NU Bazaar: Post your teams here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honestly surprised I haven’t seen a whole lot of coverage for this old classic but KangaSpikes is still as threatening as ever to a huge portion of the meta. Most of the sets on the team are pretty standard with minor tweaks. Garb is easily the best supporting spiker in the tier at the moment, checking the majority of fighting types that try come in to revenge Kanga after it’s gotten a kill. Pain Split and Black Sludge are viable options but I prefer Rocky Helmet to punish U-turn and Rapid Spin and Haze to prevent Pokemon like Virizion from getting out of hand. Mesprit further checks Fighting types while also giving me a Ground immunity for Garb and supporting the rest of the team with Healing Wish and Rocks. Machamp is honestly one of the best breakers in the tier currently and fit well as the team needed a way to break past the likes of Steelix, bulky Darks, etc. Machamp also gives me a Dark resist while not being a complete deadweight vs offense, as BP does just enough to chip things for Kanga. I chose Facade over EQ as it gives me a better way to hit Colbur Psychic’s upon switching, while still hitting Garb hard. Sneasel gives me a bit of speed control while removing bulky Psychics (most specifically Xatu) with a combination of its dual stab coverage. Lasty Groundium Z Tyrantrum gives me another way to break through Steelix while absolutely destroying balance and bulky offense squads after a DD with hazard support. Overall the team tends to struggle breaking through bulky waters, as I couldn’t fit an Electric or Grass type on the team, this can be somewhat remedied carrying T-Bolt over Healing wish on Mesprit but I prefer being able to bring Kang or Tyrantrum back up to full if necessary. The team also has no real way of switching into strong special attacks, namely from the likes of Delphox, Sceptile, Typhlosion, etc. Overall the team has worked wonders for me on the ladder as is incredibly fun as KangaSpikes has always been. Def try it out!
Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/paZQrKKi

My turn to put a Kangaspikes in this thread. I loved this playstyle in ORAS so with the SM starting, the first mon I built around was obviously Kanga.
Not have to talk a lot about this mon, it was a huge threat last gen and it's p sure becoming a really good mon to play in this meta. Garbodor is still the best Kanga's partner, I tried Qwilfish but Garb seems much better in this kind of team. I opted for Explosion in the last slot to avoid eh removal and a free set up by NP/SD Toxicroak, which can just rape the team if it get a boost. For the spinblocker I firstly opted for Sabeleye, but I finally put Spiritomb to get a hard Pursuiter, able to pressure Xatu and giving me more priority moves. I was a little water and fire weak, and I needed to set up Rocks. Seismitoad was the perfect choice to fill these roles, with the ability of taking Head Smashes from Scarf Ttrum. I added Braviary with the idea to punish any passive Defogger like Togetic, but i didn't wanted a mon just in case of Defog. That's why I put a Scarf on it, so I can play it like a great RK with a usefull ground imu and the U-Turn pressure. Finally, I added Hitmonchan, but I really needed a hard direct pressure, and the team is not that weak to EH. That's why I switched Hitmonchan with HitmonLEE. This mon can break throught a lot of teams with it's ridiculous HJK. Spikes support allows Hitmonlee to get 2HKOs on interesting fighting resists like Garbodor with 2 layers, Aromatisse and Vileplume with 3 layers + SR.
The team is weak to stupid things like SubCM + Dark Pulse Necrozma, nothing to take 2 Smashes from CB Ttrum. NP Toxicroak can also be annoying, absorbing T-Spikes and pressuring a lot if it get the boost. Try to pressure these mons, or put them in a Toxic timer asap.

Kangaskhan @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Earthquake

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Explosion

Spiritomb @ Dread Plate
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Shadow Sneak
- Will-O-Wisp

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Def / 224 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Braviary @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Superpower

Hitmonlee @ Life Orb
Ability: Reckless
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch

Last edited:

Hey, I just wanted to post a team that I've been having a lot of fun with and one that I feel works well. This is meant as more of a balanced offense team, meant to either slowly wear down the enemy team with things like Toxic and Will-O-Wisp from Luminion and Haunter and Fake Out from Hariyama or outright KO them with powerful attacks like Hurricane and Revelation Dance from Oricorio.

Sub-SD Sceptile is meant as the main win condition for this team, as it can Sub up and potentially get up and SD, and activate its Sitrus Berry and proceed to dish out powerful hits with both Acrobatics and Leaf Blade, which is only resisted by Steel types, however the some common Steel types in the meta are hit neutrally by Leaf Blade (Steelix, Aggron, Ferroseed, etc.)

Oricorio is meant to hit Steel-types that aren't hit neutrally by those attacks hard with Revelation Dance, and it is also incredibly powerful vs. a lot of mons, like most Grass and Ice types which this team would otherwise be a lot worse vs, and others. Hurricane is good secondary STAB to dish out powerful blows on things that resist Revelation Dance. U-Turn is used to keep up momentum and the like, and HP Grass is used as coverage vs. Water types. Choice Scarf is the item of choice as it allows me to get the jump on faster mons like Virizion and Sceptile when the don't expect it and pick up a cheeky KO.

Haunter is used as an all-around strong attacker that can dent a lot of things and can also cripple them with Will-O-Wisp, and can also pick up sneaky KOs with Destiny Bond. LO is used for maximum attacking power.

