Team Monotype Premier League III - Week 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omega-Xis

Mauville's Own
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Sub in my boy Shadestep Eien Dirpz Paleo @woa

Btw just thought I'd say that if it went by who had the most collective likes across posts as a team, you'd all be getting donked by us. We're the most popular team, don't get it twisted.

Memers you've been great. Can't help shit matchups and rng/hax (s/o w2 tie against glooms).

Also with regards to all the drama, it's a pokesim like why you tryna game something so hard lmoa and if that happened to you why get so triggered, if you're at the point where you're boiling with anger I think you need to question if the internet, much less Smogon/PS are the right places for you to be.

Wanka

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
UUPL Champion
Sub in my boy Shadestep Eien Dirpz Paleo @woa

Btw just thought I'd say that if it went by who had the most collective likes across posts as a team, you'd all be getting donked by us. We're the most popular team, don't get it twisted.

Memers you've been great. Can't help shit matchups and rng/hax (s/o w2 tie against glooms).

Also with regards to all the drama, it's a pokesim like why you tryna game something so hard lmoa and if that happened to you why get so triggered, if you're at the point where you're boiling with anger I think you need to question if the internet, much less Smogon/PS are the right places for you to be.

I love you but I don't fault some people for getting upset at the way things have / may pan out to end the regular season. I'm getting lowkey pissed just seeing all the bullshit. I don't understand how it's ok that there's going to be an inexcusable activity win for the miniors and 2 other dead games in that series. If the 2 bw games go unplanned and paleo gets an act win, they will have been handed a playoff spot for winning 2 games in a series. Hopefully that doesn't happen but there's a good chance it will and people have every right to be angry at that. People also have every right to be mad at a brainless idiot who thought it was a good idea to throw a game which turned out to be undeniably crucial in getting the bucks a playoff spot. Yes I'm talking to you Dominatio. Congrats, ur attempt to show up the person who u think sabotaged ur season ended up helping him potentially get into the playoffs you fucking autist. Not to mention the bucks are probs going to get an inexcusable activity win in bw due to another idiot. It's just mind bubbling how unfair this last week has been and even though it's only affected one team, the aeros have every right to be upset.
If we're to have been eliminated and the other series had panned out like a normal fucking series should pan out, then fine. But I don't see what's ok about a team being potentially spoonfed a playoff spot for winning 2 games and another team spoonfed a playoff spot because of a brainless idiot and an dumb activity win.

Tl;Dr shit mpl tbh la

Ridley

lofi hip hop radio - beats to relax/study to
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Ight so these are the possibilities for playoffs:

• Hearthome Honchkrows and Littleroot Lotads have reached playoffs with 9 points each. Hearthome Honchkrows are currently 1st, as they beat Littleroot Lotads head-to-head.
Amber Aeros, Blackthorn Bucks, and Meteor Falls Miniors are currently contesting for the 3rd and 4th spot:
  • Amber Aeros | 7 points | Won vs Blackthorn Bucks | Lost vs Meteor Falls Miniors | +6 Battle Difference
  • Blackthorn Bucks | 7 points | Lost vs Amber Aeros | Won vs Meteor Falls Miniors | +2 Battle Difference
  • Meteor Falls Miniors | 6 points | Won vs Amber Aeros | Lost vs Blackthorn Bucks | +0 Battle Difference
These are the different possibilities for playoffs:
  • If Amber Aeros and Blackthorn Bucks win their weeks, then they are in playoffs no matter what.
  • If Meteor Falls Miniors lose their week, then they are out of playoffs no matter what.
  • If Amber Aeros lose or tie, and Blackthorn Bucks and Meteor Falls Miniors both win their weeks, then Blackthorn Bucks and Meteor Falls Miniors go through, as Meteor Falls Miniors beat Amber Aeros head-to-head.
  • If Amber Aeros and Blackthorn Bucks both lose, and Meteor Falls Miniors win their week. Then Amber Aeros and Meteor Falls Miniors go through.
  • If Amber Aeros and Meteor Falls Miniors both win and Blackthorn Bucks tie. Then Amber Aeros and Blackthorn Bucks go through.
  • If Amber Aeros lose and Meteor Falls Miniors tie and Blackthorn Bucks tie or win, then Meteor Falls Miniors and Blackthorn Bucks go through.
  • If Amber Aeros and Blackthorn Bucks both tie and Meteor Falls Miniors win their week. Then it's a 3 way tie. In this case, the two teams with best Battle Difference go through, which are Amber Aeros and Blackthorn Bucks unless Meteor Falls Miniors win their week 7-1 or more. A 6-2 win would put them with the same Battle Difference as Blackthorn Bucks but since Blackthorn Bucks won head-to-head against Meteor Falls Miniors, the former will go through.
So basically, Meteor Falls Miniors must not lose to get in to playoffs and need Blackthorn Bucks or Amber Aeros to tie or lose.
Congrats to the 1 seed Hearthome Honchkrows, the 2 seed Littleroot Lotads, the 3 seed Amber Aeros, and the 4 seed Blackthorn Bucks on making playoffs!

