Metagame Nature Swap

Cool sets so far. I found a bunch of stuff that I like from ths gen so far, heres a core which i find to be really decent with web support:

Togekiss @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Air Slash
- Aura Sphere
- Dazzling Gleam
- Fire Blast

Metagross @ Life Orb
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Zen Headbutt
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Bullet Punch

Kommo-o @ Normalium Z
Ability: Bulletproof / Soundproof
Hasty Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Brick Break
- Poison Jab
- Belly Drum

This core seems to be pretty good for facilitating a kommo-o sweep. Metagross and Togekiss both attract stuff like magnezone which gets belly drummed on with most of its moves, as well as mons like Swampert which can be drummed on with the Soundproof set. Atm im leaning towards the Bulletproof since it allows setup on Tangrowth, Dhelmise, some Gengar, any mons locked into Focus Blast also such as choiced Lele. 125 speed drum is good, and fighting/dragon eats priority from mega mawile and azu with relative ease, plus 125 speed tier with webs will outspeed up to about aggron. Scarf Toge is a fantastic scarfer that can steal matches and hits a key 115 speed (a crowded tier but acceptable), and Hasty Metagross is a lot more decent this gen without having to sacrifice its defenses too much. Its a really fast offensive core that can deal with defensive teams pretty well while also doing fine against offense, especially with web up.

I added some more teams to the teamlist also.

Last edited:
Cool sets so far. I found a bunch of stuff that I like from ths gen so far, heres a core which i find to be really decent with web support:

Togekiss @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Naive Nature
- Air Slash
- Aura Sphere
- Dazzling Gleam
- Fire Blast

Metagross @ Life Orb
Ability: Clear Body
Hasty Nature
- Zen Headbutt
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Bullet Punch

Kommo-o @ Normalium Z
Ability: Bulletproof / Soundproof
Hasty Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Brick Break
- Poison Jab
- Belly Drum

This core seems to be pretty good for facilitating a kommo-o sweep. Metagross and Togekiss both attract stuff like magnezone which gets belly drummed on no matter which move it locks into thanks to Bulletproof and typing, as well as mons like Swampert which can be drummed on with the Soundproof set. Atm im leaning towards the Bulletproof since it allows setup on Tangrowth, Magnezone, Dhelmise, some Gengar, any mons locked into Focus Blast also such as choiced Lele. 125 speed drum is good, and fighting/dragon eats priority from mega mawile and azu with relative ease, plus 125 speed tier with webs will outspeed up to about aggron. Scarf Toge is a fantastic scarfer that can steal matches and hits a key 115 speed (a crowded tier but acceptable), and Hasty Metagross is a lot more decent this gen without having to sacrifice its defenses too much. Its a really fast offensive core that can deal with defensive teams pretty well while also doing fine against offense, especially with web up.

I added some more teams to the teamlist also.
Wait, which Bulletproof-affected move does Mag run?

Flash Cannon is ballistic.

To keep this from being a one-liner, I've got a few sets to dump when I get home, including Adamant Mega Sceptile (you blow past 115 still without a boost).

EDIT: I forgot to post these last night. Oops. And just to be completely clear, every single one of these sets is purely theorymon, haven't had a chance to peruse ROM yet.

Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
I'm expecting this to be a pretty mean cleaner, with wide coverage and outspeeding anything below 130.

Magearna @ Fairium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
My absolute favorite Pokemon to use in Godly Gift is Magearna in the speed slot. No base 130 Speed here (I need a GG tour where Mega Evolution or Primal Reversion imparts the new stats, I want to use a busted MMY squad), but you still have an extremely powerful Twinkle Tackle and this set is generally exceedingly difficult to stop even after its first boost.

Tyrantrum @ Life Orb
Ability: Rock Head
Hasty Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Head Smash
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
Man, why do I have to love the Dino Squad so much? First Archeops, now Tyrantrum. Well, this patches Tyrantrum's biggest problem while also beating the 115 crowd, letting you fire off absolutely devastating base 121 Head Smashes. Once upon a time this was run with Rock Polish, but with base 119 Speed I felt that Dragon Dance was more useful, especially because +1 Head Smash starts invalidating resists, starting with Jirachi.

