SM UU NAPEalm destruction

NAPEALM DESTRUCTION

Hello all, and welcome to my first SM UU RMT! For this one, I simply wanted to build around one of my favorite Pokemon and one that has gained a lot of traction in UU recently: Infernape. Let's just get into the RMT!​

TEAMBUILDING PROCESS

Starting with Infernape, for the reasons stated above.

I love Rotom-C as a mon in this tier, and it works well with Infernape. It absolutely rips apart bulky Waters such as Primarina, Alomomola, and Suicune, and also gives this team a functional Xurkitree check.

F/W/G cores are always important when building a team, and whats important in this tier is having a Latias check. Primarina fills both these roles, as well as breaking mons like Chandelure and Mega Sharpedo. It also, in case, Rotom dies, is my Alomomola breaker.

Mamoswine is my rocks setter and physical powerhouse. It sets rocks to help the rest of my team achieve OHKOs/2HKOs they would not have otherwise, or 2HKOs the other side of the field itself. Priority Ice Shard also helps it deal with threats like Latias and Mega Aerodactyl.

At the final stages of teambuilding, I needed two things: a Dark type, and something that broke the speed tier of 110. Scarf Hydreigon fits the bill here, giving me the ability to hit the fast megas hard (Sceptile, Beedrill, and Aero) as well as giving me a mon to outspeed Scarf Krook and +1 Xurkitree.

For my last slot, I needed a Fairy resist, as well as solid hazard removal. Scizor fits well here as it provides me with a strong priority Bullet Punch, VoltTurn core with Rotom-C, and Defog support. A slow U-Turn helps me get in my frail team members (Infernape, Primarina physically) for free.

------------------------------------------------------

Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 168 Atk / 88 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Fire Blast
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch
- Gunk Shot

This set is so good right now against a wide majority of the tier, only having a few switch ins that don't take a solid amount of damage. Fire Blast is a great special STAB that hits a lot of important mons such as Scizor, Cobalion, and Gliscor hard. Close Combat is a nice secondary STAB which hits Fire Blast's resists decently hard as well as denting most bulky waters. Mach Punch is great priority that destroys Weavile and can take a chip out of mons like Mega Pidge and Aero. Gunk Shot is for mainly Primarina and Togekiss, the former of which is a huge threat to my team overall.

Breaking Lawns (Rotom-Mow) @ Grassium Z
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Leaf Storm
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp

This is just a powerhouse mon. Leaf Storm hits really hard on its own, hitting Gliscor, Krookodile, and other Ground types hard, and when converted into Bloom Doom takes a good chunk out of Latias and OHKOs things like Suicune. Thunderbolt is a nice secondary STAB that hits what Leaf Storm doesn't, such as Infernape and Pidgeot, and Volt Switch lets me grab momentum in situations while also doing a solid amount of chip damage. Will-O lets me cripple things like Scizor and nullify Gliscor's Poison Heal.

Calypso (Primarina) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Scald

Primarina is a powerhouse, wallbreaking teams like no tomorrow. Hydro Pump is an absolute nuke, OHKOing offensive Scizor, Cobalion, and Xurkitree. Moonblast decimates powerful Dragons such as Latias and Hydreigon, while also obtaining nice neutral coverage with Hydro Pump. Psychic rounds out this thing's coverage, hitting Tentacruel and Crobat hard. Scald gives me an option to not want to miss my water move, and cripple hard hitters on the physical side like Scizor.

Tusk Tusk (Mamoswine) @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Mamoswine switch ins? *laugh track* Ice Shard gives me great priority to hit things like Aero, and, well.....anything faster pretty hard bar like Mega Sharpedo and Weavile. Icicle Crash + Earthquake achieve perfect neutral coverage, 2HKOing pretty much the entire tier and wearing down opposing teams incredibly fast. Rocks helps it as well as the other offensive mons on my team achieve some nice OHKOs and 2HKOs they could not achieve earlier.

Godzilla (Hydreigon) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

Lol, sup Xurkitree. Dark Pulse hits a lot of Pokemon for good damage and is a fairly safe move to lock into, also giving me a way to hit Latias without a nasty SpAtk drop. Draco is very, very powerful, hitting pretty much all S-A rank mons hard bar Primarina and Togekiss, 2HKOing most of them. Fire Blast OHKOs Scizor and gives me a solid way to hit Cobalion, two giant threats to Hydra. U-Turn gives me very fast momentum, and can finish off Bug-weak mons when they are low.

Red Bull(et) (Scizor) @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 136 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch

Man, I sure do love me some Red Bull.......et. Scizor provides crucial Defog support, foiling the plots of Spikes stackers as well as keeping my team safe from certain OHKOs/2HKOs. Roost is great for a Defogger, as Scizor can consistently come in and remove hazards, as well as keeping a slow U-Turn intact. Bullet Punch is nice priority, hitting MAero, Weavile, and Mamoswine hard as well as finishing off weakened mons.

THAT'S THE TEAM!

If you wanna try it out:

Napealm (Infernape) @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
Naive Nature
- Fire Blast
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch
- Gunk Shot

Breaking Lawns (Rotom-Mow) @ Grassium Z
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp

Calypso (Primarina) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Torrent
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Scald

Tusk Tusk (Mamoswine) @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Godzilla (Hydreigon) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

Red Ranger (Scizor) @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 136 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch

Last edited:

Amane Misa

Bring Them Home Now!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey, a really nice team you got there! I have a few suggestions that may make your team do better!

• Fighting-types give your team problems as it doesn't have a Fighting-type resist except for Primarina, which has a pretty bad physical bulk. Latias > Hydreigon is the first suggestion. Latias not only hits a higher speed tier than Hydreigon does, allowing you to outpace Scarf Infernape, but also grants your team with another, more reliable Fighting-type resist.

Another thing that gives your team troubles and Latias may be able to help patch up the weakness is your matchup against stall. Your team finds it really hard to pressure stall to the point of actually winning against it. Latias will carry Trick in order to patch up that weakness.

Speaking of stall, there's no need for Mach Punch on Infernape. The only good reason to have Mach Punch on Infernape is because of Mega-Sharpedo and Hydreigon, two Pokémon you don't really have any trouble beating. Not only Primarina beats those two, Scarf Latias outspeeds Scarf Hydreigon AND +1 Mega-Sharpedo and Scizor counters Mega-Sharpedo.

• Therefore, Grass Knot > Mach Punch on Infernape will help you pressure stall even more. Stall has no real switch-in for mixed Infernape with Grass Knot, you just have to predict right and the game is yours.
Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
Naive Nature
- Overheat
- Close Combat
- Grass Knot
- Gunk Shot

Latias @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Hidden Power Fire / Healing Wish / Filler
- Trick

I really hope this rate helped you, feel free to contact me if there are any further questions!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)