Resource OM Teambuilding Shop

i fairly like that idea since that sounds fairly reliable compared to stonedge or giga which can miss. also nearly every zard y at least runs air slash

Metagame: Mix and Mega

Service: 2

Team:

Sets:
Alakazam @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Magic Guard
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Breloom @ Banettite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Seed Bomb
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Spore

Golisopod @ Aggronite
Ability: Emergency Exit
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Leech Life
- Liquidation
- Rock Slide
- Sucker Punch

Tapu Koko @ Sceptilite
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Terrakion @ Pinsirite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Return
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

Toxapex @ Latiasite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Haze
- Recover

Description: The team as a whole works well, and when one of the three cleaners, Tapu Koko, Alakazam, and Breloom, get into the game, the results are usually positive. The main problem with the team is that it is relatively hard to get them in safely without wasting either Golisopod or Terrakion, due to the team being so frail. On top of that, both of my defensive pokemon, Golisopod and Toxapex, are essentially walls, due to their lack of firepower. All in all, the team has a huge problem late game, since at least one of the cleaners has to be used early to pick off opposing sweepers, and the team usually falls apart if the opposing team has a set-up sweeper, because Toxapex has no ability to deal any damage in a one-on-one situation, and Golisopod's awful ability not only weakens him to low health, but switches him out, even though my plan was to get him into the game.

Playstyle: Even though I would prefer some sort of Balanced Offense, due to the fact that either some pokemon have to be changed, or that some sets of existing pokemon have to be changed, whatever would fit the new team would most likely be best.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Metagame: Anything Goes
Service: 1

Sets: Choice Band or Specs if that's a thing.
Short Description: I'm tired of using Thimos Psyspam offense on ladder and on my down time I'd like something else to use that isn't a sample team. It'll also be fun for when I'm laddering with the pals in call and get the perspective of the builder.
Playstyle: Offense, nothing too specific whatever you guys think best. No rush either.

I wanna give the builders a bit of a creative challenge.

Metagame: Balanced Hackmons
Sprite:

Sets: Either...

Absol-Mega @ Focus Sash
Ability: Dazzling
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Power Trip / Darkest Lariat / Knock Off
- Shell Smash
- Close Combat
-

OR

Absol-Mega @ Choice Band
Ability: Tough Claws / Tinted Lens
Jolly Nature
- Darkest Lariat / Knock Off
- U-turn
-
-

Playstyle: Preferably anything but hyper offense but, well, will settle for that.

Short Description: Might not be short here, and I can hear a groan or a sigh or a "seriously" or something coming from the BH builders. So uh, hear me out. Yes, this is definitely a niche Pokemon, but something I've wanted to try. But between the holidays and my uber slow team building process, its gonna take me forever to get around to making a team that can support it.

Anyway, two theoried sets. The first one is the "main" one. "Rumors, that's just a Sashsmash sweeper" I hear you say. I know! It's a fast STAB Power Trip with power comparable to its bulkier brethren, speed on par with Diancie and Rayquaza. "But its so frail!" I hear next. That's the point~ Aside from its super fraility not giving a crap about defense drops, Absol, so long as Sash is intact, can trivially OHKO its Imposter with Close Combat. No rolls, no set-up for it, no need for Knock Off, just one shot the sucker and move on to clean out the rest of the team. In X/Y and ORAS, Absol's biggest weakness was priority so Dazzling should give this idea a new chance. "Can't T-Tar do that with Close Combat?" Actually, no! T-Tar's Close Combat only does ~70% to Imposter Chansey when Eviolite is intact whereas Absol doesn't care if the Eviolite is there or not. Additionally, Absol can drop its defense EVs entirely and switch to Play Rough if it wants Fairy coverage and still score the OHKO on Imposter! Anyway, adjust the coverage as needed, I'm not picky!

But uhh, basically, a Dazzlesashsmash sweeper who kills its own Imposter but probably needs a good bit of team support. It looks functional on paper at the very least, albeit definitely not something for most teams.

The alternative set? Even more theoryness and probably less effective, but who knows? Simply a Choice Band wall breaker of sorts, maybe. Or just something that hits rather hard. This one I'm really less sure about and, since I'm not crazy enough to ask for a team for each set, I won't mind if you guys just roll your eyes at that one and ignore it since Dark REALLY needs a good physical STAB stronger than base 85. Darkest Lariat is an upgrade to Crunch but... its still probably not strong enough to carry this idea.

I mostly promise that future requests will most likely be more sane. I just figure I'd give you guys a challenge to work with and totally not use this as an opportunity to speed up some research on one of my planned experiments.

MAMP

MAMP!
I wanna give the builders a bit of a creative challenge.

Metagame: Balanced Hackmons
Sprite:

Sets: Either...

Absol-Mega @ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
- Power Trip / Darkest Lariat / Knock Off
- Shell Smash
- Close Combat
-

OR

Absol-Mega @ Choice Band
Ability: Tough Claws / Tinted Lens
Jolly Nature
- Darkest Lariat / Knock Off
- U-turn
-
-

Playstyle: Preferably anything but hyper offense but, well, will settle for that.

Short Description: Might not be short here, and I can hear a groan or a sigh or a "seriously" or something coming from the BH builders. So uh, hear me out. Yes, this is definitely a niche Pokemon, but something I've wanted to try. But between the holidays and my uber slow team building process, its gonna take me forever to get around to making a team that can support it.

Anyway, two theoried sets. The first one is the "main" one. "Rumors, that's just a Sashsmash sweeper" I hear you say. I know! It's a fast STAB Power Trip with power comparable to its bulkier brethren, speed on par with Diancie and Rayquaza. "But its so frail!" I hear next. That's the point~ Aside from its super fraility not giving a crap about defense drops, Absol, so long as Sash is intact, can trivially OHKO its Imposter with Close Combat. No rolls, no set-up for it, no need for Knock Off, just one shot the sucker and move on to clean out the rest of the team. In X/Y and ORAS, Absol's biggest weakness was priority so Dazzling should give this idea a new chance. "Can't T-Tar do that with Close Combat?" Actually, no! T-Tar's Close Combat only does ~70% to Imposter Chansey when Eviolite is intact whereas Absol doesn't care if the Eviolite is there or not. Additionally, Absol can drop its defense EVs entirely and switch to Play Rough if it wants Fairy coverage and still score the OHKO on Imposter! Anyway, adjust the coverage as needed, I'm not picky!

But uhh, basically, a Dazzlesashsmash sweeper who kills its own Imposter but probably needs a good bit of team support. It looks functional on paper at the very least, albeit definitely not something for most teams.

The alternative set? Even more theoryness and probably less effective, but who knows? Simply a Choice Band wall breaker of sorts, maybe. Or just something that hits rather hard. This one I'm really less sure about and, since I'm not crazy enough to ask for a team for each set, I won't mind if you guys just roll your eyes at that one and ignore it since Dark REALLY needs a good physical STAB stronger than base 85. Darkest Lariat is an upgrade to Crunch but... its still probably not strong enough to carry this idea.

