd be VERY powerful with its super optimized BST, solid typing and movepool. Tapus might not be broken due to flaws they have, and might not even choose to mega evolve if they want to set terrains instead.

Vikavolt's got potential, but I don't see it having anything over our currently used electric types, and it's rather slow.

remember how entei lacking bulldoze cant touch slowbronite tentacruel? meet toxapex. an insanely bulky tentacruel with recovery. rip entei.

The problem being that Pinsirite Entei has zero problems with Toxapex. I can forsee Pinisite Entei getting more popular because of this.
true, but seeing as how arceus-water walls altariantite entei, and does even better vs pinsirite, a lets say sablenite toxapex should still wall pinsirite with ~200 def

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/mixandmega-480102400

Feraligatr outsped my Pheromosa on turn 1 even though gatr's max speed is 280, he wasn't scarved and I am hasty max speed.

Edit: Happened again.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/mixandmega-480163289

This time with a togekiss outspeeding and killing me. No I was not using a negative priority move.
If you do go on the mnm ladder with gen 7 mons, be cautious at least on the first turn. Idk what is going on but something definitely isn't right.

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
So wait ik this is Gen 7 talk, but I wanted to ask this here, are we only allowing the 18 mega stones that are available in game to be used in this meta? (which makes the most sense since we would wanna follow cartridge mechanics as close as possible.)

If so then RIP this metagame :(

Reactions: nv

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)