New SmogonU Youtube Videos

Aberforth

is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Ubers Leader
Smogon Tour 21: Week 2 (BW2 OU) Friday Finals

Hopefully this will be a weekly feature, but we cant guarantee that at this stage.

Aberforth

is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Ubers Leader
Totes not a day late cause this was a draft and not an actual message...

Recreant brings us the first episode of Lower Tier Mons, talking about Hydreigon and Feraligatr!

antemortem

is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
If you missed them, the RU and VGC Worlds Smogcasts are now available on Youtube, along with the NU League Loser's Bracket Finals match:

Aberforth

Ubers Leader

New RMT Cast video, of which there have been a few more over the last month, this one going into some frequent mistakes people make while team rating.

Also, upcoming SuMo videos will be coming in shortly!

I think you guys need to work on making your videos feel less scripted. You should rely on bullet points so that you come across as human, much like you would in a standard presentation. I realize I'm not the audience for these videos, but as of right now I'm seeing just over a 50/50 like to dislike ratio, so I don't think everyone is a fan of this format. Also, maybe use fewer buzzwords like "eclipsed" and "opportunity cost" and speak in the tonality you would in a normal conversation. The stiffness almost makes this video feel condescending and as though you're talking to children in elementary school.

Aberforth

Ubers Leader
While you are correct on the topic of that video, it is worth pointing out that the other videos the RMT cast have done have all been consistantly well received, in large part because of the things you are pointing out. But because this is less of a 'live' video, it suffers from the scripting issues.

Or in other words, they are normally better than that video, as shown by the fact that this one has received more dislikes than all of the previous ones combined. And even that video is not that bad, it's currently at about 70% likes, not the 50/50, so it's not like this is an overwhelmingly negative response.

doomsday doink

v̶̱̅i̵̢̕l̶̦̈́ļ̵͗a̷̙̓g̸͈͝ę̵̎ ̵̱̌g̷̭͆û̷̦a̵̰͛ȓ̶̜d̸
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I think you guys need to work on making your videos feel less scripted. You should rely on bullet points so that you come across as human, much like you would in a standard presentation. I realize I'm not the audience for these videos, but as of right now I'm seeing just over a 50/50 like to dislike ratio, so I don't think everyone is a fan of this format. Also, maybe use fewer buzzwords like "eclipsed" and "opportunity cost" and speak in the tonality you would in a normal conversation. The stiffness almost makes this video feel condescending and as though you're talking to children in elementary school.
Aberforth beat me to addressing this but I'll drop my two cents anyways..

Your overall points are very valid and the reason we (YouTube staff) strive to recruit knowledgeable individuals to create videos is to attain the less-scripted format you're referring to. We utilize almost every person who approaches us, especially if they demonstrate both Pokemon knowledge and an aptitude for the public speaking aspect of video-making; unfortunately, we rarely have people approach us about creating content. The individuals on board currently have done a great job so far but it can be challenging to speak fluidly and display one's knowledge effectively on camera, hence the use of a script or detailed bullet points as reference.

Also, the only reason this most recent video has gotten dislikes is because people have a fixation on Donphan being the second coming of Jesus. You can check the rest of this particular series or any of the other videos on the channel.

Aberforth

Ubers Leader

For those who missed the live SPL smogcast and dislike trying to watch previous videos on Twitch like I do, it's been uploaded to youtube now. Thank you to BKC, Valentine, Luigi, PDC, Isa, Bedschiber, Finch and CBB for participating.

Genesis7

is a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
Kiyo Aberforth the newest upload is titled as a battle of shadowtags vs. evan but the actual gameplay is realistic waters vs. iplaytennislol. Also there is no sound for the first 10 mins, assuming you uploaded the wrong video?

Aberforth

Ubers Leader
That was exported directly from Twitch, but I've changed the name and made an edit so the sound will work better.

My bad habit of checking videos dont have audio problems by checking the midway point has come back to haunt me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)