Lumineon is my defogger of choice, and can also burn things with Scald and bring in mons like Sceptile with its slow U-Turn. Toxic is used to put opposing threats on timers, and Leftovers is used to provide passive recovery. I decided to go with a more standard physically defensive spread, as it allows me to tank the most hits against burnt mons.

Steelix is used as an excellent offensive tank and as a rocks setter, and can phase setup sweepers (and really anything) out with Roar, stopping sweep attempts and forcing additional chip damage by rocks. I decided to go with an offense spread, giving Steelix a ton of attack to severely weaken the opposing team. The rest (save for the 4 put in SpD) is dumped into HP, allowing Steelix to take a couple more hits before going down. Leftovers provides good passive recovery.

AV Hariyama is used as a decent special tank, as with maximum SpD and a positive nature he hits 360 SpD, which combined with his massive HP, allows him to tank a good amount of hits before going down. Fake Out and BP provide a good source of chip damage, allowing Hariyama to weaken the opposing team and even pick up KOs on weakened mons. Knock Off is incredibly helpful, doing things like knocking off Choice items and Eviolites. Finally, I run Cross Chop over Close Combat, because Hariyama's defenses being lowered can be extremely bad in certain cases. My EV spread has max SpD and a positive nature, allowing Hariyama to tank hits (as stated previously). I put 252 EVs into attack to allow for good damage output.

Sceptile @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Acrobatics

Oricorio @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dancer
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- Revelation Dance
- Hurricane
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- U-turn

Haunter @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sludge Bomb
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Destiny Bond

Lumineon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- U-turn
- Toxic
- Defog

Steelix @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Cross Chop

Dybagod Hyper Offense

This team is an hyper offense made from Choice Band Drapion. I wanted to build with Drapion and Bloom Doom Houndoom. Medicham checks Hitmonlee and other Fighting types. Minior is a Ground immunity, also is a Set up sweeper. Claydol is the hazard remover of the team, stealth rock user, other ground immunity and Electric immunity. And finally Slowbro checks Water Spam and Ice Beam users.

https://pastebin.com/d1A3q6Qt

Nasty Plot Slowking is very useful, As it helps you eliminate major discomforts.
Why Drapion is called "Dybala"? Because i have a team called "Juventus Squad" and Drapion was the best pokémon of the team

Last edited:
Dybagod Hyper Offense

This team is an hyper offense made from Choice Band Drapion. I wanted to build with Drapion and Bloom Doom Houndoom. Medicham checks Hitmonlee and other Fighting types. Minior is a Ground immunity, also is a Set up sweeper. Claydol is the hazard remover of the team, stealth rock user, other ground immunity and Electric immunity. And finally Slowbro checks Water Spam and Ice Beam users.

https://pastebin.com/TQTNxKav

Nasty Plot Slowking is very useful, As it helps you eliminate major discomforts.
Why Drapion is called "Dybala"? Because i have a team called "Juventus Squad" and Drapion was the best pokémon of the team
What does the serious nature on Slowking help with?

Archeops @ Focus Sash
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Endeavor
- Head Smash

Lilligant @ Normalium Z
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Hyper Beam
- Quiver Dance
- Sleep Powder

Sneasel @ Choice Band
Ability: Inner Focus
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard

Sawk @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Mesprit @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Signal Beam
- Healing Wish

Klinklang @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
Jolly Nature
- Gear Grind
- Shift Gear
- Return
- Magnet Rise

This is an interesting Offence team I built that has been working nicely for me. Archeops acts as the lead of the team. It sets up rocks pretty reliably and even scares Xatu with head smash. Lilligant is the first sweeper of the team. Z-Hyper beam can beat a lot of its regular checks. I`m using hyper beam over dream eater because its stronger and I don`t think dream eater is needed as much because hyper beam can still kill some poison types at +1. Sneasel acts as a pursuit trapper as well as a standalone wallbreaker. Pursuit is nice for trapping ghosts and psychics so I can spam close combat easier with Sawk. Sneasel checks Lilligant, Vivillon and Minior with ice shard to prevent their sweep. Sneasel also provides some more speed to my team which is nice. Sawk is the scarfer of the team. I don`t really see Sawk very often but its been working well for me. Sturdy is also a nice lategame ability is rocks are not up, this even won me the game once. Specs Mesprit acts as the wallbreaker of the team. When I was thinking of good breakers, I was kind of stuck, but then I remembered Specs Mesprit. This set is pretty rare at the moment but its nice for beating Steelix which is great for Klinklang. Klinklang is the second sweeper of the team. its another rare mon at the moment, which means people aren`t very prepared for it. Most people just use lix to beat it which is suboptimal because its easily chipped down by stuff like Mesprit. Overall this team utilizes some underused mons rn and its been working decently for me.

Hippopotas @ Eviolite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Stoutland @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Superpower
- Crunch
- Play Rough

Lycanroc @ Fightinium Z
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Accelerock
- Brick Break

Sigilyph @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Heat Wave
- Energy Ball
- Roost

Sandslash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Stone Edge

Machamp @ Assault Vest
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dynamic Punch
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- Heavy Slam

Here's a Sand team ive been having fun with lately and had some success with despite being new to NU for the most part, Hippopotas is the obvious Sand setter to make this team even work with rocks and slack off for survivability, Stoutland is a strong wallbreaker and helps pave the way for Lycanroc to sweep with Swords Dance late game, I chose Fightinium Z on Lycanroc for it to help break Steelix and rhydon after a little chip damage. Sigilyph is a nice addition to my team so I can remove bulky waters and damage/remove steels and I was lacking any form of special attacker. I felt I needed a spinner on my team since hazard stack can hurt hyper offense tremendously I took Sandslash which has Sand Rush which allows it out outspeed most of the metagame and remove hazards when needed when Sand is up, lastly I have Machamp an overall solid mon with a variety of coverage to deal with bulky mons and deal with special offensive threats with assault vest.