Amber Aeros all the way!

TheAce22

Banned deucer.
Btw just thought I'd say that if it went by who had the most likes across posts as a team collective, you'd all be getting donked by us. We're the most popular team, don't get it twisted.

Glad we've fully acknowledged the point of this tournament.

Omega-Xis

Mauville's Own
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Btw just thought I'd say that if it went by who had the most likes across posts as a team collective, you'd all be getting donked by us. We're the most popular team, don't get it twisted.

Glad we've fully acknowledged the point of this tournament.
I mean maybe you'd get drafted if you didn't run things like CB Gunk Shot Hoopa-U on Psychic but no let's skew it into "lol I didn't get drafted MPL is a popularity contest!!!"

Looks like I need to talk to Susan again.

TheAce22

Banned deucer.
Dude I was joking I didn't get drafted bcuz people don't like me there are much less "popular" and worse people than me who got drafted but I don't give a shit its just an online pokemon tournament, just messin around bud

not sure what problem w/ gunk shot hoopa is but w/e ig

Sabella

formerly Booty
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion
Dude I was joking I didn't get drafted bcuz people don't like me there are much less "popular" and worse people than me who got drafted but I don't give a shit its just an online pokemon tournament, just messin around bud

not sure what problem w/ gunk shot hoopa is but w/e ig
Fwiw i was gonna get u but i was workin nd forgot my bad my guy. Keep pluggin. And ur right about the worse players part but alas.

Well, I lost my first and last games. Guess I'll do a quick shoutouts post since the Meteor Falls Miniors are out of the tournament.

First, thanks to my entire team for pushing on and never giving up. Bax Freeroamer Kiyo Confide Void pork chop man H.M.N.I.P I really hoped we could pull through in the end, but c'est la vie as they say. You all always trusted in the teams I made for you even when they didn't pan out, and as a builder, that meant a lot to me. We did our best and that's just how the cookie crumbles. Thanks for a great season everyone!

Gotta give the best two managers personal shoutouts:

Paleo This manager really helped prepare teams for every single slot every single week putting in the time and winning his own games. Couldn't ask for a better manager. Thanks for dropping so much money on me. I'm sorry I couldn't bring it home to pay you back. Nobody worked as hard as you and you deserve so much more respect for everything.

Yaksok I don't know how someone can lose every single week but still try their hardest and never give up. I don't care what your record says; you lost mainly to things out of your control and did your best. You're still one of the top players, and no one should think any less of you just because of this year. Keep your head up man. No one can win them all.

Second, huge thanks to everyone that played in the Bo3 slot for great games. I liked the idea of a Bo3 slot but wasn't sure going into this whether it would be a success. I had a lot of fun playing and I know for sure I wouldn't have been half as engaged if I only needed to prep one game a week. Perhaps others like enjoy it, but I loved playing and watching you guys play. There probably hasn't been nearly as competitive of a slot in MPL history; the competition was absolutely insane with some of the best Monotype players in Clearly, TheThorn, and 1 True Lycan along with amazing tours players in Level 56, -Tsunami-, and p2. Shoutouts to Acast, 6ti, and Sabella as well. I enjoyed our series a lot and hope you did too. I couldn't ask for a better set of rivals this year, although I sadly missed out on playing some of you.

Congratulations to the Aeros and Bucks for clinching the last two slots, it was a tight race to the end and I only wish it was more fair so that there could be no doubts from anyone. There's no blame to be given to anyone on our three teams, though, and I do honestly believe you both deserve it. Good luck to everyone in playoffs, I'm excited to see three great and very clean series. Don't let me down!

Ridley

lofi hip hop radio - beats to relax/study to
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
This was definitely the weirdest MPL I have ever played in, it feels weird not getting into the playoffs. But alas, we had a good run team. I definitely feel like things could have been drastically different if we maintained the team we drafted for the entirety of the season. I apologize to you guys for not working as hard as I should have prep wise after the bans happened, it took a big hit to my motivation, I hope y'all can forgive me. Without further ado...

Clearly You definitely carried our team brother. Only having two losses in the most competitive tier in MPL to two of the best battlers is nothing to scoff at! We were already good friends before, but we got a ton closer this MPL. Thank you so much for letting me pester you about what teams I should use and all the fun building sessions. You are clearly the GOAT.

terrors You had a ton of tough competition for your first MPL, so don't beat yourself up at all over your losses. Thank you for helping me prep at the beginning of the season and being a supportive teammate the whole way.

