SM OU My Mega Mawile Team

Which pm in this team should be replaced?

• Mega Mawile

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Heatran

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Tapu Koko

• Tangrowth

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Latios

• Landrous-T

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
introduction:
Hey gays! I’m Dark. I started to get into competitive battling since XY. I'm so lucky that i could find such a good place !
I used to not enjoy SM very much. But I recently returned again.

Mega Mawile was one of my favorite Pokémon, after I found out her was in OU, I decided to make a team around her, so this is a team i put together recently.
let's take a look at the team.

Team:

Mawile-Mega (F) @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 104 HP / 240 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Swords Dance

In this team, Mega Mawile is a huge focus. Play Rought is very powerful. Sucker Punch is an important move for her, which used to help out with its slow speed, it can kill high speed pm first. Thunder Punch is for Skarmory, Toxapex and Celesteela. Swords dance can boost Mawile's attack , letting her roll through bulky wall.
Max ATK Evs and a Adamant nature let her to make great damage, and 164 SPE Evs allows Mawile to outspeed 0 speed Tapu Bulu, and the rest was put into HP. e.....n, I have no idea about whether i should change the ability.

Tapu Koko @ Fairium Z
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn
- Dazzling Gleam
- Taunt

I wanted something that against for Greninja and Tapu Fini, so I chose Tapu Koko. U-turn allows getting switch advantage against ground types(such as Dugtrio). It can make Koko switch more freely than Volt Switch, and allows teammate to come in.Thunderbolt and Dazzling Gleam are STABs.Taunt is there to prevent the opposite from using Stealth Rock, it often works.I chose Fairy Z to beat the like of Landrous-T and Full-HP Zygarde.
btw, its ability also boosts Mawile's Thunder Punch's power, it's cool.

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Defog
- Surf

Scarf Latios is pretty good. I play Surf on him in order to counter Heatran, Defog is to clean hazard control onto the team. Psychic and Draco are stabs.
I chose Psychic instead of Psyshock just for greater damage(since psyshock also do little damage to Chansey).
What'more, Scarf Latios can outspeed Swampert-Mega in rain, which is a very important point.

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 104 HP / 152 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Taunt

I added Heatran because it suits this team well. Max Spe make it can kill other Heatran firstly with Earth Power, and use Taunt first. It is used as a strong attack for those such as Tapu Bulu, Mega Vanusaur, Celesteela, Ferrothorn and Scizor that wall the Mawile. Magma Storm is STAB, it can do great damage. Much more important, It can catch pm like Mew, though it sometimes miss. With Earth Power it can kill Toxapex and other Heatran. I play Sub on Heatran because I think sometimes it can protect it from being killed by Dugtrio.Taunt is against for the stall. But I don't konw weather I should change the HP and Spa Evs.

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 212 Def / 32 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Landorus - T provides a great phy defensive backbone for this team. U-Turn is used to gain moments to bring in teammate. Earthquake is a STAB. Stealth Rock is the team's designated hazards. Toxic is chosen to help me against Lando-T and Zygarde, sometimes for the stall.(That's why I use toxic instead of HP Ice)
Max HP and 212 Def give Landorus a good defensive spread. 16 Spe let it to outspeed some lower speed Heatran and Landorus-T.

Tangrowth (F) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Last but not the least, AV Tangrowth palys an very important role in this team.Which Walls Koko, Magearna, rain teams, it also helps me to beat non Specs Lele and knocks off items to help teammates.
HP Ice hits Lando-T and Zygarde, and EQ for Heatran and Magearna. But maybe Rock Slide or Sludge Bomb suits better.

Threats:

Quiver Dance Volcarona is very dangerous, it can always do great damage to this team.With HP ground, it can beat Heatran, with Bug Buzz, it can kill Latios.It's really a big threat .

Shift Gear Mag is difficult to beat.Only Tangrowth is not enough, EQ do little damage to Mag, and i don't konw whether Mag has CM. I have to keep my Tangrowth and Heatran healthy to against for it, you konw it's not easy at all.

Hazards
Since I use Scarf Latios, it not easy to clean Hazards. I have few chance to clean.

Trick Room Team
pm like Mega Camerupt can beat this team easily in trick room.

and many other threats that i don't know...

With this team, I’m 1700+ now. However, although I have tried many times ,i can never reach 1800. so I'm looking forward to getting some advice! I really want to improve my team.(>ω<)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)