New UU List (September 2010)

Regirock... In NU... Noooooooooooooo

Also I'm going to try Sub Hera =) with Flame Orb
Sub on the switch, get flame orb and own stuff.

cosmicexplorer

pewpewpew
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Regirock... In NU... Noooooooooooooo

Also I'm going to try Sub Hera =) with Flame Orb
Sub on the switch, get flame orb and own stuff.
I'd never thought of Sub+Flame Orb. It'd die really quickly, but it would kill soso much. Also, Regirock will completely own NU.

Oh my god. This has to be the silliest thing that happened to UU. Heracross.

Why don't we just put flygon down there also?
Good Idea!

Anyway, Guts Swellow all the way man! Outspeeds and ohkoes with few flying moves. I predict Scarf and Band will be popular for the first two weeks but then somebody's gonna use an SD + Sub/whatever set that'll totally rape.

Man heracross is going to wreck my uu sandstorm team cradily megahorn shuckle stone edge. Heracross is a little to good for uu and ursaring with quick feet wrecks shit you should have been uu a while ago

An adamant 252atk Heracross hits moltres with 82-97% with a guts boosted facade, and 52-63% with close combat, while megahorn hits for only 26.5% - 31.2%. With SD CC/Facade OHKO on anything but defensive moltres, meaning it can only switch in on megahorn, and SD megahorn will kill moltres after SR damage. CC does a whopping 181.6% - 213.8% to swellow with guts activated, facade does 141% - 166.3%, and megahorn does 90.8% - 106.9% which is OHKO with SR. Even with a non SD facade he's hitting 96def impish nidoqueen for 54.4% - 64.3%. After a swords dance heracross will smash nearly any switch if you mispredict, OHKO'ing many enemies.

Gotta love the speculation for one of the *potentially* quickest stints in UU ever. I honestly don't see much to "stop" hera cold.

I mean I will try my best, but seriously........ Hera will rape shit.

Pretty stoked about this. This will likely have a significant impact on the metagame, which is just what the tier needed. I could care less about if Heracross is overpowered or manageable - we're going to see some big movement away from the standard metagame which we have become entrenched in.

With regard to the quick hook, I would find it hypocritical to give Heracross a quick hook when other Pokemon such as Cresselia and Yanmega didn't get the hook. Like it or not, Heracross will be UU for at least one full test period.

This would make me very disappointed if Heracross was found to be overwhelmingly OP and not pulled before the period ends.

Not that anyone cares but I stopped playing Pokemon and UU because of this stubbornness of the system in removing Yanmega and Raikou (and because I started playing LoL but yeah). Playing a number of different games competitively and the long drug out process of banning characters/maps/weapons isn't really fun for the players when you know you are decently skilled and you see someone less skilled than you choosing a broken strategy.

Smash Bros Brawl's community is suffering for many reasons but one I feel was the lack of super majority on banning Metaknight even though BANNED won the poll.

MvC2 is broken and has never had a thriving competitive community.

Starcrafts and SSBM balance and more importantly reward for skill keeps the communities strong and long lasting.

In League of Legends you have the option of banning characters that you deem to be broken. Common sense usually trickles down from the better players once people have played for a week and usually you will see the same 4 characters banned in every game due to common sense. The game continues to grow and people continue to play despite MANY technical problems.

This may not apply to pokemon as the metagames never last long enough for the masses of people to realize that playing with broken pokemon sucks (I see we finally banned Salamence though) because we get new games new pokemon new moves and new mechanics and people just shift to that.

Common sense should always be considered. I trust that the bolded names have enough of it to make the right choice after we've had time to play with Heracross.

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
If anything should be in UU right now it's blissey. I almost never see her in OU anymore. And don't say she has no counters because choice band dugtrio, primeape, hariyama, and now heracross (just to name a few)!!

goddamn it PLEASE tell me you aren't serious...
He is pretty serious. He posted this in simple questions.... too.
Blissey shouldn't drop down to UU, we already have Chansey to deal with. In my opinion Umbreon should be the one back down there. It's quite underused and it's movepool is lacking, and it wouldn't outclass other UU walls such as Uxie, Milotic, Registeel...etc

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The only reason Cresselia didn't get the quick hook was because we didn't have a process at the time. If a reasonable process gets developed in time I would see nothing wrong with it (but obviously if it didn't happen with Cresselia I do doubt it'll happen here). I'll talk to Aeolus about Heracross and tour.
Do we really need one?? I mean, if Aeolus and Jump can remove Deoxys-S before a test is over due to how ridiculous it was, why can't we remove Heracross if he turns out to be just too much (Which I hope doesn't happen, but whatever)??