Last edited:

I've been tweaking with sand for a few weeks now and used some variant of this team (stoutland/hippo/dugtrio-a/garbodor) and managed to get top 50s on ladder with it. Sand right now imo is a large sleeper in the current metagame: Stoutland has near no switch ins, dugtrio-a has a wonderful STAB combo that hits hard with sand up and has access to priority, hippo can sponge hits from tyrantrum relatively fine, and garbodor enjoys the popularization of machamp, virizion, and hitmonlee.

Hippopotas is obviously an essential member to this sandstorm team as the setter. Smooth rock over eviolite because longer sand turns is desired over survival when there are two abusers. Toxic over something like earthquake because nothing is going to die by an uninvested 72 base earthquake and toxic works very well wearing down many mons along with hazards and sandstorm up.

Stoutland's set is pretty standard for the most part but the EV's are tuned to outspeed scarf rotom in sand. One could bump up its speed to outspeed some threats outside of the sand however the 112 hp evs let it tank a decent amount of hits with its 85/90/90 bulk and with smooth rock on hippopotas, sand will pretty much always be up when you want it. Facade over other junk because there's no cleric on the team and burned stoutland sucks.

Dugtrio-Alola hits hard and fast when sand is up and is not bad when it isn't up either. While it can't kill mons from full quite like stoutland, it's ability to switch up between attacks makes it a dangerous threat in its own right and ground, steel, rock coverage is virtually unresisted in the tier.

Garbodor is the team's alternate physical wall and patches the fighting/grass weakness of the team as well. With spikes or toxic spikes up, it pressures many ghost types from coming in from Stoutland in an attempt to tank a frustration.

Rotom-Cut is the team's revenge killer and answer to pesky bulky grounds like steelix, rhydon, etc. It's also great for pivoting into hippo for a free sand set up and possible rocks and a ground immunity is much welcome on the team.

RestTalk CM Spiritomb is probably the most replaceable member on the team but it fills the role of being able to check Meloetta and pull off a late game sweep if need be. It also complements garbodor with its ability to spinblock.

Here's the team: http://pokepast.es/63f3e38579180913

Here's some Incineroar balance that I've been having a lot of fun with. The team functions around the offensive core of LO Hitmonlee and Assault Vest Incineroar. Incineroar comes in and pressures ghosts that would keep Lee from spamming HJK while also giving it a free switch in through a slow U-Turn. This allows Hitmonlee to bust holes with the combination of High Jump Kick and Knock Off to allow Meloetta more free reign towards the endgame. Melo funtions as both my revenge killer and late game cleaner as the combination of both its newfound speed and massive special attack allow it to mow through weakened teams. It appreciates Lee's ability to get rid of or neuter dark types, normal resists, and fat psychics. Now on to the defensive backbone. The aforementioned mons functioned well enough together but really appreciated hazard stack to help melo sweep or lee break better, so I decided to go with the standard Seismitoad + Garbodor core as it could handle most threats to offense in the tier as well as providing spikes and SR to punish the opponents switches. After adding Garb and Toad I realized Gourgeist-Super seemed like a perfect addition to the team as it served as both a spin blocker and a way to alleviate any pressure off of Seismitoad that offensive water types could present so it could focus on handling offensive rock types and Emboar better. As for any changes to the team I wouldn't recommend many bar swapping U-Turn for Trick on Melo if you're having trouble breaking fatter teams. Doing things like changing Toxic into Toxic Spikes on Garbodor may be counter productive as Gourgeist wouldn't be able to burn physical attackers and it would keep Garb from getting instant toxics on bulky waters and psychics on the switch in.

https://pastebin.com/SCbySnGa

Fragmented

procrastinating...
is a Pokemon Researcher

Not sure how'd you classify this team, but I'm just going to say that it's balanced offence. This is one of the better teams that I have made thus far in SM NU, and honestly it's pretty fun to use and got me quite a few wins. I'm not the best battler or team-builder, but I'm pretty proud of this team.

First off, everybody's favourite 3 headed bird, Dodrio. Straight forward sweeper/wallbreaker set with standard EVs and standard moveset. Z-Brave Bird destroys things while Z-Mirror Move gets you a +2 Attack raise and may destroy things.

AV Slowbro sponges hits from both sides of the spectrum, and can proceed to hit back with a move of its own. Psyshock is there for the reason that I didn't want to wait for Future Sight to hit to kill fighting and poison types. The rest of the moveset is pretty standard.

Needed a revenge killer and a trapper for psychics cos I hate Necrozma, so I chose Sneasel. Dread Plate over Life Orb or Choice Band since I prefer being able to switch up moves without getting punished with 10% of my health. Also baits some people into believing that it's actually Banded and they proceed to get whacked again by another hit.

I really hate Necrozma, so we have Skuntank, good defogger and Psychic-check. I used the old ORAS spread since I don't know the meta all too well currently, and it still puts in work, helping me to revenge kill the weaker psychics like Meloetta and Delphox (and not Necrozma).

