ORAS OU Analysis Reservation Index - READ CAREFULLY AND ALL CURRENT WRITERS MUST READ

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
The message was implying that they are aware since aim commented on breloom asking for an update earlier.

Tyrantrum doesn't seem to be listed on any of unreserved/reserved/in progress/completed. Thought I'd mention it, since it's viable and seems like an oversight.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Could I get permission to revamp Wobbuffet? Now that Custap has been released, its best set is the Custap Berry set as it allows you to ease prediction when it goes down by locking your opponent into an attack with Encore to ensure a safe turn for the Pokémon which comes in next or take them out with Destiny Bond. Granted, Wobb isn't very good. However, I feel that the current analysis for it is a little outdated.

Could I get permission to revamp Wobbuffet? Now that Custap has been released, its best set is the Custap Berry set as it allows you to ease prediction when it goes down by locking your opponent into an attack with Encore to ensure a safe turn for the Pokémon which comes in next or take them out with Destiny Bond. Granted, Wobb isn't very good. However, I feel that the current analysis for it is a little outdated.
The current Wobbuffet analysis is only outdated because it lacks the perspective of the ORAS metagame, especially the mentioning of Mega Metagross and Mega Lopunny, two Pokemon that are common targets for Wobbuffet to trap. Wobbuffet's analysis in general does need a revamp, as Healing Wish is not as mandatory as I conceived it to be back in late XY, despite it being useful. However, the issue with the analysis is whether or not the writer actually knows how to use it. From my experience, many of the strategies that people attempt to use on Wobbuffet, such as attempting to Pursuit trap it, using weaker attacks to avoid being KOd by CounterCoat, and bringing in Dark Types to force it out, can actually backfire, as Wobbuffet can easily play around these strategies. I personally have no experience with Custap Wobbuffet, but you are downplaying how useful Sitrus Berry can be in enabling Wobbuffet to trap an additional opposing Pokemon. Sitrus is actually quite useful due to how much more flexibility you have when taking hits, and Safeguard is still a very useful support move for Wobbuffet's teammates when facing defensive builds that Wobbuffet struggles against. I would prefer to make Custap + Destiny Bond an entirely different set for this reason. I do not mind you doing the Custap set, but my biggest question is whether or not you fully understand how to use this Pokemon, as most people do not fully understand how it actually works (hint: it is not as straightforward as it seems).

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
The current Wobbuffet analysis is only outdated because it lacks the perspective of the ORAS metagame, especially the mentioning of Mega Metagross and Mega Lopunny, two Pokemon that are common targets for Wobbuffet to trap. Wobbuffet's analysis in general does need a revamp, as Healing Wish is not as mandatory as I conceived it to be back in late XY, despite it being useful. However, the issue with the analysis is whether or not the writer actually knows how to use it. From my experience, many of the strategies that people attempt to use on Wobbuffet, such as attempting to Pursuit trap it, using weaker attacks to avoid being KOd by CounterCoat, and bringing in Dark Types to force it out, can actually backfire, as Wobbuffet can easily play around these strategies. I personally have no experience with Custap Wobbuffet, but you are downplaying how useful Sitrus Berry can be in enabling Wobbuffet to trap an additional opposing Pokemon. Sitrus is actually quite useful due to how much more flexibility you have when taking hits, and Safeguard is still a very useful support move for Wobbuffet's teammates when facing defensive builds that Wobbuffet struggles against. I would prefer to make Custap + Destiny Bond an entirely different set for this reason. I do not mind you doing the Custap set, but my biggest question is whether or not you fully understand how to use this Pokemon, as most people do not fully understand how it actually works (hint: it is not as straightforward as it seems).
I'm not saying that Sitrus isn't useful - Sitrus is still a good way of using Wobb. However, it just seems that the Custap set functions better on different teams. Maybe it was a stretch for me to say "best set", its just that I have had more success with it than I have with the Sitrus set... that's probably just my playstyle talking XD.

Alfalfa you are probably more qualified to do this than me. Make a few teams with Custap Wobb as I think that you are probably the only person really that should write it. The main purpose of the post was less as a reservation myself (I've just re-read it and realised that I said the wrong thing in my post) but more to point out that Wobb needs a revamp.

p2

Banned deucer.
Does Gengars analysis need a revamp considering it was made in October last year? If so, could I get permission to revamp it?

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Does Gengars analysis need a revamp considering it was made in October last year? If so, could I get permission to revamp it?
All the necessary updates have been fixed over SCMS (smogon content managing system) which included removing mentions of banned pokemon and adding icy wind to the LO set and maybe a few other things. Not much else needs to be done, but if the QC team thinks it needs an update they'll say so.

Reactions: p2

p2

Banned deucer.
All the necessary updates have been fixed over SCMS (smogon content managing system) which included removing mentions of banned pokemon and adding icy wind to the LO set and maybe a few other things. Not much else needs to be done, but if the QC team thinks it needs an update they'll say so.
Alright, I see how it works. I was just assuming it was outdated because the analysis itself still had mentions of Greninja or no Icy Wind mentions.

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Man you're too on top of it. I wanna do an analysis but it looks like most of the stuff I use regularly is taken or done already.

kumiko

formerly TDK
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
[10:42:31 PM] TDK: AM
[10:42:37 PM] TDK: even tho im not a badge holder can I take Defensive MLatias
[10:42:58 PM] AM: ok tdk
[10:43:11 PM] AM: just post in reserve thread with permission by me
[10:43:26 PM] TDK: im going to copy paste logs
[10:43:31 PM] TDK: js
[10:43:33 PM] AM: k
[10:43:35 PM] Henry: can you include this
[10:43:40 PM] Henry: this

Reactions: AM

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)