OM Sample Teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metagame:
Monogen
Team type: Offense
How it works: Beat them until they die. Diancie hits like a truck on both sides, and Hoopa-U murders anything that might think about walling you. If you feel like you need it, you can even set up spikes with Klefki to hurt switches. Talonflame is there to supply a wincon- thanks to gale wings, it is extremely hard to revenge kill, and with roost+will o wisp it can even ignore offstab stone edges. Hawlucha does mostly the same, but requires a bit more support to set up. After it sets up, however, its almost unbeatable. Don't be fooled by its bl ranking- gen 6 teams are the only team that can field talonflame, so most opponents don't have acces to its best counter. Diggersby, meanwhile, is uses its stupidly powerful attacks to break walls so your mons can sweep.

Note: While hawlucha is an amazing sweeper, it only usually gets one chance to set up. Use that chance wisely.

Talonflame
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp
- Acrobatics

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Protect

Hoopa @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 Spa / 4 Spd / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Energy Ball

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Magnet Rise

Diggersby @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack

Hawlucha @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 30 HP
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Acrobatics

Last edited:

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus

I was going to do this when the suspect test ended but why not (Because #Eevee General: someone pls post in sample teams ;;)

Made good starts and bad endings? Call it a day. 500 battles? Call it a day. Got reqt hard? Call it a day.
(This is the Call it a day team apparently)

Metagame: 1v1
Team Type: Mixed Balanced Offense
How it works: Literally all right here http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/500-battles-call-it-a-day-1v1.3562837/
The Regular!

Whimbistalin (Whimsicott) @ Babiri Berry
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Protect
- Encore

レッキングアイス (Kyurem-Black) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Outrage
- Ice Beam
- Iron Head
- Fusion Bolt

GoGoPowerWrecker (Salamence-Mega) (F) @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Hyper Beam
- Fire Blast
- Draco Meteor

Meloetta Replacement
Bold Nature
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Protect
- Encore

Naughty Nature
- Outrage
- Ice Beam
- Iron Head
- Fusion Bolt

GoGoPowerWrecker (Meloetta) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hyper Beam

Charizard-Mega-X Replacement

Bold Nature
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Protect
- Encore

Naughty Nature
- Outrage
- Ice Beam
- Iron Head
- Fusion Bolt

GoGoPowerWrecker (Charizard-Mega-X) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Outrage
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Dance

Gyarados-Mega Replacement
Bold Nature
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Protect
- Encore

Naughty Nature
- Outrage
- Ice Beam
- Iron Head
- Fusion Bolt

GoGoPowerWrecker (Gyarados-Mega) @ Gyaradosite
EVs: 4 HP / 244 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Outrage

Last edited:

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Hi, here's a cool Mix and Mega team I've been using recently (currently 14-1 w/ 77 gxe on ladder, hate ladder too much to take it higher tbh, although I could probably peak/get close with it)

Cobalion @ Pinsirite
Ability: Justified
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Volt Switch
- Swords Dance
- Frustration
- Quick Attack

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 240 HP / 244 SpD / 24 Spe
Calm Nature
- Roar
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Thunderbolt

Arcanine @ Altarianite
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Wild Charge
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz

Vaporeon @ Sablenite
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Roar
- Wish
- Protect

Mew @ Slowbronite
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Psychic
- Heal Bell

Alakazam @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Energy Ball
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball

Metagame: Mix and Mega [OMotM]
Team Type: Balance
How it Works: This is a pretty cool team that was my attempt at using Cobalion. Cobalion is actually a really neat mon, and while this set may seem a bit weird (no I'm not high, yes I do have Volt Switch + SD + two flying moves), it's actually gone through a couple of changes and this is the most successful set I have come up with. Volt Switch is actually so good on Cobalion, as in the early game it allows you to bring it in, scout for the burd check, then pivot out of it on the switch. Then you come in and sweep late game with Frustration (Quick Attack for Lopunnite/Diancite mons that outspeed you, altho generally get Arcanine/your walls to remove faster mons). PDon was added as a Xern check (watch out for Ingrain, but hardly anybody runs Xern anyway, and when they do it's usually Geo + 3 attacks) and bulky rocker that has good defensive synergy with Cobalion (credit AllJokesAside for this 2-mon core, sets are mine tho), and also threatens some of the common checks to Cobalion (such as Zapdos and Skarmory). I elected to go with a special PDon with Lava Plume and Thunderbolt for the nice burn chance (same as Scald) and Thunderbolt lures in and defeats Blue Orb Skarmory. This isn't too necessary on the team though, as the -atespeeder I chose to use can 2HKO Skarmory with rocks up, so you can try Thunder Wave to be more annoying/a better Xern check, or Earth Power for opposing Primal Groudon or levitating/Blue Orb Steel-types. Next came Arcanine, which is my favourite -atespeeder atm. It can get past common -ate checks such as Heatran with Close Combat, and Blue Orb Skarmory with Wild Charge. Now I decided to add a Wish-passer to help out Cobalion and Primal Groudon in particular. I was originally going to go with Slowbronite Blissey, but then I decided to go with Sablenite Vaporeon for a couple of reasons. The first was the Water typing. Resisting Fire (which is really common with PDon, Heatran, Entei, Arcanine, Volcarona, and a few other Fire types running around) was the first one. Secondly, I wanted something that could take on Terrakion (which this can). Thirdly, Scald is broken, although I wish it burned a bit more often when I actually need it to ;-; On Vaporeon, you can replace Roar with Toxic if you want, which helps it beat PDon, however you can't touch SubCM Keldeo then, so it's up to you. Next I knew I needed hazard removal (I sometimes forget that lol) and I also wanted Heal Bell support so I could play a little bit more recklessly with Cobalion early on in the match. Mew fit the bill perfectly. I went with Slowbronite for some more physical bulk, which allows it to also check -ates as I use no defensive Steels. It also surprises people who expect it to be Ampharosite or some form of offensive stone when their physical attacker is now walled :) Psychic is just a relatively strong STAB attack for Fighting types that it takes on, as well as doing decent damage to PDon. Finally, I have Alakazam as a mon that can revenge kill fast offensive mons such as Manaphy, and generally just hit hard. I originally used the standard Tail Glow + Absolite Manaphy, however both have been generally underwhelming. The only thing is, this is my only way to reliably defeat Manaphy without sacking a mon, especially if PDon is below half, as +3 Energy Ball does 50-59%. This is the most changeable piece tbh, and some mons you might want to play around with are Hoopa-U, Azelf, Gengar, Infernape, or Latios with Diancite (or Absolite if it is faster than base Manaphy). Overall this is a very fun and relatively easy to use balanced team that has the ability to counter most common threats (or at least all the ones I prepared for in teambuilding/have battled so far lol). Don't be afraid to play around with EVs or the last mon (although I would recommend leaving it as a strong, fast special attacker that can rk Manaphy), and most of all have fun!

Last edited:
Entei and His Fellow Hell Hounds
Metagame: Mix & Mega
Team Type: Offensive Balance Hazard Stack
H-entei (Entei) @ Pinsirite
Ability: Pressure
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Return
- Stone Edge

Blissey (F) @ Slowbronite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Hyper Voice
- Calm Mind

Skarmory @ Blue Orb
Ability: Sturdy
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind
- Roost

Terrakion @ Lucarionite
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Protect
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

Victini @ Red Orb
Ability: Victory Star
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Final Gambit
- U-turn
- Fusion Bolt

Archeops @ Charizardite X
Ability: Defeatist
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Head Smash
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Team Idea: Entei is, in my qualified opinion, one of the best Pokemon in this tier, this is because of the insane power of this extreme speed, on top of fire STAB, e-speed runs through offense so the best idea was to break stall and other bulky teams, as entei can rarely pick up two hit knock outs on beefy, bulky pokemon, allowing for fat mons to use it as set up fodder, or just set up hazards on it, or something beneficial for the opponent.