Steelix is the most reliable rock-setter at the moment, being able to take physical hits pretty well. Protect over Toxic for that precious lefties recovery to get back sturdy after switching in on rocks and then survive the next attack.

Finally, Electric Pancake joins the team, being the secondary wincon and sweeper of the team. The coverage that Pancake has to offer is so good and can easily tear through teams if it manages to get a Nasty Plot (which is rarely). Unboosted Surf hits Steelix for about 60-70% and OHKOs other common rockers like Rhydon. Pancake sweeps are amazing.

Probably not the best team in the world, but it's fun to use and sweep with Pancake at the end of the game. May tweak the team in the future, but at the moment here's my contribution to the bazaar.

Dodrio @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Early Bird
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Mirror Move
- Brave Bird
- Frustration
- Jump Kick

Slowbro @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Future Sight
- Fire Blast
- Psyshock

Sneasel @ Black Glasses
Ability: Pickpocket
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash

Skuntank @ Leftovers
EVs: 128 HP / 236 Atk / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Defog
- Poison Jab

Steelix @ Leftovers
EVs: 244 HP / 124 Atk / 136 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Protect

Raichu-Alola @ Life Orb
Ability: Surge Surfer
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Surf

Hey everyone, I made this team with my buddy clyde frog 53. The star of the team is swords dance Dodrio with Fightinium Z. It is the win con of the team in most cases. Jellicent is a personal favorite and functions very well in nu as it checks a lot of physical attackers and the Slows. Garbodor provides good utility with spikes and toxic, and helps with grass, fairies and the common fighting types. The next main wallbreaker is Whimsicott. It is an intresting specs because you don't see Choice Specs that often. HP Ground hits poison- and steel types like Steelix and Drapion. Steelix sets up rocks and can roar things out. It is just a good pokemon overall. Last but not least is Choice Scarf Emboar, a very potent wallbreaker that isn't crippled by its speed holding this item. We felt like Sucker Punch isn't really needed on this set so we chose grass knot for Seismitoad and Gastrodon. One thing i would like to point out that this team has no hazard removal (Garbodor can absorb T-spikes though).

Jellicent (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Taunt

Steelix @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 240 SpD / 12 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake

Whimsicott @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Switcheroo
- Moonblast
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Dodrio @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Early Bird
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Return
- Jump Kick

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Def / 12 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic
- Explosion
- Gunk Shot

Emboar @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Superpower
- Grass Knot
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge

Fragmented

procrastinating...
is a Pokemon Researcher
My second attempt at attention grabbing (explain why I yearn for it as much as I despise it). Bit of backstory: won some games, won a tourny. Now the team:

sprites from pokestadium.com, credit goes to them amazing spriters

Oh look, another hazard stacking team, but wait... no Garbodor?

All attempts at bad metagame humour aside, this is a pretty fun and solid offense team based around sweeper Mismagius and weakening stuff to make clean up easier. Pretty standard set, with Power Gem for those pesky flying types like Braviary, Golbat and Togetic that refuse to die to STAB and Dazzling Gleam (Thunderbolt is an option I guess). Also useful for bonking AV Incineroar and Houndoom. Colbur over Z-Move cos I had to decide between Braviary and Mismagius. It's also useful for surviving Knock Off's from full HP I guess, taking 60-70% from Sneasel and 40% thereabouts from Ambipom.

Hitmonchan is the second member of the team, and is a pretty underrated mon right now due to the myriad of fighting types that are just much better. What Mr. Chan brings to the table is powerful priority in the form of Iron Fist boosted Mach Punch, revenge killing pesky dark types that love to bother Mismagius; as well as Thunder Punch, ruining the bros day as well as Jellicent for the most part. Since CM Slowbro started packing Waterium-Z, Knock Off wasn't as easy to abuse to wear it down, while Adamant Iron Fist boosted T-Punch does a delicious 40% chunk to max HP max Def bro. Rapid Spin, in case just as a emergency measure for hazard removal.

Accelgor is low-key good, having an almost uncontested speed-tier (beaten by Ninjask and Electrode), and being a check to many offensive threats in the metagame. Spikes is always nice to have in case you decide that killing what's in front of you isn't your cup of tea. This bug can tear holes in teams and can clean up games once your opponent's team is half dying. Definitely not something to scoff at.

Seismitoad for Stealth Rocks, water and fire check and has enough offensive presence to make it onto the team. Sludge Bomb to bop Whimsicott in case it decides to switch in, thinking it gets a free turn.

Scarf Drapion, because I really hate dealing with Psychic types. Basically a bulkier Sneasel which can force switches and revenge kill things.

I had my doubts about wallbreaker Braviary, but after trying it out, it is a pretty solid mon. Initially I had it solely to scare defoggers, but AOP is useful for destroying the likes of Lix and Don that think they can wall me, making it easier for a Mismagius sweep.

Being offensive, the team lacks switch-ins to Fairy and Ice types (looking at you, Whims and Vanilluxe). The only counter-play I have is revenge killing, which allows my opponent to wear my team down with hazards. OTR Coffin also destroys this team if it ever gets a chance to set up. Enjoy!

miss murder (Mismagius) (F) @ Colbur Berry
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Power Gem
- Nasty Plot

Hitmonchan @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Mach Punch
- Rapid Spin

Accelgor @ Life Orb
Ability: Sticky Hold
Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Sludge Bomb
- Energy Ball
- Spikes

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Sludge Bomb

Drapion @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sniper
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Poison Jab
- Earthquake

Braviary @ Fightinium Z
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Superpower
- Bulk Up
- Roost

Here's a pretty solid HO team I made. Vivillon is the offensive centerpiece, but all of the mons can fuck shit up depending on the matchup.

