Monotype Teambuilding Competition V2 Cycle 16 - Infernape + Fletchinder [Voting Stage]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats to Dece1t for winning this cycle!
Dece1t: 7
terrors: 6
symphonii: 5
vlmufa: 1
drifting: 1

I forgot to do a poll this cycle, so i did /dice and used the alphabetical order thing the teambuilder has. Psychic won.
This cycle's pokemon will be...

Gothitelle, and...

Celebi!​
Building deadline: 10/1
Good luck, and happy building!

Dharma

komorebi
is a Top Artist

Gothitelle @ Leftovers
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunder Wave
- Psyshock
- Heal Bell
- Signal Beam

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 220 HP / 252 SpA / 36 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Synthesis

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 224 HP / 252 Spd / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Wish
- Iron Head
- U-turn

Slowbro @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off
- Fire Blast
- Scald

Mew @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Def
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Defog
- Knock Off

Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt

Gothitelle:

The first mon on the core, Gothitelle was an interesting mon to build around. I decided to stress upon all the things good about it. It has a fantastic ability in Shadow Tag, which traps opposing mons that aren't Shadow Tag as well. Being able to trap almost any mon it is up against, I decided to try to use it as a speed controller with Thunder Wave, making use of its good special bulk. Psyshock is STAB that prevents Gothitelle from becoming a sitting duck once taunted, while Signal Beam lets it hit Dark types.

Celebi:

Celebi is the second mon on the core, and I decided to use it as a set up sweeper since I was in dire need of one. Calm Mind increases Celebi's special attack and special defense by one stage, making it hard to take to take out once given a chance to set up. Synthesis gives Celebi a form of reliable recovery, increasing its longetivity in battle. Psychic and Giga Drain are STAB moves, with Giga Drain also being able to recover some of Celebi's health.

Jirachi:

Jirachi seemed like a good option alongside Celebi and Gothitelle. Thunder Wave is good for speed control, making use of its bulk to take a hit and paralyze a scarfer. Iron Head is its main STAB move, having a very high chance to immobilize the foe with ParaFlinches. Wish lets Jirachi heal half of its health a turn later, but is mainly used to keep Gothitelle's health at a good range, since Gothitelle lacks recovery options.

Slowbro:

Slowbro is a excellent physical wall to hve on Psychic, being able to switch into almost any unboosted neutral attack. Its ability Reenerator lets it regain a third of its health every time its switches out, making it a good defensive pivot. Thunder Wave is for speed control. Fire Blast lets it hit Steel types for super effective damage, while Scald has a chance to burn, crippling physical attackers. Colbur berry halves the damage taken from a Dark type attack, giving it achance to paralyze the likes of Hoopa U and Mega Sharpedo, making them much easier for the team to handle. Slask Off gives Slowbro a source of reliable recovery.

Mew:

Mew is a great option on any Psychic team, being able to perform a variety of roles. Since I had a hazard setter in Jirachi, I decided to use it as a burn spreader. Will-O-Wisp halves the Attack of a physical attacker, as well as dealing residual damage. Since I would be switching in and out with Wish, I decided to run Defog to get rid of annoying hazards. Roost gives it a form of reliable recovery. Knock Off is a good utility move that lets it remove items from its targets. Colbur Berry halves the damage taken from a Dark type attack, giving it the chance to burn foes such as Mega Sharpedo and Hoopa U.

Mega Medicham:

Since I had a lot of options for speed control and pivoting, I decided that I needed something for end-game cleaning. Mega Medicham seemed like a good choice, being arguably the best wallbreaker in the game. It is also able to hit Steel types for atleast neutral damage aside from Doublade, all the more reason to use it. Ice Punch lets it hit bulky Flyinf types like Zapdos, Gliscor and Landorus-t for super effective damage. Fake Out is a move that always hits first on the first turn, letting it KO a weakened foe, no matter how fast it is. Zen Headbutt is for STAB that also has a chance to flinch.

Last edited:

Gothitelle @ Choice Specs
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Trick
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Thunderbolt

Celebi @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Thunder Wave
- Recover
- Stealth Rock

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Blue Flare

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Mew @ Expert Belt
EVs: 52 HP / 252 SpA / 204 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Vacuum Wave
- Nasty Plot

So when I saw this core my mind went immediately back to the meta where pk kaiser used the infamous specs Gothitelle and I wanted to build around that. The idea is trap important mons like Skarmory, Heatran, Seismitoad, Sableye, Klefki and KO them or Trick them for one of your teammates to clean up.

Gothitelle: The specs set. Tbolt for skarm and friends, Energy Ball for Seismitoad/Gastro, HP Ground for Heatran and other steel types and Trick for annoying walls like chansey.

