OM Teambuilding Shop V4 - under new ownership!

Metagame: 350 Cup
Service: 1
Sprite(s) of Pokemon:

Sets:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Short Description: When I played 350 cup for the first time, I wanted to use Mantyke for that godly 90/240 special bulk, and it was amazingly good at checking the at-the-time-unbanned Smeargle with Haze. In what is probably my best teambuilding move to date, I figured that Hippopotas would work well to switch into all the physical attacks that Mantyke struggled with, as well as being able to switch into Electric Type attacks for free, which were basically the only kind of special attack that could really threaten Mantyke.
Playstyle: I'm hoping for more of a balance team, but honestly I'll take anything. Obviously, this team can't exactly be HO, but I don't have any playstyle that I really prefer.

Metagame: Sketchmons
Service: Comprehensive Teambuild
Sprites of Pokemon:

Sets: N
Playstyle: Probably going to turn into pivot offence given that role that these guys play.

Who doesn't love a bit of genie spam? I don't know if there's anyone who can actually build this for me, but I needed a gimmick and this seemed like one that would work. Never played Sketchmons, but looking forward to having a go in SuMo. Don't worry about it if there's no one who can build it.
Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Stealth Rock

Tornadus-Therian @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Hurricane
- Spore
- Knock Off

Thundurus @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Substitute
- Oblivion Wing
- Thunderbolt
- Nasty Plot

Serperior @ Live Orb
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- V-create
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Taunt

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Cloud Nine
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Roost
- Earthquake

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Sacred Fire
- Iron Head
- Healing Wish

Description and Building:
This team was fairly annoying to build around, but I think I managed it pretty well. The three genie sets are meant to make a core- Thundurus to sweep, Landorus-T to wall, and Tornadus to break holes. Since Tornadus and Thundy have similar answers, giving it spore+knock off allows Thundurus to do work in the midgame. After that, however, you were rather weak to water and electric types, particulalry since the latter usually carries ice type moves. For that, I added Serperior, who also functions as a capable stallbreaker- especially if chansey gets it's Eviolite knocked off- while also functioning as a balance breaker and havinga a decent matchup vs offense. At this point, however, the team was majorly lacking in bulk or revenge killing, putting it in a bad situation vs Ice-types, setup sweepers and Extreme Speed. At that, Altaria was an obvious pick, as with Extreme Speed it can pick off major threats like Kyurem-B, Garchomp, Agility Porygon-Z, and Malamar. It also has a great defensive typing and recovery, letting it function as a pivot versus most Water and Fighting types, while being an excellent win condition.
With that, the team was almost finished. I noticed, however, that all of the mons were critically weak to ice, and there weren't any bulky Normal or Steel resists to take on Metagross bar hoping that Landorus was at full, not to mention the weakness to Fairy Bypes like Gardevoir. Luckily, Jirachi fits right into that slot, providing invaluable support with Sacred Fire and Iron Head, pivoting into Landorus with U-turn, and healing wish to fix mistakes. While there isn't any defog on this team, every mon has some way of ignoring it, from Roost on Landorus-T to Regenerator on Tornadus-T. There are also numerous ways to stop rocks from going up, like Taunting with Serperior, flinching with Jirachi, Sporing with Tornadus, or just using the free turn to set up for a sweep.

Threatlist: Watch out for Kyurem-Black, as scarf sets can force out any member of the team bar Altaria and Jirachi. Your only switchin gets worn down quickly, particularly by Earth Power or if they decide to run V-Create+Ice Beam instead of Icicle Crash. Nothing else is a particular issue, but the team is somewhat weak to being worn down even with healing wish.

Building around three flying types was pretty hard, but it ended up working much better than I expected.