Vivillon - Standard set and sweep but with lefties instead of Flyinium-Z. I play it liberally whenever there aren't rocks up. Watch out for Sneasel, Steelix, and scarf/unburden Hitmonlee when setting up.
Rhydon - Set up rocks early on mainly to pressure Sneasels and opposing Vivillon. I messed around and gave Rhydon zero speed IVs and a brave nature so it can act as an effective backup TR sweeper. Swords Dance is usually used in those scenarios. Rhydon is also good at breaking down some annoying stally win-con mons whenever they show up.
Meloetta - Scarfed cleaner. I've found it to be most effective mid-to-late game, because it's checks and counters are usually worn down. If the opponent is running Steelix, try to get a Focus Blast in there. Usually gets about 80% off, which allows Kabutops clean it up on or Vivillon to sweep through it later on.
Cofagrigus - Standard Cof. Setup TR, Nasty Plot, and nuke something with z-Shadow Ball. You don't need to do all three depending on the team. Keep Rhydon in mind if Cof makes it to late game. ALso!! I've been running Dark Pulse over HP Fighting to deal with Meloetta. Getting rid of it's biggest threat is really nice. Meloetta is kind of a pain if you're lacking. If you're bold like me and want to do that, you can bump his level up to 100 again bc you'll be able to run 0 speed IVs and win all Cof v Cof speed ties.
Whimsicott - Pixie Plate Moonblasts are gr9. Switch in and Encore on terrifying setup mons like SD Sceptile. Whimsicott is also my most solid answer to dark types and fighting types, and it can function as a revenge killer. U-Turn on predicted Sneasel switchins.
Kabutops - Rapid Spin for hazard control. Weak Armor is great and helps Kabu get over being in a shitty speed tier. Stone Edge does more than you'd think to most unresisting mons, so use that liberally when there aren't any serious threats up. Aqua Jet is ran over Superpower or Knock Off so Kabu can revenge kill when Melo and Whim are either out or have alive checks. Knock Off still works great tho!

Enjoy :')

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 240 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

Vivillon @ Leftovers
Ability: Compound Eyes
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Sleep Powder
- Hurricane
- Substitute

Meloetta @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- U-turn

Cofagrigus @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Mummy
Level: 99
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Trick Room
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Whimsicott @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Giga Drain
- Encore
- U-turn

Kabutops @ Life Orb
Ability: Weak Armor
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Jet
- Rapid Spin

Last edited:

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Cofagrigus @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Mummy
Level: 99
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
Not to be rude, but I believe this defeats the purpose of using level 99 on OTR Cofagrigus. It is meant to underspeed opposing Cofagrigus in Trick Room and you currently outspeed them due to having 30 Speed IVs. I'd advise changing this to 0 Speed IVs. Otherwise, cool team! :)

-

After the many weeks of NU beta following after Exploud's and Tyrantrum's ban, I believe this is or very close to be the most consistent version of HO Trick Room available with the current pool of mons we are able to use. For a while I've exclusively used this team and laddered around the top 50s with it so take what you will with a grain of salt. I had framed this after the infamous OU trick room skeleton consisting of 3 abusers, 2 defensive setters, and an offensive setter, and undeniably Cofagrigus, Uxie, and Audino are without a doubt, the best trio of setters of the tier in terms of consistent matchups amongst the current metagame. Beware of the very long explanation.

Diving into the setters:

Uxie is the only mon worth considering that has both stealth rock and trick room (Carbink has been tested and it's awful) because every team needs some form of hazards and momentum in the form of U-turn and Memento has proven to be a godsend for many trick room teams even in the higher tiers. Investment in the physical side over the special side as it's typing prefers it. Uxie's defensive capabilities are only better in NU as taunt is a little less prevalent in the tier which frees up space to run an item like Colbur Berry to ensure a safe setup against even a high damaging dark move such as an Absol, Houndoom or Sneasel. Uxie's all around bulk makes it a massive pain for any of the popular fighting types to muscle through (Virizion, Machamp, Toxicroak, Medicham, essentially anything short of a banded Emboar's flare blitz).

Audino is amazing at setting up trick rooms and eating attacks from almost all special attackers in the tier which makes it the perfect partner in crime for Uxie. Something like a choice specs Meloetta's hyper voice can only scrape the pink dino for half health before it can knock it off and render it weak for the remainder of the game and while nasty plot Houndoom pressures the rest of these mons heavily, Audino at any point can waltz in and possibly even tank a +2 never ending nightmare (a roll which is 66% in your favor) and set up trick room and Healing Wish to its next teammate. Not only can Audino take hits like a champ like almost no other Trick room capable mons can, it can simple switch in to a move, eat it up, set up trick room, and regen 1/3 of its health every time proving a constant pivot/nuisance to every special attacker in the tier. Healing Wish support is icing on the cake as it can essentially "revive" any of the hard hitting abusers back for another go. Magic Coat's slot has been tested over by things like encore, wish, toxic, etc. but the ability to lead Audino against a hazard lead with spikes or some other thing and protecting itself from a taunt, a sleep powder from the two quiver sweepers, or even making mental herb popping mind games much more difficult is invaluable.