I mostly promise that future requests will most likely be more sane. I just figure I'd give you guys a challenge to work with and totally not use this as an opportunity to speed up some research on one of my planned experiments.
reserving this, looks interesting

• Metagame: Mix and Mega
  • Service: 2) Tune Up
  • Pokemon:
  • Sets:
Tapu Koko @ Lucarionite
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Nature's Madness

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Fire Punch
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Golisopod @ Blue Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Leech Life
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance

Zapdos @ Venusaurite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Volt Switch
- Roost
- Toxic

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
Timid Nature
- Perish Song
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute
- Protect

Weavile @ Glalitite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Feint
- Return
- Low Kick

• Short Description: The team struggles once it reaches the mid ladder. There is very little on the team that can take a hit well, and Blue Orb Golisopod can wreck my team once Groudon goes down. Perish trapping Gengar is extremely effective when it works, but when it doesn't essentially wastes a spot on my team.
  • Playstyle: Balanced offense

Metagame: BH

Regigegus (Regigigas) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Facade
- Thousand Arrows
- King's Shield

Shadow of a Doubt (Marshadow) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Adaptability
Jolly Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Spikes

Lotso Huggin Bear (Zygarde-Complete) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Haze
- Core Enforcer
- Roost
- U-turn

Bishop (Audino-Mega) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Shore Up
- Parting Shot
- Knock Off

Momma (Chansey) @ Eviolite
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Bold Nature
- Haze
- Milk Drink
- Aromatherapy
- Metal Burst

Ra-Ra the noisy lion (Solgaleo) @ Assault Vest
Careful Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Nuzzle

This is a team based around using adaptability Marshadow to beat everything stopping Regi from spamming it’s stab move, using the idea I copied from OU of using a mon that forces switches to set up spikes. Marshadow also functions as a really good revenge killer. ziggy is in the back as it imposterproofs regi and Marshadow really well. Magic bounce Audino is my normalise Gengar counter and forms a solid volt turn core with Zygod, Marshadow, and solgaleo, who is my main psychic check, and runs nuzzle as regi is a relatively slow sweeper. Chansey is Chansey. It revenges something and kills it.

The main issue with this team is Marshadow isn’t punching the holes it should, failing to 2hko fur coat steel types. My team is weak to fur coat in general. Another issue is power trip sweepers. A simple shell smash yveltal does around 74 percent to Zygarde at plus three. I am also really over reliant on Zygarde to counter physical attackers. Whenever it dies I basically lose to their sweeper.

• Metagame: AAA
  • Service: 1
  • Sprite(s) of Pokemon:
    (replace klinklang with another offensive steel if too unviable)
  • Short Description: haven't been good at making AAA teams for some reason, and need help making a good team for laddering and learning the meta more. Naganadel was released recently and seems pretty good with Adaptability or Sheer Force, and Klinklang adds a setup mon that can set up with Shift Gear and do heavy damage with Technician or Tinted Lens Gear Grind.
  • Playstyle: some kind of offense
thanks!

edit: Mind Blown + Magic Guard Doesn't work, replacing my Blacephalon submission

Last edited:
Hey, Ill be taking this team. Ill try and preserve as many of the Mons as possible, while optimizing for the perceived goal of the team; that is, a balance witha solid defensive core that exchanges weaknesses for some common threats for being extremely solid against what it does cover ina limited number of slots.
Metagame: Mix and Mega

Team:

Sets:
Alakazam @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Breloom @ Banettite
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
- Seed Bomb
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Spore

Golisopod @ Aggronite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Leech Life
- Liquidation
- Rock Slide
- Sucker Punch

Tapu Koko @ Sceptilite
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Terrakion @ Pinsirite
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Return
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

Toxapex @ Latiasite
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Haze
- Recover

Description: The team as a whole works well, and when one of the three cleaners, Tapu Koko, Alakazam, and Breloom, get into the game, the results are usually positive. The main problem with the team is that it is relatively hard to get them in safely without wasting either Golisopod or Terrakion, due to the team being so frail. On top of that, both of my defensive pokemon, Golisopod and Toxapex, are essentially walls, due to their lack of firepower. All in all, the team has a huge problem late game, since at least one of the cleaners has to be used early to pick off opposing sweepers, and the team usually falls apart if the opposing team has a set-up sweeper, because Toxapex has no ability to deal any damage in a one-on-one situation, and Golisopod's awful ability not only weakens him to low health, but switches him out, even though my plan was to get him into the game.

Playstyle: Even though I would prefer some sort of Balanced Offense, due to the fact that either some pokemon have to be changed, or that some sets of existing pokemon have to be changed, whatever would fit the new team would most likely be best.
The first change is Alakazam. Alakazam is unfortunately outclassed by two different psychic types, but while Tapu lele is a solid Pokemon it's just not nearly as good a fit as Deoxys-S. Deoxys loves the defensive core, as it lets it just drop a psycho boost and then switch whenever something forces it out, and frees it from having to make nearly as many predictions to suceed:

Deoxys-S @ Pidgeotite
Timid Nature
- Psycho boost
- Focus Blast
- Zap Cannon
- Nasty Plot

Next up comes Breloom. Prankster spore is nice, but with the abundance of magic bouncers and -atespeed it becomes much less affective, especially since you have an electric surge user. As such, I'm going to reccomend you run Kartana or Zygarde. Both cover different parts of this niche; Kartana is a worse Primal groudon check, but still checks blissey and gives the nice offensive grass type with speed control that breloom offered. Zygarde, on the other hand, improves the priority. I personally suggest Zygarde here, and that's what I'll be buildign around, but if you ever want to revary this on your own ro decide that you really liked having a grass type that pressures blissey its definitally an option.

Zygarde @ Altarianite
Ability: Aura Break
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Dance
- Thousand Arrows
- Frustration

Next over golisopod, we runa more defensive steel type; unlike Golisopod, it gives you a valuable check to Psyspam and an answer to Xerneas as well as 1v1ing numerous threats to your team. This allows us to keep the last three mons almost entirely intact, as it patches up pretty much all of tje weaknesses in the defensive core made by Toxapex+Golisopod. If you prefer, Both Venusaurite and more specially invested sets are viable, but the drop in bulk is noticable.

Magearna @ Sablenite
Ability: Soul Heart
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Volt Switch
- Fleur Cannon
- Heart Swap
- Pain Split

With Tapu Koko, we will be swapping out the useless Sceptilite for a stronger Lucarionite, which allows us to power past a bunch of threats we couldnt otherwise touch. This does leave it outsped by Diancite Tapu Lele, but the addition of Magearna and Deoxys-S will already mitigate that greatly; if its a concern in your games, however, Absolite is an option. if you do decide to run absolite and want to make up for the lack of firepower, consider moving the lucarionite to Terrakion and giving it close combat over return.

Tapu Koko @ Lucarionite
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Grass Knot
- Volt Switch / U-turn / Natures Madness

With terrakion, we get a ground immunity; this allows it to take on any pinsirite Zygarde that lack outrage much more reliably, and allows terrakion to surpise the likes of Kartana, Arceus-Ground, and Primal Groudon. Roar. however, is just not really useful at all for it; we'll be swapping that out for swords dance so it can wallbreak and clean.

Terrakion @ Pinsirite
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Return
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock
Toxapex is completely fine as it is.

