Project ORAS Rarely Used Teambuilding Competition V5 [Week 31 -Voting]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like i said, i don't care if everyone thinks my team is trash, or if they think the other team is blatantly better and vote for that instead. I realize one of my faults is getting too worked up over stuff like this, but the very basics of this thread calls that people should actually look at and think about every team. I always try not to be hurtful, and i apologize profusely to anyone who has taken this poorly. I may have been abusive, overly aggressive, or threatening (spirit certainly agrees), especially when being salty about how slurmz took my/our team and posted it as an individual (and now apparently agrees with the very virizion he removed from my team? lol?) or at people who have expressed "ideas" that i disagreed with (namely cruton and dtc, who I have nothing against now or will have in the future).

The whole of my messages, however, have been a benign discussion of team(s), and is being taken poorly in the light that this is a competition (which is a factor that I have been entirely ignoring, especially once the first few votes were in). I plead people to step out of the mentality that this thread is solely for posting and voting on teams, when it would instead benefit much more from a discussion of teams and perhaps the intrinsic advantages and weaknesses of the challenge/core for a round.

The truth is, I don't even know how many people have legitimately read my posts in entirety (at least slurmz has, thanks bud :3). It's kind of sad that the unintended consequences of this are working entirely opposite of what I intended, where Aldo has to say

Im not even gonna bother pointing flaws cause it doesnt matter at this point
which pretty much stifles the very discussion that I want and have asked from the people participating in this thread, while focusing solely on the results of the competition or the voting, which again, I frankly couldn't care about (especially at this point where I've already lost). Seeing as Aldo has played against the team several times, it'd be great to hear some discussion from you bud.

Here's a more timid version of my response to DTC:

Hey DTC, thanks for posting some discussion about my team! I think you have a few misconceptions however, so let me clear them up. Firstly, my team's rocker is not diglett, and my team does not lack roar when that's exactly what my blastoise runs. You implying that the lack of heal bell or wish severely neuters a team relying on defensive utility is somewhat flawed in my mind (I also have two status absorbers and the other two are immune to toxic, which helps with this); could you kindly elaborate further on this point? Additionally, I don't agree with your judgement that my team being "primarily specially defensive" is bad when a) You didn't really explain a strong connection between that and a poor team, as this isn't a case of my team lacking physical defense at all and b) It is actually primarily physically defensive, with registeel, blastoise, and weezing all having more defense than special defense. I agree wholeheartedly that the 3 mons you mentioned are threatening for my team to face, but I do believe they are reasonable enough to handle and not common enough for you to claim that I must be kidding myself to believe this team can be viable in a serious setting. Perhaps if you could elaborate a little more on the "random small holes" that are unique to my team, I can better understand the point you are trying to make. I do agree that it would be better if my team could be faster, but a) not every team can afford to have a lot of speed, and thus instead compensate in other areas, and b) the fact that both diglett and dugtrio trap the opponent and significantly limit counterplay makes this problem much less apparent, although definitely still existing.

Regarading llamas post, it is true that dugtrio is not necessary to support malamar (this is just the route I chose to take with this team). Dugtrio is still worthwhile, however, as it functions as a method to guarantee removal or weakening of anything that can check malamar (diancie is one example), and also can defeat things that threaten the team as a whole (think CM Delphox or LO hoopa, for example). The fact that malamar needs time to boost and sweep, and is also sometimes put in a position where it can get a kill but can't sweep, should make it apparant that it not only needs support in setting up, but also needs support in fully sweeping. That's exactly what my team is intended to do with dugs + the rest of the defensive core, but interestingly enough, the team doesn't actually win games this way as much as I intended, as weezing or other members also acts as more passive wincon at times.
Its also true that I originally built this team for ladder play and counterstyling, but this does not mean that the teams effectiveness is solely limited to these areas, and further testing has revealed to me that it can function well outside of the ladder meta against the general metagame and against competent opponents. This is where the difference between me and everyone else lies, because I have actually played with this team much more than anyone else. I definitely need to test it more however, and in no way is it perfect, which is why I posted it here, in hopes to garner some discussion about the team. Thanks for the post though llamas, I appreciate the honest and straightforward (but not aggressive) discussion you brought up.

As a "side note", it'd be great if other people could discuss their thoughts on the other team as well, as slurmz and I have been the only ones to do so, and we both probably want to modify the team and make it a bit better, which this would help with.

If you must know, I voted for the team that would give more success to me. Diglett is a worse version of Dugtrio, something that does exactly one thing for the team against some very uncommon Pokemon (Bug moves are very rarely run unless it's STAB, which you should see coming from a mile away; in fact, the only common bug coverage is Signal Beam on Jolteon. Everything else bug is run by the likes of Escavalier, Accelgor, and Vivillon). Therefore, Dugtrio has little use and Diglett is a complete waste of a teamslot, especially when the most common bug coverage move is U-Turn, something that gets around Arena Trap. This is the flaw I saw in your team, and why I voted for the other one.

