Most nerdy things you have done?

Played 1250 hours of pokemon emerald, played 200+ hours of most pokemon games and beat saphire in 2 days, 5-10 times in a row

McGrrr

Facetious
is a Contributor Alumnus
Created a complex spreadsheet to strategically plan my fantasy Premier League team + transfer usage throughout the season to ensure the most efficient use of top team players against shitty teams. First prize is only £100, but it's bragging rights at work dammit.

I won the World Cup fantasy league for £90 with something similar, but less complex (finished top 0.1% overall in the McDonald's world league).

Sometimes, I watch chess videos on YouTube.

Actually, this is the nerdiest thing that I've ever done.

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I built a Lego Star Destroyer all by myself. Then the maid accidentally broke it. After that, I would always try to force choke her whenever she was looking the other way.

I have mixed up around 1800 lego pieces from 5 sets and rebuild the sets from memory. I know way too much Star Wars trivia and have read some of the books in the New Republic era. I have also tried to dress up like Goku (the hair was a fail and the clothing wasn't quite right) for the heroes day at the kids sports camp I help out at.

One of the more nerdy things I've done is how into Lord of the Rings stuff I have gotten recently. I'm learning both the written Tengwar language (what you see inscribed on the One Ring), which is going very well, as well as the spoken Sindarin language of the elves (or the one you hear spoken in the movies (yes that's actual Tolkien Elvish they spoke for the most part)). Maybe I'll meet someone somewhere who knows it too, but I'm loving learning how to write it and it's far more cool looking than my normal handwriting.

i currently spend most of my money and mental energy on magic the gathering.

i pre-purchased a limited edition ccs doll (still waiting shipping).

i got all final characters in the original grandia to 99 water in magic levels 1, 2 and 3 when it is only necessary to do it for one character and for one magic level (the spell sucks too).

i think building and organizing spreadsheets is fun and have lost the mesure of time more than once doing it.

edit: since i found out about EVs, i tenaciously avoid giving "useless evs" to pokemon in my party (like killing wild machop with abra). thankfully, xy has made this easier.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Oh, I just realized I never mentioned that I started collecting vinyl last year and have now sunk probably close to $2,000 into my record collection. Nerdy, or just plain foolhardy?

Oh, I just realized I never mentioned that I started collecting vinyl last year and have now sunk probably close to $2,000 into my record collection. Nerdy, or just plain foolhardy?
you mean hipster

I've spent countless hours thinking up new pokemon games while I was bored in class. All the way down to what pokemon were on each route and the move sets of 100s of trainers in each game. I even thought up about 50 new pokemon evolution chains and their base stats every time. Those games were awesome.Too bad those games will never be real.....

I have a flygon wallet since i was 12. (im 20 now lol). And play minecraft so much ive got in on my phone now.

CANT WAIT FOR NYC COMIC CON

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Oh, how could I forget this in my last post?

I made a structural load analysis of Scrooge McDuck's money bin, made a somewhat detailed floor plan based on Don Rosa's original drawings (they needed some redrawing, since the structural columns didn't line up between floors), and am working on a detailed AutoCad/Revit set of actual engineering blueprints, just for the fun of it.

For the record, the total weight of the coins in the main vault is close to a quarter of a million tons. Depending on the currency you put in it, you'd require as little as 470 million dollars to fill it to the 100-feet mark.

This is really embarassing but i once looked up an online dothraki dictionary and tried to learn off words to impress no one

I went and took my calculus final even though I was exempt from it, I was bored and had nothing else better to do.

I've highly considered that if I ever have kids, that I would give one of them "Absol" as a middle name.

I went to a party with some friends this Saturday because I needed to defeat a certain Super Smash Bros Melee player who was there so I could earn points for my region's league tournament. We were the only ones there who were sober and we left after we beat him :)

Last edited:
Spent 2 hours explaining Diablo 3 to someone in public, including descriptions of every enemy, and word for word conversations from the game. There was no point in him buying the game once I finished.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I guess the most nerdy thing I've done is having a pixilated mega man keychain on my backpack that I go to school in everyday.. funny fact is that i's been there for a while (like over a year now) and I completely forgot about it until like very recently lol.

Listened to 8 hours of hardcore history in France while on the trip to visit Versailles and other historic places.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)