Heracross lost use in OU, but in Uu he's gonna tear crap up. Basically, in UU, he has no surefire defensive checks. Three things I can think of that can check him are Moltres, Alakazam and Weezing to some extent. Although Moltres gets OHKO by Stone Edge from all forms of Heracross, it can outspeed all forms of Hera EXCEPT Scarf and OHKO with STAB Air Slash. Weezing has a good Defensive stat and resistance to both of Hera's STAB. Alakazam with Choice Scarf can effectively OHKO Scarf Hera.

This would make me very disappointed if Heracross was found to be overwhelmingly OP and not pulled before the period ends.

Not that anyone cares but I stopped playing Pokemon and UU because of this stubbornness of the system in removing Yanmega and Raikou (and because I started playing LoL but yeah). Playing a number of different games competitively and the long drug out process of banning characters/maps/weapons isn't really fun for the players when you know you are decently skilled and you see someone less skilled than you choosing a broken strategy.

Smash Bros Brawl's community is suffering for many reasons but one I feel was the lack of super majority on banning Metaknight even though BANNED won the poll.

MvC2 is broken and has never had a thriving competitive community.

Starcrafts and SSBM balance and more importantly reward for skill keeps the communities strong and long lasting.

In League of Legends you have the option of banning characters that you deem to be broken. Common sense usually trickles down from the better players once people have played for a week and usually you will see the same 4 characters banned in every game due to common sense. The game continues to grow and people continue to play despite MANY technical problems.

This may not apply to pokemon as the metagames never last long enough for the masses of people to realize that playing with broken pokemon sucks (I see we finally banned Salamence though) because we get new games new pokemon new moves and new mechanics and people just shift to that.

Common sense should always be considered. I trust that the bolded names have enough of it to make the right choice after we've had time to play with Heracross.
Not to get started on a completely unrelated topic, but MvC2, despite being completely broke, actually has had one of the longest running competitive scenes around, second to only Street Fighter II in the fighting world, and to say it wasn't ever extremely popular is a bold-faced lie.

but that's off topic by a large margin.

CRAPPPPPPP Ok heracross in uu is just scary. That is IMBA. Nothing can wall it at all short of weezing. Weezing usage is going to be SO high. Not to mention weezing can't even wow it.

CRAPPPPPPP Ok heracross in uu is just scary. That is IMBA. Nothing can wall it at all short of weezing. Weezing usage is going to be SO high. Not to mention weezing can't even wow it.
And Moltres. In UU Heracross users will probably ditch the Choice Scarf formore power, since UU isn't as fast-paced as OU. Moltres can come in on Heracross and OHKO with Air Slash. Plus, the use of Spinners and Phazers will go up. Spinners prepare for Moltres entrance, while Phazers shuffle Heracross out if he ever comes in before the Spinners can remove Stealth Rock.

Heracross doesn't need to run flame orb to sweep, with all the status moves in UU he can switch into toxic, burn and T wave. With leftovers he will be hitting 20% harder than life orb while regaining hp (minus the status). While it's all great to say this in threory, he does have a lot of switch in chances to pull this off, i'm about to make a new tean now to see what happens.

Heracross doesn't need to run flame orb to sweep, with all the status moves in UU he can switch into toxic, burn and T wave. With leftovers he will be hitting 20% harder than life orb while regaining hp (minus the status). While it's all great to say this in threory, he does have a lot of switch in chances to pull this off, i'm about to make a new tean now to see what happens.
Except that with Heracross in the meta, people will be less willing to throw status around willy-nilly. No matter what change you make to the metagame, the metagame will shift to minimize its influence. Le Chatlier's Principle, as applied to Pokemon.

Wow. Wow. Just wow. Heracross is UU now, and it's gonna kick some butt for a while before it gets kicked up to BL. Wow.

I really love Heracross, and I'm still gonna use it in OU.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)