Sticky Orange Islands SQSA Thread

What requirement need to be met so I can battle anabel in SM or USUM?
You only get to battle Anabel like, once in the postgame of SM per se.

If you mean at battle tree, there's no requirement. She is one of the eligible special trainers that appear every 10 battle in supers, and a extremely rare one in fact.
It's also the only special trainer that has legendaryes in her comp.

If I use Knock Off against a Pokémon holding Air Balloon, does Knock Off get the bonus damage? Technically I don't 'knock off' the item since it says "X's Air Baloon popped!"

If I use Knock Off against a Pokémon holding Air Balloon, does Knock Off get the bonus damage? Technically I don't 'knock off' the item since it says "X's Air Baloon popped!"
Yes. It doesn't matter if the item activates before Knock Off can remove it. The same applies to stuff like Focus Sash & Berries.

MichaelXD

Banned deucer.
Can you soft reset for eggs in X and Y? I'm trying to get this male Adamant natured Larvitar in X and that is not the first egg that is generated which by definition is always the same. I just saved the game again at this point after releasing the two Honedge eggs, well after I found out they were Honedge eggs. This is the third egg. The first time I accepted it, I got a Rash natured Larvitar, and all other times, I got an Impish natured Larvitar on that egg itself. I rejected it and then accepted the second one, I got an Adamant female Larvitar and that was the only time I got Adamant doing that step. Are eggs predetermined before you even put your Pokemon in the daycare?

Yesterday, I got a Rash natured Larvitar and then I reset and that time I got a Jolly natured Larvitar and I kept it. I'm looking for Adamant natured male. I thought all the eggs were randomized, not predetermined.

I thought I was told last night that when you save the game after rejecting the first egg, it still counts it as rejected. Well I don't think it's counting it, or the first two eggs, or if I ever save at all at any point after rejecting the third egg.

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Can a male East Sea Shellos pass its ball down when breeding with a female West Sea Shellos?
Yes it can, in Generation 7 it'll be a 50/50 chance between the ball of the Male East Sea Shellos and the ball of the Female West Sea Shellos. The female controls the form though, so all offspring will be West Sea Shellos.

Yes it can, in Generation 7 it'll be a 50/50 chance between the ball of the Male East Sea Shellos and the ball of the Female West Sea Shellos. The female controls the form though, so all offspring will be West Sea Shellos.
That last part I was aware of. (and the reason I framed the question like I did, since one can't catch a West Sea Shellos in Alola though one can trade for one) Thanks for the info.

Can you soft reset for eggs in X and Y? I'm trying to get this male Adamant natured Larvitar in X and that is not the first egg that is generated which by definition is always the same. I just saved the game again at this point after releasing the two Honedge eggs, well after I found out they were Honedge eggs. This is the third egg. The first time I accepted it, I got a Rash natured Larvitar, and all other times, I got an Impish natured Larvitar on that egg itself. I rejected it and then accepted the second one, I got an Adamant female Larvitar and that was the only time I got Adamant doing that step. Are eggs predetermined before you even put your Pokemon in the daycare?

Yesterday, I got a Rash natured Larvitar and then I reset and that time I got a Jolly natured Larvitar and I kept it. I'm looking for Adamant natured male. I thought all the eggs were randomized, not predetermined.

I thought I was told last night that when you save the game after rejecting the first egg, it still counts it as rejected. Well I don't think it's counting it, or the first two eggs, or if I ever save at all at any point after rejecting the third egg.
The easiest way to get an Adamant male Larvitar would be to put that female in the day-care holding an Everstone. A Pokemon holding Everstone will always pass its nature down to its offspring. If you no longer have that female, put an Adamant male in the day-care from the Monster egg group (such as Aron or Rhyhorn) holding an Everstone with a female Larvitar. (or an Adamant Ditto)

MichaelXD

Banned deucer.
The easiest way to get an Adamant male Larvitar would be to put that female in the day-care holding an Everstone. A Pokemon holding Everstone will always pass its nature down to its offspring. If you no longer have that female, put an Adamant male in the day-care from the Monster egg group (such as Aron or Rhyhorn) holding an Everstone with a female Larvitar. (or an Adamant Ditto)
Is the egg generated before he has it?