Having tested many, many Cofagrigus sets, Nasty Plot/Shadow Ball/Toxic Spikes/Trick Room rises as the most superior option for around 80% games. We all know that Cofagrigus is one of the scariest mons people keep in the back of the mind when it comes to teambuilding and due to the rise of spdef Braviary and the constant popularity that Meloetta has attracted all this time, HP fighting is quite pathetic to what a Shadow Ball's capable of. So instead of running a second attack, opting for T-spikes over hp fighting has proved to be an amazing decision as it gives Cofagrigus yet another role in its insane role compression: Spinblocker, Sweeper, TR setter, and now hazard setter. Level 99 because this team awkwardly struggles with opposing Cofagrigus when the room is up without a few clever double switches (although Audino can eat a +2 hp fighting rather comfortably).

Explanation on the abusers:

Choice Specs Vikavolt absolutely shreds the entire tier from sweepers, physical walls, and even walls (most notably shreds physdef aromatisse) and comfortable seals notable 2HKOs and OHKOs life orb variants cannot offer while avoiding annoying chip damage. STABS are needed and energy ball rounds off by hitting steelix and rhydon ridiculously hard. Sleep Talk over any other garbage like HP fire so Vivillion or Jynx will get murked by STAB if they try to set up on it. There's just honestly next to no switch ins and often teams at team preview lose to this thing if they don't carry an electric immunity. Not much more explanation needed, hits ridiculously strong.

Flame Orb Machamp muscles through most of the tier and puts in work consistently in every matchup. Even the little things like being able to soak status and being a much needed dark resist for the setters make Machamp that much more of a desirable pick. Close Combat/Facade/Bullet Punch/Knock Off are undeniably the best moveset that we all know and recognize.

Choice Banded Granbull while is in my opinion, the weakest member of the team by noticeable margin due to Machamp and Vikavolt eviscerating the whole tier by themselves, is the best option for the last abuser slot. Not only does it have a great attack, a spammable STAB move in play rough in a tier full of few fairy resists, but it is also still useful outside when TR is not out and compared to something like Rampardos, Ursaring, or Marowak both of which I'd argue won't serve any use, something like Emboar or Crabominable which is just too similar to Machamp in the way in terms of moveset and purpose, or some random tech Ditto which is heavily matchup reliant. Intimidate puts a great stop on physical set up sweepers such as Virizion and aforementioned dark types that the setters struggle with. Granbull also acts as Machamp's backup plan if it gets worn down quickly as it can put out a respectable amount while not as much as Champ can. After swapping around the moveset for a while, Play Rough/Close Combat/Wild Charge/Earthquake covers the most amount of threats. CC is needed for the predicted Steelix switch and EQ is needed for the Garbodor switch. Wild Charge dents bulky waters like Jellicient and Vaporeon like no other move and oddly enough if you knock yourself out with its recoil, it provides momentum to your team funnily enough.

Closing Thoughts and Bad Matchups:
Trick Room in the current meta I'd argue is the strongest its ever been. Losing Exploud may suck but with Tyrantrum gone, the tier at least on the physical attacking side struggles to break through an Uxie and without Exploud, Audino can eat any special attack that isn't fighting with ease. I personally do not think it is matchup reliant either as the whole team OHKOs or 2HKOs the whole tier, rather annoyed by certain cores (Steelix/Jellicent or Steelix/Golbat cores are annoying but breakable with good prediction).

The Team: http://pokepast.es/f36d6eaa473ce6ee
EDIT: OH SHIT THEY BANNED COFAGRIGUS NOT LIKE THIS NOT LIKE THIS NOT LIKE THIS. On a serious note, use Nasty Plot/Trick Room/Surf/Psyshock Psychium Z Slowking in place of cofag, it's LIT.

Last edited:

NIKES (Rhydon) @ Eviolite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 240 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Swords Dance

PINK + WHITE (Sigilyph) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Heat Wave
- Air Slash
- Energy Ball

IVY (Jellicent) (M) @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Hex

WHITE FERRARI (Shiftry) @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Defog

NIGHTS (Braviary) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Def / 208 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Substitute
- Brave Bird
- Roost

GODSPEED (Emboar) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Wild Charge
- Poison Jab

So here's a team that I've built not too long ago that has worked pretty well for me. It's based around LO Sigilyph, a pretty strong set that beneficiates from Magic Guard. Started off with Rhydon as a rocker, with SD + Rock Blast so that I don't get destroyed by Sub BU Braviary; then, I added Jellicent to check Fighting mons, and having a bulky water is always nice in the current metagame anyways. I used to have Hitmonlee > Shiftry but it gave me a Psychic immunity and still gave me a hazard removal so I went with that anyways (s/o Eternally). Sub BU Braviary was my next pick since it is a perfect check to OTR Cofagrigus, a very common threat in the current metagame and it fit the team. Ended up the team with Scarf Emboar to give more speed to the team, and it looked like a pretty cool revenge killer for the team (also checks Sneasel).

Last edited:

Okay, this team's interesting.

Ampharos has Hidden Power Grass, which can work with its Grassium Z to help it against its only weakness. It also has some nice STAB damage from Discharge, and Speed added in its EVs so that Ground types may not go first and let it faint.

Accelgor's Focus Sash is kept safe using Sticky Hold, allowing its Speed stat to be useful when attacking, even if the opponent has a strong/super effective move on Accelgor. Its 252 HP EVs are also helpful, as Accelgor has Final Gambit, allowing it to do amazing damage.

