OptiMons [Slate 22: Gen 4] {Voting}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clawitzer

Abilitiy: Mega Launcher
Stats: 72 HP | 60 Atk | 96 Def | 120 SpA | 96 SpD | 96 Spe (540 BST)
Added Moves: Origin Pulse, Draco Meteor
Summary of Changes: +1 HP, -13 Atk, +8 Def, +7 SpD, +37 Spe (+40 BST)

With Origin Pulse and STAB boosted Dragon Pulse under its arsennal, Clawitzer becomes much scarier to switch into. The added Speed also helps its viability immensly, as it is now capable of outspeeding the likes of Tapu Lele, Kyurem-B. Coverage in Aura Sphere and Ice Beam allows it to nail the likes of Ferrothorn and Tapu Bulu respectively and U-turn gives it momentum.

Dragalge

Abilitiy: Adaptability
Stats: 77 HP | 66 Atk | 99 Def | 121 SpA | 132 SpD | 44 Spe (539 BST)
Added Moves: Recover, Flamethrower, Fire Blast
Summary of Changes: +8 HP, -9 Atk, +9 Def, +28 SpA +9 SpD (+45 BST)

Dragalge is now considerably bulkier and therefore capable setting up Toxic Spikes with much more ease, it's Special Attack incraese also is very significant making even stronger than before, finally, it's access to Flamethrower allows it to nail Steel-types that resist both it's STABs. The Speed is left untouched as Dragalge doesn't really need much Speed to excel as a wallbreaker.

Sample Sets

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Typing: Water/Fighting
Stats: 71 HP | 73 Atk | 96 Def | 120 SpA | 96 SpD | 80 Spe (536 BST)
Added Moves: Nasty Plot, Vacuum Wave, Crab Pulse*
Summary of Changes: +8 Def, +7 SpD, +21 Spe (+36 BST)

Crab Pulse:
| 100 BP | 8 PP | 80% Accuracy | Special | Z-Power: 180
This attack fires a massive concussive blast of pressurized water at the opponent. High critial hit ratio. Pulse Move.
(Basically a Stone Edge clone)

Typing: Poison/Dragon
Ability: Corrosion | Adaptability
Stats: 77 HP | 110 Atk | 94 Def | 110 SpA | 123 SpD | 44 Spe (556 BST)
Added Moves: Acid Reflux*, Beserker*,
Summary of Changes: +8 HP, +35 Atk, +4 Def, +17 SpA

Acid Reflux:
| 75 BP | 16 PP | 100% Accuracy | Special | Z-Power: 140
This attack hits Steel-types super effectively and has a 30% chance to decrease the target’s SpD by 1 stage.

Beserker:
| 100 BP | 8 PP | 100% Accuracy | Special | Z-Power: 175
Beserk compares the user's Attack and Special Attack stats, dealing damage to the target using the higher stat.

Last edited:
Okay, I think that was more than enough time for submissions! Since both Ludi and wishes are not active in here at the moment, I will close voting instead, since wishes asked me to help host this. Here are the options to vote for, though:

voting stage
  1. Dragalge
  2. Clawitzer
I gotta point out that there are some broken ish submissions that I don't really have the time to address to all I'll say is to think twice before voting!

Ludicrousity

You humour me greatly with your arrogance and c...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Okay, I think that was more than enough time for submissions! Since both Ludi and wishes are not active in here at the moment, I will close voting instead, since wishes asked me to help host this. Here are the options to vote for, though:

voting stage
  1. Dragalge
  2. Clawitzer
I gotta point out that there are some broken ish submissions that I don't really have the time to address to all I'll say is to think twice before voting!
Really sorry. I can't hold like, 4 pet mods together at once. If anyone's willing to take this of my hands, it'd be appreciated ;-;

Ludicrousity

oshit this is still on this slate. Sowwy!

I'll tally up votes, feel free to leave other slate ideas.
Also, if anyone's willing to take this off my hands for a bit that'd be appreciated.

Ludicrousity

I guess the voting style in this changed all of a sudden, but w/e. Here are the winners (and my votes ;))

Dragalge: G-Luke, Origin0
Clawitzer: Exploudit, Ninetales Dragons
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Exploudit walks away with Clawitzer

Clawitzer

Stats: 72 HP | 60 Atk | 96 Def | 120 SpA | 96 SpD | 96 Spe (540 BST)
Added Moves: Origin Pulse, Draco Meteor
Summary of Changes: +1 HP, -13 Atk, +8 Def, +7 SpD, +37 Spe (+40 BST)

With Origin Pulse and STAB boosted Dragon Pulse under its arsennal, Clawitzer becomes much scarier to switch into. The added Speed also helps its viability immensly, as it is now capable of outspeeding the likes of Tapu Lele, Kyurem-B. Coverage in Aura Sphere and Ice Beam allows it to nail the likes of Ferrothorn and Tapu Bulu respectively and U-turn gives it momentum.

G-Luke and Origin0 are in a tiebreaker for Dragalge!

G-Luke's Dragalge

Typing: Poison/Dragon
Ability: Corrosion | Adaptability
Stats: 77 HP | 110 Atk | 94 Def | 110 SpA | 123 SpD | 44 Spe (556 BST)
Added Moves: Acid Reflux*, Beserker*,
Summary of Changes: +8 HP, +35 Atk, +4 Def, +17 SpA

Acid Reflux:
| 75 BP | 16 PP | 100% Accuracy | Special | Z-Power: 140
This attack hits Steel-types super effectively and has a 30% chance to decrease the target’s SpD by 1 stage.

Beserker:
| 100 BP | 8 PP | 100% Accuracy | Special | Z-Power: 175
Beserk compares the user's Attack and Special Attack stats, dealing damage to the target using the higher stat.
Origin0's Dragalge

/

Dragalge [Optimized]
Abilities: Poison Point | Corrosion | [HA] Adaptability
Stats: 100 HP / 65 Atk / 100 Def / 110 SpA / 125 SpD / 70 Spe | BST: 570
Added Moves: Recover, Poison Melt*
Summary of Changes: +35 HP, -10 Atk, +10 Def, +13 SpA, +2 SpD, +26 Spe

Poison Melt:
90 BP | 16 PP | 100% Accuracy |
| Z-Power: 175 BP
"The user spits a poison strong enough to dissolve metal."

Dragalge’s main flaws are its horrible speed, low HP stat that undermines its otherwise good defensive stats, its offensively low special attack stat, and its reliance on the unreliable Focus Blast or weak HP-Fire to damage Steel-types any meaningful amount. Adding more HP and defenses gives it the bulk needed to take stronger hits, and Recover is always appreciated on bulkier Pokemon. Its special attack is raised a little to increase its overall damage output and make it more threatening. Its speed is increased a bit so it can better take on slower bulky Pokemon. It gets a new move in Poison Melt that can super effectively hit Steel-types along with having a chance to decrease the target’s special defense to allow it to threaten bulkier targets. The combo of Dragon and super-effective-against-Steel Poison coverage actually gives it perfect neutral coverage in just two moves, with the exception of Shedinja. Poison Touch is replaced with Corrosion because Dragalge almost never uses contact moves on the opponent anyway, though Adaptability is still its best ability. Even then, it is not overpowered because it still fears common Ground-type coverage moves, its speed tier is still mediocre, and it is very predictable.
Sample Set:
Dragalge @ Choice Specs / Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
IVs: 0 Atk
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Poison Melt
- Hydro Pump
- Dragon Pulse (optional Toxic Spikes / Recover if using Life Orb)
Vote for G-Luke or Origin0 for the tiebreaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)