How it works: Entei cleans offense, Skarm is -ate ability check, p-don check (play skillfully around w/ double switches to maintain rain), and sets hazards, Blissey can take advantage of weaker mons to sweep the floor, victini pressures p-don which typically switch in to Victini (v-create into max HP final gambit kills and makes way for #HenteiSweep), Archeops nukes with head smash (USE WISELY AT YOUR OWN RISK), and Terrak nukes with STAB attacks.

Entei, as stated before, cleans offense with e-speed. But a question possibly asked right now is "why no altariaite?" The simple answer is that pinsirite entei beats altariaite entei because of the speed it gains after the mega and the fact it resists e-speed, and the only loss is an OHKO on Terrakion, which may be a downer for some, in which case, altariaite may be the better choice for a player who wants to banish terrak to hell with an e-speed. Sacred Fire is really just for steel types. Bulldoze is left out because sadly entei cannot learn both e-speed and bulldoze, so a loss to non-mega heatran is inevitable, but sacred fire does damage after a tran's mega. Lastly Edge Miss is for opposing entei and other super effective hits.

Blissey was added for the soul purpose of beating teams lacking calm mind users with psyshock, keldeo, terrak, or any other powerful fighting type hitting blissey's still lacking physical defense. After a calm mind, you can predict a spore from breloom and increase your chances of one shotting standard loom from 33.33% to 55.67%. Watch out for roar and whirlwind.

Skarm was added because there are no common electric/fighting coverage pokemon making skarm-bliss a basic core once again. Defog should probably be on this set, but if you choose not to bring it you probably have to follow my philosophy, "kill them before hazards are a problem." That being said, i will cover the non-defog variant, but if defog is added, spikes can probably be slashed. Not much to say about spikes, and stealth rock, they are just hazards punishing predictions. Roost is recovery. Whirlwind can play around with hazard stack and faze out non-magic bounce set-up sweepers. Also, beating P-don was an essential niche every team needs, and skarm fulfills this role perfectly. To top it off, it beats every common -iate ability users that are popular in this current metagame.

Victini was the first part of the nuke core which I made to beat bulky teams, and to pick off walls allowing for a #HenteiSweep. V-create in the sun is matched by no other move, even resisted it is probably the most powerful move. U-turn is just nice. Fusion Bolt is meant specifically for blue orb Skarms, and i guess some water types. Final Gambit is a move i am proud of innovating in this metagame, what's better than a chcked P-Don? A dead P-Don. P-Don is seen as an obvious easy switch in to a victini, but, if the opponent runs 0 speed P-Don, you outspeed p-don at -1 with Victini, and a final gambit (at full health) finishes off the beast known as p-don after a min roll v-create.

Terrakion is the next part, being the only one that can set up, it likes "fluffy walls," the walls that sit there while you punch it until the attacker is tired (toxiced to death or something). There is no stall team that can handle a +4 Terrak, assuming it can get enough boosts on said "fluffy walls." Close Combat is an absolute nuke with lucarionite, along with Stone Edge. And protect is to get the speed boost from mega-ing when you attack, not after. If you would like to beat Blissey especially you can run diancite to block back it's moves.

Archeops, Head Smash.

Replays (low ladder, I don't wanna lose rank 1, lol): http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/mixandmega-327605049
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/mixandmega-327605049
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/mixandmega-327609286
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/mixandmega-327748787
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/mixandmega-327755151
HIGH LADDER MATCH(ES):
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/mixandmega-337286479

: Skarm gets two hit by head smash so go into blissey, so it kills itself, blissey lives at like 20%

Offensive rock types: Entei cannot revenge kill these, and my team hates taking rock type attacks (besides skarm, that lacks an attacking move (iron head can be ran over whirlwind), terrak beats them, assuming terrak outspeeds.

W/ thunder: although it can't switch in on anything but skarm, bliss, and entei. To deal with this just sack off stuff for damage.

Last edited:

shiloh

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Tiering Lead

Metagame: AAA
Team Type: Set Up Spam
How it Works: So this was my basic take on AAA Set Up Spam with basically every mon on this team having a set up move (Swords Dance, Quiver Dance, Dragon Dance, Nasty Plot) and basically using these to break through opposing bulky and offensive teams. Sash Adaptability Garchomp is a great lead that is able to dent bulky teams with Adaptability Outrage's, while also being able to threaten offense with a Focus Sash and hitting the faster attackers with 240BP Outrages. Volcarona was the next mon I added, as with Magic Guard it becomes a huge threat to all kinds of teams, being able to set up easily on common special attackers and physical attackers. Nasty Plot Thundurus basically can 6-0 many bulky teams from team preview, as SF + LO makes it almost impossible to switch into aside from specific AV mons like bulky Meloetta. Doublade and Lucario were added in order to give the team some priority which can threaten faster offensive teams that have fast frail attackers like Deoxys Speed and Greninja. Mega Gyarados was the last mon added, but with Magic Bounce it can set up on Phazers, Taunters, and Status mons, while still being able to threaten Unaware mons w/ Mold Breaker. This team has worked very well for me going 3-0 in AAA Open, and its a really simple and easy to use AAA team in my opinion.
Garchomp @ Focus Sash
Ability: Adaptability
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Volcarona @ Passho Berry
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Roost
- Bug Buzz

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Dark Pulse

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Shadow Claw
- Sacred Sword

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Refrigerate
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Close Combat
- Crunch

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Magic Bounce
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Substitute / Taunt

Scyther NO Swiping

Washed up former great
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Shell Shocked

Metagame: STABmons
Team Type: Bulky Offense
How It Works: Short explanation: Spam Thunder Wave and Nuzzle, chip away at the foe with hazards and U-Turn/Volt Switch and take out their counters and let Mega Blastoise and Scizor clean up late game.
Longer explanation can be found here at the RMT.

Blastoise @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Origin Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin
- Dark Pulse

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spore
- Leech Seed
- King's Shield
- Gyro Ball

Rotom-Heat @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Calm Nature
- Nuzzle
- Lava Plume
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpA
Mild Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Heat Wave
- Oblivion Wing

Scizor @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 128 Def
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Gear Grind
- Pin Missile
- Superpower

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Atk / 176 Def
Impish Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Diamond Storm
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off

Last edited:

Metagame:
Mix and Mega
Team Type: Hyper Offense/Ofense
How it Works: An offensive team built around red orb raikou. Raikou breaks anything that doesn't resist/is blissey, while keldeo beats resists and blissey. Entei is there to revenge opposing atespeed, while Gyarados stops baton pass and pinsirspeed, which entei does't resist. Garchomp is a cleaner, either sweeping after atespeed is dead (it can live pinsirspeed), breaking walls with sd, or revenging fast threats like pidgeotite Gengar. Gengar is yet another extreme speed check, this time vs altarianite extreme speed. It can put foes to sleep, ohko entei, and abuse its perfect coverage. Watch out for magic bounce, however.
Entei @ Altarianite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Sacred Fire
- Will-O-Wisp
- Stone Edge

Gengar @ Pidgeotite
Timid Nature
- Hypnosis
- Sludge Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Gyarados @ Salamencite
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute
- Aqua Tail

Garchomp @ Metagrossite
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Outrage

Raikou @ Red Orb
Rash Nature
- Aura Sphere
- Weather Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Calm Mind

Keldeo-Resolute @ Lucarionite
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Surf
- Protect
- Calm Mind