+1 252 Atk Life Orb Tyrantrum Head Smash vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Jirachi: 226-266 (56 - 66%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Last edited:
Sylveon @ Life Orb
Ability: Pixilate
Naive Nature (+Spe, -SpD)
- Hyper Voice
- Shadow Ball / Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Sylveon @ Life Orb / Power Herb
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Quick Attack / Dig
- Double Edge
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock

Two different sets for my girl Sylveon :)

Sylveon @ Life Orb
Naive Nature (+Spe, -SpD)
- Hyper Voice
- Shadow Ball / Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Sylveon @ Life Orb / Power Herb
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Quick Attack / Dig
- Double Edge
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock

Two different sets for my girl Sylveon :)
Sylveon has a 7/8 chance of being male tho

does anyone else feel with the news of kommo-o's new z move , a special kommo-o set with mild nature could pribably be successful, might even make it reach a good ways into viability rankings , but then again it could just be wishful thinking on my part...

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
does anyone else feel with the news of kommo-o's new z move , a special kommo-o set with mild nature could pribably be successful, might even make it reach a good ways into viability rankings , but then again it could just be wishful thinking on my part...
Depending on how strong Clangorous Soulblaze is Kommo-o could verge on incredibly op: it's main problem imo is lack of a good fighting stab either physically or specially.

Kommo-o @ Kommoium Z (or whatever they call it)
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 4 Def or Atk/ 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature / Hasty Nature
- Focus Blast / Sky Uppercut
- Clanging Scales
- Earthquake / Flamethrower
- Flash Cannon / Flamethrower

I can see a set like this working. Clanging Scales for boosting and one STAB. Defense is the sacked stat because it's high and Clanging Scales lowers it anyway. You can boost speed if you want to be tough to revenge or special attack if you want to be tough to wall. Eq or Flamethrower punish steels that aren't weak to fighting or fairies that aren't weak to steel... like Magearna. I'm talking about Magearna. It messes you up real hard.

If you try to set up while fairies still exist they can switch in and prevent you boosting. Its a good idea to take them out first.

Overall seems like a really solid mon not just here but everywhere.

I think this mon somewhat invalidates most Kommo-o Z sets:

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Lele is gunna probably be one of the most common and best scarfers in the game, and imo any sweeper needs to be able to either get around this or have a teammate that can get rid of it. But if it can get around it its pretty exciting. You could run a sub+z set with reversal as your physical move too perhaps, since I think (?) a Kommo-o can kill Magearna with a +1 uninvested 200bp reversal. having sub + soundproof is pretty interesting too, and means it cant be roared out

Last edited:

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Lele is gunna probably be one of the most common and best scarfers in the game, and imo any sweeper needs to be able to either get around this or have a teammate that can get rid of it. But if it can get around it its pretty exciting. You could run a sub+z set with reversal as your physical move too perhaps, since I think (?) a Kommo-o can kill Magearna with a +1 uninvested 200bp reversal. having sub + soundproof is pretty interesting too, and means it cant be roared out
Hasty +1 Kommo-O outspeeds that and probably OHKOs with Flash Cannon.

Yh that honestly one of komm-o' main problems being that fairy types makes it significantly less useful, even with flash cannon most fairies are speciallly bulky so they can tank in most cases and mons like unaware clef pretty much wall it, if clanging scales was physical it might have been somewhat more usable as poison jab is better for checking fairies as it is.physical

Yh that honestly one of komm-o' main problems being that fairy types makes it significantly less useful, even with flash cannon most fairies are speciallly bulky so they can tank in most cases and mons like unaware clef pretty much wall it, if clanging scales was physical it might have been somewhat more usable as poison jab is better for checking fairies as it is.physical
but in this meta a fair few mons throw their bulk away for speed so that's not as big of a problem
still a solid point tho

Since I like this meta and I don't want the discussion to die yet, here is a quite gimmicky set that I thought of.

Pelipper @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 SpA / 4SpD / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Hydro Pump
- Hurricane

60 / 50 / 65 / 95 / 70 / 100

There are some problems with the standard Rain setters in OU, either it's Pelipper or Politoed. They are all slow, not very bulky AND they're a momentum suck because of those. They exist JUST to support the team with Rain because they have bad stats.