Last edited:

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion

Hi Squawkerz, I have your team ready. I meant to tend to it when you initially posted the request, but I got busy and then totally forgot about it sorry :c. So I started off with both your PDon spreads (obviously). Then I added a decent Ground Arceus/Lugia check that the PDons would struggle to take down. Followed by a check for CM Arc formes in Ho-Oh. Ho-Oh and Skarmory create a decent defensive core actually, especially when paired with Primal Groudon as many thing struggle to break it. On top of that, Klefki can't hurt the team at all. After this I noticed that the dual PDon team was weak to PDon, so I added Water Arceus to soften down PDon's capability, paired with Defog opportunities since Skarmory is quite a weak Pokémon to be removing rocks especially when PDon and Deo-A are common SR setters. I then added Mega Diancie to remove the Darkrai weakness, running a Magnet Rise set to remove any possible Paradancer PDon weakness, while allowing Mega Diancie to counter-lead PDon. Mega Diancie should be the lead on any team with a Darkrai, and even on teams that don't have it, can still be a great lead.

One thing i can think of that you might want to change depending on what you see fit is:
- Counter > Defog on Skarmory seems like a valid option, as you only need one Defogger. It helps with Dragon Dance V-Create Mega Rayquaza, but you shouldn't have an issue with that regardless. That being said, access to two Defog users is amazing, and is most likely the safest option in this case.

Some replays with the team:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-455495175
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-455496699
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-455497322

Enjoy!

Hi Squawkerz, I have your team ready. I meant to tend to it when you initially posted the request, but I got busy and then totally forgot about it sorry :c. So I started off with both your PDon spreads (obviously). Then I added a decent Ground Arceus/Lugia check that the PDons would struggle to take down. Followed by a check for CM Arc formes in Ho-Oh. Ho-Oh and Skarmory create a decent defensive core actually, especially when paired with Primal Groudon as many thing struggle to break it. On top of that, Klefki can't hurt the team at all. After this I noticed that the dual PDon team was weak to PDon, so I added Water Arceus to soften down PDon's capability, paired with Defog opportunities since Skarmory is quite a weak Pokémon to be removing rocks especially when PDon and Deo-A are common SR setters. I then added Mega Diancie to remove the Darkrai weakness, running a Magnet Rise set to remove any possible Paradancer PDon weakness, while allowing Mega Diancie to counter-lead PDon. Mega Diancie should be the lead on any team with a Darkrai, and even on teams that don't have it, can still be a great lead.

One thing i can think of that you might want to change depending on what you see fit is:
- Counter > Defog on Skarmory seems like a valid option, as you only need one Defogger. It helps with Dragon Dance V-Create Mega Rayquaza, but you shouldn't have an issue with that regardless. That being said, access to two Defog users is amazing, and is most likely the safest option in this case.

Some replays with the team:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-455495175
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-455496699
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-455497322

Enjoy!
Thanks! This team looks very good, and will be helpful in laddering and tournaments (hint)

Uselesscrab How could you not have me on the team, I was the first person to ask for this when it was dying?

can you please add me to the official team.
I'm sorry if your name didn't immediately come to mind. During this iteration of the shop, you built one team in March with incorrect damage calculations and another in June that replaced the main Pokemon and was criticized by Megazard, not to mention being moderately annoying in two of my other threads last year. The best way for you to get added is to build teams that go unbuilt for 10 days and prove yourself, or at least PM me like I explicitly asked in the post.

Congratulations to dusk raimon on being added!

Metagame: Balanced Hackmons
Service: 1
Sprite(s) of Pokemon:

Sets:
whatever Mawile runs
Short Description: Found this thing on the BH VR and it looks quite interesting, but I don't even know what it commonly runs, aside that it's a Mawilite set to get the otherwise banned Huge Power, so I obviously don't know how to build around it.
Playstyle: whatever Mawile fits best in