I think what some people seem to be misunderstanding is that all people aren't going to have the same success as others using the same team. People to enjoy using teams that fit their play style, and that may be reflected in the votes. In the end not all players are going to have the same experiences with the same team and not all people will play the same team in the exact same way, thus leading to people not necessarily facing the same struggles when using a team.

And tbh I find this argument to be dumb. Not everyone is going to love a team as much as you, the creator, do. In fact, some people may find it plain dumb. However, if you enjoy using it, that's fine. But when you enter a team into a competition, expect critique. When faced with critique, don't just tell people their wrong. Instead, listen to that critique, see where they're coming from, and then decide if you think it's valid or not.

Edit: hey Take Azelfie can we have the due date for voting be tomorrow since it would've been a week and I think most people are tired of the saltiness of this thread :3

Last edited:

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
Okay this discussion went and got itself to out of hand. While I'm not the one to go out there and make a long and informative post I feel like I need to state a few things in order to make sure the next week goes smoothly.

First off is FlamingVictini's wanting more discussion rather than just picking a team. This helps to develop the teams a bit and give the builder some potential advice they may want to take into consideration. While I can't tell if this is because he is salty about the team steal or because he thinks his team is obviously better but discussion is definitely healthy for thisbthread unless someone post something more aggressive (referring to DTC's post) or someone gets a little bit over protective of the team and says it is perfect how it is even though it isn't. The post Slurmz made is a great example of what to do.

Second point I'm going to point out is team submissions. slurmz posting a team with no description/building process kind of defeats the purpose of this thread. It isnt to put out the best team so someone can steal it but rather to help players understand how you go about building a team around a Mon/core. This development can help with team building in general. FlamingVictini it is quite obvious that Diglett is a questionable Mon which kind of leads players to picking slurmz team. While creativity is a good thing sometimes it is way out of the ball park. This is why I encourage replays to be given since 1) they show the team has actually been used 2) they showcase how your team supports the focus of the build. Showcasing situations where having a 8move trapper or secure trapping is a great way to convince voters that you're team isn't bad because of 1 Mon.

Hopefully this leads next week in the right direction. Oh and yes I will be giving a new core today because everyone is tired of this and I also would like the building stage to be during the no suspects ladder.

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
The winner of this week is...
slurmz!

Okay here is your new core

Rotom + Toxic Spikes user

Rotom on itself disrupts a lot of teams by being a relatively fast Volt Switchers, spin blocker that deals with blastoise, and status spreader via Will-o-Wisp and Discharge which only boost Hex to extremely levels. But when combined with a Toxic Spikes setter Rotom bbecomes a very scary pokemon to deal with.

Submissions are due: Friday June 3

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Lets post something, I like this thread.

Rotom @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 120 HP / 136 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Discharge
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Substitute

Weezing @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Def / 224 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flamethrower
- Sludge Bomb

Diancie @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Heal Bell

Blastoise @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 212 Def / 48 Spe
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Refresh
- Scald
- Toxic

Virizion @ Lum Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Zen Headbutt
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat

Sneasel @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Low Kick
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash

Nothing particularly innovative, just a simple straightforward team using rotom + toxic spikes as a way to pressure bulkier builds. Standard sub hex rotom here to take advantages of mons like registeel, etc, etc. Weezing is the toxic spikes user of choice thanks to its favorable traits like the ground immunity, utility moves like will-o-wisp for opposing ground types and poison + fire coverage being pretty sweet. Standard moveset.

Next needed a rocker and in virtue of recent suspect test decided to stay away from mega steelix awaiting the result of that so, decided to choose diancie as my rocker since it is a pretty good one, capable of healing status, handling annoying threats like fletchinder and malamar. Blastoise is the best spinner available, toxic being able to punish every spinblocker while refresh helps it avoid being worn down by status in case diancie falls.

Offensive battery of choice is swords dance virizion with zen headbutt to put the pressure on toxic spikes absorber like venusaur and pursuit sneasel is like amazing and helps trapping annoying psychic types like sigilyph and stuff. You know the deal.

Fighting types must be played around carefully, typical stuff. Flygon is annoying in particular but with respective immunities and resistances you should be fine. Even with sneasel, psychic types like slowking are annoying so toxic spikes play a big part here.

Cheers!

Last edited:
I am NOT letting this team go to waste. This is the first stall team I've built in a while, and I LIKE IT.