Well, in Nature Swap, you can make Pelipper WAY less of a momentum suck by making it a fast U-turner AND a revenge killer (don't underestimate Rain boosted STAB Hydro Pump even with only 95 SpA). This way, your Pelipper doesn't exist just to set rain and be useless afterwards.

Oh, and if you're looking for a Swift Swim user, you have Specs Rash Mantine with it's 140 SpA.

Say hello to the worst best physical wall in the tier, terrible typing but im sure it can find some niche

Persian-Alola @ Leftovers
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Relaxed Nature
- Fake Out/Roar
- Parting Shot/U-Turn
- Foul Play
- Toxic

This thing eats physical hits like a boss with its 115 defense boosted by fur coat, and has momentum moves in u-turn and parting shot too

+2 252 Atk Garchomp-Mega Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Persian-Alola: 132-156 (39.5 - 46.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Ursaring Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Persian-Alola: 76-90 (22.7 - 26.9%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Persian-Alola: 134-162 (40.1 - 48.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
Mandibuzz, is that you

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Nature Swap seems pretty lit; like Stat Switch but more customizable, and without Kyurem-Black.

I made a sand team. But it's not just a sand team, it's a BAND SAND TEAM (idea stolen inspired by smellslikememe)

Hippowdon @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind
New stats: 108/72/118/68/112/47
Tired of all those Keldeos and Serperiors forcing you out? Now you have much better mixed bulk to set your sand.

Steelix-Mega @ Steelixite
Ability: Sturdy / Sheer Force
Hasty Nature
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge / Rock Slide
- Fire Fang
New stats: 75/125/30/55/95/230
The ultimate revenge killer, tying with Shuckle in Speed. Sand Force boosted EQ hurts.

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Hasty Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch / Crunch
New stats: 100/134/61/95/100/110
Tyranitar's Choice Band set just got a whole lot better with almost 50 extra speed. I used Fire Punch here to hit annoying Grass types.

Quagsire @ Choice Band
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Stone Edge
New stats: 95/85/35/65/65/85
The dank meme of the team. Absorbs Water-type attacks and hits hard with Band-boosted EQ and Waterfall.

Goodra @ Choice Band
Ability: Sap Sipper
Jolly / Naughty / Naive Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Iron Tail
New stats: 90/100/70/80/150/110 or 90/150/70/80/100/80 or 90/100/70/110/70/150
Absorbs Grass types powering it up even more. Depending on your preference, Goodra can be both specially bulky and fast, very powerful, or very fast.

Excadrill @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Rush
Serious Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin
New stats: N/A
idk what to put here so here's an excadrill

This team has a hard time against other weather teams and physical walls, but other than that, this team doesn't work as badly as you think (at least, against Abyssal Bot)

Hippowdon @ Smooth Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind

Steelix-Mega @ Steelixite
Ability: Sturdy
Hasty Nature
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Fire Fang

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Hasty Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

Quagsire @ Choice Band
Hasty Nature
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Stone Edge

Goodra @ Choice Band
Ability: Sap Sipper
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Iron Tail

Excadrill @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Rush
Serious Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

This sounds interesting, time to search some ridiculous pokémon and breake the meta and see if they are good.

Ninjask @ Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Night Slash
- Leech Life
- U-turn

61/160/45/50/50/90

The simple fact that Ninjask atack is usable makes this work. Also it gets Speed Boost, so it kinda fix the speed problem.
Too bad priority exist.

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Oh nvm, Tapu Lele is viable.

Ok, time to look at some more pokémons.
(Sorry for the double post, I just couldnt stop thinking about sets for this.)

Alakazam-Mega @ Alakazite
Ability: Trace
Adamant Nature
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off
- Zen Headbutt

Swapping Attack and Special Attack, oh god.
The coverage is real on this one, with Fire, Ice, Dark and Psychic. Oh, and if you wanna you can use Thunder Punch and Drain Punch too.
Just choose the best moment to release this beast, try to get the best ability possible with Trace.

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 124 SpD
Bold Nature
- Block
- Toxic
- Protect
- Amnesia

Snornal. In gen 2, he was strong because that his small defense cound easly be patched by curse.
Here, we use his 110 attack to fix it. Caution with taunt two. The strategy here is simple: Block, the oponent cant switch out.
Toxic, then stall.