• Metagame: Monotype (Steel)
  • Service: 1
  • Sprite(s) of Pokemon:
  • Sets: N/A
  • Short Description: Scizor and Heatran seem like two Pokemon that would work really well together on a Steel team, because Heatran can switch in on Fire types that would threaten Scizor because of Flash Fire. Scizor can also threaten Specially lopsided walls that would give Heatran trouble and Heatran would threaten physically lopsided walls that would give Scizor trouble. I don't really care what set you give Heatran, as long as it's one that would be fitting on a BO team. The reason why I want a BO team is because it's the playstyle I'm most comfortable with. I'm mediocre with balance, bad with HO, and hate stall in general.
  • Playstyle: Bulky Offense

dusk raimon

Banned deucer.
  • Metagame: Monotype (Steel)
  • Service: 1
  • Sprite(s) of Pokemon:
  • Sets: N/A
  • Short Description: Scizor and Heatran seem like two Pokemon that would work really well together on a Steel team, because Heatran can switch in on Fire types that would threaten Scizor because of Flash Fire. Scizor can also threaten Specially lopsided walls that would give Heatran trouble and Heatran would threaten physically lopsided walls that would give Scizor trouble. I don't really care what set you give Heatran, as long as it's one that would be fitting on a BO team. The reason why I want a BO team is because it's the playstyle I'm most comfortable with. I'm mediocre with balance, bad with HO, and hate stall in general.
  • Playstyle: Bulky Offense
reserved

Laxpras

One small yeet for man, one giant yeet for mankind
Hi first, I mean second

• Metagame: Almost Any Ability
  • Service: Comprehensive teambuild
  • Sprite(s) of Pokemon:
    yeh why not
  • Sets: nop
  • Short Description: Genesect go U-turn well
  • Playstyle: I'm looking for a team that's heavy on the momentum and effective with hazards. I make this sound like straightforward hazard offense or HO, but I'm looking for something bulkier than that. I want something that can switch around a lot, place pressure to switch, and wear down the opponent with Stealth Rock and Spikes. So on the team I would like, at a minimum:
  1. A bulky hazard setter (or 2) and hazard removal
  2. A volt-turn core including Genesect (because Genesect is cool)
If this is too much let me know and I can switch it up, I just remember trying something similar in UU with Alomomola, Chesnaught, and I think Gligar and really enjoying it. Also I've never played AAA but want to get into it so this is how I do.
motherlove has been building for this, but I think has been stuck fitting Genesect into what you want, and granted it is a bit difficult, but I made this
http://pastebin.com/FCZ7xnXc

I started with a Adapt Raikou + TC Gene core, as this instantly creates a very dangerous Voltturn core that you wanted, and they happen to compliment each other very well. I moved to hazard setters; Intimidate Gliscor is a very physically bulky mon that checks almost all physical attackers in the meta, can set rocks reliably, has a decent offensive presence with EQ, and continues the U-Turn theme. Since you wanted 2 hazard setters and hazard removal, the only option without the team playing itself was Rapid Spin. Tentacruel and Blastoise are the only viable spinners in the meta imo, even tho motherlove is building with Excadrill atm. It checks -Ate Lucario and Entei, the main mons that can beat Gliscor, and has T-Spikes, although they aren't great in a Steel, Flying, and PH heavy meta. I then added fast Desoland Heatran as it is a necessary Manaphy counter, and either KOs or Taunts all common defoggers, and is just a great mon in general. Regen Melo forms a nice regen core with Tenta, and is necessary to not auto-lose to Noivern. It also has U-turn to keep momentum.

I only played 2 matches with the team, but both were against AAA players and I dominated both matches, so far so good. If you don't like this, maybe you'll like Motherloves.
Lcass: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/almostanyability-456563913
Jrdn: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/almostanyability-456566822

e: under futher review, like most my teams this has a problem with Volcarona

Last edited:

dusk raimon

Banned deucer.
Hourai here is your steel team!

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 176 SpD / 80 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Toxic

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Whirlwind
- Toxic
- Brave Bird
- Roost

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard , a
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Sneak
- Shadow Claw

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Ice]