Is the egg generated before he has it?
It will not matter because the Everstone overrides the randomly assigned nature in favor of the nature of the parent holding it, but the egg's spread is determined when the parents are placed in the day-care, and then the next spread is determined after accepting/rejecting the egg. (especially if the other parent is holding a Destiny Knot, which allows 5 different IV's from both parents, chosen randomly to be passed down, leaving the final stat to random chance) I believe there's an in-depth explanation to breeding in gen 6 around here in Orange Islands somewhere, which will probably help.

MichaelXD

Banned deucer.
It will not matter because the Everstone overrides the randomly assigned nature in favor of the nature of the parent holding it, but the egg's spread is determined when the parents are placed in the day-care, and then the next spread is determined after accepting/rejecting the egg. (especially if the other parent is holding a Destiny Knot, which allows 5 different IV's from both parents, chosen randomly to be passed down, leaving the final stat to random chance) I believe there's an in-depth explanation to breeding in gen 6 around here in Orange Islands somewhere, which will probably help.
We don't hold the Everstone. Another question is why are egg spreads always the same no matter how many times you soft reset before putting your parents into the daycare again?

Last edited:
Another question is why are egg spreads always the same no matter how many times you soft reset before putting your parents into the daycare again?
It's something to do with the game always using the same seeds for each randomly generated thing.

What seeds? I don't understand any of this.
From random.org
As the word ‘pseudo’ suggests, pseudo-random numbers are not random in the way you might expect, at least not if you're used to dice rolls or lottery tickets. Essentially, PRNGs are algorithms that use mathematical formulae or simply precalculated tables to produce sequences of numbers that appear random. A good example of a PRNG is the linear congruential method. A good deal of research has gone into pseudo-random number theory, and modern algorithms for generating pseudo-random numbers are so good that the numbers look exactly like they were really random.

The basic difference between PRNGs and TRNGs is easy to understand if you compare computer-generated random numbers to rolls of a die. Because PRNGs generate random numbers by using mathematical formulae or precalculated lists, using one corresponds to someone rolling a die many times and writing down the results. Whenever you ask for a die roll, you get the next on the list. Effectively, the numbers appear random, but they are really predetermined. TRNGs work by getting a computer to actually roll the die — or, more commonly, use some other physical phenomenon that is easier to connect to a computer than a die is.

PRNGs are efficient, meaning they can produce many numbers in a short time, and deterministic, meaning that a given sequence of numbers can be reproduced at a later date if the starting point in the sequence is known. Efficiency is a nice characteristic if your application needs many numbers, and determinism is handy if you need to replay the same sequence of numbers again at a later stage. PRNGs are typically also periodic, which means that the sequence will eventually repeat itself. While periodicity is hardly ever a desirable characteristic, modern PRNGs have a period that is so long that it can be ignored for most practical purposes.

These characteristics make PRNGs suitable for applications where many numbers are required and where it is useful that the same sequence can be replayed easily. Popular examples of such applications are simulation and modeling applications. PRNGs are not suitable for applications where it is important that the numbers are really unpredictable, such as data encryption and gambling.

What does that mean?
Essentially loading your save onto a computer and viewing and editing data with software to change what natures eggs will hatch as. Not only is doing something like that out of reach for most people, it's a very long winded way of accomplishing a simple task like wanting an Adamant Larviatar. It is also probably against Nintendo's ToS if that matters to you. If you really want a specific nature on a Pokemon and don't want to breed yourself, you can ask here and someone may give you one.

MichaelXD

Banned deucer.
Essentially loading your save onto a computer and viewing and editing data with software to change what natures eggs will hatch as. Not only is doing something like that out of reach for most people, it's a very long winded way of accomplishing a simple task like wanting an Adamant Larviatar. It is also probably against Nintendo's ToS if that matters to you. If you really want a specific nature on a Pokemon and don't want to breed yourself, you can ask here and someone may give you one.
What do you need in order to do that? I've done that now. I'm now off to try to catch a Seviper that's being targeted by a horde of Zangoose.

What do you need in order to do that? I've done that now. I'm now off to try to catch a Seviper that's being targeted by a horde of Zangoose.
Easiest way to breed yourself, without an Everstone, would be to keep hatching eggs. You'll eventually get an Adamant Larvitar but it may take 30 or more eggs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 4)