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leech Seed
- Spore
- Synthesis
- Substitute

Spore is only given to slow mons, because of its 100% accuracy. Not anymore tho:
130 attack is used to make him fast. So you spore, leech seed, and SubSeed stall.
Synthesis can switch to Stun Spore or Toxic, if you wanna destroy even more of the oponent team.

Heres a topic of conversation for people to maybe focus around if interested: what are some standout defensive threats this gen? Whether it be tanks or walls, what new or improved mons can put in work in gen 7?

Heres an answer from me:

Mantine @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 68 SpD
Lax Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Scald
- Toxic / Haze / Other

Mantine is incredible in Nature Swap gen7. A defogger that can handle Rain teams almost entirely by itself, as well as being a great blanket wall to physical attackers. Water STAB threatens common SR setters and its huge bulk can allow for it to tank even a STAB rock type move such as Head Smash from Aggron and threaten with Scald. Whats more, it can possibly run a scary swift swim set, although it should be pretty obvious from the team preview which type of Mantine is being used. Mantine basically just ticks a lot of boxes and is a premier bulky water and defogging option imo.

Honorable mentions: Lax Tentacruel and Bold Salamence are both still great this gen, Tentacruel gets a big boost by the removal of a 10% debuff to its special defense and also loves having a new z-move option of healing.

Heres a topic of conversation for people to maybe focus around if interested: what are some standout defensive threats this gen? Whether it be tanks or walls, what new or improved mons can put in work in gen 7?

Heres an answer from me:

Mantine @ Leftovers
Lax Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Scald
- Toxic / Haze / Other

Mantine is incredible in Nature Swap gen7. A defogger that can handle Rain teams almost entirely by itself, as well as being a great blanket wall to physical attackers. Water STAB threatens common SR setters and its huge bulk can allow for it to tank even a STAB rock type move such as Head Smash from Aggron and threaten with Scald. Whats more, it can possibly run a scary swift swim set, although it should be pretty obvious from the team preview which type of Mantine is being used. Mantine basically just ticks a lot of boxes and is a premier bulky water and defogging option imo.

Honorable mentions: Lax Tentacruel and Bold Salamence are both still great this gen, Tentacruel gets a big boost by the removal of a 10% debuff to its special defense and also loves having a new z-move option of healing.
Impish or Careful Zapdos look pretty good to start tanking hits from all these boosted sweepers; Specs Rash Mantine, Magearna, and a few of the Megas like Sceptile and Camerupt don't really have too much besides weak coverage options besides Ice Beam on the initial 2 (which is a common move on the former and a coverage option for the second). 90/125/90 or 90/85/125 looks pretty damn appealing with Discharge for spreading Paralysis and Roost for constant survivability. It still gets to pivot around with U-Turn, too.

Assault Vest Tangrowth also looks nice, esp since Talonflame basically doesn't exist. Give it Calm Nature and let the world burn, since I wish anything luck trying to kill that monster.

this is a semi-joke idea but it might have some merit to it

Xurkitree @ Electrium Z/Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
Quiet/Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Tail Glow
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

I know this means Xurk now has only 83 base Special Attack, but it still has Tail Glow to patch it up alongside even more speed than flippin timid megachomp
if you run quiet you get some extra power and still outspeed base 150 speed mons like hasty megatar. electrium-Z is good for breaking stuff but lefties means more substitutes
i think this thing might manage a ranking somewhere in the C ranks when viability rankings come out.
Guzzlord @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Toxic
- Protect
- Gyro Ball

This one may run well, with SpD and Sp.Attack switched.
Not sure how well tho.

Guzzlord @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Toxic
- Protect
- Gyro Ball

This one may run well, with SpD and Sp.Attack switched.
Not sure how well tho.
I don't see how that has anything to do with my Xurkitree. Did you quote the wrong person?
Cool idea, though :P

I don't see how that has anything to do with my Xurkitree. Did you quote the wrong person?
Cool idea, though :P
Oh sorry! Quoted the wrong person.

I (tryed to) tag this post:

Heres an answer from me:

Mantine @ Leftovers
Lax Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Scald
- Toxic / Haze / Other

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)