Team Monotype Premier League III Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a "pep talk" for all you newcomers and first time premier league players(and other people..).

If you dont get drafted today, you are probably not skilled enough or not known enough as an individual in the community. I apologise for how harsh it sounds, i'm being realistic.
I'm asking you to keep going, keep getting better at playing this game, have more interest in discussion threads and the chat in the room, you will find out stuff you have never though of(trust me), wether they are viable or not.
Sometimes a meme set may be that tiny piece of creativity, which gave you the great idea you were missing to build something greater.

And to those that are good and are known, you're probably known as a troublemaker, grow the fuck up. we don't want to hate you, it's your behaviour that makes us have that feeling.

Do not beat yourself up, reflect upon your play and your doings in chat/on this forum, seek what is wrong if you want any part of this and future team tours or generally your place in the community, if you're just mediocre, thats ok, seek competitive help from the community,
They will direct you to the right people, not everything said in chat and/or by staff is correct, remember that.
Eventually you will get better and compete on a higher ground, just play the game, keep yourself off of wrong-doings regarding forum/room policies, and well moral stuff such as attacking an individual anywhere.

If it's trouble youre creating, stop it. you will not get anywhere, you will not be liked by anyone for making shitstorms, its really all looked at attention whoring.
As idiotic as it may sound to you, seeking for approval on a pokemon simulator from staff/veterans is not going to make you better, thats what every single one of you are doing in reality.
It does nor will help you, getting better is on you, if you spend all your time on getting noticed instead of prompting your play, what is there to notice? <-think of it this way.

Again i apologise if this all sounds attacking or if you're offended by this, but please look at the facts, this post is not meant to dismotivate you, its meant to wake you up.

Just remember, there is another MPL, and you have by this time next year to unfold. become mature and think more about what you are doing, toward other people, and during play.

And before you say "lol this guy is taking mons too seriously" , i really don't, i personally barely have time to even log on anymore given rl situation, i dont even know if ill make it to any match i'll have to play, if i get drafted at all,
To me, it would just suck if a community i've been a part of in forever would fall apart because a huge portion of it would quit or get frustrated and that sort of stuff,
Do what i do and ask yourself this: what is left of a metagame without its community? exactly, nothing.

Ball is on your side now, i'd like to think i've done my part.. Take it any way you want, just know this is for you not against you.
*Sighs loudly* yeah unfortunately ive played the meta for 4 years and still doesn't get picked for anything... and I was pretty good in ORAS days... (BW was more of my "Cheap" Days)
Haha... still cant even get picked for anything... and I joined the monotype team thing (with like 30 teams) and didn't get picked ._.

feen

control
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
*Sighs loudly* yeah unfortunately ive played the meta for 4 years and still doesn't get picked for anything... and I was pretty good in ORAS days... (BW was more of my "Cheap" Days)
Haha... still cant even get picked for anything... and I joined the monotype team thing (with like 30 teams) and didn't get picked ._.
maybe because 90% of the managers say literally who whenever ur names up

I wrote up a whole, Eien-length essay about how players shouldn't take being undrafted personally and that they should look at it as an impetus to improve and how there's always MPL next year, and then I remembered that I'm a virtual nobody with no tourney experience who was only drafted by some miracle of sheer, dumb luck and some manager's poor decision-making jk, and prompty deleted the whole post.

Jokes aside, just participate in forum tours and put yourself out there and people will notice

Last edited:
Get back up soldier
Dangit Private Pile!
I wrote up a whole, Eien-length essay about how players shouldn't take being undrafted personally and that they should look at it as an impetus to improve and how there's always MPL next year, and then I remembered that I'm a virtual nobody with no tourney experience who was only drafted by some miracle of sheer, dumb luck and some manager's poor decision-making jk, and prompty deleted the whole post.

Jokes aside, just participate in forum tours and put yourself out there and people will notice
Ahaha... yeah when I tried that my "analysis" on things are somewhat different.... (but yet everyone says "Rock slide Forre doesn't work... I proved THEM wrong :P)

But hey I suppose worse has happened to me in general... its just always a blow to ones ego you know?

