ORAS Doubles C&C Index and Reservations

Checkmater

It’s just us kittens left, and the rain is coming
is a Tiering Contributor
can I do a raichu analysis? I've already got 2 analyses going but they're kinda just sitting there waiting for qc checks and I wanted to write one on Raichu

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
can I do a raichu analysis? I've already got 2 analyses going but they're kinda just sitting there waiting for qc checks and I wanted to write one on Raichu
Assuming this is the set you'll do, not a chance, even after your current ones finish.

Checkmater

It’s just us kittens left, and the rain is coming
is a Tiering Contributor
love being in the contributions forum and still getting this kind of attitude, why even contribute

-it's as standard as a "standard set" for raichu is going to get. I'm not even the one who made it: Hashtag did

-I'll put slashes or w/e. Raichu is a flexible mon that has a good movepool depending on team and a definite niche

-the whole point of the qc phase/wip phase/people putting suggestions is to modify the set, you can do that/make suggestions if you want

http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...n-thread-full-dex-in-op.3554108/#post-6504404 you asked for a raichu analysis yourself lmao why are you giving me this kind of bullshit

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Assuming this is the set you'll do, not a chance, even after your current ones finish.
thats the best raichu set you fuckass, with focus sash slashed (edit: and nuzzle whoops)

as much as check is a dumbass, im in favor of giving him permission to write this because 1) it's not that important of an analysis and hes willing to do it and 2) you really can't fuck this one up

Last edited:

Bughouse

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
checkmater75, I'm not giving you (or Hashtag) any particular attitude. Head Smash Scrafty is evidence that I'll listen to your set when it is logical. That's a move I had never even considered on numerous teams on which I've used Scrafty, but it's a good choice. That Raichu set however would get an instantaneous QC reject 1/2 from me. And from the looks of it, it would get one from Memoric too. I don't care if it works on one team. It would never be a recommended analysis set. Fake Out, Encore, and Feint together is so duplicative I can't even. And beyond that most variants of that set are still largely outclassed by Infernape, who learns all 3 moves and offers a real offensive presence (or at least bluffs one while wasting 3 slots on roughly the same effect).

So why don't I approve checkmater and then just make a dozen changes? Because analysis writing is not a system where the writers come in and say "I'll write this mon - QC tell me what the acceptable set is." The set is expected to come in quite close to correct. It is not the job of QC to radically fix things. If vast changes would be necessary, the analysis should be rejected. Most of QC's effort should be spent on making sure the actual ANALYSIS part of the analysis is good. So if I believe I already know the set he'd post (since he's posted it before...) and I know that it is not up to snuff, I'm both saving everyone time and maintaining quality in the dex by saying no. And while I could maaaybe support a Raichu analysis, it is such a borderline mon already that I'm not rushing to approve it for approval's sake.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Take two: as DOU co-TL and a Smogon super moderator, I override Bughouse's decision and give checkmater75 permission to write up Raichu; I will discuss moves and slash order with him privately if necessary.

Raichu is already such a heavy tech that running all of Fake Out / Feint / Encore is hardly out of the question anyway (and lol can you imagine pulling off a Feint + Encore on a Protect lol that would be so good)

fun fact: "we don't need a Raichu analysis right now" would have avoided all of this

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
And from the looks of it, it would get one from Memoric too.
disclaimer: i just liked it because checkmater75 got to be the punching bag again; it didn't really mean anything :(

I love you check, no hard feelings tbh

Stratos

Banned deucer.
checkmater75, I'm not giving you (or Hashtag) any particular attitude. Head Smash Scrafty is evidence that I'll listen to your set when it is logical. That's a move I had never even considered on numerous teams on which I've used Scrafty, but it's a good choice. That Raichu set however would get an instantaneous QC reject 1/2 from me. And from the looks of it, it would get one from Memoric too. I don't care if it works on one team. It would never be a recommended analysis set. Fake Out, Encore, and Feint together is so duplicative I can't even. And beyond that most variants of that set are still largely outclassed by Infernape, who learns all 3 moves and offers a real offensive presence (or at least bluffs one while wasting 3 slots on roughly the same effect).

So why don't I approve checkmater and then just make a dozen changes? Because analysis writing is not a system where the writers come in and say "I'll write this mon - QC tell me what the acceptable set is." The set is expected to come in quite close to correct. It is not the job of QC to radically fix things. If vast changes would be necessary, the analysis should be rejected. Most of QC's effort should be spent on making sure the actual ANALYSIS part of the analysis is good. So if I believe I already know the set he'd post (since he's posted it before...) and I know that it is not up to snuff, I'm both saving everyone time and maintaining quality in the dex by saying no. And while I could maaaybe support a Raichu analysis, it is such a borderline mon already that I'm not rushing to approve it for approval's sake.
this post is retarded to be honest.

a dozen changes? what do you plan to change on the set? slash focus sash with balloon (but balloon is viable, i've built balloon raichu before) and Nuzzle in front of Volt Switch (but Volt Switch is maybe still worth keeping, i know champetero used it on his perish trap) and maybe change the EVs (not like any of the EVs but speed fucking matter). There's nothing else than can be changed. Do you want it to run iron tail to counter diancie or some shit?

Sure it's not a great Pokemon, nobody is saying it is. But the point is to be a dedicated support pokemon that can deal with thundurus extremely well. Infernape can't deal with thundurus at all (nor can it spread paralysis). It's up to the QC leaders whether it deserves an analysis—but for what it's worth, I throw my vote toward it getting one, and it makes sense for DOU tier leader Arcticblast to tiebreak it—but even if it doesn't deserve an analysis, the problem is not checkmater's set, it would just be raichu.

Bughouse

Well if that's the Raichu set that is believed to be good, then no. I don't approve it period, regardless of who is writing it.

Note the VGC set online. It has Focus Sash. It has Fake Out and Encore, but no triple-duty Feint. It also runs Thunderbolt instead of the baffling Volt Switch. Protect/HP Ice round it out. The other moves are all considered OO, as they should be. That's the set I'd even consider approving. And I'd probably favor helping hand even over Feint or Nuzzle. Or even Fling holding King's Rock.

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
You don't ask for QC checks here. I don't want this to be said again for the nth time :|

If you want a check, ask a QC member personally. They'd be more inclined to do so when asked personally, too (probably).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)