Toxapex @ Latiasite
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Haze
- Recover

The importable:

Last edited:
  • Metagame: Mix and Mega
  • Service: 2) Tune Up
  • Pokemon:
  • Sets:
Tapu Koko @ Lucarionite
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Nature's Madness

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Adamant Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Fire Punch
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Golisopod @ Blue Orb
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Leech Life
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance

Zapdos @ Venusaurite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Volt Switch
- Roost
- Toxic

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Timid Nature
- Perish Song
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute
- Protect

Weavile @ Glalitite
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Feint
- Return
- Low Kick

• Short Description: The team struggles once it reaches the mid ladder. There is very little on the team that can take a hit well, and Blue Orb Golisopod can wreck my team once Groudon goes down. Perish trapping Gengar is extremely effective when it works, but when it doesn't essentially wastes a spot on my team.
  • Playstyle: Balanced offense
I apologize for my poor rate last time, essentially changing up the entire team, however, this looks a bit better to navigate around. First of all, I see a considerable weakness to opposing Tapu Lele, as once it manages to get in, nothing switches into it, and there is nothing faster to revenge kill it. This team also seems to struggle with opposing Swords Dance Groudon-Primal, as Stone Edge quite happily hits Golisopod for large amounts of damage and can chew through the team once it manages to get a Rock Polish up, making the team rather passive. As such, since you request a balanced offense team, I would suggest that reinforcing your defensive core is integral for this team to work.

Groudon-Primal: Swords Dance > Fire Punch

Whilst Fire Punch might be easy to click against defensive threats, it hardly hits anything that Precipice Blades + Stone Edge don't usually cover. Therefore, Swords Dance is a nice addition to the team as it can help break down opposing defensive cores after Pokemon such as Arceus-Ground are removed.

Gothitelle > Gengar-Mega

Gothitelle @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Taunt

In the case of this team, looking for something with more general utility such as Gothitelle may suit your team better, as Gengar-Mega does not have the ability to trap relevant support Arceus formes, bar Arceus-Ghost. This can heavily support the rest of your team members such as Groudon-Primal, which are much better at breaking down and pressuring opposing walls with this Pokemon on the bench. Due to its defensive capabilities and Shadow Tag, it is able to trap and remove Sablenite Blissey and Arceus-Ground specifically, two very strong and common core Pokemon that appear on many other balance based teams. This also helps out Tapu Koko, which now has one less wall it has to worry about.

Tapu Koko: Diancite > Lucarionite, Grass Knot > Nature's Madness

Grass Knot on Diancite Tapu Koko allows you to do significant damage to Grass-types, notably Groudon-Primal, where offensive variants are 2HKO'd after Stealth Rock.
252 SpA Tapu Koko Grass Knot (120 BP) vs. 168 HP / 36 SpD Groudon-Primal: 157-185 (40.9 - 48.3%) -- 68% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
Pidgeotite also pulls similar damage to Lucarionite on its main moves, mainly due to being able to utilize Thunder. Lucarionite is still an option, however, since you do not have anything taking your Pidgeotite slot, I moved it to Tapu Koko to enhance the damage it can do to Groudon-Primal.

Golisopod: Drill Run > Leech Life

This is a fun little tool Golisopod got from US/UM that allows it to actually hit Red Orb users under sun.

Your next problem lies in the fact that you have no priority checks for Pokemon such as Zygarde. Whilst you do have a rather fast paced team with priority itself, it cannot stop Zygarde from snowballing easily. So, despite the large change, I would recommend this to your team:

Metagrossite Kartana > Weavile

Kartana allows you to beat +1 Altarianite variants of Zygarde as well as giving you a clear wincon, which is fairly easy to utilize. Do note that Kartana cannot deal with SubCoil variants of Pinsirite Zygarde, so you must scout for the set with Zapdos before utilizing Kartana to beat it.

Zapdos: HP Ice > Toxic
In this instance, HP Ice is required to win the matchup vs Pinsirite Zygarde, which can happily deal with your team otherwise, having a great matchup versus everything but Zapdos. You should utilize Zapdos to scout for Zygarde's set, as if it is Altarianite it will want to Mega Evolve immediately to avoid being hit by HP Ice, which allieviates the matchup versus it entirely.

Arceus-Ghost > Zapdos

I had difficulties trying to fit a check to Kartana, Zygarde and PDon in all at once to alleviate the Stone Edge weakness you had, so I felt the need to swap Zapdos out for Arceus-Ghost, another defogger which cannot be trapped by Gothitelle which can check similar things to Zapdos. Unfortunately this means that it is rather difficult to scout for Zygarde's set, as Pinsirite may be able to beat it anyway if you do not opt to run Ice Beam. Toxic helps out versus other Support Arceus formes and Ho-oh, which can potentially clean this team if this were not the case.

Tapu Koko @ Diancite
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Grass Knot

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Adamant Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Golisopod @ Blue Orb
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Drill Run
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance

Arceus-Ghost @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spe
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Toxic
- Defog
- Recover

Gothitelle @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Taunt

Kartana @ Metagrossite
Ability: Beast Boost
Jolly Nature
- Smart Strike
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Swords Dance

As you wished for, this team utilizes Shadow Tag to the best it can to remove potential walls and sweep with a variety of threats, which all synergize to take down what they might fear theirselves. Have fun with this rate!

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7mixandmega-662896806
had a piss around with M'joe'ra's Stakataka team, these were the results

Last edited:
Hey, Ill be taking this team. Ill try and preserve as many of the Mons as possible, while optimizing for the perceived goal of the team; that is, a balance witha solid defensive core that exchanges weaknesses for some common threats for being extremely solid against what it does cover ina limited number of slots.

The first change is Alakazam. Alakazam is unfortunately outclassed by two different psychic types, but while Tapu lele is a solid Pokemon it's just not nearly as good a fit as Deoxys-S. Deoxys loves the defensive core, as it lets it just drop a psycho boost and then switch whenever something forces it out, and frees it from having to make nearly as many predictions to suceed:

Deoxys-S @ Pidgeotite
Timid Nature
- Psycho boost
- Focus Blast
- Zap Cannon
- Nasty Plot

Next up comes Breloom. Prankster spore is nice, but with the abundance of magic bouncers and -atespeed it becomes much less affective, especially since you have an electric surge user. As such, I'm going to reccomend you run Kartana or Zygarde. Both cover different parts of this niche; Kartana is a worse Primal groudon check, but still checks blissey and gives the nice offensive grass type with speed control that breloom offered. Zygarde, on the other hand, improves the priority. I personally suggest Zygarde here, and that's what I'll be buildign around, but if you ever want to revary this on your own ro decide that you really liked having a grass type that pressures blissey its definitally an option.

Zygarde @ Altarianite
Ability: Aura Break
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Dance
- Thousand Arrows
- Frustration

Next over golisopod, we runa more defensive steel type; unlike Golisopod, it gives you a valuable check to Psyspam and an answer to Xerneas as well as 1v1ing numerous threats to your team. This allows us to keep the last three mons almost entirely intact, as it patches up pretty much all of tje weaknesses in the defensive core made by Toxapex+Golisopod. If you prefer, Both Venusaurite and more specially invested sets are viable, but the drop in bulk is noticable.

