OMPL V: Discussion Thread

I'd like to say sorry to the King Kois for essentially insulting them as a whole. I was more meant as a joke regarding the fact that mimikyus were widely considered to have the worst draft. Might sound hypocritical but I didn't expect to offend anyone, just maybe be a little funny or smt. Now I see that it was a shit thing to do and ppl didn't appreciate my "contribution".

Anyway what I wanted to write doesn't really matter since it's not what I actually wrote and like geerat said, there's no excuses to being an ass. That post was pretty obviously shitty and I don't believe in what I said, y'all obviously good players, I went too far, I'm sorry and I hope we can stay on good therms (or decent therms or w/e therms we were on).

That's like the second time this week where I'm an ass without thinking so I'll try and think a bit more before clicking that post button.

As you might expect, taking speed ties and whatnot into account is far beyond the amount of though I put into this post, but if you think drphdbj only won cause he's lucky you might also not be putting enough thought into your posts.

☆Pepa120︻デ┳═ー: LOL
☆Pepa120︻デ┳═ー: 10% for frozen
☆Pepa120︻デ┳═ー: and i froze manaphy

☆Pepa120︻デ┳═ー:For jolteons i win

Pepa120︻デ┳═ー:gg

z mistake

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Hi, we are Jolteons. We may have lost our mightiest warrior, but we got something to say.

Even with the defeat of our mightiest warrior, Pepa120, we Jolteons stand strong and proud!

Grab a Mountain Dew and some Doritos and watch how we roll. We'll never back down! Even in defeat;

FOR JOLTEONS!

With the power of our own leadership, we shall strive!
There is a leader inside each of us; a warrior waiting to fight until the end for all it's worth!
We can control our actions and do the unpredictable!
We can surpass the impossible!
We can work together as a team!
And with the team we have,
WE CAN WIN THIS!
GO JOLTEONS!

INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OF THE WEEK:

Ransei: what if memes are all you need to win?
Shout-out to Dr. Phd. BJ for keeping this quote on his signature.​
-Speech 1

Hi, we are Jolteons. We may have lost our mightiest warrior, but we got something to say.

Even with the defeat of our mightiest warrior, Pepa120, we Jolteons stand strong and proud!

Grab a Mountain Dew and some Doritos and watch how we roll. We'll never back down! Even in defeat;

FOR JOLTEONS!

With the power of our own leadership, we shall strive!
There is a leader inside each of us; a warrior waiting to fight until the end for all it's worth!
We can control our actions and do the unpredictable!
We can surpass the impossible!
We can work together as a team!
And with the team we have,
WE CAN WIN THIS!
GO JOLTEONS!

INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OF THE WEEK:

Ransei: what if memes are all you need to win?
Shout-out to Dr. Phd. BJ for keeping this quote on his signature.​
-Speech 1
This is the worst post in the history of this website

Sketchmons: yoman5 VS Official Fissure
- Before this moment I honestly didn't know yoman5 was drafted
yoman5 VS Official Fissure- who?
Sketchmons: yoman5 VS Official Fissure - Last week's game showed some chinks in Fissure's armor, but I don't believe that a guy who hasn't played Pokemon in like 2 years and may not actually know the fundamental concept of Sketchmons will be able to beat him. I still like yoman as a person, though! (This prediction is also prime callout material, so get your reply button and epic one-liners ready to eviscerate me for those juicy likes if yoman somehow wins!)
something witty

RNGIsFatal

Banned deucer.
why did shed get 3 kills in an ompl bh match
While Shedinja's viability may seem minuscule compared to ORAS generation, it is still the most fearsome (yet not feared) threat in Balanced Hackmons. The prevalence of Fairy-type with Magic Bounce, and the metagame's mechanics that allows anyone to use Defog / Rapid Spin makes keeping hazards off the field relatively easier than other metas.

Sunsteel Strike and Moongeist Beam, aka Sungeist, is easily scouted if one knows to how to utilize Imposter, which is expected to be a lead in every BH game if Shedinja is present in a team. Because Sungeist significantly reduced the usage of Mold Breaker and Pursuit, aka Mold + Pursuit (which was the best way to trap and eliminate Sturdy Shedinja), Shedinja's team can switch Shedinja out against Sungeist users and wait for the moment to switch into Shedinja because Endeavor from that bug can't be switched in unless you are a Ghost-type.

Since Shedinja baits Giratina even better than physical Primal Groudon, pairing Shedinja with Diancie-Mega, Mega Rayquaza, Kyurem-B / W, or others can immensely pressure almost any archetype of teams. Although not very self-sufficient and requires some sort of babysitting (removing hazards, blocking status, avoiding Sungeist), Shedinja remains as a threat nonetheless.

Also skilled players can utilize Shedinja in unpredictable ways. I'm not saying you can't be a skilled player but yeh.

Tagging Silver_Lucario42 for being for one of the three remaining Shedinja users in Balanced Hackmons ladder: me, ShedMiddleFinga, and him.

upload_2017-8-3_16-12-38.png

<3

While Shedinja's viability may seem minuscule compared to ORAS generation, it is still the most fearsome (yet not feared) threat in Balanced Hackmons. The prevalence of Fairy-type with Magic Bounce, and the metagame's mechanics that allows anyone to use Defog / Rapid Spin makes keeping hazards off the field relatively easier than other metas.

Sunsteel Strike and Moongeist Beam, aka Sungeist, is easily scouted if one knows to how to utilize Imposter, which is expected to be a lead in every BH game if Shedinja is present in a team. Because Sungeist significantly reduced the usage of Mold Breaker and Pursuit, aka Mold + Pursuit (which was the best way to trap and eliminate Sturdy Shedinja), Shedinja's team can switch Shedinja out against Sungeist users and wait for the moment to switch into Shedinja because Endeavor from that bug can't be switched in unless you are a Ghost-type.

Since Shedinja baits Giratina even better than physical Primal Groudon, pairing Shedinja with Diancie-Mega, Mega Rayquaza, Kyurem-B / W, or others can immensely pressure almost any archetype of teams. Although not very self-sufficient and requires some sort of babysitting (removing hazards, blocking status, avoiding Sungeist), Shedinja remains as a threat nonetheless.

Also skilled players can utilize Shedinja in unpredictable ways. I'm not saying you can't be a skilled player but yeh.

Tagging Silver_Lucario42 for being for one of the three remaining Shedinja users in Balanced Hackmons ladder: me, ShedMiddleFinga, and him.

View attachment 86322

<3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)