Dude...at the end of the day it's just a game. If you had just left the situation where it was and tried figuring out what you could do better you could have made a name for yourself, but fishing for sympathy isn't going to reflect positively on you.
That's ok... I never really reflect positively on myself anyways that stopped about 10 years ago... At the end of the day is its just a game sure but I've given up on making a name for myself a long time ago..
and that's it... any other comments like this send to pms... I'll just watch MPL 3 as a spectator, gl,hf to all teams involved.

Monotype Premier League III SM and ORAS Power Rankings
(With help from Vid and 6ti)

SM

General Comment:
The SM slots this year are mostly stacked with amazing players. Because the quality of players is almost universally very high, builders were highly valued in the rankings. However, due to the metagame of SM Monotype being relatively standardized, they were not outright necessary for a powerful lineup to still rank highly.

1. Meteor Falls Miniors (Bax, Paleo, Eien)

At the risk of sounding biased, the Meteor Falls Miniors has the best SM lineup. Bax is a very solid player that has played his fair share of Monotype, so if he gets good teams passed to him, he should definitely compete very nicely with this year's SM pool. Paleo was one of the best ORAS players and his skill has translated very nicely into SM as well and is probably the most reliable player on the SM lineup. To back them up, the Miniors have one of the best builders in Eien, who can hold his own in the tight competition of SM Best of Three as well.

2. Hearthome Honchkrows (Wanka, Diakou (Barida), 1 True Lycan)

It's a bit surprising to see Wanka and Sabella switching formats, but that's not to say he can't play SM. All three players are excellent and have been playing consistently for years. 1 True Lycan in particular has been at the top of the metagame for all of SM. However, both Wanka and Barida have been a bit out of Monotype recently. They do have perhaps the best possible team to bring them back up to speed, though, and I expect them to have an extraordinary season.

3. Amber Aeros (Bushtush, Endal, -Tsunami-)

-Tsunami- is one of the best players to play SM Monotype and had an incredible showing in the Sun and Moon tour, and that's not even to mention his impeccable performance in his actual tiers. Similarly Bushtush is a long-time player that has very impressive records in both Monotype and in official tiers. While some of his ideas may be a bit strange, he's also a very creative builder and has the help of his managers, so if Bushtush puts in the effort, the Amber Aeros may be pulling out more than just rabbits out of the hat. Admittedly not as impressive as his teammates, if Endal can keep up with his opponents in the SM slots, this lineup should do very well.

4. Blackthorn Bucks (Temperarious (Dyla), 6ti, rnbs)

rnbs is a well-known name from his incredible success in ORAS, and he's made his mark as one of hte best players in SM as well. If he stays in the Best of Three slot, there's no doubt he'll be one of the best in the format with his amazing preparation and creativity. Dyla's been known for building some off-meta teams that don't pan out too well, but he's on a team with many other great SM players that can help refine them into great anti-meta teams. 6ti is a newcomer whose improvement over the past few months has been almost unbelievable. All he lacks is confidence, and if he can pick up a win or two early on, I think he'll have a phenomenal season. With a strong team environment and support for each other, these three should be able to have a respectable record.

5. Petalburg Porygons (Dominatio, terrors, Clearly)

While this lineup does feature two newcomers and Clearly hasn't been making too many waves recently, the Porygons shouldn't be underestimated. Clearly has been playing near the top of Monotype for years and their other teammates are also very familiar with SM and can help them out. Dominatio's best performance in the Monotype Seasonal Tournaments was during ORAS, so we'll have to see whether he can shake off his bad matchups in the winter and come back with a vengeance. terrors had an amazing showing in last year's Other Metagames Premier League. If he can replicate that success here, this lineup has some strong playoff contention. The only question is whether the Porygons will be mixing up the formats, as they have many players that can switch into the SM slots.

6. Mauville Memers (p2, Shadestep, Level 56)

Three amazing players start off in SM for the Memers. p2 and Shadestep have incredible records in the Sun and Moon tour and ULC, and Level 56 is one of the most versatile players and can play almost anything he puts his mind to. Unfortunately, they lack a critical element: a strong Monotype builder. We'll have to see how much p2 and Shadestep picked up, as they had TheThorn in the Sun and Moon tour and Eien in ULC to build and test with them. I look forward to the ideas that they make with Level 56, as even if they aren't top builders in Monotype, they are renowned in official tiers. If they can come into their own with strong preparation, this lineup is actually one of the best around.