Metagame: Metagamiate
How it works: This team is pretty simple, it was built in an attempt to check the most common mons in the meta while still being able to deal heavy damage and ended up having a suprising amount of synergy and did well on the ladder so I thought I'd share it. Terrakion leads more often than not and can weaken the enemy team for zygarde to potentially sweep after, noivern was to somewhat patch the slowbro weakness and makes the team overall a bit faster while arcanine provides more speed control and valuable intimidate support. Weavile is an issue but can be played around, arcanine is a strong check, slowbro can take a hit, skarm can't switch in but lives a hit and ohkoes after lo recoil and terrakion can take koff + quick attack. Slowbro and skarm by themselves check a lot of the meta like nearly all -atespeeders and noivern. The team got me to nb1 on the ladder relatively fast and defeated several of the other top ladder players at the time of writing.
Skarmory @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Defog
- Whirlwind
- Secret Power
- Roost

Slowbro @ Rocky Helmet
Bold Nature
- Slack Off
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Thunder Wave

Zygarde @ Lum Berry
Ability: Aura Break
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Return

Arcanine @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Extreme Speed
- Close Combat
- Wild Charge

Terrakion @ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Quick Attack
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat

Noivern @ Choice Specs
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- Focus Blast
- U-turn
- Switcheroo
EDIT: Changed noivern to specs because it's just better and chansey is actually pretty rare and can be dealt with by the rest of the team.

Last edited:

baconbagon

free stabmons
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
These teams helped White Lion18 reach the finals of the STABmons Open. nice job my man

I wanted to post these teams before Shift Gear and Lovely Kiss meet their demise to leave behind a reminder of what the metagame was like. However, these teams are easily modified to accommodate the new bans.

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Ascent
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Scizor @ Choice Band
EVs: 84 HP / 252 Atk / 172 Spe
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Gear Grind
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- High Jump Kick
- Rapid Spin

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Oblivion Wing
- Thunder Wave

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
The RMT by Josh (rip ;;) and I. For those who can't be bothered to read it, it's a pretty simple team. Dragon Dance Dragonite is a cool wincon, especially with its access to Extreme Speed. Taunt Gengar KOes bulky Water-types (Slowbro, Rotom-W, Suicune), Fairy-types (Unaware Clefable), and Ground-types (Landorus-T, Garchomp). Choice Band Scizor kills everything with Gear Grind, outspeeds Rotom-W because that thing sucks, and Pursuit traps stuff like Meloetta and Latios. Rapid Spin Mega Lopunny gets rid of Stealth Rock to preserve Dragonite's Multiscale and revenge kills everything. Nasty Plot Thundurus is a stupidly good Pokemon as usual but it has Thunder Wave in its last slot because yellow magic is the answer to everything and basically replaces the idea of defensive synergy for the team. Offensive Rocky Helmet Landorus-T is annoying for a lot of FakeSpeeders and Precipice Blades does hit a lot of things hard. Stone Edge is great for Thundurus and for the people that think Rotom-H beats Landorus-T lol.
Keldeo over Gengar - SubCM and Taunt + 3 attacks Keldeo works well here, as it busts through Ground-types with more efficiency. Slowbro weakness sucks tho. At least it can't really threaten SubCM quickly without Psystrike (which seems to be rare for some reason?)
Superpower over Pursuit on Scizor - probably the better option tbh, as hitting Heatran and Ferrothorn hard is great
Roost Landorus-T - if you're not an idiot, use Roost Landorus-T for longevity and actually surviving hits and actually winning

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Diamond Storm
- Mach Punch

Weavile @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Scald
- Will-O-Wisp
- Snatch

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Defog
- Roost

Latias @ Latiasite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Roost

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- King's Shield
Swords Dance Terrakion seemed cool and underprepared for, and beating most FakeSpeeders is a massive plus. Pursuit Weavile traps Latios, Latias, and Gengar and +0 80 BP Pursuit more often than not puts Landorus-T into +1 Diamond Storm range. This is where my teambuilding went downhill. I got lazy and had a bunch of threats to cover so I slapped on Rotom-W + Landorus-T, the classic VoltTurn delight. However I'm not that bad yet so Rotom-W has the heat Snatch to stop Calm Mind Slowbro and Shift Gear users who think that their Lum Berry protects them and users of recovery moves so I can troll fatmons. It's pretty shameful but here I got even lazier and wanted to beat Keldeo so on went Thunder Wave Mega Latias. This Pokemon is so good please use it, BoltBeam coverage is amazing for Gyarados and Landorus-T and Thunder Wave is an old classic. Finally fast Stealth Rock Heatran stops Shift Gear users with the help of King's Shield and beats a lot of Latios and other special attackers.
Lum Berry Terrakion - legitimately the ultimate OM room cteam. Sadly it never came into play, or else it would've been hilarious to watch
Pain Split over Snatch on Rotom-W - actually do something
Calm Mind Mega Latias - this is one change which justifies the removal of Thunder Wave, which is rare. However, taking on Mega Slowbro is absolutely amazing, and it's a really reliable wincon with its insane bulk and ability to tank priority
Stealth Rock Landorus-T + Defog Mega Latias + Toxic Heatran - weaken Ground-types with Toxic effectively but seriously who wants to give up Thunder Wave

i'm really tired now, hope you enjoy the teams! i need sleep

Last edited by a moderator:

Metagame: Metagamiate
How it Works: This team works by whittling down opposing mons with hazards, sand and rocky helmet. The standard FWG core is able to wall most of the metagame, including powerful threats such as medicham, entei, weave, etc. tyranitar provides sand for excadrill to pick off powerful but frail threats such as noivern and terrakion that threatens this team. It also checks setup sweepers that this team sometimes have trouble against. Tyranitar is also able to pursuit trap weakened threats such as medicham from spikes and rocks damage. Skarmory forms a hazards stacking core with heatran that is supported by rapid spin excadrill. This team also bought me to 4th on the ladder at 1400 within 2 days of mild laddering.

http://imgur.com/zATy9uR

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 48 SpA / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Nature Power
- Synthesis
- Sleep Powder

Fujiyama Volcano (Heatran) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 216 SpD / 40 Spe
Calm Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Slowbro @ Rocky Helmet
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Psyshock

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Return
- Superpower

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin

DanmakuBound Field (Skarmory) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Roost
- Return
- Whirlwind

Last edited:

Metagame:
Almost Any Ability
How it works: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/aaa-someone-new.3567120/
Importable:
Scizor @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Pursuit

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Taunt

Kyurem @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse
- Earth Power

Skarmory @ Sharp Beak
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Metagame:
Metagamiate
How it works:
I thought mixed lucario + dd megaTar was an interesting offensive core so decided to build a team with it. Various mon can end up sweeping depending on team matchup. Lucario and noivern are generally good leads to try and break holes early on, zapdos is good too if you're not sure and / or predict an opposing noivern lead.

Lucario should be used aggressively early game to try and make holes in the opposing team, it can also force opposing enteis / arcanines into extremespeed which is a free dd for tyranitar. Lucario also gives the team valuable speed control against mons like togekiss if they get out of hand.
Tyranitar is the main sweeper and also checks a lot of things like noivern, slowbro or togekiss. Despite this if ttar has the possibility to sweep try to keep it at high health and not throw it on random fire espeeds or boombursts, bulk can be important (for example is can tank an eq from scarf lando T at full health). Sacking a mon to opposing noiverns is often a great set up opportunity late game.
Zapdos is the noivern check as well as hazard control, also serves as a non cm slowbro and togekiss check. Hidden power ice is to hit noivern or zygardes that try to block your volt switch.
Arcanine is this team's speed control and with intimidate, can check a lot of physical attackers like weavile, lucario or azumarill, as well as the only fairy resist on the team. It's often safe to fire up will-o-wisps early game to gradually weaken the opposing team, close combat is for heatran and opposing tyranitars. Arcanine is often a key member to victory and for that reason shouldn't be tossed on any physical hit or sacked early game.
Noivern is the special attacker, can sweep but most importantly can check a lot of physical walls. Boomburst is the move you should be clicking 90% of the time. The other 8% click u-turn on a chansey or ttar switchin. Toxic is for if a slowbro ever gets out of hand. Focus blast is the obligatory coverage move that never hits, generally safer to click u-turn or boomburst for consistent damage.
Slowbro is the main zygarde switchin as well as the only switchin to zardX. If you see a zardX, go slowbro and click the yellow color, then sack something and rk with noivern, lucario or ttar. Also a necessary check to metagross-mega or medicham-mega both of witch can cause problem to the team if arcanine is weakened.