So i started off with the core of mega scizor and heatran as per requested, and i went for a sort of balance to bulky offence type of build which i think is offensive enough to satisfy what you wanted (as i could have either used HO steel or balance, there isn't really a middle ground if I'm honest) as I didn't think you would want a HO team. So for the actual team i started with SD scizor and defensive rocks tran. Scizor is standard defensive scizor and has enough defence investment to take 2 landorus-T max attack adamant earthquakes. The special defence evs ensure that Scizor is never ohkoed by clefable's fire blast and latios's draco meteor followed by a -2 hp fire. To help mega scizor absorb stronger fire attacks, and to form a nice core i put on heatran (which was part of the core you asked for anyway) and it acts as my rocker as well as a general utility mon, and has enough speed to creep mons which hit 210 speed. I then added skarmory for a vital ground immunity, and it is able to help with a lot of threats. I like toxic because i feel like skarmory is really passive, however spikes can be used over toxic. We then have excadrill which can act as a revenge killer and cleaner, as well a hazards removal mon with rapid spin. Doublade was then added to finish off the immunity core, of fighting, ground and fire (with heatran, skarm and doublade) as well as acting as a secondary swords dance sweeper and making the psychic matchup a lot easier, as scizor and doublade pressure psychic together a lot. Finally i put on magnezone to help with the lati twins as well as lando-I and also to help with keldeo, infernape and other mons which it can click volt switch on. Magnezone can also act as a secondary scarf cleaner if needs be. And there is your team Hourai it is a pretty standard one, however it works well on ladder, I got to around 1600 elo on my main alt (iRaimon) with it and it works well in tours as well. Enjoy!

Hourai here is your steel team!

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite

Heatran @ Air Balloon
EVs: 252 HP / 176 SpD / 80 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Toxic

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Whirlwind
- Toxic
- Brave Bird
- Roost

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard , a
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Sneak
- Shadow Claw

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Ice]

So i started off with the core of mega scizor and heatran as per requested, and i went for a sort of balance to bulky offence type of build which i think is offensive enough to satisfy what you wanted (as i could have either used HO steel or balance, there isn't really a middle ground if I'm honest) as I didn't think you would want a HO team. So for the actual team i started with SD scizor and defensive rocks tran. Scizor is standard defensive scizor and has enough defence investment to take 2 landorus-T max attack adamant earthquakes. The special defence evs ensure that Scizor is never ohkoed by clefable's fire blast and latios's draco meteor followed by a -2 hp fire. To help mega scizor absorb stronger fire attacks, and to form a nice core i put on heatran (which was part of the core you asked for anyway) and it acts as my rocker as well as a general utility mon, and has enough speed to creep mons which hit 210 speed. I then added skarmory for a vital ground immunity, and it is able to help with a lot of threats. I like toxic because i feel like skarmory is really passive, however spikes can be used over toxic. We then have excadrill which can act as a revenge killer and cleaner, as well a hazards removal mon with rapid spin. Doublade was then added to finish off the immunity core, of fighting, ground and fire (with heatran, skarm and doublade) as well as acting as a secondary swords dance sweeper and making the psychic matchup a lot easier, as scizor and doublade pressure psychic together a lot. Finally i put on magnezone to help with the lati twins as well as lando-I and also to help with keldeo, infernape and other mons which it can click volt switch on. Magnezone can also act as a secondary scarf cleaner if needs be. And there is your team Hourai it is a pretty standard one, however it works well on ladder, I got to around 1600 elo on my main alt (iRaimon) with it and it works well in tours as well. Enjoy!
Thank you!

MAMP

MAMP!
[14:12:06] Kris: go request a stabmons team

• Metagame: STABmons
  • Service: make me a team
  • Sprite(s) of Pokemon:
  • Short Description: ive felt for a while that mega medicham had a lot of potential in stabmons, but i dont have the metagame knowledge or teambuilding skill to build around it, so id be interested to see what y'all can do with it. i dont really mind what set, but agility seems pretty cool to me :0
  • Playstyle: idc

Last edited:

OM

It's a starstruck world
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
BIAF

Metagame: Tier Shift
Service: The one where you make a team with the below pokermen
Sprite(s) of Pokemon:

Short Description:
I'm thinking a balance team with band flareon memes and Audino to absorb hits. Webz might be good but idk.
Type:
Balanceeeeeeeeeeee

(wanna submit an inverse team for me so I don't feel useless y/y)