Celebi: Went for a simple rocker set to beat EQ spam with Thunder Wave support.

Victini: The standard Victini set. Can clear steel once you trap heatran and helps with the bug weakness. U-turn also helps for momentum into Gothitelle.

Starmie: Mandatory water type. Chose it over Slowbro since I already had a physical wall and having hazard control was nice. Can sweep ground after trapping Seismitoad/Hippowdon.

Jirachi: I felt like Jirachi has way too good synergy with Gothitelle to not use. Few things can check Iron Head spam and Goth can usually trap those.

Mew: My team gets absolutely destroyed by dark types such as Gyarados and Bisharp so I figured I had to use an offensive Mew to have a chance at winning. Nasty Plot Mew was added.

Last edited:

Seo.

Nice guys always finish last...
#RIPBanner2k16

Gothitelle @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Trick
- Energy Ball
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Celebi @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 220 HP / 252 SpA / 36 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Stealth Rock

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Hasty Nature
- V-create
- Blue Flare
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn

Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magician
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt

Ok this is short because doing it on phone. Gothitelle is the standard scarftrick set to break mons that rely on their item too much such as chansey and porygon2. The Celebi set is to counter Gyarados and Sharpedo as they are huge Threats to our team. Victini is basically a must on every psychic team thanks to its usefulness against bug and overall great revenge killing/late game sweeping. Latios is for hazards, and the HP Fire is for things like Ferrothorn who tank its stabs. Medicham is a tremendous wallbreaker and my wincon vs many types such as Normal and Ice. Lastly Hoopa-U is for opposing psychic teams and to tank ghost type attacks.

Last edited:

Attribute

HYPNOS | pulp
is a Top Tiering Contributor
Monotype Cup Winner

Looking at the core, I immediately wanted to use dual colbur berry. Colbur berry Gothitelle and colbur berry Celebi saves you from many of the threats psychic has, such as Sharpedo, Hoopa-Unbound, and Mega Gyarados. Gothitelle's EV spread is made to survive any variant of a Hoopa-Unbound's attack and punish it back with a thunder wave or a signal beam. Celebi is a physical tank due to the lack of physical walls the team had and also is my stealth rocker of choice. Next, Victini was added to the team as my main revenge killer and really is just necessary for a psychic team to have. Afterwards, I decided to put Mega Latias to help with the flying match up with its boltbeam set, and as a hazard remover which was necessary for the team to have. Then, stallbreaker Mew makes its appearance to the team to of course dismantle defensive cores with ease. Colbur Berry was the item of choice since Bisharp pressures the team a lot. Finally, Jirachi was added to the team to help with the fairy match up and to pass wishes to the team.

Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Defog
- Roost

Gothitelle (F) @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 152 Def / 108 SpD
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Signal Beam
- Energy Ball
- Mirror Coat

Mew @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 240 HP / 164 Def / 104 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Knock Off
- Taunt
- Roost

Celebi @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Giga Drain
- Earth Power
- Recover

Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 176 SpD / 80 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch
- Protect
- Wish

Victini @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 232 Atk / 24 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Bolt Strike
- Blue Flare
- V-create
- U-turn

Shoutouts to the person who made the Gothitelle set! You know who you are.

Celebi @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Energy Ball
- Earth Power
- Sucker Punch

Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Calm Mind
- Trick
- Rest

Latios-Mega @ Latiosite
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw / Outrage
- Zen Headbutt / Roost
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Hasty Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Blue Flare
- U-turn

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magician
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast

Slowbro @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Grass Knot
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off

This was another hard core, but I think what I came up with is pretty fun and works nicely. Here's what I was able to come up with:

Gothitelle I decided to run the TrickScarf set as a means to 90% gaurentee the trapping and breaking of at least 1 wall of my choice. The point of this set is to trap said chosen mon, trick a choice scarf onto it, set up Calm Mind in its face while its locked and can't switch, and hopefully take it out readily. Rest is to heal its health/recover it of status if it gets weakened while you're boosting.

Celebi took me a short while to come up with a good set, but I eventually settled on an Offensive SR set. Celebi has a really nice ability in threatening both Water and Ground, which can at times prove to be troublesome against Psychic teams at times, so having it as my lead allows it to immediately check stuff such as Hippowdon, Swampert, Seismitoad, ect. From there the moves are kind of self explanatory, however Sucker Punch is given for a form of priority to ease revenge killing.