Shiny noivern is a huge threat to the team, if you see one on team preview you'll have to play very aggressively to not lose. Keep lucario healthy as steel espeed can do a good number to it. Ttar can also tank a boomburst and ohko back. Zapdos can tank a boomburst and hit back with hp ice for great damage.

I tried to see how long this team could go on the ladder without losing and won thirty battles, lost one to a boomburst crit on zapdos and so decided to retire the team here.

Importable:
Lucario @ Life Orb
Mild Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Tyranitar-Mega @ Tyranitarite
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Arcanine @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Morning Sun
- Will-O-Wisp
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed

Noivern @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Focus Blast
- U-turn
- Toxic

Slowbro @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Slack Off
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Thunder Wave

Last edited:

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Here's a really fun Metagamiate team I've been using recently, built around countering some of the top threats and including the best mon ever--Snore Keldeo :3

Whimsicott @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Nature Power
- Energy Ball
- Shadow Ball
- Switcheroo

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Secret Sword
- Snore
- Rest
- Icy Wind

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 168 Atk / 112 SpA / 228 Spe
Naive Nature
- Frustration
- Pursuit
- Ice Beam
- Crunch

Excadrill @ Life Orb
EVs: 224 HP / 252 Atk / 32 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Tornadus-Therian @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Frustration
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Medicham @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Toxic

Description
Yes I did use Snore Keldeo. Yes I did meet the requirements of within 200 elo of #1 and over 70 GXE (altho I'm slightly over 200 elo below now, cuz I lost a few to hax smh @ ladder). Anyway, I started with Specs Whimsicott, because it's fun to use strong STAB priority, and it hardwalls Zyggy and revenge kills Noivern, two of the most common and powerful threats in this meta. I realized that this loses to Fire-types and Steel-types for the most part, so enter the meme: Snore Keldeo. At first I didn't expect this to work and was fully prepared to replace it, but it actually worked better than I could have hoped and has probably been my most consistent team member. It walls so much, including Mega Sharpedo, Crawdaunt, Bisharp, Weavile, Arcanine, Entei, and much more. I chose to use Rest + Snore over RestTalk because it was more consistent, the flinch chance was neat, it's fun, and it catches everyone off guard--they didn't expect Keldeo to Rest in the first place, and now it's killing them with SNORE?!?! Cool stuff. Next I added the TTar/Exca core, because if Noivern came in on Keldeo (which it could, easily, once Keld was asleep) then something died. TTar can at least switch in once, and while w/ Scarf it is still slower (it's soooo slow l m a o) it can take another one then kill it, or at least hurt whatever they switch in. Excadrill obviously complements TTar as it abuses sand, and also got rid of hazards with the unblockable Steel-type Rapid Spin. Next I added Torn-T, as it is fast and RKs so much, including MegaCham and TTar. Also removes items such as random AVs for Whimsi, Lefties, and hurts Slowbro. Finally, I added MegaCham as another priority user and strong wallbreaker. You may be wondering why I have Toxic--that's because Slowbro or it's mega are so common and they literally fk my team over, so catching them on the switch-in and wearing them down is neat, as it makes sure they can't do their job as well. Overall I've had decent success with this team, going ~23-7 iirc, and it's really fun so I thought I'd share it :)

Threats
This team was built to be anti-meta, so don't be surprised if some random lower tier mon can do a number on the team. Mega Metagross is also a problem--generally I have to predict around it, going to Keld on the Steel STAB then TTar on the Psychic STAB, before Crunching and sacking TTar. Then you get Exca in, and while it generally doesn't stay in, it's reduced enough that Torn-T should be able to get it in Nature Power range. It is a major threat tho, generally requiring me to sack 1 or 2 mons, and a well played MegaGross is responsible for over half of my losses with this team. One option you have is replacing Torn-T with a MegaGross counter, as while I like Torn-T and it can be useful in many matches, it doesn't mesh as well with its teammates--it's pretty self sufficient. If you do, I would probably go for Klefki because TWave support is always fun, especially for MegaCham, Arcanine to get more priority and check MGross, or Jirachi to wall it and again, get some speed control with Psychic-type 60% para chance Body Slam, then flinchax to victory ;)

I had a lot of fun using this team, and I hope you guys enjoy it too :D

OM

It's a starstruck world
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Metagame:
Metagamiate
Team Type: Offense
Importable:
Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Quick Attack
- Close Combat
- Earthquake

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpA
Bold Nature
- Nature Power
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- U-turn

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Quick Attack

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Earthquake
- Substitute

Forretress @ Custap Berry
Impish Nature
- Explosion
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

Thundurus @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Bulk Up
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Yes, I do know that there are 2 other teams, but this one uses Gyaragod and doesn't need Extreme Speed to be good.

How to use: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/metagamiate-oras-rocky-relationships.3568166/#post-6727120

Metagame: Balanced Hackmons
Team Type: Semistall
How it Works:
Latios is the team's primary stall breaker, capable of 2HKOing most common walls thanks to Soul Dew. Pixilate turns Latios into a lure set, taking out Dark types such as Tyranitar and Yveltal who are expecting a Psystrike or Draco Meteor. Spore is for Fur Coat Chansey and Magma Storm for Shedinja. Max HP EV's lets Latios barely survive unboosted attacks from MMY or Gengar in order to retaliate with Psystrike or Boomburst (this is only if Soul Dew has not been removed). Aegislash is the team's primary -ate check, with Ho-Oh and Tyranitar serving as secondary -ate checks to Diancie and Rayquaza respectively. Aegislash's role includes hazard removal, preventing Trick with Mail, and eliminating status from the team through Aromatherapy. However, when using Aromatherapy you must ensure that Audino does not get its Toxic Orb removed, or it will lose its function as the team's main status absorber. Groudon will absorb nearly any physical attack thrown at it, and can successful wall both MMX and Poison Heal Tyranitar. Thousand Waves will trap and take out Imposters or physical attackers that lack recovery. Ice Shard is mainly for PP stalling but can also deal about 50% to Rayquaza if the need arises. Audino is the team's primary special wall, status absorber, and wish passer. It's great defenses and unique typing allow it to check most variants of MMY or Gengar. As long as it's in healthy condition, Audino can check the team's Latios if Tyranitar is down. Ho-Oh functions as the team's secondary special wall and will handle most special setup sweepers through Heart Swap and Oblivion Wing. Ho-Oh can also check Gengar in the case that it carries Sludge Wave/Bomb, which would take out Audino. Tyranitar's main job is to Imposterproof Latios and handle -ate Rayquaza's with only fire-type coverage. Thanks to Soundproof, Tyranitar can surprise Diancie's who aren't expecting it and in return deal massive damage with Diamond Storm. Tyranitar is also the team's only sort of form of revenge killing so try to prevent opponents from setting up too much.