Magearna @ Sablenite
Ability: Soul Heart
Sassy Nature
- Volt Switch
- Fleur Cannon
- Heart Swap
- Pain Split

With Tapu Koko, we will be swapping out the useless Sceptilite for a stronger Lucarionite, which allows us to power past a bunch of threats we couldnt otherwise touch. This does leave it outsped by Diancite Tapu Lele, but the addition of Magearna and Deoxys-S will already mitigate that greatly; if its a concern in your games, however, Absolite is an option. if you do decide to run absolite and want to make up for the lack of firepower, consider moving the lucarionite to Terrakion and giving it close combat over return.

Tapu Koko @ Lucarionite
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Grass Knot
- Volt Switch / U-turn / Natures Madness

With terrakion, we get a ground immunity; this allows it to take on any pinsirite Zygarde that lack outrage much more reliably, and allows terrakion to surpise the likes of Kartana, Arceus-Ground, and Primal Groudon. Roar. however, is just not really useful at all for it; we'll be swapping that out for swords dance so it can wallbreak and clean.

Terrakion @ Pinsirite
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Return
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock
Toxapex is completely fine as it is.

Toxapex @ Latiasite
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Haze
- Recover

The importable:
Thanks a lot for the help. I got pretty high on the ladder, but the team just fell off. This is really appreciated.

I apologize for my poor rate last time, essentially changing up the entire team, however, this looks a bit better to navigate around. First of all, I see a considerable weakness to opposing Tapu Lele, as once it manages to get in, nothing switches into it, and there is nothing faster to revenge kill it. This team also seems to struggle with opposing Swords Dance Groudon-Primal, as Stone Edge quite happily hits Golisopod for large amounts of damage and can chew through the team once it manages to get a Rock Polish up, making the team rather passive. As such, since you request a balanced offense team, I would suggest that reinforcing your defensive core is integral for this team to work.

Groudon-Primal: Swords Dance > Fire Punch

Whilst Fire Punch might be easy to click against defensive threats, it hardly hits anything that Precipice Blades + Stone Edge don't usually cover. Therefore, Swords Dance is a nice addition to the team as it can help break down opposing defensive cores after Pokemon such as Arceus-Ground are removed.

Gothitelle > Gengar-Mega

Gothitelle @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Taunt

In the case of this team, looking for something with more general utility such as Gothitelle may suit your team better, as Gengar-Mega does not have the ability to trap relevant support Arceus formes, bar Arceus-Ghost. This can heavily support the rest of your team members such as Groudon-Primal, which are much better at breaking down and pressuring opposing walls with this Pokemon on the bench. Due to its defensive capabilities and Shadow Tag, it is able to trap and remove Sablenite Blissey and Arceus-Ground specifically, two very strong and common core Pokemon that appear on many other balance based teams. This also helps out Tapu Koko, which now has one less wall it has to worry about.

Tapu Koko: Diancite > Lucarionite, Grass Knot > Nature's Madness

Grass Knot on Diancite Tapu Koko allows you to do significant damage to Grass-types, notably Groudon-Primal, where offensive variants are 2HKO'd after Stealth Rock.
252 SpA Tapu Koko Grass Knot (120 BP) vs. 168 HP / 36 SpD Groudon-Primal: 157-185 (40.9 - 48.3%) -- 68% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
Pidgeotite also pulls similar damage to Lucarionite on its main moves, mainly due to being able to utilize Thunder. Lucarionite is still an option, however, since you do not have anything taking your Pidgeotite slot, I moved it to Tapu Koko to enhance the damage it can do to Groudon-Primal.

Golisopod: Drill Run > Leech Life

This is a fun little tool Golisopod got from US/UM that allows it to actually hit Red Orb users under sun.

Your next problem lies in the fact that you have no priority checks for Pokemon such as Zygarde. Whilst you do have a rather fast paced team with priority itself, it cannot stop Zygarde from snowballing easily. So, despite the large change, I would recommend this to your team:

Metagrossite Kartana > Weavile

Kartana allows you to beat +1 Altarianite variants of Zygarde as well as giving you a clear wincon, which is fairly easy to utilize. Do note that Kartana cannot deal with SubCoil variants of Pinsirite Zygarde, so you must scout for the set with Zapdos before utilizing Kartana to beat it.

Zapdos: HP Ice > Toxic
In this instance, HP Ice is required to win the matchup vs Pinsirite Zygarde, which can happily deal with your team otherwise, having a great matchup versus everything but Zapdos. You should utilize Zapdos to scout for Zygarde's set, as if it is Altarianite it will want to Mega Evolve immediately to avoid being hit by HP Ice, which allieviates the matchup versus it entirely.

Arceus-Ghost > Zapdos

I had difficulties trying to fit a check to Kartana, Zygarde and PDon in all at once to alleviate the Stone Edge weakness you had, so I felt the need to swap Zapdos out for Arceus-Ghost, another defogger which cannot be trapped by Gothitelle which can check similar things to Zapdos. Unfortunately this means that it is rather difficult to scout for Zygarde's set, as Pinsirite may be able to beat it anyway if you do not opt to run Ice Beam. Toxic helps out versus other Support Arceus formes and Ho-oh, which can potentially clean this team if this were not the case.

Tapu Koko @ Diancite
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Grass Knot

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Adamant Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Golisopod @ Blue Orb
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Drill Run
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance

Arceus-Ghost @ Spooky Plate
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spe
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Toxic
- Defog
- Recover

Gothitelle @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Taunt

Kartana @ Metagrossite
Ability: Beast Boost
Jolly Nature
- Smart Strike
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Swords Dance

As you wished for, this team utilizes Shadow Tag to the best it can to remove potential walls and sweep with a variety of threats, which all synergize to take down what they might fear theirselves. Have fun with this rate!

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7mixandmega-662896806
had a piss around with M'joe'ra's Stakataka team, these were the results
Thanks a lot for the help. Drill Run on Golisopod is certainly a massive help, and Gothitelle is a much better replacement for Gengar that I hadn't considered.

• Metagame: USUM Anything Goes
  • Service: 2
  • Sprites:
  • Sets:

Quagsire @ Leftovers
    Ability: Unaware
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
    Bold Nature
    - Recover
    - Toxic
    - Haze
    - Scald

Zygarde @ Leftovers
    Ability: Power Construct
    EVs: 232 HP / 24 Atk / 252 Def
    Impish Nature
    - Thousand Arrows
    - Dragon Dance
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk

Rayquaza-Mega @ Lum Berry
    Ability: Air Lock
    Adamant Nature
    - Dragon Ascent
    - V-create
    - Extreme Speed
    - Dragon Dance

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
    Ability: Iron Barbs
    Sassy Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Gyro Ball
    - Protect
    - Leech Seed

Arceus-Fairy @ Pixie Plate
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
    Bold Nature
    - Judgment
    - Toxic
    - Recover
    - Defog

Arceus @ Life Orb
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
    Adamant Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Extreme Speed
    - Recover
    - Shadow Claw

• Short Description: the team is designed to use its sweepers to break through opposing teams while having failsafes for if something goes wrong. Quagsire is used as an emergency stop to sweepers (Haze helps vs pokemon you can't 1v1 while also messing with BP), Ferrothorn and Fairyceus are the defensive backbone. Ray and Zygarde are hard-hitting sweepers, Arceus is a hard-hitting sweeper who doubles as a revenge killer. Zyg's spread is to maximize leftovers recovery. This team's quite weak to Arceus-Ghost and I don't know what to do about trappers.
  • Playstyle: Balance (but malleable)
thanks!