I don't have the time to talk about the others now, but test out the team for yourself if you would like to see what the team can do.

Ampharos @ Grassium Z
Ability: Static
- Discharge
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Brick Break

Accelgor @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
- Bug Buzz
- Final Gambit
- Leech Life
- Knock Off

Archeops @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpD
- Dragon Claw
- Agility
- Earthquake
- Heat Wave

Raichu-Alola @ Aloraichium Z
EVs: 204 HP / 252 Def / 52 Spe
- Discharge
- Extreme Speed
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt

Guzzlord @ Draco Plate
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Def / 252 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Brick Break

Hitmonchan (M) @ Muscle Band
- Thunder Punch
- Fire Punch
- Drain Punch
- Earthquake

Ampharos has Hidden Power Grass, which can work with its Grassium Z to help it against its only weakness. It also has some nice STAB damage from Discharge, and Speed added in its EVs so that Ground types may not go first and let it faint.

Accelgor's Focus Sash is kept safe using Sticky Hold, allowing its Speed stat to be useful when attacking, even if the opponent has a strong/super effective move on Accelgor. Its 252 HP EVs are also helpful, as Accelgor has Final Gambit, allowing it to do amazing damage.

I don't have the time to talk about the others now, but test out the team for yourself if you would like to see what the team can do.

Ampharos @ Grassium Z
- Discharge
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Brick Break

Accelgor @ Focus Sash
- Bug Buzz
- Final Gambit
- Leech Life
- Knock Off

Archeops @ Leftovers
- Dragon Claw
- Agility
- Earthquake
- Heat Wave

- Discharge
- Extreme Speed
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt

Guzzlord @ Draco Plate
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Brick Break

- Thunder Punch
- Fire Punch
- Drain Punch
- Earthquake
Not to sound mean, but this team makes no sense and is just all around terrible.
1. None of these mons have natures.
2. The EV spread and moves on all of these mons makes no sense. At all.
3. The Ampharos is holding Grassium Z, but the only grass move it knows is HP Grass, which it won't even work on.

I'm only pointing this out because some hapless user is going to import this team without looking at it, assume its good, and get blown back. Please try and learn more about Team Building before submitting a team on a forum.

Last edited:

erisia

Innovative new design!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Ampharos @ Grassium Z
- Discharge
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Brick Break

Accelgor @ Focus Sash
- Bug Buzz
- Final Gambit
- Leech Life
- Knock Off

Archeops @ Leftovers
- Dragon Claw
- Agility
- Earthquake
- Heat Wave

- Discharge
- Extreme Speed
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt

Guzzlord @ Draco Plate
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Brick Break

- Thunder Punch
- Fire Punch
- Drain Punch
- Earthquake
Welcome to Smogon! For the most part I agree with Gorechomp, but I would also like to mention that Hidden Power doesn't work with Z Crystals (it becomes a Normal-type move), and that you can only use one Z-move per match, so while running two or more Z Crystals is possible, it's usually not a very good idea. Feel free to discuss this team with us on our Showdown chat or our Discord Server if you want some live discussion and tips.

128.png 479.png 241.png 569.png 195.png 178.png
Tauros @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Zen Headbutt
- Fire Blast

Rotom @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hex
- Trick

Miltank @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Body Slam
- Milk Drink
- Stealth Rock
- Heal Bell/Thunder Wave

Garbodor (M) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Focus Blast/Seed Bomb
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes

Quagsire (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Toxic
- Recover

Xatu (M) @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Heat Wave
- U-turn
- Roost

This is a team that I actually made for the ORAS NU tier back then. It did help me reach the 100s in the ladder, but I never posted it, not really sure why. I decided to try it out to see if it can stand up to the new SUMO metagame, and it still does, which I´m very surprised of to be honest, considering it´s a very old team with barely any tweaks to adapt it to this current generation. I´m not sure what changes should I make, which is why I decided to post it. I want to hear some suggestions to have a grasp of what I should look at. Anyways. The team was built around a core of Tauros + Choice Scarf Rotom. The combo of Hex + Toxic Spikes is what caught my attention, and I noticed that not many teams were prepared enough to deal with it (at least at that moment in ORAS NU). The overall idea of the team is to wallbreak with Tauros (who was the best offensive threath in ORAS NU), to then sweep late game with Rotom thanks to Hex and the hazard support. Tauros can also sweep against slower teams due to it being naturally fast, sitting at a base Spe of 110. My defensive core started with SpD Miltank and Def Garbodor, as I wanted a check to Fire and Ice Types (she also gave me Heal Bell which is never a bad thing to have) and like I said before, the possibility to hazard stack. Garbodor was a great addition to Miltank, as it gave me a switch into Fighting Types that can hurt Miltank, whereas Miltank can take Psychic and Ground Type attacks aimed at Garbodor relatively well. Garbodor can also absorb opposing Toxic Spikes as it´s a grounded Poison Type, it also gave me both Spikes and the already mentioned Toxic Spikes, which is what I wanted for the team. Having acces to both hazards allows me to stack my opponent with the specific hazard his/her team is weak to. My last 2 Pokémon were Quagsire and Xatu. I wanted a solid answer to set up sweepers, given the fact that Garbodor doesn´t have recovery and Miltank´s bulk isn´t that great and can be pressured by powerful offensive Pokémon. Quagsire had just what I needed. And then Xatu because I never make a team without hazard control, not even Hyper Offense. I feel that having the option to remove hazards at any point in the match, especially vs hazard stacking teams, is invaluable. But I had 2 problems with this team in particular: since my main win condition relies on hazard stack, removing them with my own hazard control Pokémon (via Defog) is not a good idea, the other problem is that Rapid Spin users were limited, very limited (even now in SUMO). But then I came across Xatu, and I have to say, he´s way too good. On top of having reliable recovery and acces to U-turn to gain momentum, it makes your opponent think twice about going for any status move with Magic Bounce (most primarily hazard moves) just by being there, it reminds me a lot of Mega Sableye in that sense. I decided to go with Rocky Helmet on both Quagsire and Garbodor to punish physical attackers as much as I can, and Colbur Berry on Xatu to be able to escape a potential Pursuit trap from the several Dark Types in this tier, and to reduce damage from Knock Off, not only from Dark, but most importantly from Fighting Types should Garbodor be weakened or fainted. The only real threath I spotted so far is Z-Sunny Day Charizard, which can OHKO all members of the team bar Miltank, who still takes a big chunk of damage from Fire Blast.

