Other Metagames Need advice for an AG team

Recently I've been playing a lot of AG, and was wondering if you guys could offer any improvements. I got to around ladder 1500 but am getting walked every game.

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Origin Pulse
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind

I use Kyogre-Primal for three main reasons:
1) Can take a Xearneas moonblast
2) Has a mind-numbing base 180 sp. atk stat that will annialate most pokes that don't have a good base sp. def
3) A switchin to a Groudon-Primal to take away Desolate Land and force a swap

Calm Mind is good if you can setup, and when you do you can take most sp. atk's from any poke.

Thunder always helps with the annoying evasion strat, and hits very hard on other water and flying types.

Origin Pulse is great as its main stab, and does massive damage.

Ice beam is a great way to kill any dragon type, especially Rayquazza.

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance
- Rock Slide
- Precipice Blades

I use this for the same reasons as Kyo-P.

1) Can take a Xerneas moonblast
2) Great base 180 atk
3) Great switchin for Kyo-P

Rock Polish helps Groudon get his meh speed up into the 400's, and SD boosts its attack into the stars.

Precipice Blades is a great stab that destroys most pokes if Grou-P had a SD up

Rock Slide kills all the pesky flying types that dodge the Blades.

Deoxys-Attack @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Superpower
- Ice Beam
- Psycho Boost
- Extreme Speed

Deoxys had a ridiculous attack, special attack, and speed, which takes down a ton of threats like Darkrai in one hit.

- Outspeeds Mega Ray with +1 in speed
- 1hko's Darkrai with Superpower
- Outspeeds mega and nonmega Blaziken with +1 in speed
- Revenge kills with ESpeed
- Tears through dragons with ice beam

Darkrai @ Life Orb
Ability: Bad Dreams
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dark Pulse
- Dark Void
- Nasty Plot
- Sludge Bomb

Darkrai is great for putting enemies to sleep, and without sleep clause, you can get to +6 and sweep an entire team by outspeeding and 1hko'ing everything. Sludge Bomb makes a massive dent in Xerneas and with a +2 will ohko.

Arceus @ Life Orb
Ability: Multitype
Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Recover

Arceus with just one SD up can tear through most of a team. I run recover instead of the regular Shadow Claw because after awhile, Life Orb damage racks up and it's good to have something to heal yourself with. Earthquake is a good offensive move to cover steels resist to Normal, and SD to boost its already great attack.

Rayquaza-Mega @ Life Orb
Ability: Delta Stream
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Dragon Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Outrage

Mega Rayquaza is a insane
sweeper with crazy stats and move pool. Dragon Ascent will ohko anything that is weak to flying, and tons of things that it has regular effectiveness. ExtremeSpeed is good for revenge killing and for priority sweeping, ddance boosts its mediocre speed so that it outspeeds almost all pokes and outrage is a great stab that doesn't drop any stats.

Please leave suggestions below. Have a great day :)

Last edited:
Hi there,
This team is a decent attempt at hyper offense however there are definitely some significant improvements to be made. As of now you essentially get 6-0ed by darkrai, so you need to change your primal kyogre set to 184 hp/252 spa/72 spe and replace calm mind with sleep talk. Primal groudon really shouldn't be running max attack and speed; a better spread would be 168 atk/144 spdef/196 spe with a moveset of stealth rock, swords dance, precipice blades, and stone edge. This allows you to have much-needed stealth rock support while still being able to survive a +2 moonblast from xerneas after stealth rock. Deoxys-a really doesn't make sense on this team as you already have two great wallbreakers in kyogre and rayquaza. I'd replace with with a ghost ekiller, which uses 252 atk and 252 spe with a jolly nature. The moveset would be swords dance/shadow force/brick break/espeed. This allows you to not automatically lose to opposing ekillers. Speaking of ekillers, your set definitely needs to run lum berry over life orb to at least check darkrai/klefki once. Recover really isn't necessary on a set like this, so use shadow claw instead. The darkrai set also needs fixing, change it to 180 hp/76 spa/252 spe, this allows you to live a +2 espeed from opposing ekiller at full health. You should also replace life orb with leftovers and sludge bomb with substitute to give it more longevity. For Mega Rayquaza I would go with a life orb wallbreaker set; that would mean getting rid of dragon dance and outrage and replacing them with draco meteor and Vcreate. Basically, the way you should play this team is: set up rocks, wallbreak with rayquaza/kyogre/darkrai, and use the two arceus to clean up. Good luck getting higher on the ladder and i hope this helped.

potato

What Gatorade said, decent team ig.

• The team does not have any real checks to Xerneas, although Primal Kyogre and Primal Groudon can live a boosted Moonblast from GeoXern, The only thing the team has against Xerneas is chipping away at its health through living hits in the case of PDon or POgre and hitting back, or using Extreme speed in the case of the rest of the team which isnt healthy, since Xerneas can cripple the team before enough damage has been dealt, thus replace Ice Beam with Roar on POgre.
  • Replace Outrage with V-Create / Earthquake on MRay, or follow Gatorade's advice.
potato

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)