Major threats to the team include Poison Heal Kyogre with Water Spout or Steam Eruption, Protean MMY with LO Boomburst, Primal-Groudon with V-create, and Gengar with Sludge Wave if rocks are up. Mixed Contrary Rayquaza can also prove to be a problem since the team lacks both Imposter and Shedinja. Also bear in mind that against HO teams, Latios is somewhat useless due to being outsped by most offensive threats.

Notable Replays:
Could only find these ones.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-314081735 vs Heisen
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-314085555 vs Draegon

Importable:
Latios-Mega @ Soul Dew
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psystrike
- Magma Storm
- Boomburst
- Spore

Groudon @ Leftovers
Ability: Fur Coat
Impish Nature
- Thousand Waves
- Ice Shard
- Slack Off
- Leech Seed

Ho-Oh @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Calm Nature
- Oblivion Wing
- Heart Swap
- Recover
- Leech Seed

Aegislash @ Mail
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Milk Drink
- Defog
- Aromatherapy
- Parting Shot

Audino-Mega @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Sassy Nature
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed
- Wish
- Spiky Shield

Tyranitar-Mega @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Soundproof
Brave Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Diamond Storm
- Roost
- Knock Off

Edit: Fixed team type

Last edited:

Metagame: Balanced Hackmons

Importable:
Audino-Mega @ Toxic Orb
Sassy Nature
- U-turn
- Whirlwind
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off

Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Pursuit
- Trick
- U-turn

Diancie-Mega @ Pixie Plate
Naive Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Boomburst
- Substitute
- Magma Storm

Slowbro-Mega @ Safety Goggles
Relaxed Nature
- Steam Eruption
- U-turn
- Perish Song
- Soft-Boiled

Giratina @ Leftovers
EVs: 244 HP / 12 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Dark Void
- Substitute
- Heart Swap
- Baton Pass

Dialga @ Adamant Orb
Ability: Tinted Lens
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Tail Glow
- Doom Desire
- Draco Meteor
- King's Shield

How it works:
The main idea with this team is to spam pixilate boomburst and use Dialga to break through whatever Diancie can't. Subpass Gira allows you to use boomburst safely, except vs another mon using boomburst. It also allows Dialga to stall an additional turn for Doom Desire to hit. Dark Void/Spore gives you free turns to sub pass and can also be a last ditch effort to stop sweepers. Heart swap allows Giratina to be a poor man's Chansey, except it actually works better vs PHOgre. Diancie is mostly standard; sub allows it to beat Dialga and takes advantage of purely defensive pivots, and magma storm allows it to keep the pressure on even if the opposing team has shed. It can also trap Chansey transformed into Dialga. Audino provides a switch-in to status, Megagar, and MMY, but the latter two can beat it with the right moves. Whirlwind makes it not setup fodder. Slowbro is the main -ate check, and it beats your own Diancie pretty easily, but it has to be a little cautious vs -ate pokemon that are invested in attack. Generally, try to keep it above 70% so it can take 2 espeeds. I put perish song there as a win condition and a way to stop the opponent from setting up, but it's probably not necessary. MMX can cripple something and beats shed. Close combat OHKO's fur coat Chansey which would otherwise be an issue.

Threats:
-ate pokemon with techno blast, LO MMY with boomburst, Latios, Megagar with sludge wave, and Gale wings Megaray. Hazards, especially toxic spikes, can be an issue since I have no defog support, but SR itself is not so bad.

Replays:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-360226776

Been here since 2012 and this is my first post lel

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
OK so now OMGS is over (for me at least haha--almost over for everyone :P) so I'm going to do a massive teamdump of basically all my BH teams and a AAA team at the end becuz it's fun. First I'd like to drop some shoutouts to all my friends who helped me get to the semis of BH open and generally supported me throughout the tournament, making it a great and fun experience!
jeran thanks for testing AAA/BH with me, giving me a few AAA teams, and helping me build for AAA :)
E4 Flint and Lcass4919 thanks for helping me build and test for BH :D
Zangooser, Ransei, Kingslayer2779, and Quantum Tesseract thanks for helping me test for BH <3
Deathly ♛The King thanks for giving me all the Tier Shift teams rof :]
Uselesscrab thanks for helping me build for BH (and testing with me if you did idr if we battled tho ;;) and supporting me :>
Dream Eater Gengar for general nubbiness and possibly testing with me ;)

Now for the teams!
Disclaimer: Not all of the non-standard sets are mine, credits to the original inventors where it's due, but I won't specify everything that isn't mine so yeah. All teams are of my own building though, occasionally with tweaks suggested from frens <3

Choice Specs MRay Balance
Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Download
EVs: 8 HP / 252 SpA / 248 Spe
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Earth Power
- Freeze-Dry
- Synthesis

Ho-Oh @ Life Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Defog
- Flare Blitz
- Milk Drink
- U-turn

Swampert-Mega @ Safety Goggles
Sassy Nature
- King's Shield
- U-turn
- Slack Off
- Will-O-Wisp

Rayquaza-Mega @ Choice Specs
Ability: Aerilate
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Magma Storm
- Volt Switch
- Earth Power

Audino-Mega @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Parting Shot
- Pursuit
- Heal Order
- Knock Off

Chansey @ Eviolite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Parting Shot
- Whirlwind
- Heal Order
- Aromatherapy

So as you can probably tell from the name, this is a balanced team built around Choice Specs MRay am I done yet. Specs MRay is one of the best wallbreakers in the meta, and if your opponent lacks a Soundproof mon, it's getting a kill every time it comes in (with proper prediction). Obviously, Aerilate Boomburst is the crux of the set, 2HKOing Chansey and OHKOing Mega Audino. Magma Storm for Shedinja and Steel-types, Volt Switch for pivoting out of mons like Soundproof MegaBro and just great momentum in general, and Earth Power is just coverage for FF Steel-types (you can run Moonblast for Soundproof Giratina if you want but FF Steel-types are more common). SpD Soundproof Swampert-Mega was then used to Imposter-proof MRay, being immune to Boomburst and Volt Switch (so your opponent doesn't gain momentum) and not taking much from Magma Storm or Earth Power. Next I added Ho-Oh as a check to Mega Mewtwo Y, Defogger, and pivot. It also walls MegaPert, so you can prevent it from getting worn down by Will-O-Wisp. At this point I wanted another offensive Pokemon so I decided on PDon--but not the classic set. This set allows SpD Ho-Oh to comfortably wall it (+6 252+ SpA Primal Groudon Freeze-Dry vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Ho-Oh: 197-232 (47.4 - 55.9%) -- 80.1% chance to 2HKO) while hitting Kyogre and Giratina as well. Next, I usally don't like having a team without Moldy Pursuit so insert MAudino, which checks MGar/Ho-Oh and traps Shedinja. Finally, Fur Coat Chansey was added for Aromatherapy support and as a general pivot.

This team revolves around MegaRay. Get it in as often as possible and spam Boomburst. The pivots are there to check faster mons and give MRay a safe switchin. Primal Groudon can be used to clean up late game, or as a mid-game surprise to bash the opponent's team around. It's pretty much as simple as that--MegaRay is super strong, use it to kill everything haha

Moldy Tina could be used over Moldy MAudino to give the team a SG PDon check and still trap Sheddy. In this case, you should probably run Knock Off on Ho-Oh for Mega Gengar, probably over Flare Blitz. This also helps with the common Boomburst/Secret Sword/Spooky Judgment MMY. FF Aegi with Defog/Aroma/recovery/pivoting move over Chansey allows Ho-Oh to run Whirlwind over Defog to better check QD MMY and impostered PDon while still checking -ates.

