Sticky Orange Islands SQSA Thread

Eisenherz

επέκεινα της ουσίας
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
If you have at least three silver symbols you can bet BP with a man in the battle frontier. By battling in the structure he tells you (if your battery is dead I belive he only chooses Battle Tower Singles, but I'm not sure on this), you can get up to 15 additional BP per seven defeated trainers. If your only goal is to get the 48 BP for conter this might take longer, due to having to battle and defeat three frontier brains, but this would allow you to get BP faster for possible future projects.
Don't have any silver symbols :/ I would attempt to get 3 for this, especially since my battery isn't dead, but I really only need 48 BP haha, I'm not trying to set this up for future projects, so I'd probably get 48 BP just from getting the 3 symbols anyway. So far the Factory is still the only place I've been able to reliably get some, I guess I'll just grind it for a few more hours :/ This makes me appreciate how easy it is to get BP in Gen 6-7 haha.
Thanks for the answer!

While we're on the subject of Gen III Battle Frontier, which would be the preferred nature for Lati@s - Modest or Timid? Keep in mind that Soul Dew is banned. I'd also be interested in knowing which nature would be preferable for Orre Colosseum (Soul Dew is legal, as are the "Ubers").

MichaelXD

Banned deucer.
I have an ID of 62863. Does that matter for generating perfect stats in XD? What happens when the RNG reporter generates nothing?

I have an ID of 62863. Does that matter for generating perfect stats in XD? What happens when the RNG reporter generates nothing?
Are you looking for perfect shiny spreads, or just perfect spreads? If you're not searching for shiny-only, your trainer ID doesn't matter at all, and there may just be no perfect spreads for that nature. Try broadening the IVs on your search. If you're searching for shiny spreads, then you also need your invisible SID (secret ID) for RNG Reporter to tell you what spreads will be shiny. I don't know too much about XD's RNG, but if it's anything like the other games, then it will be very unlikely that any of your shiny spreads will be anywhere close to perfect.

MichaelXD

Banned deucer.
Are you looking for perfect shiny spreads, or just perfect spreads? If you're not searching for shiny-only, your trainer ID doesn't matter at all, and there may just be no perfect spreads for that nature. Try broadening the IVs on your search. If you're searching for shiny spreads, then you also need your invisible SID (secret ID) for RNG Reporter to tell you what spreads will be shiny. I don't know too much about XD's RNG, but if it's anything like the other games, then it will be very unlikely that any of your shiny spreads will be anywhere close to perfect.
How could there be no perfect spreads for a Jolly Dugtrio on Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness? How do you use an action replay?

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
While we're on the subject of Gen III Battle Frontier, which would be the preferred nature for Lati@s - Modest or Timid? Keep in mind that Soul Dew is banned. I'd also be interested in knowing which nature would be preferable for Orre Colosseum (Soul Dew is legal, as are the "Ubers").
I have seen wersters' run on YouTube and you cannot outspeed the Battle Frontier with Timid nature. You miss out on lots of important 2HKOs without Modest. So I think it's one of those where if your team can outspeed all over Pokemon with a different slot in your team, then definitely run Modest for those 2HKOs. You can run Metagross to clear up any frail mons faster than it, and even run Dragon Dance /Tyranitar/Gyarados/Salamence if you need to outspeed every Pokemon in the Frontier.

How did the "Swords Dance Buzzwole" meme originate? Google doesn't seem to tell me anything. Buzzwole doesn't even learn Swords Dance.
Someone here on Smogon made a mistake looking through the Move Tutor data and wrongly assumed Buzzwole learned Swords Dance. I can't find the name of the person right now, but it's a meme to make fun of them.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
I don't care about their rules and policies. I want to use action replay. Don't they cheat too on the server? They make every Pokemon have 31 IVs all over and they always give them +Speed nature in RANDOM BATTLES. Makes no sense!
So, while I don't actually remember what your original post was, odds are it violated rule 4 of this forum found here.

4. Do not ask for links to emulators or ROMs, provide access to them, or discuss ways to exploit them for personal gain.

Beyond that, PS is a battle simulator, emphasis on simulator. Things which take time to do on cartridge or even aren't possible are done there in the interest of experimenting or saving time - kind of like how flight simulators will let you build a plane in seconds or see what happens when you try to fly on Venus. Wifi (cartridge stuff) takes a dim view of hacked Pokemon as well, as you can read here.

In short, it's likely whatever you posted violated rule 4 of this forum and either way this isn't the way to ask about your post being deleted - the right way is to ask a moderator of that forum why it was deleted in a PM.

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
HOW CAN YOU TELL IF A POKEMON IS HACKED IF IT HAS ALL LEGITIMATE STATS? THAT MAKES NO SENSE!
the reason why we don't support discussion of generating/hacking mons on cart (i think) is because nintendo/tpci might try to shut smogon and ps down if we did. they are strictly against hacking and they've shut down a lot of stuff related to hacking in the past (see: a few rom hack projects, people in tournaments with illegal poke balls are disqualified iirc).
How did the "Swords Dance Buzzwole" meme originate? Google doesn't seem to tell me anything. Buzzwole doesn't even learn Swords Dance.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/good-qdb.3568142/post-7194108

MichaelXD

Banned deucer.
the reason why we don't support discussion of generating/hacking mons on cart (i think) is because nintendo/tpci might try to shut smogon and ps down if we did. they are strictly against hacking and they've shut down a lot of stuff related to hacking in the past (see: a few rom hack projects, people in tournaments with illegal poke balls are disqualified iirc).