Laxpras

• Metagame: Monotype
  • Service: Uno
  • Sprite(s) of Pokemon:
  • Short Description: Volcanion is bae. Infernape gets a bunch of cool coverage. Nice n water immunity. Nice n grass knot/thunderpunch/whatever this runs in mono. Make me #1 mono player
  • Playstyle: Fire runs offense right?

dusk raimon

Banned deucer.
  • Metagame: Monotype
  • Service: Uno
  • Sprite(s) of Pokemon:
  • Short Description: Volcanion is bae. Infernape gets a bunch of cool coverage. Nice n water immunity. Nice n grass knot/thunderpunch/whatever this runs in mono. Make me #1 mono player
  • Playstyle: Fire runs offense right?
reserved

Reactions: Mq
Metagame: AAA
Service: Two

(IDK how to do the show/hide thing that y'all do but here's the importable)

It's a team based around Rain and Voltturn. Greninja and Rotom are my main Rain setters, Rampardos and Tornadus are Sweepers, and Raikou and Scizor form a great core for walling most Desolate Land mons (with Heatran being the exception).

I've been using this team a lot lately, (by which I mean the past three days haha) and it's good, but it has a lot of trouble dealing with Motor Drive Manaphy. Would I be able to get a way to check/counter that without losing any of my Desolate Land Heatran checks?

Laxpras

Metagame: AAA
Service: Two

(IDK how to do the show/hide thing that y'all do but here's the importable)

It's a team based around Rain and Voltturn. Greninja and Rotom are my main Rain setters, Rampardos and Tornadus are Sweepers, and Raikou and Scizor form a great core for walling most Desolate Land mons (with Heatran being the exception).

I've been using this team a lot lately, (by which I mean the past three days haha) and it's good, but it has a lot of trouble dealing with Motor Drive Manaphy. Would I be able to get a way to check/counter that without losing any of my Desolate Land Heatran checks?

Zapdos @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 224 Def / 36 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunder
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn

Metagross @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm
- Thunder Punch

Aeolus (Tornadus) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Gale Wings
Modest Nature
- Hurricane
- Grass Knot
- Focus Blast
- U-turn

Bubbles (Greninja) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Taunt

Thundercat (Raikou) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Protect

So I changed a few things here.

For one, using Primordial Sea Scizor defeats the purpose of your team, as it cancels out the rain that you've dedicated two of your team members to setting. I changed it to Flash Fire Ferrothorn, as it does a similar role but in a much better way. Heatran can't really touch it, and Ferrothorn can stall it out with Leech Seed/Protect, and also sets hazards. If Heatran puts up a sub, then you can just keep switching back and forth with Raikou and Ferrothorn until it runs out of pp for attacks you have to worry about (Since most DesoTrans run Magma Storm, this won't be hard). Ferrothorn also improves your matchup with Manaphy, as Power Whip hits it really hard, and it can stop Manaphy with Leech Seed and Protect.

The other thing is Motor Drive Manaphy shouldn't be that much of an issue anyway since you have GW Tornadus. I went ahead and changed the set to Modest as you still outspeed all +1 priority users in the meta, and the power difference is noticeable (You OHKO things like Manaphy when Modest)

I changed RWash to Zapdos as without Scizor there was not hazard removal. Zapdos also gives you a better fighting check, although -Ate Lucario really runs through the team.

Due to Lucario being a major threat and Rampardos just not being that good in general (Many scarfers will still outspeed it even in the rain), I swapped Ramp for SS Metagross. This isn't a great fit, but I'm doing my best to work with this team.

Overall, I think I fixed what you asked for regarding Manaphy/Heatran, and made a few other slight improvements. I don't think its a great team, I don't generally like having two abilities dedicated to setting weather when there is so much to worry about in the AAA meta, and this is not a very offensive team considering its rain with two setters. I tried to make it the best I could with whats given. It's not a bad team, and you'll likely do fine with it on ladder/room tournaments, but you probably aren't peaking or anything like that with it. If you do not like these adjustments, I'd be down to build a rain team from scratch with Motherlove.

e: if you really want to keep Rampardos you can, you'll just have a lot of trouble with fast scarfers and Lucario. Another option is running Drizzle Swampert --> Mega and then changing Greninja to something else, like Manaphy. <-- this works pretty well.

