Monster Hunter General Discussion

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
K... I tried the new attacks in multi-player mode with my boyfriend.
But we failed 3 times!!
The Hororohoruru seems to have infinity HP in multi-player mode... we can't take it down at all. My boyfriend actually did great in single-player mode.
I suppose it's the amount of HP of the monster is changed.
In 4 Ultimate, it's about 1.5 x HP of single-player mode.
But in X, I guess it's more than x2.

DragonWhale

It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I didn't know that nerd. So basically you need to use your weapon perks alongside the style perks huh. I was only able to use spirit attacks after using the spirit unleash special attack with Aerial, so I thought that was the sequence I had to use in order to get the boosts. I guess the system is more interesting than I thought it would be.

Cresselia~~ that bird has a long pre-attack motion for many attacks, so you'll get the hang of it soon enough. It's also somewhat incapable of attacking behind it, except for the spin move on the ground or the u-turn in the air, but they both have very obvious pre-attack animations so it's pretty easy to dodge.

My FC is 4828-4235-2340 for anyone interested.

Cresselia~~

It took my boyfriend and I 23 minutes to take down the "easy" one in multi-player mode :(
Both of us used the weapon we are most familiar with.
We earlier tried other weapons, and we failed... twice!

brightobject

there like moonlight
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Honestly I've never played any game in the series before (movement is just too slow for me to be as fan) but I love the monster designs so fucking much, they're so varied and so colorful and just all-around great

I mean, monkeys, quetzalcoatl, octopus islands, frogs, just wow

That's all I have to say though I guess

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I probably won't have mine until ~24 hours from now, but I'll be up to play after that. What's your FC Cresselia~~? I added you as well DragonWhale (though it may not register until tonight because I can't connect my 3DS to Wi-Fi atm.

DragonWhale

is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'll add you tomorrow when I wake up. It releases at midnight so I probably won't be playing right when it comes out lol.

e: added

Last edited:

DragonWhale

I'm still in the middle of the early game missions, but hmu if either of you want to hunt later when I have decent equipment and the fun missions come up.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I finished the offline mode yesterday or the day before. The four flagships are pretty cool. I've been using Aerial Hammer exclusively and I have no complaints — it's really fun. While playing the offline mode, I made a few full sets (Maccau, Tetsu, Hororo, Raizex, Dinovaldo) and I made/upgraded four hammers (Gamuto, Raizex, Tamamitsune, & Dinovaldo). After the story, I unlocked 6* and made the Seregios hammer. I wanted to have a good elemental spread to choose from, even if element doesn't matter much on hammer.

It was only after I did all this that I started the online portion of the game. A few minutes ago I completed the low rank online stuff and repelled Ostgaloa. I still don't really understand his fight though...

Fun game so far! Can't wait till I get to the huge monsters and the variants.

Cresselia~~

I find Ostgaloa a very interesting and innovative idea.
It was scary at first, but it was ok after we figured out how to beat him. Not hard at all.

I did a lot of stupid quests in HR 3 because I didn't know which ones are key quests. Wasted a lot of time in unnecessary quests.

Cresselia~~

Oh, alright... please specify which version you are talking about. Right now we are talking about X.
Kechawacha was easy in 4U, but not so in X.

Cresselia~~

I'm finally HR 35 in MHX.
Something is wrong with my Wi-Fi, so I had to use Local with only my boyfriend.
It took us 42 minutes to beat that emergency quest.
We both died once. Those beams at the end was really scary, because it directly kills you even when full HP. (Even when I have 439 defense points)

I'm finally HR 35 in MHX.
Something is wrong with my Wi-Fi, so I had to use Local with only my boyfriend.
It took us 42 minutes to beat that emergency quest.
We both died once. Those beams at the end was really scary, because it directly kills you even when full HP. (Even when I have 439 defense points)
Holy Moly, that's OP.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
I'm currently HR108. I've farmed three complete HC monster sets (Black Flame King Rathalos, Ember Dinovaldo, and Treasure-clad Uragaan) as well as multiple HC weapons. I just spent the last three days completing every offline quest:

This unlocked a few 6* quests that are supposed to be the "final test" quests. Both contain five monsters:
(Quest 1) Rathalos / Yian Garuga / Tigrex / Nargacuga / Zinogre
(Quest 2) Blagonga / Lagiacrus / Brachydios / Gore Magala / Seregios

I also unlocked the quests that grant you the super nice helmets after you complete them. I'm gonna try to beat the Yukumo quest (Deviljho + Nargacuga + Tigrex in the Arena) tomorrow so I can get that Expert +15 helm.

In total, there were about 200 offline quests... which is a lot more than I was expecting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)