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/good-qdb.3568142/post-7194108
So if you had Arceus in a Master Ball from Hall of Origin, because I definitely would've chucked my Master Ball at it like it was Shadow Lugia, Mewtwo, maybe Tyranitar, Lugia, Ho-oh, Entei, Raikou, Suicune, Deoxys, Latias, Latios, Mew, etc etc etc, maybe even Zekrom, Reshiram, or Zygarde, it counts as a hacked Pokemon? Or if you have a Speed Boost Blaziken in a Poke Ball that's supposed to be from the early or earliest days of the X and Y events, it's a hack? Let me know on what you mean by "illegal."

The issue isn't that we care of if you can identify if whatever poke you use is legal or legit or not (which are, 2 different terms btw, as a LEGAL poke is simply a pokemon that has no charateristic that cannot be normally obtained in game, while a LEGIT mon is a mon actually normally caught / bred in game).

The issue is that we do not discuss of hacks nor endorse the use of them because it's forbidden.

Period.

Well I say they are the same thing! I win.
...Are you kidding me? That is the most childish thing I've ever seen here.

Point is, asking for help to use third-party devices to modify the game is against the rules here on Smogon.

Legit versus legal is a distinction we must make.

and as an aside: Hall of Origin Arceus are actually only obtainable by hacking since that requires the Azure Flute which was never released, so an Arceus from the Hall of Origin in a Master Ball is illegal and a hack.

THEN HOW DO YOU GET THE POKEMON LEGITIMATELY IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANY MONEY TO GO TO THE EVENTS? LIFE IS SO STUPID!
Chill with the bloody caps and quit tantruming.

It's called trading, either here on Smogon or on Pokemon Showdown or many of the other sites across the internet. But considering Smogon (and Pokemon Showdown) are so against hacking, you'll more likely get a legit Pokemon here than elsewhere. Pokemon is a social game with Wi-Fi capabilities. Use your head.

MichaelXD

Banned deucer.
That's basically like asking "how do I get Whimsicott in Pokemon Moon without hacking".

Makes sense :3
I don't play Pokemon Moon. Sorry. I'm only trying to record X and Y and change my Dugtrio's stats in Pokemon XD and get perfect stats on all other Pokemon in third gen, not necessarily third gen Pokemon, but I'm considering all Pokemon.

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
WHAT IF I DON'T WANT TO TRADE? AND YOU CAN'T BECAUSE THEY SHUT DOWN WIFI PERMANENTLY FOR THOSE GAMES! I WANT WHAT I BELIEVE I WOULD'VE BEEN ENTITLED TO HAVE WHEN I WAS 15-16 YEARS OLD AND EVEN PAST MY 18TH BIRTHDAY, THEY STILL NEVER RELEASED IT! Yes, my profile here is wrong. I put I was born in 1996, but I was really born in 1991.
look. if you want to use an action replay to get event mons or increase ivs or whatever, no one's stopping you. you just can't trade them here, that's all.

also you can get arceus (semi)legitimately through tweaking, which you might be interested in (search it on yt)

WHAT IF I DON'T WANT TO TRADE? AND YOU CAN'T BECAUSE THEY SHUT DOWN WIFI PERMANENTLY FOR THOSE GAMES! I WANT WHAT I BELIEVE I WOULD'VE BEEN ENTITLED TO HAVE WHEN I WAS 15-16 YEARS OLD AND EVEN PAST MY 18TH BIRTHDAY, THEY STILL NEVER RELEASED IT! Yes, my profile here is wrong. I put I was born in 1996, but I was really born in 1991.
Then ACT like you were born in 91! Hell, act like you were born in 96 since that would make you 22 years old! You're throwing a bitch fit as if you were FIVE!

If you don't want to trade, then you are SOL and you will have to ask how to use your hacking devices on some website that doesn't have a rule against hacking. Or use the power of the almighty Google to search for a tutorial.

MichaelXD

Banned deucer.
look. if you want to use an action replay to get event mons or increase ivs or whatever, no one's stopping you. you just can't trade them here, that's all.

also you can get arceus (semi)legitimately through tweaking, which you might be interested in (search it on yt)
Well what if I do and say they were caught that way? Or would you know they were edited because I said I was looking for help, however?

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
MichaelXD

Chill out.

As other users have pointed out, hacking or otherwise asking for help with Action Replay is specifically against the rules of Smogon in general. There are plenty of other websites that would be more than capable of answering your question. Smogon is not one of them.

As Pokemon Showdown is simply a Battle Emulator, it has no relevance to the games and 31 IVs are perfectly fine to have. Specifically asking for codes to generate/modify Pokemon outside of the game cartridges is prohibited here.

I have decided to leave some of your posts here as other users have given good responses and answers to your queries. I suggest you take a few days to evaluate the answers you have been given and your conduct on Smogon.

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
Well I see Michael got banned, but I might as well add on to this answer for future reference.

Shadow Pokémon cannot be shiny in XD; only Pokespot and the Starter Eevee/Duking’s Pokémon can be shiny. It’s basically the polar opposite of Colosseum, where Shadow Pokémon could be shiny, but giftmons like Plusle and the Starter Eeveelutions are shiny-locked.

I know about the swords dance shedinja and the swords dance qwilfish but I'm wondering if there's any more that become unavailable after gen 3?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)