7. Littleroot Lotads (Nightwingg95, Seager, TheThorn)

This lineup has arguably the best SM pickup around right now in TheThorn, who is not only one of the best players but also one of the best builders. However, Nightwingg95 and Seager may not be the best players to take advantage of TheThorn's dedication and preparation. That being said, they are still respectable players in their own right and will have the support of their teammates, many of which are also great SM players as well.

8. Bloom Doom Glooms (Anty, Acast, Dak Prescott)

Almost everyone has noticed that the SM lineup for the Glooms isn't quite there. They lack a builder and don't have any notable hard hitters to speak of. However, their players are still all quite good, so they may come out with a surprise. Both Dak Prescott and Acast have a lot of MPL experience, and they should be able to help Anty, who is a great player in PU, ease into the SM Monotype metagame.

ORAS

1. Amber Aeros (Lax, Arifeen)

The manager duo show up as the best ORAS lineup of the tournament. Both of them have amazing experience and performances in ORAS and are likely to continue their success here. Their building skill is renowned and are some of the best players around. Then, adding in their synergy and teamwork, these two are the team to beat this year in ORAS.

2. Hearthome Honchkrows (Sabella, Pak)

Sabella is one of the most consistent players around in Monotype. He's always been at the top and forging the metagame with his creativity. He's got a lot of experience in being a leader in MPL, so there's no doubt many will be keeping their eyes on him and his unpredictable builds. Luckily for the Honchkrows, they have both Wanka and Pak, meaning Pak's potential can really shine, as he had an amazing run in the Monotype Fall Seasonal with Wanka's support. With both Sabella and Wanka helping him prepare, Pak's likely to make a huge splash in the developed ORAS competition.

3. Blackthorn Bucks (Attribute, Wyn)

Wyn has always been one of the best players around, but he sometimes lets his motivation get the better of him. Nevertheless, his managers have a lot of confidence in him, and if he plays at 100%, he's going to be almost unstoppable. Attribute is also another top player from ORAS that made his mark with some very unique and successful Psychic teams last generation. Hoopa-U is still in the metagame, though, and we'll see how he does and whether he branches out successfully into other types.

4. Meteor Falls Miniors (Kiyo, Yaksok)

Kiyo has quite a bit of experience taking out top Monotype players and he's back to do it again this year. With the support of his team, of which is almost completely comprised of great ORAS players, he should be able to fully show off his battling skill again. While Yaksok doesn't play seriously very often, when he does, he is one of the best players. There's no doubt these two powerhouses will be picking up some upset wins with enough preparation.

5. Littleroot Lotads (ArkenCiel, obii)

ArkenCiel has many tournament showings and has been a top class player for a long time. The only question is whether he'll expand his pool of teams this year and actually prepare instead of use old teams. If he puts in the effort, he is on the same pedestal as the other greats of ORAS, so we'll see whether he turns it on. obii might not be very experienced in Monotype, but his SPL teammate TheThorn is with him and there's no doubt they'll be building and preparing together. With TheThorn's help, ArkenCiel and obii should have an amazing season.

6. Petalburg Porygons (Ridley, Hammy)

Ridley has never failed to show up with his A game when he needs to in MPL, and he's here again in ORAS to take the tournament by storm. His teammate Hmy is new to MPL and doesn't have a lot of tournament historical success outside of a good run back in the Spring Seasonal last year. However, with Ridley helping him and building together, he's got all the tools he needs to have a great first MPL season.

7. Mauville Memers (Entei, AV8)

Activity is a legitimate concern for this team what with Entei not having much time to play let alone build. However, Entei and AV8 are both respected players very familiar with MPL and ORAS that have been around for a long time. They may need help from their team to prepare, though. If they get that support and can work around Entei's unfortunate activity, the Memers shouldn't be worried about their ORAS performance.

8. Bloom Doom Glooms (Sae Sae, Shiba)

These two are familiar MPL names, but haven't touched ORAS yet in the tournament. However, that's not to say they're unimpressive, as they're both great players in their respective metagames. It'll be important to see how they adapt to the ORAS metagame and compete with the many titans that are also playing here.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)