Media One Piece (spoilers!)

Recently I've started watching One Piece to wash the foul taste of Sword Art Online out of my mouth. Been pretty impressed so far - I like the characters, the fight scenes are well choreographed (although they go on too long IMO). I've been watching the Funimation Dub (I know heretic) and as far as dubs go it's a good job. That said, the Funimation intro sucks - as much as it pains me to say, the 4Kids intro was better. Digging Zorro's 3 swords style - how the hell do they come up with this?

Right now I'm on the 2nd arc, the fight scene with the guy with the cat claws is about to end (finally).

I heard that the Funi dub is pretty good so I don't think anyone will ride you for it.

Eventually you'll want to switch to the manga anyways.

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Recently I've started watching One Piece to wash the foul taste of Sword Art Online out of my mouth. Been pretty impressed so far - I like the characters, the fight scenes are well choreographed (although they go on too long IMO). I've been watching the Funimation Dub (I know heretic) and as far as dubs go it's a good job. That said, the Funimation intro sucks - as much as it pains me to say, the 4Kids intro was better. Digging Zorro's 3 swords style - how the hell do they come up with this?

Right now I'm on the 2nd arc, the fight scene with the guy with the cat claws is about to end (finally).
enjoy man

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
No matter what, I think Oda's expecting us to believe too much that a 5 year old (even if it is Big Mom...) could destroy full-grown Elbaf Warriors... ugh...

That doesn't mean that this chapter wasn't the right amounts of creepy and captivating needed to make it awesome.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Alright, stupid tangent coming in, but how has not Oda given Luffy a staff as a weapon yet?

He's faced the commanders of Buddha, cheated death, and has gained mystical powers.

Does thus not RIng a bell? This is Journey to the West (starring our favorite monkey, Son goku) but in the sea. I want luffy to get a damn staff and then use awakening on the staff to make it expand and stretch. How long do I have to wait for this shit.

Also in case anyone missed my spectrum post, Big Mom is basically autism in full form. Not knowing her strength, trying to "help", and in complete disregard for anyone's feelings.

This sounds mad but I just lost a bull game of cardstone and needed to vent

Did she... eat Caramel and the kids?

And somehow gain Caramel's DF. I wonder if you can eat a DF user to get their powers just as if you were eating the fruit.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Did she... eat Caramel and the kids?

And somehow gain Caramel's DF. I wonder if you can eat a DF user to get their powers just as if you were eating the fruit.
In an interview with oda a while back (chapter 140) he gave that exact answer, however this was nearly a decade ago so it's likely things might have changed............... but iuno

IF I EAT LUFFY, CAN I BECOME A GOMU HUMAN?!

O: You'd get food poisoning.

I feel bad for Linlin she's clearly ill and it cost her everything she loved :( (even though noone actually loved her D:)

who'd have gessed Big Mom would be such a tragic character?

In an interview with oda a while back (chapter 140) he gave that exact answer, however this was nearly a decade ago so it's likely things might have changed............... but iuno

IF I EAT LUFFY, CAN I BECOME A GOMU HUMAN?!

O: You'd get food poisoning.
I doubt this was a serious answer, plus he probably doesn't remember it, and he didn't actually deny you'd get the fruit's power.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)