This team went 2-1 in BH open. Here's a replay from round 2 vs. Haund:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-349177183

This next team I didn't use in BH Open, but it is a really fun team that is great for ladder at least (yes my ladder record is shit atm, but this team is undefeated when I've used it there >_> I just lost a bit cuz I was testing a gimmick team weak to Contrary and we all know how common random Contrary mons are low ladder).

MRay+MTTar Set-up Spam
Rayquaza-Mega @ Sky Plate
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Tail Glow
- Oblivion Wing
- Earth Power

Steelix-Mega @ Steelixite
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- U-turn
- Thousand Waves

Tyranitar-Mega @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Knock Off
- Sacred Fire
- Diamond Storm

Audino-Mega @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Whirlwind
- Parting Shot
- Knock Off

Aegislash @ Safety Goggles
Sassy Nature
- Defog
- Heal Order
- U-turn
- Spore

Giratina @ Safety Goggles
Serious Nature
IVs: 12 Spe
- Pursuit
- Stealth Rock
- Recover
- Metal Burst

This team was built around the monster known as Gale Wings Mega Rayquaza. Obviously you need a way to Imposter-proof this lol so Unaware Mega Audino was added. This also beats most set up sweepers and phazes them w/ Whirlwind or Parting Shot (if Magic Bounce) while KOff handles MGengar and cripples Chansey. Next I wanted an offensive mon that could support MRay, so what better mon to use than Mega Tyranitar? It acts as a sleep absorber, check to opposing MRay, set up sweeper, and removes items with Knock Off while bashing special walls. Mega Steelix may not be the best mon to counter MTTar, but I decided to use it for one main reason--it takes jack shit from everything Impostered MTTar does and can trap and eliminate it easily. Thousand Waves + Will-O-Wisp + Roost allows you to outstall Imposter Chansey that transformed into MTTar and is great for supporting MRay. Aegislash and Giratina were added to provide Defog support and remove Shedinja respectively. The Speed on Giratina makes it as slow as possible (for Metal Burst) while still outspeeding max Speed Shedinja which is a thing fsr (Pursuit doesn't trap Baton Pass, only every other pivoting move so this just provides a consistent Shedinja remover).

Get Mega Tyranitar in early game to bait in and eliminate Imposter. Removing Shedinja with Giratina is also crucial (pivot around and/or double switch to lure it in). Then get MRay safely in on something it can set up on (such as Fur Coat Chansey without Whirlwind) and sweep!

Topsy Turvy can be used on Prank Aegi. Aegi can be turned into FF. Haze/U-Turn can be used over Parting Shot/Whirlwind on MAudino, although I prefer PShot/WW. U-Turn can be run over Metal Burst on Giratina to provide another pivot.

Like I said, I didn't use this team in the BH Open, but it's done quite well on the ladder and it's really fun to use! (no replays sorry)

This next team was inspired by highlighter's Pixilate Mega Latios cuz it seemed really cool and I wanted to try it, so here's the team I built with it :D

Mega Latios Double Groudon Balance

Latios-Mega @ Soul Dew
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Spore
- Psystrike
- Quiver Dance

Relaxed Nature
- Knock Off
- Diamond Storm
- U-turn
- Soft-Boiled

Groudon @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Defog
- Slack Off
- U-turn

Giratina @ Griseous Orb
Impish Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Recover
- U-turn
- Leech Seed

Groudon @ Red Orb
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- V-create
- Earthquake
- Taunt

Audino-Mega @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Gastro Acid
- Roost

So obviously I built around Pixi MTios, but I (foregoed? forewent? be damned if i know kek) the Magma Storm highlighter used in favour of a more offensive Quiver Dance approach (as I was planning on using Moldy Pursuit for Shed). Cue the counter--Soundproof Goggles MTtar. This also acts as the team's main MRay check so hope ur opp doesnt run CC (shoutouts mamp -_-) but many people run Spore or Magma Storm so it's decent enough most of the time kek. Moldy MAudino appears again I use it on tons of teams lol. FC Groudon is my fogger and a decent pivot/MMX counter and I enjoy using it. Taunt PDon sets up on walls that rely on WW to check it, then just proceeds to rek everything with VNuke lol. It's also my only MDiancie check unfortunately. Dragon Tail Fur Coat Giratina is all that really beats it :e Griseous Orb helps Tina vs. KOff/Trick users.

Vs. Mega Diancie teams you have to play really aggressively, removing the PDon check and getting PDon in and set up safely. In general, spam Spore MTios early game and get a couple kills (or sweep ;]) and then clean with PDon. Pivots are used to check the fast mons and get these two in safely. This offensive core has good synergy imo, as MLatios can handle Tina for PDon, while PDon nukes Steel-types for MLati, and Spore buys set up opportunities for both. Eliminate Sheddy with MAudino early to allow the core to function at its best.

This team went through a couple changes, and now FC Don+FC Tina seems a bit redundant--FF Aegi (a set you can steal from one of the other teams here) or Prank Registeel can replace FC Don and help out against ate. Aegi in particular nullifies the gigantic CC MRay/Fridge MMX weakness (and is probs what I'm gonna end up using in future versions of this team rofl). Metal Burst is also an option over Leech Seed on Giratina.

Unfortunately MAMP ran Close Combat MRay so it ran through the whole team lol so this is 0-1 in BH Open but it performed well in practice matches and the MTios/PDon core complement each other nicely imo.

Latios-Mega @ Soul Dew
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Spore
- Psystrike
- Quiver Dance

Relaxed Nature
- Knock Off
- Diamond Storm
- U-turn
- Soft-Boiled

Groudon @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Defog
- Slack Off
- U-turn

Gyarados-Mega @ Toxic Orb
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Infestation
- Will-O-Wisp
- Leech Seed

Groudon @ Red Orb
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- V-create
- Earthquake
- Synthesis

Audino-Mega @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Gastro Acid
- Roost

This team was V1.0, and it has some glaring weaknesses, such as having no answer to Impostered PDon (relies on Infestation/Wisp/KOff/Leech Seed stalling Imposter) or PDon in general (in addition to the weaknesses of the later version of the team). Its only moment of glory was beating Flint cuz PDon OP and it won the speed tie vs imposter chans haha. I just thought I'd post it cuz its slightly more offensive and is fun as well.

This next team is relatively untested as I didn't finish it in time to use it against MAMP but it's a pretty fun team. Shoutouts Flint for the AV Tina set

Double Giratina Balance
Giratina @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 144 Def / 116 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Volt Switch
- Metal Burst
- Scald
- Dragon Tail

Audino-Mega @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Gastro Acid
- Roost

Aegislash @ Safety Goggles
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Defog
- U-turn

Groudon @ Red Orb
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- V-create
- Earthquake
- Taunt

Giratina @ Griseous Orb
Relaxed Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Recover
- U-turn
- Leech Seed

Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Never-Melt Ice
Ability: Refrigerate
Naive Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Boomburst
- Close Combat
- Spore

So Flint fucked me over in a practice match with this dope AV Tina set, then gave me the set so I decided to build around it :3 Its EVd to live PixiBoom from MDiancie iirc, so it can bop that and Spooky Judgment MMY thinking they can OHKO it with Metal Burst. Again the Moldy MAudino that I use on so many teams. Next I wanted an offensive mon (:O) so I decided to try out Fridge MMX again to beat PDon/Regi/MRay. Spore + CC is not only annoying, but it can let you get kills on some annoying mons like FC Chans. Goggles FF Aegi provides a solid -ate check and Imposterproofs MMX. Then I again added the Taunt PDon + FC DTail Tina core to check opposing PDon/MMX and generally be powerful as fuck.