Mega Latios may seem like an extremely silly choice, but I can assure you (6TI) it is actually good! The reason one would even bother considering it is because it's Psychic's only Dragon Dance user, and a surprisingly good one at that! A lot of people don't expect it to be physical, let alone Mega, so lots of people get caught off guard by its already surprisingly good base 130 Attack to start. The point of it is to boost and sweep late game, cleaning for the team once certain walls are out. Dragon Claw is used over Outrage so it isn't locked into it, and it can easily switch through moves without much trouble. Other options include giving it Roost over Zen headbutt, but, I gave it the extra STAB to be safe. The best recommendation I can give is to be sure Gothitelle and/or Hoopa-U take out any walls that would otherwise wall it early game, so using it to sweep will be a lot easier. Other than that, very fun to use and extremely out of the norm!

Victini is the team's secondary sweeper and check to Bug teams. It's no wonder why it is the best Scarfer to have on Psychic, it has an extremely powerful movepool, and very handy coverage, especially when it comes to check Mega Gyarados and Flying teams in general. Blue Flare is given so that it can sweep Bug and Steel without having to deal with V-Create's speed penalty.

Hoopa is one of the best wallbreakers in the entire game right now, so it was a no brainer to use him, especially to support mega Latios late game! It has the ability to 2KO almost everything in the metagame, making it a giant force to be reckoned with. Movepool again is more or less self explanatory, however its good to note Psyshock is used to hit the Physical Defense stat making it have a whole new range of wallbreaking.

Slowbro was the last Pokemon I decided on because I realized I was lacking a proficient Mega Sharpedo check (and boosted Mega Gyara), and I needed a general switchin to a range of different attacks, so he was my answer. Scald is a decent STAB that's great for spreading burns, Grass Knot is to 2KO both Mega Sharpedo and Gyarados, and Thunder Wave is to be able to paralyze them and other fast threats in general. Colbur Berry is given to halve the effectiveness or Dark moves once.

It said the no banners thing wasn't in effect until next cycle

Last edited:
Ah this core. I played with this way too much while Hoopa-U was banned for the suspect. It really is just too fun having so much freedom to use Pokemon when broken elements aren't around.

First off you have never seen a Celebi like mine. We're all about that c-teaming Dark Pokemon. Bisharp is an easy OHKO after one tick of Life Orb damage. Mega Gyarados's Substitute is broken by U-turn. Colbur Berry guarantees the Reflect coming up.

Mega Latias is where we stop all of them though. With Reflect up, Mega Latias switches directly into any Dark-type and pulls off a Reflect Type. Bolt Beam coverage is annoying af. You know how it works.

With Colbur Berry Celebi + Reflect Type Mega Latias, there just isn't a need for me to be running utility Slowbro. Instead, I use that Calm Mind Slowbro that sweeps way more teams than it really should. People never see this coming.

I still need Stealth Rock though, and I need Defog, and well yeah. Mew's just all the random utility I still don't have all in one slot. This Pokemon really has waaay too big of a movepool but w/e lol. I take what I can get.

Victini is basically mandatory. I don't gotta explain why every Psychic team runs this little buster do I?

Gothitelle, the other half of this core, is really what keeps this team together. It lets me brick some walls with Choice Specs. It traps and takes out Heatran. So many miscellaneous duties are handled by Gothitelle. Thankfully like nobody uses this little monster.

Slowbro @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off

EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Trick

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Naive Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Blue Flare

Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
EVs: 248 HP / 132 Def / 128 Spe
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Reflect Type
- Roost
- Thunderbolt

Mew @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 156 SpD / 104 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Defog

Celebi @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 36 SpA / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Reflect
- U-turn
- Recover

s/os to Attribute for saving me the time to paste sprites lol. 5/6 mons already there.

EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Psyshock
- Trick
- Thunderbolt / Energy Ball

Celebi @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Giga Drain
- Recover
- Heal Bell

Mew @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 156 SpD / 104 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Knock Off
- Roost

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Hasty Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Blue Flare

Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 136 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Starmie @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Reflect Type
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

ok this was a pretty decent core to build around. first thing that came to mind when i saw these two pokemon was a bulky team with
to trap pokemon like chansey and heatran. its ev spread is just modest to maximize its damage output with speed to creep neutral base 55's like crawdaunt. it's a toss up between tbolt and eball for the last slot. eball helps with bulky water/grounds but tbolt has good coverage in general.
i decided to run colbur celebi just to check mega sharpedo and gyarados once theyve set up. i chose defensive over specially defensive since its a nice switch-in to earthquake spam. heal bell was just a filler move but fits quite well on a bulky team like this. next, i decided to toss in a stallbreaker
. im running a fast spread that outspeeds jolly gyarados. mew can pick apart stall teams and walls that this team has trouble with, and is just generally great.
victini was a great choice for the next slot. the speed control it provides and its ability to dismantle bug teams was invaluable.
latias was my mega of choice. it has great coverage in boltbeam, allowing it to hit almost the entire meta for neutral damage. i opted for calm mind over defog just so that it can act as a wincon. its speed creeped to outspeed kyurem-b and rest dumped in bulk.
with no hazard control to get rocks and webs off the field, starmie was perfect for the last slot. reflect type also allows it to act as a great check to bisharp. natural cure makes it a great status absorber, and its my secondary heatran check.

