OMPL V: Discussion Thread

Some of you may be wondering about the origins of the name "Accelerating Aegiblades."

When you think of the majestic Royal Sword Pokémon, Aegislash, which of its amazing traits come to mind? Its impenetrable defenses? Its considerable offensive versatility? Its ability to force extremely obnoxious 50/50s and make opponents want to stab their computer screens with similar-looking swords?

What about none of the above?

One intrepid trainer saw potential in an aspect of Aegislash heretofore untouched by anyone in their right mind: its blazing-fast 60 Speed, an unmatched tier allowing it to outpace the much-feared Clawitzer, Type: Null, and Vanillish by a mere point. Peef Rimgar, an innovator and well-known Cobalion(.) lover, the same brilliant mind who had steered the unsteady Megas for All ship on its course to nowhere in particular, was truly catapulted to prominence by his brilliant usage of the same Speed Boost ability that had propelled Blaziken to the Ubers tier.

By increasing this already spectacular speed to astronomical levels (after a mere two turns in the battle, spent shielding itself from any contact with opposing attacks, lest it faint to a resisted hit), our hero made Aegislash a truly fearsome weapon, arming it with the Secret Sword of courageous Keldeo and the Sludge Wave of meek Mudkip (yes, Mudkip learns that).

Peef cast aside the same old tired characteristics of Aegislash that so many people had believed made it actually good — its ability to transform into a Shield Forme and avoid getting killed by any passing breeze, its mighty Steel-type STAB, and most of all, its dignity.

And yet...

And yet this brave Aegiblade achieved inexplicable success. It defeated then-esteemed then-OM Room Voice Ranger then-Mike with ease. Its power grew greater than anyone could possibly have imagined, so great that our hero had to share its power with other trainers, including yours truly, to avoid being corrupted by its incredible strength. Even the pioneers of other metagame-shaping Pokémon like Prankster Xatu had to stop and take a moment to marvel at its Absolute▲Power:

XATUWARRIOR Lcass4919 said:
the set at first glance looks super bad, i mean, speed boost...aegis blade...sludge wave...all shitty and should never be considered to be used...but actually seeing this thing in action, and taking resisted hits better then id imagine, i have to say, this set is worthy of praise. its like...you took spinach, toilet water, and dirt, and mixed it together and created a beautiful cake, that is delicious.
Delicious indeed.

As Accelerating Aegiblades, we will have the time-earned wisdom of dirt, the resiliency of toilet water (it just keeps coming back!), and the nutritional value of a hearty bowl of spinach. In this way we will form a single "beautiful cake" that no other team, King-ly, excessively Optimistic, weirdly preoccupied with the Bedroom, inexplicably Untitled after being prodded for basically a week, whatever Ransei's name is supposed to be (seriously, I don't even need to make fun of this one), or otherwise, will dare try to cut...

...in line for the OMPL V Championship.

Hi I feel as a citizen of OMs you as a public need to know the original name for Ransei's team was 5 STAR JOLTEON DYNASTY OF WARRIORS. Please keep this in mind and just try out for the best team, the Aegiblades.
For the record, the original name was intented to be The Unchampioned 5-Star Jolteon Dynasty of Warriors. For those wondering why one would pick such a name, know this. As an extremely experienced manager, Ransei is a certified genius when it comes to OMPL. Genius does not need explaining. He has begun his OMPL campaign forging a team name only the greats of our species can muster. Do not question genius.

As a public service announcement to all those interested in winning this year's OMPL, Ransei will not be stooping so low as to publically ask for tryouts. All those hoping they're worthy enough must personally contact Ransei Himself and offer unto Him their credentials, their resumé, their Pokémon portfolio (a Poképortfolio, if you will). Please, if you have nothing to show for yourself, do Him and I a favor and pick an inferior team; a team of His caliber do not have time to waste on benchwarmers. Then, on the day of reckoning, Auction Day, Ransei will handpick only players worthy of His attention, His mentorship, His hard-earned Auction Dollars. These players will be blessed with a spot on the 5-Star Jolteon Dynasty of Warriors, hereby and forever known as the 5-Star Jolteons. With this super-team assembled, victory is all but assured.

All those who have not made it through this ordeal, worry not, you are just not worth His time. "The Ransei Giveth, and the Ransei taketh away". Amen.

For the record, the original name was intented to be The Unchampioned 5-Star Jolteon Dynasty of Warriors. For those wondering why one would pick such a name, know this. As an extremely experienced manager, Ransei is a certified genius when it comes to OMPL. Genius does not need explaining. He has begun his OMPL campaign forging a team name only the greats of our species can muster. Do not question genius.
Ransei is very good at coming in 2nd to Uselesscrab's teams as evidenced last year so yeah keep it up!

This year marks the FIFTH ever Other Metas Premier League, and while I'm proud to say that I've been a part of this community for so long now and have been able to see it grow and develop over the years, I'm unfortunately disappointed with the state the community is currently in. The current roster of metagames that will be present (MnM, AG, BH, AAA, Monotype, and the unspeakable replacement meta) in this circuit are obvious evidence that leads me to the only possible conclusion that anyone seeing this list can come to:

The Other Metas mods have realized that I am the greatest player to ever live (as shown by my immaculate 3-2 record last OMPL), and have thusly removed any possible metagame I could succeed in.

The mods had realized that with each time I participated in OMPL, my teams did better and better every season, and that if I were to participate again, the godly skills that I have been honing in the Himalayas while on my fourth consecutive hiatus would have easily allowed me to achieve a second consecutive OMPL championship. So they hatched a plan; by removing STABmons, a meta that has been present since the first OMPL, they were attempting to remove the possibility of me joining an OMPL team and allowing them to sail to an easy championship on the back of a slightly positive record in one of the six metas. Specifically, Eevee General is also using this as an opportunity to get back at me for oppressing the Kois last year, and for not actually voting in a single one of the STABmons council's banning decisions (My b), and Pikachuun is trying to get back at me for drafting me 2 years in a row and not winning, and then watching me win the one year he doesn't.

I just want it to be known that I'm onto you're games, and I see that this decision was 100% an effort to hold me down and see to it that I cannot succeed, and has nothing to do with B.S. like which metas have perma ladders or "an existing playerbase".

The Greatest Tale Ever Told
#FREESTABMONS

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)