SM OU Naganadel Getting Banned

Is naganadel going to ubers?

• Yes

Votes: 40 42.6%
  • It better

Votes: 12 12.8%
  • Easily

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • No (I don't know what I'm talking about)

Votes: 36 38.3%

• Total voters
So USUM just released, giving us a better chandelure, the strongest gyro ball in the game, and some dragon poison type that's going straight to ubers. So, I thought might as well abuse it while I can. I quick whipped up this team after messing around with Naganadel for a while.

Naganadel @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Fire Blast

The monster itself. If you don't have heatran, tyranitar, or chansey, this thing almost automatically wins if the game is played right. I think this is the set everyone is using, but I'll explain it anyway. Dual STABS are for the most coverage, plus blast for steels that aren't heatran or empoleon. Nasty plot if for sweep in conjuction with a timid nature to get speed boosts on kills, outspeeding every relevant scarfer but greninja and koko (if scarf koko is still a thing). The rest of the team is built around getting this thing a sweep.

Tyranitar @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Ice Beam

Straight back from XY, bulky tar is back. In addition to being a check to naganadel and blacephalon, this ttar set is meant to lure lando T and zygarde, both of which my team really loses to. Ice beam has about a 50% chance to kill lando even when uninvested; and 100% after rocks or prior damage. Rocks for, well rocks. Pursuit is for psychics and edge is for stab and so I don't lose to stuff like gyra or zapdos. Defense ensures I'm almost never killed by two univested lando eqs, rest is dumped into spdef.

Celesteela @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam
- Seed Bomb
- Flame Charge/Fire Blast

I am in love with this lure set. This destroys naganadel, non specs mind blown blacephalon, heatran, any fairy, magnezone, greninja, azu, swamperr, ferro, scizor, magearna...the list goes on. The element of surprise is essential for this set to work, and all of the moves are just to get the most coverage. You can run either fire move, depending on if you want adamant with a weaker move that can potentially sweep or a lower accuracy move that hits ferro better for more power.

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Haze
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes

This thing still walls absolutely everything. Standard smogon set. Haze so I don't lose to setup like naganadel, gyra, victini, etc. Scald as attacking. Toxic spikes over toxic because the pressure to defog can give me opportunities to set up and sweep with my own naganadel.

Scorpius (Gliscor) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost/Knock off
- Earthquake
- U-turn

I wanted to try out this thing ever since it could run poison heal and defog, and it's pretty good. EQ is for STAB and U-turn is for momentum. I like roost more than knock because reliable recovery is needed to wall certain threats, but if mons like chansey are a threat, knock off makes it easier for other members of the team to sweep. Speed is to outspeed everything up to max speed jolly ttar.

XXX (Charizard-Mega-X) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

This is the member of the team I am most conflicted about. I mostly just slapped on a mega that can beat ice beam wow mew, but it has done pretty good at wallbreaking. Standard set. EQ is there over roost because I need something else that can hit heatran to clear the way for naganadel. Flare blitz over fire punch to hit landorus that switch in harder and have a better chance to 2HKO depending on prior damage.

It's pretty easy to see that this team get's destroyed by ground types. I can play around landorus due to no one running a combination of smack/gravity, eq, HP ice, and a Z move. However, zygarde absolutely destroys me if ttar is weakened. My first decision would be to change zard x to a mega that can beat it or change gliscor to a different defogger that can beat it. I'm open for suggestions; I made this team in like 10 minutes so any criticism is appreciated. Thanks!

IMPORTABLE
Ban me pls (Naganadel) @ Dragonium Z
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Fire Blast

Some Music Meme (Tyranitar) @ Shuca Berry
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Ice Beam

THICC BOI (Celesteela) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
Brave Nature
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam
- Seed Bomb
- Fire Blast

Fat (Toxapex) @ Black Sludge
Calm Nature
- Haze
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes

Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

Last edited:
Reactions: Edu
So USUM just released, giving us a better chandelure, the strongest gyro ball in the game, and some dragon poison type that's going straight to ubers. So, I thought might as well abuse it while I can. I quick whipped up this team after messing around with Naganadel for a while.

