Official NBA 15-16' Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The regular season for the 14'-15' NBA Season has ended months ago as the Golden State Warriors take home the title, upsetting LeBron and Cleveland Fans. The Draft has already been finished and free agency has begun, where will the Free Agents sign? Who will be traded? And of course, who will win the title next year or miss/make the playoffs?

I'll update this w/ something better later.

Last edited:
So with Ellis (and Rondo) bolting away, Tyson Chandler signing with another playoff contender and only so much gas left in the tank for Dirk, I believe the Mavs are done with the playoffs for this season (at least). I'd say OKC and Jazz/Suns will replace Portland and Dallas in the West, but obviously it's too early to make a prediction.

and damn, I don't want to see that Atlanta core ripped apart.

Dammit I was hoping the Pacers would make a push for KLove or draft Sam Dekker(I wanted Kaminsky but those damn Hornets stole him) but neither ended up happening. Oh well, another East crown for LeBron is a safe prediction. Why the hell is the East so fucking weak compared to the West?

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
  • Where will DeAndre Jordan go? (Knicks / Lakers / Bucks / Clippers / Mavs)
clippers
  • Where will LeMarcus Alridge go? (Lakers / Spurs / Blazers / Mavs)
spurs
  • Where will Monta Ellis go? (Pacers / Miami / or some other place)
pacers
  • What will the Cavs do to keep Lebron happy and hopefully win a title next year?
you pay iman shumpert 40 mil for 4 years and meet lebron's demand list to dan gilbert

• Will the Celtics, Knicks or Lakers make it splash in Free Agency?
no, unless you count signing greg monroe a big splash

Cavs are paying a total of $81 M next year for only 8 players. (Love/Thompson/Shumpert/Delly/Mozgov/Varejao/Miller/Irving) This is a total that doesn't even include LeBron's contract yet.

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
lemarcus to toronto raptors.. let a man dream

we just blew our entire load on demarre caroll so our cap space is ass. if by some divine miracle he rejects the spurs and wants the easy ticket to the conference finals then he will consider raptors as an option and maybe.. just maybe a sign and trade with portland could work. i really think raptors could be a top 2 team in the east with a legit big man. the last solid big man we had was bosh and that was years ago.

Last edited:
Aldridge to SA, D.Jordan to Dallas, Ellis to Indiana, Monroe to Portland, is what I think will happen. Also rip muh Trail Blazers starting lineup bar Lillard

Draymond Green stays with the warriors on 5yr / 85M, not surprising to say the least.

a trade announced !

- Carl Landry / Jason Thompson / Nik Stauskas to the 76ers for rights of oversea players to the Kings

Last edited:
I'm surprised, the Suns actually land a solid big man in Tyson Chandler (and probably the best center on the team since Shaq, Suns usually get shafted when it comes to centers). And if they can miraculously swing a deal for LaMarcus Aldridge somehow (rumors are he's more interested now that we have an actual Center so he doesn't have to play that spot), that is a very potent lineup with those two plus Bledsoe and Knight. Might even let us jettison those troublesome Morris twins if they don't like a bench role.

Demarre Carroll's overpaid as fuck but he's still a great piece for that Raptors team. I could see them usurping the Hawks as the team to make the conference finals but get roflstomped by Cleveland

Demarre Carroll's overpaid as fuck but he's still a great piece for that Raptors team. I could see them usurping the Hawks as the team to make the conference finals but get roflstomped by Cleveland
every team is overpaying with the salary cap rising. i mean tyson, getting $13M a year at his age? lol. might as well get the best players available with the salary cap rising, lol.

anyways, some big news for knicks fans!

- Greg Monroe is headed to the Bucks (3 yr. / $50M) - dissappointing knicks fans lol

Rumors:
-
David West interested in Warriors or Spurs; will take a huge paycut
- Rajon Rondo / Wes Matthews interested in the Kings
-
C.J. Watson draws interest from the Wizards

Last edited:

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Arron afflalo for 2 years 16 mil? That's a steal considering how much some other guys went on the market (still dying from laughter at shumpert 4 yr 40 mil...what on earth is jr smith going to get). Kinda upset that we whiffed on monroe but he definitely had his shortcomings. I'm hopeful that we can sign Robin Lopez or an actual defensive center to start for us. I can roll with Grant or Galloway / Afflalo / Melo / Porzingis / RoLo with Calderon/JSmith/Early/Greek Freak's brother/Shved manning the bench for this season.

Arron afflalo for 2 years 16 mil? That's a steal considering how much some other guys went on the market (still dying from laughter at shumpert 4 yr 40 mil...what on earth is jr smith going to get). Kinda upset that we whiffed on monroe but he definitely had his shortcomings. I'm hopeful that we can sign Robin Lopez or an actual defensive center to start for us. I can roll with Grant or Galloway / Afflalo / Melo / Porzingis / RoLo with Calderon/JSmith/Early/Greek Freak's brother/Shved manning the bench for this season.
agree, i thought they would give affalo a bigger contract. anyways, its reported that the knicks are going after enes kanter now, who's a RFA, since they missed out on greg monroe.

Meh Shump's way more valuable than Smith for his defense. I think Cavs will let Smith go and get someone a little more reliable by trading Brendan Haywood's contract

Monta Ellis is headed to the Pacers! (4 yr. / $44M) I was hoping for this! George Hill / Monta Ellis / Paul George sounds good to me!

Also, Tristan Thompson and Cavs are still apart on contract deal, hasn't been official yet.

Other News:
- Mavs interested in Roy Hibbert if they're unable to land DeAndre
-
Amar'e draws interest from Clippers / Mavs / Suns / Rockets
- J.J. Barea
draws interest from Heat

Wait we actually made a good signing? Aww yiss boys :]
In all seriousness though, this team looks really good. Let's hope this squad can stay healthy and be as good as 1st half 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)