Official NBA 16-17' Season Thread

This thread is heavy Warriors, again. Looking like last year all over again but just like last year I'll go with the cavs. To be fair though I jumped ship after the 3-1 warrior lead, not this time.

Cavs in 7.

KD giving me anxiety with this pick.

I still think Dubs in 5~6. Cavs still can rebound the loss on game 1 (and possibly game 2) in a home win in game 3, but in the overall scheme Warriors are so superior, a so much better team... Cavaliers need a lockdown defender quickly for the next season. Those mental lapses on D cannot happen again and now Warriors have Kevin Durant, not Harrison "zero points on game 6" Barnes.

People saying "well the warriors dominated game 1 last year" as an argument lolol. This year is not last year and Curry is playing at his MVP level which means this team is unstoppable. Still keeping my Warriors in 4 pick.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Barring another historic collapse, this Warriors team is the best single season team in NBA history in my opinion. Regular season be damned, they clearly have another gear that they'd been saving for the Cavs.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
As someone who gives no shits about the NBA anymore really, I stayed on the Cavs until they slipped against the Celtics. That said, don't hand the series to the Warriors now until we get to see what the Cavs do at home.

My dubs lookin good atm but still curious to see how they do on the road - otherwise this team might be one of the greatest of all time oml

For those hoping the dubs flop on the road: they didn't against the #1 and #2 best defenses. No reason to expect them to play significantly worse.

okay maybe not #2 but... enough to hold the Rockets to a pretty low total and they were still a pretty good team over the regular season with him on the bench (some silly numbers point to the Spurs being better defensively with him on the bench lol but I don't take them seriously)

The minute LeBron steps off the court, cavs defense goes to pieces. Unless James plays all 48 mins they have no chance

Also, Kyrie is the greatest difficult shot maker in the league right now. Reminds me of 2006 Kobe tbh

Last edited:

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
dunno how you don't get a foul call for being hard shoved out of bounds while driving but lolcavs nonetheless

shocking.

anyways, i really want this to be a sweep now. will put a nice stamp on this ridiculous playoffs and the Warriors as a whole.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)