Naganadel @ Dragonium Z
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Fire Blast

The monster itself. If you don't have heatran, tyranitar, or chansey, this thing almost automatically wins if the game is played right. I think this is the set everyone is using, but I'll explain it anyway. Dual STABS are for the most coverage, plus blast for steels that aren't heatran or empoleon. Nasty plot if for sweep in conjuction with a timid nature to get speed boosts on kills, outspeeding every relevant scarfer but greninja and koko (if scarf koko is still a thing). The rest of the team is built around getting this thing a sweep.

Tyranitar @ Shuca Berry
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Ice Beam

Straight back from XY, bulky tar is back. In addition to being a check to naganadel and blacephalon, this ttar set is meant to lure lando T and zygarde, both of which my team really loses to. Ice beam has about a 50% chance to kill lando even when uninvested; and 100% after rocks or prior damage. Rocks for, well rocks. Pursuit is for psychics and edge is for stab and so I don't lose to stuff like gyra or zapdos. Defense ensures I'm almost never killed by two univested lando eqs, rest is dumped into spdef.

Celesteela @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam
- Seed Bomb
- Flame Charge/Fire Blast

I am in love with this lure set. This destroys naganadel, non specs mind blown blacephalon, heatran, any fairy, magnezone, greninja, azu, swamperr, ferro, scizor, magearna...the list goes on. The element of surprise is essential for this set to work, and all of the moves are just to get the most coverage. You can run either fire move, depending on if you want adamant with a weaker move that can potentially sweep or a lower accuracy move that hits ferro better for more power.

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Calm Nature
- Haze
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes

This thing still walls absolutely everything. Standard smogon set. Haze so I don't lose to setup like naganadel, gyra, victini, etc. Scald as attacking. Toxic spikes over toxic because the pressure to defog can give me opportunities to set up and sweep with my own naganadel.

Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost/Knock off
- Earthquake
- U-turn

I wanted to try out this thing ever since it could run poison heal and defog, and it's pretty good. EQ is for STAB and U-turn is for momentum. I like roost more than knock because reliable recovery is needed to wall certain threats, but if mons like chansey are a threat, knock off makes it easier for other members of the team to sweep. Speed is to outspeed everything up to max speed jolly ttar.

Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

This is the member of the team I am most conflicted about. I mostly just slapped on a mega that can beat ice beam wow mew, but it has done pretty good at wallbreaking. Standard set. EQ is there over roost because I need something else that can hit heatran to clear the way for naganadel. Flare blitz over fire punch to hit landorus that switch in harder and have a better chance to 2HKO depending on prior damage.

It's pretty easy to see that this team get's destroyed by ground types. I can play around landorus due to no one running a combination of smack/gravity, eq, HP ice, and a Z move. However, zygarde absolutely destroys me if ttar is weakened. My first decision would be to change zard x to a mega that can beat it or change gliscor to a different defogger that can beat it. I'm open for suggestions; I made this team in like 10 minutes so any criticism is appreciated. Thanks!

IMPORTABLE
Ban me pls (Naganadel) @ Dragonium Z
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Fire Blast

Some Music Meme (Tyranitar) @ Shuca Berry
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Ice Beam

THICC BOI (Celesteela) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
Brave Nature
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam
- Seed Bomb
- Fire Blast

Fat (Toxapex) @ Black Sludge
Calm Nature
- Haze
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes

Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
1st off, should be roost 3 atks zard. also should have knock over scald on pex also ttar gets wreaked by naga z tbh, should be av if ur rying t blow that back, otherwise run cb to ohko blace with pursuits. also, ur question was awful lol, there are plenty of ways 2 beat naga, it isnt getting banned, so yeah improve thy question mate

AV Empoleon might be good against Naganadel

Empoleon @ Assault Vest
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Ice Beam
- Knock Off
- Scald
- Aqua Jet

252+ SpA Empoleon Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Naganadel: 248-294 (86.4 - 102.4%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
+2 252 SpA Naganadel Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Empoleon: 156-184 (41.9 - 49.4%)
Aqua Jet might be useful to get the KO after ice beam damage

The biggest check to Naga atm is Spdef Heatran. You don't have a reliable way to beat it, especially if your opponent has Grassy Terrain support from Bulu. Maybe give TTar superpower or something, idk. This was just the first thing that popped in my head.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)