Last edited:

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
jasprose

=============
La Trenza
=============

============
So I wanted to build a solid Shedinja + Mega Kangaskhan team for a while and never got around in making a solid one. With the release of USUM, I found it to be the ample time to create one however, and you're request gave me more incentive to do so, props to you!. Here is the teambuilidng process:

Requested core of the team. Shedinja + Mega Kanga work great in breaking down their appropriate checks and can wreck havoc on the majority of defensive teams alone.

They however struggle severly against offensive threats such as Mega Mewtwo Y, Mega Rayquaza, and Mega Gengar. With the release of Ultra Necrozma, I thought it would be the perfect time to try out a Contrary Choice Scarf set which can clean up versus many teams once its checks have been weakened down, creating great synergy with Kang + Shed.

The team had issues versus setup sweepers that can break fast Shedinja like Moongeist Beam Mega Mewtwo Y and Sunsteel Strike Yveltal, therefore Prankster Registeel was slapped on as an emergency check to all of them. It also provides the team useful Stealth Rock support.

Giratina is Registeel's partner in crime, helping the team check bothersome wallbreakers such as Mega Mewtwo-X and Red Orb Groudon. Magic Bounce + Defog support also provides Shedinja crucial entry hazard removal support as it otherwise cannot function properly without it. Having a Regigigas answer is also always nice as well.

I noticed that the team was still weak to Mega Gengar and heavy special wallbreakers like Specs Mega Rayquaza and opposing Ultra Necrozma in general so adding RegenVest Primal Kyogre was an easy fix. This is definitely the most customizable slot on the team, as Chansey can work here just as well for scouting purposes for Shed, but I ended sticking with Ogre due to its reliability.

==========================================

Overall, the team is quite solid as it can threaten both defensive and offensive teams alike. It can be quick weak to certain defensive cores like Giratina + a Regenerator mon (think Solgaleo or Primal Ogre) due to Kanga nor Sheddy not running Pursuit. The team can also be overwhelmed by cheese spam offenses like Mega Mewtwo-X and Mega Mewtwo Y ones specifically, but remedying that would worsen the team overall imo so it's not really worth it. Its a really fun team to utilize so I hope you enjoy using it!

Importable: http://pokepast.es/96409cc557434fc6

Geysers

not round
is a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Metagame: Gen7 Anything Goes
Sprites:

Short description:
I have Dusk Mane as a defensive rocksetter, probably with thunder wave, and want yveltal as a scarfed Necrozma-Killer. I have been interested in the new necrozma forms since they came out, but have been having difficulty making a good team that can counter/use them effectively. I am hoping that this core is usable. If it is not, feel free to post something on my profile page about why not. Thanks!
Playstyle: Balance/Offense

RNGIsFatal

Banned deucer.
Try me.

Service 2 (BH)

aka Cotton Pass
Xerneas @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Moonblast
- Nature's Madness
- Defog

Tyranitar-Mega @ Toxic Orb
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Diamond Storm
- Knock Off
- Sacred Fire

Aegislash @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Mold Breaker
Sassy Nature
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Shore Up

Dialga @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 248 Spe
Bold Nature
- Core Enforcer
- Cotton Guard
- Shore Up
- Baton Pass

Rayquaza-Mega @ Sky Plate
Ability: Aerilate
Naive Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Boomburst
- Lovely Kiss

Kyogre-Primal @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
- Revelation Dance
- Spectral Thief
- Anchor Shot
- Recover

This team uses Poison Heal Xerneas and Mega Tyranitar to sweep teams, except they have easier time setting up thanks to "Cotton Pass".
Cotton Pass is basically Dialga using Cotton Guard and using Baton Pass and giving the boost to anything that appreciates massive defensive boost; Cotton Guard on Magic Bounce Dialga in general helps a lot against the likes of Regigigas, opposing Tyranitar and Gyarados. Xerneas appreciates +3 Defense boost that Dialga passes on, and it now will have way easier time setting up in general since it will be very resilient to FakeSpeed and along with SpDef boost from Quiver Dance, it can 1v1 Sash + Smash user. Tyranitar, while it can get Defense boost from Diamond Storm, also appreciates Dialga's Cotton Pass because it can now set up on most MMX variants:

252 Atk Choice Band Mewtwo-Mega-X Close Combat vs. +3 252 HP / 252 Def Tyranitar-Mega: 372-444 (92 - 109.9%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO

Kyogre is another pokemon that massively benefits from +3 Defense. Because it already has insane special bulk it only requires defensive boost that will let it take on stuff like Power Trip or Contrary users better. Also boost in general tends to lure in Imposter often, and that is the moment when they realize both Xerneas and Tyranitar can defeat its Imposter one on one while Kyogre can Anchor Shot its Imposter and pp stall until it dies with Struggle.

Mega Rayquaza is there to mediate issues with Speed by revenge killing all non-APS setup threats (Kyogre can handle most APS variants) and making setup opportunities for the team using Lovely Kiss on switch-in. Aegislash helps team against Sturdy Shedinja which would otherwise entirely wall my team and auto-win against it.

What's working:

* Nature's Madness on Xerneas has been very handy; since the metagame has adapted to most Poison Heal sweepers' presence they are vastly prepared for it, so Nature's Madness is like anti-stuff towards that. The fact that it takes away half health from Prankster / Unaware users means their recovery moves' PP will be depleted very quickly and they have to stay in and heal themselves over and over or they fall into range of being 2HKO'd by unboosted Moonblast the next time they come in.
* Cotton Pass on Xerneas is a beast lolz.

252 Atk Choice Band Steelworker Kartana Sunsteel Strike vs. +3 252 HP / 252 Def Xerneas: 309-369 (67.7 - 80.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Groudon-Primal V-create vs. +3 252 HP / 252 Def Xerneas in Harsh Sunshine: 204-240 (44.7 - 52.6%) -- 22.7% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Aerilate Rayquaza-Mega Extreme Speed vs. +3 252 HP / 252 Def Xerneas: 95-113 (20.8 - 24.7%) -- guaranteed 5HKO

* Overall this team tends to use Imposter as a setup fodder which is some notable strength.