KevinELF You really impressed me with how much you grew as a battler and as a builder this tournament. Things started off a little shaky with you in monothreat as you had little experience with it prior to MPL, but you quickly adapted to it and really began to excel!

nomadderwhat It really sucks that you got banned because of that miscommunication with your smogon accounts and whatnot, but rules are rules ig. You played great in the games that you got, and you got some super clutch wins for us early on!

Dominatio I had no idea who you were going into the tournament, but you really impressed me with your quick 2-0 start. You are a really good battler, and it sucks that those throwing shenanigans got you tour banned. Worth?

Crestfall It sucks that you were so busy with school causing you to be so inactive, it would have been nice to have 8 players those last few weeks to give us a shot at playoffs lmao. But school is way more important than this children's game play. You were a bro at the beginning of the season, it was fun getting close with you!

jiggle We didn't talk very much, but I am so proud of you for pulling that win out this week! It was super clutch and it's awesome that you got a win under your belt!

Hammy We were the strongest ORAS core those first 4 weeks with a combined 6-2 record, we were killing it dog. Too bad we both lost motivation those last three weeks of the season with the bans of our teammates, but what can you do about it. You are a true homie, better keep our snap streak alive!

Misaka Mikoto We didn't talk hardly at all, but you need to improve your pep talks, they were cheesy af. Other than that you drafted a solid squad that had a ton of untapped potential, it was a fun season.

Balto You always have been and always will be one my good bros. It was super fun being on a team with you before you got banned, it would have been fun to see how well we would have done if we kept the whole team together. You win some you lose some ig. Love you buddy!

and last but not least...

Eien Thanks for putting up with this team's shit, I'm sure we were the bane of your season. I really appreciate all the work you put in and all of the stressed out moments you had trying to run this tour, I'm sure it is no easy task. Just know that all of the things I said were all meant as jokes, and I hope there is no bad blood between us.

international super spy pablo out

Freeroamer

The greatest story of them all.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
Yeah this was a very strange MPL, sucks to not get in as it felt like everything just went away from us in the last couple of days. Shoutouts to everyone on our team for being awesome, apart from Confide being aids but he can't help that lol.

Gl to all teams in playoffs, put the season so far behind you and let's see some good games :toast:

Hell of a season from the Bloom Doom Glooms. I apologize for not getting to know most of my teammates and my apparent lack of seriousness when it came to the actual battling. Thank yall for being patient w/ me especially the managers cause If it were up to me i wouldve been traded or benched after going 0-4. But here are the shoutouts...

Acast Thank you for taking a 19.5k gamble on me and letting me grace the best named team w/ my essence. Thank you for continuously trying to do what was best for the team whether it was prepping us and sacrificing yourself in the bo3 slot.

Bondie Thanks for another fun season and helping us prep along the way each week, keep your head up and shoutout to Kinky Kinglers.

Vid You were placed in a shitty situation but you still managed to put in effort each week, you have a hell of a lot more patience than I do for that.

DoW Bounce back, thanks for playing BW for us every week.

Tyke You did well this season even tho most of MPL was not sold on you and was shocked you were drafted. I don't think you silenced them but u definitely got their attention. Keep horsing for smogon and battling and you'll be solid.

Animus Majulous The few weeks you played you did ight and you supported the team throughout the year.

Anty This was your first mono experience and u did solid, damn proud to call u a teammate even tho we never talked.

Sae Sae Thanks for everything this season, the testing, the joking around, and being a good teammate. Even tho we finished dead last and were the laughing stock of MPL it was an honor and a privilege.

Moosical Change your fucking name I swear to god everytime i see the word Torkool

Shiba I fucks with Schoolboy Q so seeing the Blank Face cover every time i opened up Cord was kinda tuff. Good work this year in ORAS. Also that shit w/ Freeroamer.. idk how old u are and shit but cmon bro, we aint 7 act like a man its a god damn poke sim people gonna get under ur skin.

Dak Prescott You sir, are the god damn man... except that doesnt mean shit when it comes to battling pokemon. I highly doubt I will be around for next MPL so this final tour experience was a giant REALLY NIGGA but still, Bloom Doom Glooms until i die from AIDs in the next 10 years.

Eien and Dirpz Eien thanks for all this shit and stuff. I know u had to be the bad guy which kinda sucks but ur not Hitler cause atleast Hitler got laid LOL. In all seriousness if you dont take her ankles and throw them back like a collapsable chair somebody else will. Dirpz, thanks.

Finally shoutout to WoA n everyone who has made showdown a dope place for me the past 3 years.

Freeroamer

The greatest story of them all.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
By the way it's already been referred to but the bo3 tier has been excellent. I was really sceptical but having a tier in which virtually every team put their strongest player in every week and getting to see at least 2 good games has been great, props to whoever thought of the idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)