this team ended up being solid overall. s/os to Attribute for helping me figure out a few sets/moves and Clearly because i built this with him

e: http://fulllifegamer.bplaced.net/format.php for sprites with the bb codes no need to copy and paste each sprite :D

Last edited:

akaFila

butterscotch love

Celebi @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Dazzling Gleam
- Earth Power
- U-turn

Gallade @ Galladite
Ability: Justified
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 200 SpD
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Shadow Sneak
- Will-O-Wisp

Slowbro @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wonder Room
- Scald
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off

Deoxys-Defense @ Red Card
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Seismic Toss
- Wonder Room

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Gothitelle @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Def / 60 SpD
Calm Nature
- Energy Ball
- Psychic
- Signal Beam
- Mirror Coat

This is simply a variant of the Wonder Room team I've done in the past, but working in the given core this time around. Whole idea is simply to abuse the swapping of stats to set pivots and push momentum from a generally defensive front.

~ Celebi The Muscle ~
Originally I ran Mew in this slot with an EBelt for an offensive presence, so I felt Celebi could easily come in and take over that role. Life Orb chosen over EBelt for that extra juice. Serving as an offensive toolbox, I decided on running Giga Drain(Stab&Recovery), Dazzling Gleam(Coverage), Earth Power(Coverage), and U-Turn(Momentum).

~ Mega Gallade The Tank ~
I love this set so much. With a natural SpDef of 115 and Def of 95, Megallade can play itself into a Wonder Room + Bulk Up combo rather nicely. Will-o-Wisp is rather gimmicky, but it is an amazing option in that 4th slot. This allows Gallade to dump EVs into HP and SpDef without having to worry on the Def side of things quite as much while also eliminating physical threats for the rest of the team.

~ Slowbro The Wonder Wall ~
Much needed physical, but also serves the purpose of main Wonder Room setter. Assuming Deoxys is down and out early, Slowbro is the only remaining source of setting the Room for the rest of the team. Set is just general. Without Colbur support anywhere else on the team, Bro had to hold on to one.

~ Deoxys-D The Wonder Lead ~
Deoxys-D comes in and executes its role as a lead rather nicely. With access to Stealth Rock and Spikes, most often than not I'm getting hazards set. With the ludicrous stats Deo has, it can sponge hits and set the field for the remainder of the team. Another lovely niche additional with Deo is access to Wonder Room. Generally going to be looking at a layer or two of hazards along with the first wave of Wonder Room each game from Deo.

~ Latios The Muscle Pt. 2 ~
Without setting up(Gallade) or relying on special beatsticks(Gothitelle), the team's only form of offensive pressure comes from Celebi. That just isn't ideal, so Latios works itself in nicely in that sense. Webs and Toxic Spikes can cripple this team rather badly, so having a Defog option in Latios only enhances its value. For the set itself, both Scarf and Life Orb can find their uses. Your only form of speed comes from a base 100 and 110, which isn't bad but you lose to opposing an opposing scarf barring Slowbro Twaves. Scarf Latios fixes this issue while still letting you get Defog off if in dire need. On the other hand, LO gives Lati that extra punch which may be the difference in certain situations. Both items are situation depending on the match-up, but for now I have Scarf > Orb.

~ Gothitelle The Trapper ~
Gothitelle comes in as an immediate replacement for AV HoopaU. While not quite as bulky specially, Gothitelle brings the bonuses of decent def and the ability to trap targets. Sticking with the theme of abusing Wonder Room, AV just felt like the best route despite lack of recovery options. For the moveslots, I decided on
Eball / Psychic / Signal Beam / Mirror Shot
General coverage with the first few slots, but the final choice of Mirror Shot is where Gothitelle shines most imo. Given her natural bulk and the additional boost from the AV, Goth can sponge up special beat sticks decently well and KO in return.
-252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 60+ SpD Assault Vest Gothitelle in Sun: 168-198 (48.9 - 57.7%) -- 95.7% chance to 2HKO
-252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 60+ SpD Assault Vest Gothitelle: 142-168 (41.3 - 48.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
-252 SpA Life Orb Latios Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 60+ SpD Assault Vest Gothitelle: 146-173 (42.5 - 50.4%) -- 1.6% chance to 2HKO
-252 SpA Chandelure Shadow Ball vs. 248 HP / 60+ SpD Assault Vest Gothitelle: 152-180 (44.3 - 52.4%) -- 15.6% chance to 2HKO

Shout out to mah boi Escoffier for that lovely dankness and taking the hipster route.