What's not working (or what am I concerned about):

* -ate users in general. They will ALWAYS have something to hit both Aegislash and Dialga, and I have to pressure them as much as possible. I was thinking about replacing Stealth Rock with Spikes with Aegislash and giving Tyranitar Stealth Rock instead of Sacred Fire but I'm not sure if that will alleviate the issue.
* Defog was chosen over stuff like Lovely Kiss or Lava Plume due to Xerneas naturally forcing switches against hazard setters like Giratina and I couldn't really fit it anywhere else.
* Because Xerneas opted two utility moves over a coverage move and Lovely Kiss, it will have hard time breaking p much anything with offensive presence and resists Moonblast; this includes Red Orb Groudon, Kartana, or p much any Steel-types with Spectral Thief.
* Unique wallbreakers: Sheer Force MMY, any variants of Zekrom, and Tail Glow + Mold Breaker Gengar with Secret Sword can tear my team apart. Kyogre has to remain as healthy as possible to check MMY, Zekrom can be somehow handled by Dialga but setup variants will OHKO it, and Gengar is very troublesome if Kyogre has taken any prior damage:

+3 252 SpA Spooky Plate Mold Breaker Gengar-Mega Judgment vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Kyogre-Primal: 307-363 (75.9 - 89.8%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

All of the aforementioned threats barring Zekrom can be revenge killed by FakeSpeed Mega Ray but if I send it in to revenge they will obviously switch out.
* Not sure if I have to keep or remove Tyranitar. Regigigas looks so much better but then I have to rely a lot on Dialga to improof my Rayquaza which is tasked to handle more than just that, and my team will be weak to Psysurge. tldr, switching Ttar to Regigigas looks like trading more offense for weaker defensive core.

~ Thanks

Landon

im in that tonka
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Metagame: 1v1
Sprite:

Tornadus @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 216 Def / 84 SpA / 208 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Rain Dance
- Taunt
- Grass Knot
Description: I usually never have problems teambuilding for 1v1, but this mon particularity has seemed to stump me. I like how it defeats Zard X & Y, Gyarados-M, and Venusaur-M mainly. Now the set could probably be better physical, but for now I want it special. If you see something on the set u wanna change then feel free, but keep it specially based.
Playstyle: Don't care.
rass Knot

• Metagame: 1v1
  • Service: 1 (Comprehensive Teambuild)

Tapu Fini @ Choice Specs
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 216 HP / 4 Def / 252 240 SpA / 52 Spe
Modest Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Rock] [Fire]
- Blizzard Grass Knot
  • Short Description: Tapu Fini seems like a good anti-meta mon in 1v1, since its typing and bulk allows it to easily beat top-tier threats including Mega Gyarados, most Kyurem-B (loses to banded Fusion Bolt), both Charizards, Magearna, and Mega Lopunny. I'm open to replacing Blizzard, but based on the calcs I've done it appears that it's the best move for that slot (with Blizzard, Fini can beat Dragonite ~60% of the time, while the relevant mons that die to Ice Beam also die to either Hydro Pump or Moonblast).
  • Playstyle: N/A
Heyo chartung17 i made a team for you, i did alter the set a little bit because well, it doesn't beat the things you mentioned as well as they should, since lopunny still beats it with flail and dragonite can still run bulk, same for char-y which can actually tank the hp-rock if it's bulky.
if you did really want that set to be used and have me count the mons you mentioned as mons it beats then i'll do that and make a different team, or maybe a different builder will.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Tapu Fini Hidden Power Rock vs. 252 HP / 56 SpD Charizard-Mega-Y: 292-348 (81.1 - 96.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Lopunny-Mega Fake Out vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Tapu Fini: 60-72 (17.4 - 20.9%) -- possible 5HKO
252 Atk Lopunny-Mega Flail (200 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Tapu Fini: 300-354 (87.2 - 102.9%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Tapu Fini Blizzard vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Multiscale Dragonite: 316-374 (81.8 - 96.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Tapu Fini @ Choice Specs
EVs: 216 HP / 240 SpA / 52 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Atk / 84 Def / 100 SpD / 32 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Zen Headbutt
- Bulldoze
- Ice Punch
- Iron Head

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Healer
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Def / 84 Spe
Bold Nature
- Psywave
- Counter
- Soft-Boiled
- Rest

Now for the rest i'll explain the sets and what the ev's are for.

Tapu Fini @ Choice Specs
EVs: 216 HP / 240 SpA / 52 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Now moves:
Hydro Pump: Powerful stab hits mons like Landorus-Therian, Charizard-Mega-X, Blaziken/-mega and magearna.
Moonblast: Other stab, hits mons like kyub, gyara, Garchomp, Altaria-Mega and Sableye-Mega.
Grass Knot: Hits mons like swampert mainly, is replacable.
Hidden Power [Fire]: Mainly hits mons 4x weak to fire like Genesect and Ferrothorn, also hits Mawile-Mega with better accuracy.

Speed Ev's are for outpacing Jolly Donphan.

Now, CALCS!!
Mawile-Mega
240 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Fini Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mawile-Mega: 164-194 (53.9 - 63.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
240 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Fini Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mawile-Mega: 225-265 (74 - 87.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Huge Power Mawile-Mega Play Rough vs. 216 HP / 0+ Def Tapu Fini: 225-265 (67.1 - 79.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Huge Power Mawile-Mega Sucker Punch vs. 216 HP / 0+ Def Tapu Fini: 58-69 (17.3 - 20.5%) -- possible 5HKO
Thunder punch is a threat on this but, can be taken care of by either rolls or by chansey, which can simply take care of non SD variants in general.

Charizard-Mega-X
240 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Fini Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Charizard-Mega-X: 246-291 (82.8 - 97.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Flare Blitz vs. 216 HP / 0+ Def Tapu Fini: 113-133 (33.7 - 39.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Not much to fear here. and Thunder Punch is close to non-existent

Landorus-Therian
252+ Atk Landorus-Therian Tectonic Rage (180 BP) vs. 216 HP / 0+ Def Tapu Fini: 283-334 (84.4 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
240 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Fini Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Landorus-Therian: 392-464 (102.6 - 121.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Donphan
252+ Atk Donphan Tectonic Rage (180 BP) vs. 216 HP / 0+ Def Tapu Fini: 246-291 (73.4 - 86.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Donphan Ice Shard vs. 216 HP / 0+ Def Tapu Fini: 18-22 (5.3 - 6.5%) -- possibly the worst move ever
240 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Fini Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Donphan: 280-330 (72.9 - 85.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Magearna
240 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Fini Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Magearna: 190-225 (52.1 - 61.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Magearna Fleur Cannon vs. 216 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Fini: 280-330 (83.5 - 98.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Kyurem-Black
240 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Fini Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Kyurem-Black: 408-480 (104.3 - 122.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
240 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Fini Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 44 SpD Kyurem-Black: 386-456 (85 - 100.4%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Teravolt Kyurem-Black Fusion Bolt vs. 216 HP / 0+ Def Tapu Fini: 238-280 (71 - 83.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
so as a small warning: This set only beats scarf Kyurem-Black

Other mons this set beats are: Gyarados-Mega, Garchomp, Sableye-Mega, Golem, Ferrothorn, Genesect, Heatran, Baziken, Tyranitar-Mega, Swampert-Mega, Curse/rest Aggron-Mega and non Gunk Shot Greninja.

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Atk / 84 Def / 100 SpD / 32 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Zen Headbutt
- Bulldoze
- Ice Punch
- Iron Head

This mon is used to take care of a plethora of weaknesses of Tapu Fini.