Last edited:
BIAF

Metagame: Tier Shift
Service: The one where you make a team with the below pokermen
Sprite(s) of Pokemon:

Short Description: I'm thinking a balance team with band flareon memes and Audino to absorb hits. Webz might be good but idk.
Type:
Balanceeeeeeeeeeee

(wanna submit an inverse team for me so I don't feel useless y/y)

turn away (Flareon) @ Choice Band
Happiness: 0
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Facade
- Baton Pass

toothaches (Audino) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Wish
- Protect
- Thunder Wave

death and guns (Sceptile-Mega) @ Sceptilite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast

wings of youth (Bronzong) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Protect

reasons wretched (Tentacruel) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 160 HP / 252 SpD / 96 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Haze

drag me away (Gyarados) @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance

ok so obviously I started with your core. flareon is flash fire because since it's band and stealth rocks hurt you won't live long anyways with poison. i ran facade because you wouldn't ever really use frustration, but facade actually can do some good damage to fire resists. audino isn't a mon that i love, but wish support on balance can be nice. knock off is knock off, and i ran twave because firstly: there are no downsides, and secondly: it helps gyarados get a sub + dd up against some things.

from here i wanted something that contributed speed and could take advantage of flareon baton passing out of bulkier fire checks. sceptile seemed like the best answer and it's just a great mon in general. you can run hp fire but i typically wouldn't because you deal well enough with scizor/escavalier and hp fire forfeits the speed tie against beedrill. if you run hp fire i'd suggest modest because you already outspeed a lot at base 150.

i added these two to give hazard control and help out audino with defensive utility. not much to say as it's a standard defensive core. 96 speed on tenta outspeeds modest/adamant base 85's like mamoswine and chandelure.

gyarados completes the team by giving a well needed win condition and fighting type check in one slot. it appreciates the flareon + sceptile core breaking down bulky waters.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/tiershift-460787346 against Lapras

Last edited:
Can I get an AAA team around mixed Aerilate Thundurus? I was thinking basically the refrigerate set with aerilate instead but if you want to change the set a bit.

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Return
- Thunderbolt
- Superpower
- Knock Off

Betathunder

alphalightning

• Sprite(s) of Pokemon:
  • Short Description: ive felt for a while that mega medicham had a lot of potential in stabmons, but i dont have the metagame knowledge or teambuilding skill to build around it, so id be interested to see what y'all can do with it. i dont really mind what set, but agility seems pretty cool to me :0
reserved

Betathunder

alphalightning

• Sprite(s) of Pokemon:

Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Fake Out
- Zen Headbutt
- Mach Punch

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Doom Desire
- Flash Cannon
- Blue Flare
- Earth Power

Sylveon @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpA
Brave Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Boomburst
- Rapid Spin

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Water Spout
- Secret Sword
- Vacuum Wave

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 92 Def / 168 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

Description:
Started off with megacham, couldn't really fit in agility so maybe Kris can tackle that. I went for fake out and dual stab, cc over hjk to avoid king shield shenanigans. I chose mach for a strong priority, but feel free to put ice punch in there for lando. Also, you can change the nature to adamant if you please. Next I wanted something to handle fairies as well as speed, so I chose scarf tran. Helps resist and revenge fakespeeders such as mlop and can usually switch into fairies like sylveon bar judgment ground variants. Next I wanted a fakespeeder of my own, and sylveon is just so nice since pixispeed and boom hits like a truck on everything. Helps get rid of fighting types and most bulky psychics like mbro and celebi. Added keldeo as a reliable nuke, mainly for landorus-t which stops medi but keld is just so good in general. Landorus was added as a more reliable fakespeed deterrant, with intimidate and helmet working nicely to subdue most physical attackers. Lastly I added amoonguss as a glue for keldeo, fairies, spore, and serperior. I recommend using this to scout for sylveon judgments if it has it, and then making more aggressive doubles to trans from there.

Hope you enjoy!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)