Bring AV Tina in on anything it can take hits from to spread Scald burns and pivot. Use MMX early game to lure in Giratina and nuke it with Boomburst, freeing up PDon to sweep later. Alternatively, bash stuff with PDon in the early/mid game, in particular targeting and removing opposing Aegislash, freeing MMX up to clean the weakened team. Use pivots as pivots, pretty basic stuff. Eliminating Sheddy is crucial as it walls both PDon and MMX (although it doesn't like Spore).

Metal Burst or Stealth Rock can be used over Leech Seed on the FC Tina. U-Turn can be used over Volt Switch on the AV Tina so PDon doesn't halt the momentum, but you have Dragon Tail, Metal Burst, and FC Tina so PDon isn't too big of a deal lol.

This team is relatively new as I mentioned, but in the practice matches I had (mostly vs Ransei/Flint/Zang but a couple on ladder) it did alright and it's a neat offensive core to use.

This next team was a really fun offensive team I used against Thimo (and won!) and is the first team I used Moldy MGar on (yeah I'd never used it before, only a TG Speed Boost gimmick and the Gengar @ Gengarite trapping set haha)

Mega Gengar + Mega Diancie Offense
Gengar-Mega @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Turboblaze
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Judgment
- Secret Sword
- King's Shield

Diancie-Mega @ Safety Goggles
Naive Nature
- Volt Switch
- Extreme Speed
- Boomburst
- Magma Storm

Audino-Mega @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Whirlwind
- Parting Shot
- Knock Off

Chansey @ Eviolite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Whirlwind
- Aromatherapy
- Parting Shot
- Heal Order

Garchomp-Mega @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 232 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Thousand Arrows
- Dragon Claw
- Switcheroo

Groudon @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Defog
- Slack Off
- U-turn

So, Mega Gengar. I decided to go with QD King's Shield rather than Smash as it has a better matchup vs. -ate and still hits p hard at +1. Max Speed is to tie other MGengar and outspeed MDiancie before it can use a Ground move if it has that. Next I added a really fun Mega Diancie set that can beat Sheddy and pivot out of unfavourable matchups such as vs. Mega Slowbro while dealing decent damage. On this team my MAudino isn't Moldy!!!!! Unaware MAudino + Fur Coat Chansey is a great core imo and Chans handles MDiancie while MAudino handles most set up sweepers. Together they beat most MMY. Next I added ScarfMChomp, which I originally saw mamp using, but this one is moldy pursuit to bop Shed and deal decent damage to FC Chans (40.8% min vs. 4 HP / 252+). Chomp EVs hit as hard as possible and outspeed MMY. FC Don completes the team by being a MMX check and beating Chomp.

Mega Garchomp should be used aggressively to nab kills, remove Shed, and preferably cripple a stall mon that beats MGar (see: FC Chans or MAudino). Mega Diancie is so good early game, getting chip damage and pivoting around, generally grabbing momentum, making it a good lead. MGar should be used to clean up, but you can also use it to kill slower mons such as Mega Diancie before setting up. Again, pivots are pivots kek (help what else am I supposed to say ;_;)

Metal Burst can be used over Aroma on Chans and U-Turn can be run over PShot. Goggles can be run over Lefties on MAudino to reduce the Spore spam weakness a bit.

This team went 1-0 in BH Open with a win vs. Thimo and I've really enjoyed using it. Overall a fun Offensive team to use that has done really solid for me so far.

That's it for now, it's 1:30 in the morning and I need some sleep rof. Hope you like the teams/find them useful, and expect a Megamons team/AAA team/(possibly) a couple more BH teams soon!

P.S. If there is anything I need to fix/add I'll do it later zzz

Last edited:
Double posting with permission from imas:
Edit: or not

OM: AU (Ability Unity)
Team Type: Stallbreaker
How it works:
Manaphy, Charizard, and Entei are basically stallbreaking at its finest, hurting even resists for heavy damage. Mold breaker is chosen to beat unaware, but for Manaphy any of its recommended abilities such as Primordial Sea will do.
Zapdos is a bridspam check and defogger, taking on the sole S-Rank, Braviary, and ensuring it doesn't sweep, while My own Braviary defeats opposing offense.
Cobalion beats bulky offense with its powerful attacks and high speed, while still setting up to do a number on stall.
Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Drought
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake

Braviary @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Return
- U-turn
- Superpower

Entei @ Choice Band
Ability: Drought
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Stone Edge
- Extreme Speed
- Bulldoze

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Energy Ball

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Discharge
- Defog
- Heat Wave

Cobalion @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge

Last edited:

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion

Metagame:
Megamons
Team Type: Bulky Offense
How It Works: This team achieved the highest Elo for Megamons all month (1624), while being the first monthly meta I actually invested time into, I am proud of the outcome. The team functions on a rather simple concept of spamming paralysis around the opposing team and using heavy hitters in Choice Banded Ho-Oh, Calm Mind Soul Dew Mega Latios and Hex Giratina-Origin to deal mountain loads of damage to the opposing team, without worrying about the consequences of the opposing team's moves. While this team does function incredibly well, it has some downsides. With Groudon and Ho-Oh down, the rare Mega Audino can outstall the remainder of the team; however this can still be overwhelmed by Thunder Wave luck and consistent hitting of Latios's Psyshock or Arceus's Judgment. The team initially had Mega Salamence, however since the suspect I have been using Mega Latios to even more success. Before the Mega Salamence suspect, the team handled it unbelievably well. I believe I have found a good balance, however Mega Tyranitar can be used over Mega Latios if it sees limited usage. Enjoy!
Replays:
manu 11 | AllJokesAside | LaxLapras | Maleovex | Angoswag
Importable:
Access the team here!

Last edited:

Metagame: Tier Shift
Team Type: Sand Offense
How It Works: This team was build a while ago in the Teambuilding Shop, but it's withstood time. Megazard was carried by this and my other teams up to the round of 8 in the Tier Shift Open, with this team in particular only losing once (to my knowledge). The general idea is that most teams can't live through the Physical barrage of Stoutland + Excadrill in Sand. Scizor is used as a slow pivot so that Stout/Exca can get in for free. Slowking is the teams primary special pressure, as Future Sight off of Tier Shift boosted Slowking's SpA is a terrifying thing indeed. Cradily was an odd mon for the team, and I've debated its place on the team thoroughly but Megazard insists on its utility as a Water-type counter and lure.

This team allows for a few options that could be used, but I'm uploading the version straight outta Grand Slam. Options include:
  • Tyranitar + Volcanion core over Hippowdon and Slowking
  • Something more offensive over Cradily
Importable:
Hippowdon @ Smooth Rock
Sassy Nature
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind

Cradily @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Earth Power
- Recover
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Stoutland @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Crunch
- Play Rough
- Superpower

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Knock Off

Slowking @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 32 Def / 228 SpA
Modest Nature
- Future Sight
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast

Hopefully some GS players will be submitting teams soon too!

hi there, this is just my grand slam team dump :], preferably ts teams lgi!

in my first rounds of ts grand slam, stall was really really everywhere no one was afraid of being ct'ed but hey thats where my first 2 rounds were like

Giving me my first 3 wins in ts grand slam was really neat, beating 2 randoms and klang :p, the general idea is to beat stall and the best way to do it is pressuring with hazards since with rampandos it can 2ohko pretty much everything with his moveset but whats really important for this is team is removing dark types so that latios can have an easier time sweeping a weaken team after going through my set up spam I:E thundurus/clef/craw. mew only comes into play when hazards prove to be a real problem to the team

my idea of breaking stall is probably different from others but what always come to mind is Rampardos but i knew the common counter to ramp was quagire so the common hp grass lure was used then latios came to mind but it doesn't do much to stall so its sub/stored power set came to mind but then i was forced to run something that takes out dark types that are common on stall and also works as a wincon on my team so clefable was the best choice because it can easily set rocks even in the face of mega sableye. After that i decided using 2 more wincons which were very strong and very haxy which were t-wave nasty plot thundurus and sword dance crawduant then i need a amazing hazard remover and a stallbreaker in mind so mew wasn't so bad since it can defog and 1v1 chans fairly well for me.