Tapu Koko
252 SpA Tapu Koko Gigavolt Havoc (185 BP) vs. 252 HP / 100 SpD Metagross-Mega in Electric Terrain: 306-361 (84 - 99.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Tapu Koko Gigavolt Havoc (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 84 Def Metagross-Mega in Electric Terrain: 261-307 (71.7 - 84.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
40+ Atk Metagross-Mega Bulldoze vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Koko: 156-184 (55.5 - 65.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
40+ Atk Tough Claws Metagross-Mega Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Koko: 201-237 (71.5 - 84.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
The Speed on this set is to outpace -1 Tapu Koko.

Venusaur-Mega
40+ Atk Tough Claws Metagross-Mega Zen Headbutt vs. 248 HP / 76+ Def Venusaur-Mega: 252-296 (69.4 - 81.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
-2 40+ Atk Tough Claws Metagross-Mega Zen Headbutt vs. 248 HP / 76+ Def Venusaur-Mega: 126-150 (34.7 - 41.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ SpA Venusaur-Mega Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 100 SpD Metagross-Mega: 116-138 (31.8 - 37.9%) -- 94% chance to 3HKO

Mimikyu
252 Atk Mimikyu Never-Ending Nightmare (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 84 Def Metagross-Mega: 236-278 (64.8 - 76.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Mimikyu Shadow Sneak vs. 252 HP / 84 Def Metagross-Mega: 68-84 (18.6 - 23%) -- possible 5HKO
40+ Atk Tough Claws Metagross-Mega Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mimikyu: 422-498 (168.1 - 198.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Bulldoze -> Iron Head.

Kyurem-Black
40+ Atk Tough Claws Metagross-Mega Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Kyurem-Black: 254-300 (55.9 - 66%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4 SpA Teravolt Kyurem-Black Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 100 SpD Metagross-Mega: 128-152 (35.1 - 41.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
It outspeeds, it tanks everything it can throw at it except if it's groundium in which case it's a 50/50:
252+ SpA Teravolt Kyurem-Black Tectonic Rage (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 100 SpD Metagross-Mega: 332-392 (91.2 - 107.6%) -- 50% chance to OHKO

Dragonite
+1 252+ Atk Dragonite Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 84 Def Metagross-Mega: 244-288 (67 - 79.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
40+ Atk Tough Claws Metagross-Mega Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Multiscale Dragonite: 228-270 (59 - 69.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Dragonite Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 100 SpD Metagross-Mega: 276-326 (75.8 - 89.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Simple 2HKO with Ice Punch.

Other mons this set beats are: Lopunny-Mega, Tapu Lele, Tapu Bulu, Pinsir-Mega, Magnezone, Porygon-Z, Heracross-Mega, Meloetta, Carracosta, Crustle, Gardevoir-Mega and Sawk.

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Healer
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Def / 84 Spe
Bold Nature
- Psywave
- Counter
- Soft-Boiled
- Rest

Chansey Psywave stall with Counter and Rest. this is the last mon i added that needed to beat aegislash, Charizard-Mega-Y, Primarina, Tapu Fini and Metagross-Mega
Psywave: Typical move used to chip away damage, Psywave>Seismic toss because it needs to hit Aegislash.
Counter: This move helps against a plethora of physical attackers this team is weak against like Metagross-Mega, Kartana or FastBand Dragonite.
Soft-Boiled: Primary healing move, good for quick healing in a close matching.
Rest: This move's primary use is to help PP-stall other stall mons and remove status conditions.

Metagross-Mega
252+ Atk Tough Claws Metagross-Mega Hammer Arm vs. 172 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 446-526 (65.2 - 76.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Unless this carries Substitute you will win simply by spamming counter.

Primarina
The speed on this set is to outpace 0 Speed Ev's Primarina, so it'd look like this with the strongest move in it's repetoire.
252+ SpA Primarina Hydro Pump vs. 172 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 124-147 (18.1 - 21.4%) -- possible 5HKO
x2
252+ SpA Torrent Primarina Hydro Vortex (200 BP) vs. 172 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 337-397 (49.2 - 58%) -- 97.7% chance to 2HKO
Simply spam psywave should win you this matchups, also i forgot it could heal when i made these calcs so ye you win, point.

Slowbro-Mega
This set can out PP-stall slack off sets, and if it's Rest Tapu Fini will be able to take care of it because Misty Terrain.
Slowbro-Mega PP: 32 Iron Defense + 32 Amnesia + 24 Scald + 16 Slack Off = 104
Chansey PP: 32 Counter + 24 Psywave + 16 Soft-Boiled + 48(16 X 3) Rest = 120

Charizard-Mega-Y, Aegislash, Blastoise-Mega, Metal Burst Aggron-Mega
Just wear it down with psywave until it dies and heal up whenever you're low, this is actually how it works with pretty much all mons for Chansey so ye.
If it's a physical attacker you can press counter sometimes for extra damage.

This is the team i build around a Choice Specs Tapu Fini, altough it is not the exact set you posted i hope you don't mind.
The only potential i have found myself currently is Snorlax, which we need sleep rolls against to win, altough the opposite is also true.
If anyone notices any weaknesses i hadn't yet mentioned, please do tell.

~Iron Crusher

Last edited:
Metagame: Anything Goes
Sprites:

Sets:

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Ultranecrozium Z
Ability: Prism Armor
- Swords Dance
- Photon Geyser
- Sunsteel Strike
- Earthquake / Rock Blast

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Focus Blast / Hidden Power Fire
(I really don't know what EVs people run on both of them as of late, sorry :--()

Short Description: From what I've seen so far in the AG room and in matches, Ultra Necrozma, while cool, is naturally taken care of by common stuff such as Celesteela, MSableye, Lugia, Darkceus, YGod, Marshadow, etc. From there, I think Xern would be a good partner with UNecro because it deals with Necro's checks fairly well, especially if Xern is Geo. Necro can also wear down Xern's checks such as PDon, enabling for a clean sweep. I never was one to build for myself so I'd like to see how the Mechanics go around this one.

Playstyle:
Offense, but Balance is aight, too.

• Metagame: AAA
  • Service: 1
  • Sprite(s) of Pokemon:
    (replace klinklang with another offensive steel if too unviable)
  • Short Description: haven't been good at making AAA teams for some reason, and need help making a good team for laddering and learning the meta more. Naganadel was released recently and seems pretty good with Adaptability or Sheer Force, and Klinklang adds a setup mon that can set up with Shift Gear and do heavy damage with Technician or Tinted Lens Gear Grind.
  • Playstyle: some kind of offense
thanks!

edit: Mind Blown + Magic Guard Doesn't work, replacing my Blacephalon submission
so uh given the fact that naga is now banned, and that I was planning on replacinc klingklang, would u like to suggest a different core for me to build around? Or do you want me to just pick one myself?