Edits: DeoD & Latios added in.

Last edited:

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader

Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Trick
- Calm Mind
- Psychic

Celebi @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 220 SpD / 36 Spe
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Heal Bell

Slowbro @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off
- Scald
- Flamethrower

Gardevoir-Mega @ Gardevoirite
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Victini @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 224 Atk / 32 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Blue Flare

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Energy Ball

For Gothitelle I decided to run Trick with the Choice Scarf as it leaves bulkier more Stall type pokemon such as Chansey trapped locked into 1 move allowing Gothitelle to setup. Another reason this set is so great is because after Gothitelle has setup its Calm Minds it can trick the Pokemon holding the choice scarf and almost easily sweep from there. The moves Psychic were chosen to act as a powerful stab move setup scarf Gothitelle could abuse to sweep through the opposing team the opposing teams once all Dark Types have been eliminated. Hidden Power [Fighting] allows Gothitelle to more easily sweep Dark teams with a superffective attack vs the type but also also's Gothitelle to take on Heatran and other Bulky Steel types just that much easier.

I decided to make Celebi my entry hazard setter has it has access to great lead pokemon moves such as Thunder Wave and Stealth Rock but also an ability to help support the team by providing the rare heal bell to Psychic type teams and have access to Colbur Berry Grass Stab and coupled with thunder wave making it much harder for pokemon such as Sharpedo-Mega and Gyarados-Mega through the Psychic type team. This pokemon overall can help the team stay healthy from status during the match, tank any one dark type attack and spread paralysis (yellow magic) through the opponents team.

With the addition of Colbur Berry Celebi Slowbro is allowed to run an underaapreciated Calm Mind set that can give many teams trouble finding including Steel which can give Balanced Psychic type teams some difficulty. This set allows Slowbro to switch into Keldeo with rocks up on a Specs Hydro Pump and avoid being 2 hit koed while maximizing its Physical Bulk. Scald can spread burns like there is no tomorrow because we all know 30%=100% and can help Slowbro continue to wall Physical attaclers with great ease. While flamethrower is to give pokemon such as Scizor-Mega difficulty getting past slowbro and sweeping the team after Victini is gone and also can give trouble to Ice, Steel and Grass monotypes and overall improving Slowbros coverage.

This set allows Gardevoir-Mega to move relatively faster than most of the entire meta and can help Psychic stall break bulkier teams with access to taunt. Gardevoirs typing also allows it to switch into
any Dragon type attack and fire off a powerful move without any drawbacks. Hyper Voice is to mainly hit Dragon and Dark Monotypes which can be troublesome for Psychic if they arent properly equipped to handle the type and to take advantage of Gardevoirs amazing offensive ability of Pixilate. Psyshock is to hit Poison types which can easily wall Gardevoir-Mega's attacks and can help support the Psychic monotype a relatively main stabless type.

Ah, Choice Scarfed Victini. This Pokemon almost needs no explanation. V-Create is to help Victini take on most of the metagame that doesnt resist its insane power and Blue Flare is to help Victini stay consistent verse the opposing and usually troubling Bug Monotypes. Bolt Strike is to hit Bulk water and flying types with relative power and to clutchly score a paralysis. Finally U-turn is there to gain momentum and to help Psychic teams overall keep the momentum on their side of the field. The one different part about this Victini is that it runs 32 SpA which most usually run 4 SpA and max Attack but 32 attack allows Victini to one shot regular Heracross with Blue Flare rather than leave it up to a roll.

Latios is the teams form of hazard removal with access to levitate it can easily clear away Hazards includong Sticky Webs due to its immunity and great Speed Tier only fearing Scarfed Heracross. This Pokemon while also being a great defog supporter can take many Pokemon out with its insanely strong Life Orb Boosted STAB Draco Meteor which just claims to many lives. Psyshock is also another Psychic stab move rarely seen on the Psychic Monotype which can help sweep through Fighting and Poispn monotypes as well as those on other Types such as Nidoking on Ground or Breloom on Ice. Then finally energy ball is to take out annoying Water/Ground type pokemon such as lead swampert, gastrodon and seismitoad.

I know I'm using Gen 5 sprites in Gen 6 but Gen 6 sprites are so incredibly dull!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)