Rampardos @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 8 SpA / 248 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Zen Headbutt

Latios @ Latiosite
EVs: 176 HP / 80 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Stored Power
- Recover
- Calm Mind

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Def / 4 SpA / 160 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Superpower

Thundurus @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Thunder Wave
- Nasty Plot
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Thunderbolt

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 124 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Taunt
- Defog

Though i didn't use these teams in ts grand slam, they have a very high win rate in tours etc.

Generally the idea is the weaken your opponent steels that threaten you otherwise like heatran, but really what you are doing is using uxie slow uturns and scizor's slowuturns for your band/specs combo to come in and do massive damage to the opposing side, nasty plot slowking does its job right by weakening steels and chansey who prove to be a real prove for the team and salamence job is usually to remove hazards from the team and provide a "ok" fighting and ground check for the team

what came to mind was a band/specs combo but preferably from underrated mons in ts, well exploud isnt underrated in any way but Tyranitar imo was i thought a combo of these can be a huge threat in ts atm but the problem i encounter was that they weren't so fast giving that sticky webs would of been the answer to that, i decided to use slowuturn and momentum so that they can come in healthy 100% to score a heavy hit on something so that where uxie and mega scizore come, then slowking came to mind also so i run a nasty plot set to break pass bulky teams fairly easily. i also run special salamence as it fits the team really well and it does what the team needs i:e dragon/defogger.

Exploud @ Choice Specs
Ability: Scrappy
Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- Surf
- Flamethrower
- Sleep Talk

Slowking @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpA
Bold Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Psyshock
- Scald
- Slack Off

Uxie @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Dazzling Gleam
- U-turn

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge

Scizor @ Scizorite
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- U-turn
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Roost

Salamence @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Flamethrower/ earthquake
- Draco Meteor

i tend to use these teams against stall and i usually win it through ~~hax~~ skill :] anyways lets get with it

its bulky offense, the idea is to hazard stack though my only answer to mega-sableye is snorlax and dazzling gleam mesprit, it can be very hard to stack against a mega sableye, you should pressure it without hazards and always keep it low with life orb lucario and life orb Reuniclus while snorlax is the late game wincon. Against heavy offensive teams playing safe isn't saving you, pressuring with Reuniclus against offense is great because 95% of the time offense doesn't have an answer to trick room 3 attacks Reuniclus.

i had an idea of hazard stack with bulky offense, then i thought our first team memeber should be Reuniclus because recently i was convinced that Reuniclus does alot to stall then i realized how broken it really is verse stall so i used the semi-trick room set with life orb along with curse snorlax because i prefer snorlax taking all the status other than reuniclus due to no recovery and all but i needed a scald switch-in. generally i always make sure i have an amazing scald switchin so i chose mega Venusaur and also with knock off since knocking off my switchins like heatran/skarmory/ psychic thinking they can switchin for free and chansey. Tentacruel is so good here for my t-spikes/rapin spin and of course scald, he is the perfect for this slot. i needed a wincon who can not only kill chansey but take out steels immediately so lucario was perfect because he can even take out skarmory at +2 and he has one of the best priority in the game.mesprit is my rock setter along with our last resort with its healing wish and its not dead weight to ground types/ mega sableye either since it can dish out enough damage with ice beam/gleam.

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
EVs: 192 HP / 64 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Trick Room

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 80 HP / 208 Def / 200 SpD / 20 Spe
Careful Nature
- Body Slam
- Rest
- Curse
- Crunch

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 16 SpA / 56 Spe
Calm Nature
- Knock Off
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Giga Drain

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 108 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Protect

Lucario @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed
- Swords Dance
- Crunch

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 SpD
Bold Nature
- Healing Wish
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Beam/u-turn
- Dazzling Gleam

finally one of my most successful tier shift team

Against all playstyles really, usually you hazard stack with heatran + Tentacruel while gliscor + Reuniclus set up on the weakened mons where Gourgeist-Super provides a decent ability not to only expose my opponent's item but can easily spinblock to keep the hazards at bay. mega venusaur is always doing the knock off spam ironically but its has a great matchup against those memestalers such as clef/chas/quag.

Again it all started with this bad boi Reuniclus man i gotta say its the shit, this time around i decided run a bulky cm set with grass knot, surprising common in these parts since i remembered shadow ball/focus bast was the main coverage but no one is perfect, then all i wanted was to hazard stack my way through so heatran + Tentacruel was the key since they provided me with a way to combat steels/fire types who prove to be problem some for this team but it wasn't enough because our team was very weak to ground types and of course urasring ~~this mon is aids~~. Anyways i always wanted to try out gliscor in tier shift since i never seen it before so i decided to use its amazing sword dance set with ice fang which allows it to drop dragons + 2 easily because gliscor gets so many opportunities to sword dance its crazy but then again i still hated urasring because its shits on me so i brought with me my favorite pu pokemon Gourgeist-Super ~~sayian 3~~ not only does this pokemon shits on urasring but it provides me with a decent ground resist and with those +20 boost its not dying at all. Unfortunately i was forced to run colbur berry to reduce +2 crunches,knocks offs etc, ITS NOT MUCH OF A LOSS.

Reuniclus (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Grass Knot
- Recover

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 168 HP / 148 Def / 136 SpD / 56 Spe
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Knock Off
- Synthesis

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 248 SpD / 12 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Protect
- Toxic

Tentacruel @ Leftovers
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Ice Beam

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 184 HP / 32 Atk / 220 SpD / 72 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Roost

Gourgeist-Super @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 12 SpD / 68 Spe
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Leech Seed
- Will-O-Wisp
- Synthesis

more will be coming for sure preferably ts/aaa/bh/stabies enjoy and <3 Peef Rimgar

Laxpras

One small yeet for man, one giant yeet for mankind
Metagame: Tier Shift
How it works: RMT: http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...ak-ts-open-championship.3572059/#post-6801135
Use U-turn and Volt Switch to get momentum and the matchups you want. Meloetta and Marowak tear through everything, Haxorus breaks through stall. Torn-T, Lanturn, and MScizor all pivot and eat up attacks.
Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Meloetta @ Choice Specs
Ability: Serene Grace
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psychic
- Trick
- U-turn

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 104 HP / 224 Def / 180 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Heal Bell
- Volt Switch

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn

Haxorus @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab

Marowak @ Thick Club
Ability: Battle Armor
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Bonemerang
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

More to come as I organize my team folders
Edit: Check out the rmt pls n ty

Last edited:

Metagame:
Extreme tier shift
Playstyle: Offense/Hyper Offense
How it works: Basically, spam setup and sweep. With Quagsire now in ou, an answer to setup largely doesn't exist, allowing sweeping to run rampant. Just click the boost and hit them until they die- its that simple. they have pretty much the optimal coverage already, but some things like the hidden powers can be tweaked.
Boosting itself isn't needed, though, as in many cases you can just smash through walls on your own. Watch out for dittos, especially, as they can ruin this team if they imposter the wrong mon.
upload_2016-5-10_20-31-44.png

Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Ability: Aerilate
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Return
- Roost

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 210 HP / 252 SpA / 48 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Psyshock/Focus Blast/Grass Knot

Ursaring @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Guts
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Facade
- Play Rough/Return
- Crunch

Clamperl @ DeepSeaTooth
Ability: Shell Armor
Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass] / [Electric]

Chatot @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Chatter
- Boomburst
- Nasty Plot / Heat Wave

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch / Stone Edge

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)