Need help rmt

Muttiny

to start I am not a noob but not a Pokémon master I have a tounement coming up Saturday an have put together a team that I am having some trouble with... any help or contribution would be great thanks, first rmt hope it's not that bad

Gyrados
Intimidate
Wateriuem z
Adamant
Hp52/att196/spd80/sp180
Ice fang
Waterfall
Dragon dance
Protect
I chose gyrados for the intimidate support and offensive pressure as arcanine support is lacking in the offence, it sets up 1 dd and can out speed base 130s with out boosting item ice fang an waterfall basically just spam them after set up also works well with garchomp isn't hit by eq and just having something flying to swtivk into those ground moves

Tapu fini
Misty surge
Calm
Leftovers
Hp252/def148/spd80/sp28
Moonblast
Muddy water
Swagger
Protect

Tapu fini is for swagger set up with misty serge but also lowers dragon moves by 50% and also deals great damage back with moonblast, muddy water gives a spread move and also lowers accuracy basically trying for hax has great bulk and is the best tapu for supporting sets also just changing the terrain helps against the other tapus as I am usually slowest

Porygon2
Standard set
Evil lite
Hp244/def92/spa28/spd140
Sassy
Trick room
Ice bean
Thunderbolt
Recover
Standard trick room setter arguably best in vgc17 in the team for trick room and or reversing trick room standard coverage moves and recover for longevity can sometimes be my last pkm and get left out like a sitting duck usually gets double targeted and doesn't set up trick room an half my team relies on trick room, as a whole team this guy really struggles with sash kartana I can't figure out a good lead to get up trick room against him

Vikavolt
Levitate
Assault vest
Quiet

Hp204/def4/spa248/spd52
Bug buzz
Energy ball
Thunderbolt
Hidden power ice

This guy hits harder then tapu Koko with a base 135 sp att
With this set I can live a shattered pscy from tape lele and is actualy pretty tanky but doesn't do much with out trick room bug buzz can 2hko lele thunderbolt hit celesteela for a 2hko hp ice for garchomp and Salamance energy ball is basically my own grass type move for gastrodon does around 80% damage

Garchomp
Rough skin
Jolly
Scarfed or groundieum z
Hp4/att252/sp252
Dragon claw
Eq
Poison jab
Fire fang

One of the most used pkm in this vgc and I'm having trouble with kartana again being sashed if I run choice I out speed but then kartana lives an just ohkos
Eq works well with my vikavolt and gyrados
Poison jab for any fairies mostly used on all the tapus
I like groundiem z but then I am out speed by Aloan nine tails and kartana but ninetails always ohkos with blizzard

Mudsdale
Stamina
Choice band or muscle band
Adamant
Hp196/att204/Spd108
High horse power
Close combat
Heavy slam
Rock slide or eq

Mudsdale is basically my answer to muk wen I take p2 for trick room as I usually don't take chomp wen i take p2
This guy also struggles with kartana sash even if I have trick room kartana just ohkos on 1 health
This set alows me to close combat 2hko porygon2
252hp 4def arcanine after intimidate ohko and heavy slam alows me to hit all the tapus but bulu very hard I like to pair it with fini after tr is up and swagger as many times as possible maybe even run heal puls for recovery

I'm not too great on the synergy of the team I'm still new I know there no main core like fire water grass but any suggestions may help, on vgc battles I am 7 wins 14losses
I'm finding that maybe it's obvious but trick room set up is harder as people are bringing pkm specific for p2 to try and knock it out before it sets up
I'm also having trouble with leads I sometimes just pick maybe I'm not prepaired enough or just impatient I really struggle with aloan ninetails and kartana sometimes I also have issues with Kokos taunt

I am still new but do know a lot of the standard sets in vcg17 but I do still get surprised or forgetful of some moves
I can easily change out any Pokémon and won't disheartened by any opinions I'm just trying to improve

your RMT isn't bad but you need to format your sets better

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 80 SpD / 28 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Muddy Water
- Moonblast
- Swagger
- Protect

Gyarados @ Waterium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 52 HP / 196 Atk / 80 SpD / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang
- Protect

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab
- Fire Fang

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
EVs: 244 HP / 92 Def / 28 SpA / 144 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Protect

Mudsdale @ Choice Band
Ability: Stamina
EVs: 196 HP / 204 Atk / 108 SpD
Adamant Nature
- High Horsepower
- Rock Slide
- Close Combat
- Heavy Slam

Vikavolt @ Assault Vest
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 204 HP / 252 SpA / 52 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Bug Buzz
- Thunderbolt
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Using Showdown and then importing to your RMT is a better way of handling things but after i take a look at things and test i can come back and give my opinions

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7vgc2017-524632335 I accidentally put Protect over Recover and while Recover is standard the move Protect helped me not get hit by the Fake Out from Persian-Alola but if i was a good player i would have used Bug Buzz on the Persian not the Tapu Bulu

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7vgc2017-524636015 I dont see taunt so you should add it as a way to prevent setup Pokemon also try Frustration or another physical move over Thunderbolt for those common ATK boosts

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7vgc2017-524639063 I didnt get to play a full match but you really dont need Mudsdale if you haven't already at least try to use Garchomp in TR but i would change away from a Scarf set to your Groundium Z set then replace Dragon Claw with Rock Slide because you have Fini and Fire Fang with EQ so that Mudsdale can be replaced with Arcanine or Marowak also have you tried AV Garchomp?

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7vgc2017-524640829 I dont know how you stop Vikavolt but i just lost to it so try and find a way to beat that

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7vgc2017-524645626 Garchomp doesn't win against Vikavolt but i really dont like not having protect also you need some Sp.ATK on Fini

However you solve this is up to you or the next person but i have made some suggestions and i can comeback after getting someone else to take a look

Thanks for the input Il check the calcs and give fini enough to ohko Salamance and garchomp and il add a taunt user into my team over the mudsdale slot thanks a lot

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)