Last edited:

PQD

I COULD BE BANNED!
View attachment 85554 View attachment 85555 View attachment 85556 View attachment 85557 View attachment 85558 View attachment 85559
Tauros @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Zen Headbutt
- Fire Blast

Rotom @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hex
- Trick

Miltank @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Body Slam
- Milk Drink
- Stealth Rock
- Heal Bell/Thunder Wave

Garbodor (M) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Focus Blast/Seed Bomb
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes

Quagsire (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Toxic
- Recover

Xatu (M) @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Heat Wave
- U-turn
- Roost

This is a team that I actually made for the ORAS NU tier back then. It did help me reach the 100s in the ladder, but I never posted it, not really sure why. I decided to try it out to see if it can stand up to the new SUMO metagame, and it still does, which I´m very surprised of to be honest, considering it´s a very old team with barely any tweaks to adapt it to this current generation. I´m not sure what changes should I make, which is why I decided to post it. I want to hear some suggestions to have a grasp of what I should look at. Anyways. The team was built around a core of Tauros + Choice Scarf Rotom. The combo of Hex + Toxic Spikes is what caught my attention, and I noticed that not many teams were prepared enough to deal with it (at least at that moment in ORAS NU). The overall idea of the team is to wallbreak with Tauros (who was the best offensive threath in ORAS NU), to then sweep late game with Rotom thanks to Hex and the hazard support. Tauros can also sweep against slower teams due to it being naturally fast, sitting at a base Spe of 110. My defensive core started with SpD Miltank and Def Garbodor, as I wanted a check to Fire and Ice Types (she also gave me Heal Bell which is never a bad thing to have) and like I said before, the possibility to hazard stack. Garbodor was a great addition to Miltank, as it gave me a switch into Fighting Types that can hurt Miltank, whereas Miltank can take Psychic and Ground Type attacks aimed at Garbodor relatively well. Garbodor can also absorb opposing Toxic Spikes as it´s a grounded Poison Type, it also gave me both Spikes and the already mentioned Toxic Spikes, which is what I wanted for the team. Having acces to both hazards allows me to stack my opponent with the specific hazard his/her team is weak to. My last 2 Pokémon were Quagsire and Xatu. I wanted a solid answer to set up sweepers, given the fact that Garbodor doesn´t have recovery and Miltank´s bulk isn´t that great and can be pressured by powerful offensive Pokémon. Quagsire had just what I needed. And then Xatu because I never make a team without hazard control, not even Hyper Offense. I feel that having the option to remove hazards at any point in the match, especially vs hazard stacking teams, is invaluable. But I had 2 problems with this team in particular: since my main win condition relies on hazard stack, removing them with my own hazard control Pokémon (via Defog) is not a good idea, the other problem is that Rapid Spin users were limited, very limited (even now in SUMO). But then I came across Xatu, and I have to say, he´s way too good. On top of having reliable recovery and acces to U-turn to gain momentum, it makes your opponent think twice about going for any status move with Magic Bounce (most primarily hazard moves) just by being there, it reminds me a lot of Mega Sableye in that sense. I decided to go with Rocky Helmet on both Quagsire and Garbodor to punish physical attackers as much as I can, and Colbur Berry on Xatu to be able to escape a potential Pursuit trap from the several Dark Types in this tier, and to reduce damage from Knock Off, not only from Dark, but most importantly from Fighting Types should Garbodor be weakened or fainted.
Is it an ORAS team ?

Is it an ORAS team ?
It is. I didn't have SUMO NU teams for the tier, and I never feel comfortable using teams of other people. When I tried it out it managed to be as effective as it was back in ORAS NU, which really surprised me. So then instead of changing the team I posted it straight the same to hear suggestions, because I'm not really sure what should I change (apart from the fact that I need a Z Move user). Again, the team is very solid the way it is, but I feel I can make it better than it already is for this metagame.

It is. I didn't have SUMO NU teams for the tier, and I never feel comfortable using teams of other people. When I tried it out it managed to be as effective as it was back in ORAS NU, which really surprised me. So then instead of changing the team I posted it straight the same to hear suggestions, because I'm not really sure what should I change (apart from the fact that I need a Z Move user). Again, the team is very solid the way it is, but I feel I can make it better than it already is for this metagame.
Sorry but are you are sure you can use Body Slam with Sheer Force ability in your Tauros's set?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)