Side Monotype Generations Tour [Won by Lotus Wincon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader

Co-hosted with Izaya / Approved by Eien and Acast / Art by Moosical (Torkool)

This will be a single elimination tournament and as the name describes this tour focuses around 3 monotype tiers; BW, ORAS, and SM. Each round will last one week and will be a Best Out of 3 with one game from each different Monotype Generation. All replays must be posted every round, there are no exceptions. Since there are no Monotype specific formats for Gen 6 or Gen 5 they will be played in these tiers. For Gen 6 Monotype every match will be played in the Gen 6 Ubers format and for Gen 5 Monotype every match will be played in the Gen 5 OU format. Standard rules and clauses should be followed in each tier.

SPECIFIC RULES:

• This tournament will be Single Elimination
  • All rounds will be Best of Three.
  • SM is the first generation played in each round. The loser gets to pick the next generation played.
  • While Gen 6 is played in the Ubers format, only 4 ubers are being allowed. Landorus-I, Hoopa-Unbound, Deoxys Speed and Deoxys Defense are allowed to be used. Each Gen still follows that gens specific monotype banlist.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown, which is the Main server or Smogon Tours servers. Matches played on any other server will be void and must be redone on one of those 2 servers.
  • To encourage the development of the metagames, and so that everyone is on an even playing field, all matches must have replays recorded. If neither player posts or at least saves replays of the match, the game will be coin flipped regardless of whoever won.

General Tournament Rules / Guidelines:
  • Identity: I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.
  • Scouting: Next, I do not want to hear anything about counter teaming, at all. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any blatant scouting. There is a difference between "[user] is known for using Fire-type" and "let me follow [user] around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter. I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching. Everyone will have access to your replays from earlier rounds though.
  • Timer Clause: As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.
  • Disconnections: Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.

Tournament Resources:

Different Generation Monotype Clauses:
Gen 7:
Swagger Clause: Swagger is banned
Same Type Clause: Pokémon in a team must share a type
Sleep Clause Mod: Limit one foe put to sleep
Species Clause: Limit one of each Pokémon
OHKO Clause: OHKO moves are banned
Moody Clause: Moody is banned
Evasion Moves Clause: Evasion moves are banned
Endless Battle Clause: Forcing endless battles is banned
HP Percentage Mod: HP is shown in percentages

Gen 6:
Baton Pass Clause: Limit one Baton Passer, can't pass Speed and other stats simultaneously

Gen 5:
Evasion Abilities Clause: Evasion abilities are banned
Baton Pass Clause: Limit one Baton Passer, can't pass Speed and other stats simultaneously

Signups end on Sunday August 13 @ 5 pm EST

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)