NCAA Football '16-'17 Season

Didn't watch any of the games yesterday, but why would you think that a two loss Michigan could be below a two loss PSU or a two loss Wisconsin when they already beat both. Same with Ohio State basically, except even though they lost to PSU they are just better. Same with Washington if they don't win the PAC 12. It would be no surprise whatsoever if both Ohio state and Michigan made the playoff.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
Didn't watch any of the games yesterday, but why would you think that a two loss Michigan could be below a two loss PSU or a two loss Wisconsin when they already beat both. Same with Ohio State basically, except even though they lost to PSU they are just better. Same with Washington if they don't win the PAC 12. It would be no surprise whatsoever if both Ohio state and Michigan made the playoff.
A Big 10 champion PSU/Wisconsin may very well get in over a 2-loss non-champion michigan team. Don't ask me, as the experts. Sometimes common sense doesn't win when you're talking about people who are basically college football bureaucrats.

I can't wait for the upcoming weekend, the rivalry has meaning again. The qb situation with the wolverines though has me awfully nervous.

If michigan loses to OSU, they're out. Basically the winner of that game is in and the loser is out. Then you have acc champ clemson. Sec champ alabama. So you have a toss up between Washington and PSU/Wisconsin winner. Crazy to think that PSU team that gave up 400+ rushing yards at pitt could easily be in the playoff.
Literally every single Penn State LB was injured for that game.

RE: Michigan: a 2 loss team who doesn't even win their division doesn't have a shot of getting in. It's the same situation as Louisville. The loser of OSU/Michigan is still without a doubt going to a NY6 bowl, but is definitely not making the playoff. (For the record, I think Michigan wins on Saturday; JT didn't look that good last week vs a bad MSU team and everything I've read suggests Speight will play. I'm not sure if they win the rematch with Wisconsin though.)

Unless you propose Western Michigan or Boise State jump into the mix, a two loss team will certainly makes the playoffs if Washington or Clemson loses. There are many situations where that two loss team can come as the second team from the Big 10.

xJownage

10-2 penn state with a big 10 championship gets in over 10-2 michigan without a big 10 championship, regardless of the early season loss. So does 10-2 big 10 champ wisconsin. Oh, and PSU beat OSU head to head so let's not even talk about that.

My point is that, while the 3rd seed would belong to PSU, the 4th seed would still go to 11-2 OSU, 10-2 Michigan, or theoretically 11-2 Washington, given that scenario. Again, Big 10 has a likely chance at sending two teams to the playoffs, given that they have 4 teams in the top 8 with really only Washington standing in their way. Since only one of those four teams can win the championship, there's a good chance a loser goes as well, and it'll probably be whoever loses this weekend.

xJownage

My point is that, while the 3rd seed would belong to PSU, the 4th seed would still go to 11-2 OSU, 10-2 Michigan, or theoretically 11-2 Washington, given that scenario. Again, Big 10 has a likely chance at sending two teams to the playoffs, given that they have 4 teams in the top 8 with really only Washington standing in their way. Since only one of those four teams can win the championship, there's a good chance a loser goes as well, and it'll probably be whoever loses this weekend.
10-2 OSU and 10-2 michigan can't happen. and if osu loses they can't get to the big 10 champ regardless so 11-2 can't happen either.
Alabama
winner of osu/mich
clemson
Big 10 winner

Speights and some fuckery. Enough said, pretty disappointing but the season is over. Curious to see who can even challenge Bama at this point, should be interesting.

I don't think I've ever seen a team get screwed over by the refs like VT just did on that fumble. I mean it ultimately won't matter (they're losing at 24-0 at this point), but that was just an atrocious job by the refs and the review booth.

Edit: So technically, they got the call right, but the rule is so confusing and makes zero sense. Just a big mess

Last edited:
I don't think I've ever seen a team get screwed over by the refs like VT just did on that fumble. I mean it ultimately won't matter (they're losing at 24-0 at this point), but that was just an atrocious job by the refs and the review booth.

Edit: So technically, they got the call right, but the rule is so confusing and makes zero sense. Just a big mess
When you jinx the other team and get your team the win AND expose how trash the SEC really is minus Alabama

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
youngest team in da lee National Collegiate Athletic Association, been incredibly inconsistent all year, not at all surprised tOSU got blown out

They're set up to be the next dynasty though. Get 'em while you can, Saban.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Shit was boring till the end and Michigan would've crushed them anyway if their best players weren't being bitches and sitting out.

Whole bowl season has mostly sucked tbh

xJownage

Shit was boring till the end and Michigan would've crushed them anyway if their best players weren't being bitches and sitting out.

Whole bowl season has mostly sucked tbh
you obviously are woefully uneducated on the matter if you think peppers sitting out was because of "being a bitch". did you see him in pregame warmups? and no, shit wasn't "boring till the end".

I personally don't really like FBS football, especially the power 5 teams, But I like FCS football, particularly Big Sky Conference, as It has U.C. Davis and Sacramento State (Yay!).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)