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
First off, @ all the outstanding anything goes requests (AM, Banana, some others), we know it's taking a little long. First it was waiting to see how the Necrozma formes changed things up because this dropped at the same time as USUM, now it's just a little bit of inactivity and polishing
  • Metagame: USUM Anything Goes
  • Service: 2
  • Sprites:
  • Sets:

Quagsire @ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
    Bold Nature
    - Recover
    - Toxic
    - Haze
    - Scald

Zygarde @ Leftovers
    Ability: Power Construct
    EVs: 232 HP / 24 Atk / 252 Def
    Impish Nature
    - Thousand Arrows
    - Dragon Dance
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk

Rayquaza-Mega @ Lum Berry
    Ability: Air Lock
    Adamant Nature
    - Dragon Ascent
    - V-create
    - Extreme Speed
    - Dragon Dance

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
    Ability: Iron Barbs
    Sassy Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Gyro Ball
    - Protect
    - Leech Seed

Arceus-Fairy @ Pixie Plate
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
    Bold Nature
    - Judgment
    - Toxic
    - Recover
    - Defog

Arceus @ Life Orb
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
    Adamant Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Extreme Speed
    - Recover
    - Shadow Claw

• Short Description: the team is designed to use its sweepers to break through opposing teams while having failsafes for if something goes wrong. Quagsire is used as an emergency stop to sweepers (Haze helps vs pokemon you can't 1v1 while also messing with BP), Ferrothorn and Fairyceus are the defensive backbone. Ray and Zygarde are hard-hitting sweepers, Arceus is a hard-hitting sweeper who doubles as a revenge killer. Zyg's spread is to maximize leftovers recovery. This team's quite weak to Arceus-Ghost and I don't know what to do about trappers.
  • Playstyle: Balance (but malleable)
thanks!
Kinda hard to know what to do with this team because, to be honest, it doesn't make that much sense. Quagsire is a pretty bad mon in general and has practically no place here, the two offensive mons have surprisingly little offensive presence, bulky LO Ekiller is a super weird choice for this kind of bulky balance team, and waaaay too many threats just shut the entire thing down from sub flame charge celesteela to xerneas (or fire blast fairyceus). Now coincidentally I had a very similar team given to me by user: eren which solves most of the problems you have (except for goth, but that naturally bodies really bulky teams like this and I see that as just an inherent weakness). It basically forgoes the ekiller slot to stay bulky, goes LO on ray so that the one offensive mon breaks things better, drops Zygarde for Groundceus so that it's easy to get Spikes on Ferrothorn (which is huge for chipping things), and goes Waterceus over Quag because Quag blows. SubCharge Celest is the choice over Ekiller because it's really stupid on Spikes and checks a lot of the things priority does, with the 28 EVs outspeeding Rayquaza at +2. Goth is annoying and it's pre-Ultra Necrozma but ur not weak to it so yeah. Hopefully this basically fits what you were looking for.
https://pastebin.com/QAYZ9AqJ

Racool
actually Naganadel just got unbanned from AAA, so try to build with that if you haven't started another team. If you have started another team, keep going with that team

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
  • Metagame: STABmons
  • Service: 2ne Up
  • Sprite(s) of Pokemon:
  • Sets: team linked to sprites
  • Short Description: The first four pokemon work very well together. The last two slow the team down. Now that Naganadel is gone I see less reason than ever for Chansey to be on the team. The Accelgor defense evs let it live Jolly Mega Lopunny's FakeSpeed more often than not.
I suppose what I want, in brief is
  1. The last two mons replaced with something better suited to Hyper-Offense (Lando could stay if you like)
  2. A new spinner (not Defogger, this is a Webs team)
  3. Better Mega Lopunny matchup
  4. Not worsen and hopefully improve the pivoting / momentum game
The first four Pokemon (Blacephalon/Medicham/Accelgor/Greninja) should stay largely the same, but minor set changes are fine if you think they're needed.
  • Playstyle: Webs Hyper Offense all the way

MAMP

MAMP!
Rumors I finished your team, sorry for taking a while

Absol-Mega @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 228 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Power Trip
- Shell Smash
- Close Combat
- Sunsteel Strike

Audino-Mega @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
- Substitute
- Baton Pass
- Shore Up
- Knock Off

Giratina @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Defog
- Core Enforcer
- Shore Up
- Baton Pass

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Imposter
Impish Nature
- Fake Out
- Parting Shot
- Shore Up
- Whirlwind

Registeel @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Sassy Nature
- Haze
- Encore
- Shore Up
- U-turn

Gengar-Mega @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Sludge Bomb
- Secret Sword
- Shell Smash

First thing's first: Mega Absol sucks. I tried building around it a few different ways, but it always felt like the weak link of the team. It can put in work when properly supported, but I think that overall it's largely outclassed and isn't worth the support that it requires.

Mega Absol's flaws are these: because it lacks immediate offensive presence, it can't really force switches and thus relies on its sash to both set up and beat Imposter, meaning it still often struggles against Imposter and necessitates strong hazard control to keep the sash intact. It can't beat most common Unawares, and still loses pretty hard to Prankster Haze. To remedy these flaws, I paired it with a strong anti-hazard core in Magic Bounce Mega Audino + Defog Giratina and ran Mold Breaker Shell Smash Mega Gengar to help weaken some of Mega Absol's checks. The gameplan is to keep hazards off the field, keep up momentum, and create opportunities to set up with either Mega Absol or Mega Gengar via SubPass Mega Audino and lots of slow pivoting.

Let's go through the team:

You might notice that I'm running 228 Defense EVs on Absol — this is to guaranteed the OHKO on Imposter if they switch in as you Shell Smash. I opted for Sunsteel Strike in the last slot to hit Mega Audino and Shedinja, which the team struggled with a bit otherwise.

Mega Audino helps to keep hazards off, passes Substitutes to the sweepers, and checks opposing Mega Gengars and various other things. Knock Off is useful in conjunction with Giratina's Misty Surge to mess with opposing Poison Heal Pokemon, and makes Audino not complete Imposter bait. The benefit of SubPass is that if you can safely pass a substitute to Mega Absol, you can set up without popping the sash, making it way easier to sweep.

Giratina is fairly standard. I'm running Baton Pass as my slow pivoting move of choice to pass on Substitutes if you pass to it with Mega Audino for whatever reason, but I'm not entirely sure this is better than just running U-turn.

Imposter is a set up check and helps the team by blanket checking a variety of random offensive threats that it would otherwise struggle with. I think Imposter is very helpful on teams with really fragile sweepers like Mega Absol, to work out which mons you can set up on and what you need to get rid of before you can sweep. This is also the Imposter proof for Mega Audino; when they go into Imposter on Audino, go hard into this and either Whirlwind if you think they'll pass the sub, or Parting Shot if you predict them to stay in.

Registeel is likewise fairly standard, and is here to check set up sweepers and other miscellaneous nonsense like Psychic Surge M2Y and some -ates. Normally I like to run Safety Goggles on sets like this, but with Misty Surge Giratina I feel like Leftovers is a bit safer. I think that's about 50/50 though. The team doesn't have a Z move user, so Z Haze is justifiable here too. Registeel Imposter proofs Mega Absol in a pinch (you can PP stall it out of Close Combats).

Sludge Bomb Mega Gengar is a Shedinja check and lures in Mega Audino, Unaware Dark types, and Pranksters and either weakens or KOs them to help Mega Absol sweep. If not for Shedinja, Adaptability would be way better here.

I hope you enjoy it! I tried building around the choice band set but it was very bad. Something that I considered but didn't end up trying was Tough Claws > Dazzling on Mega Absol, which lets it get quite a few notable KOs that it otherwise misses, but I'm not sure if it's worth giving up the priority immunity.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)