479.gif
+
452.gif
+
531.gif
+
199.gif
+
379.gif
+
330.gif

కోపానికి (Rotom) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Discharge
- Substitute

మరణం (Drapion) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 204 SpD / 56 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Taunt
- Toxic Spikes
- Aqua Tail/Poison Jab/Pursuit/Earthquake

చాలా కొవ్వు విషయం (Audino) @ Audinite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Wish/Rest
- Heal Bell/Sleep Talk
- Dazzling Gleam

అలసిన మరియు విసుగు (Slowking) @ Colbur Berry/Rindo Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 84 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock/Psychic
- Slack Off
- Thunder Wave

నా జీవితం అంతం (Registeel) @ Chople Berry/Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 240 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Protect
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave

ఇది దయచేసి (Flygon) @ Leftovers
EVs: 116 HP / 140 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

This team is, unsurprisingly, built around Rotom+Drapion, which pressures so many builds that it's crazy. I chose Drapion because it dealt with Psychic types, provided a knock switch-in, and lured camel with aqua tail pretty well (you could run pursuit or eq to check jolteon and hoop, but drapion already scared out hoopa with speed creep (s/o Ryoma Nagare for ev spread)). I chose Audino next because of the pressure it could apply, and also how Drapion and Rotom share pretty good defensive synergy with it. CM audino also provides a solid wincon, a switchin to stuff like Sneasel when Drapion is weakened, and checks Flygon pretty well. Next, we have Slowking, a hard stop to pretty much any fighting-type, even the ones that carry knock off. I didn't want to have to carry colbur+sub on room, as that would wear it down pretty fast and would force me to run pain split, and rotom already has mild 4mss as it is. It also lures dark-types for Audino to use as setup fodder, which is nice. It's also a safer switchin to ground and steel types than rotom, which you don't want getting worn down. Fifth, we have Registeel, sitting there, just being a fat fuck. This team lacks rocks, an essential move, a move which registeel utilizes highly effectively. I figured that I would just slap it on and see if it fit or not, and it indeed did. Drapion can only take so many Leaf Storms, Slowking so many Freeze-Drys (Freeze-Dries?), Audino so many Icicle Crashes. Registeel blanket checks all of these mons, and acts as the glue of this team, coming in, tanking hits, dishing out paralysis, getting up rocks, and coming back out. Lastly, we have defog Flygon, the fastest mon on the team. If you haven't noticed, because I didn't, SD Drapion 6-0's this team. Flygon outruns and KOs it with EQ, while potentially forcing a switch and defogging. Dragon Claw hits other Dragons and provides solid neutral coverage alongside Earthquake (s/o Ryoma Nagare for EVs here, too.)

This team is forced to play around SD Drapion a bit, but Flygon helps a lot versus it, and should be fine with careful playing.

Something I found interesting was Wish+Heal Bell or RestTalk on Audino. In a pinch, Heal Bell + Wish was immensely helpful, heling to preserve Rotom, Drapion, and Flygon and save them from imminent death. Ultimately, the choice is up to the user.

(I'm probably gonna lose because it's stall, anyway.)

Last edited:

fran17

(1999)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Rotom+Drapion was the starting core as they have a good sinergy. Seismitoad was added because it can check Fire Types which are problematic for Rotom as they are immune to WoW and Drapion can't actually do something to them unless a weak Poison Jab, and Seismitoad also added a Stealth Rocker and a Tyrantrum check which is important for every team. At this point the team was looking too much passive because it was slow and couldn't check a prominent threat to the tier, Virizion, and I also couldn't do nothing to prevent my opponent to Defog away my hazards. So I added Sneasel and scarf Delphox, both mon that can check Virizion decently, and Sneasel can weaken Flygon with Pursuit, making it more difficult to Defog a second time. Aromatisse was added in the end because the team needed a cleric and a wish passer because the only passive recovery of Leftovers wasn't enough, and it's a good Fighting Type check as Rotom and Delphox can be hit by a Knock Off or another coverage move.

I've Protect on Drapion because it's cool to scout choice mons and gives a free turn of recovery and damage to the opponent with the Toxic Spikes.
Rotom @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Discharge
- Substitute

Drapion (M) @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 216 SpD / 44 Spe
Careful Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Protect

Seismitoad (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 220 Def / 40 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Scald
- Earth Power

Sneasel (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard

Delphox (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psychic
- Trick

Aromatisse (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy

feen

control
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Ah I was scrolling down the forums and I saw this, well this is a team I used in Battle of the Week vs Molk, where I won. This team was around the core of Shuca Berry Drapion and Rotom, Drapion has Ice Fang in order to Lure Flygon. I know the Drapion spread is pretty weird, but it lives a +2 Virizion Close Combat which is pretty nice. I added Medicham because it's a great cleaner and because it appreciates Toxic Spikes. I needed a solid Venusaur counter, so dual status Registeel is used, which can spread status for Rotom as well. Colbur Berry Meloetta with Dazzling Gleam is used to lure Spiritomb and other Dark-types. Finally, the team seemed weak to Emboar, so I added HP Power Water Houndoom, which lures it. Houndoom also deals with Sigilyph and Delphox, which threatens the team.
Drapion @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Ice Fang
- Toxic Spikes
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab

Rotom @ Leftovers
EVs: 136 HP / 120 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunderbolt
- Hex
- Substitute

Medicham @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pure Power
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Baton Pass
- Thunder Punch

Registeel @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss

Meloetta @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

Houndoom @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Sucker Punch
- Hidden Power [Water]

I really feel like there was a very nice batch of teams here and I could easily see myself voting for any of them, but I think I have to go with Arifeen. I just feel like Rotom+Toxic Spikes+Medicham would just win so many games, as a ton of Medicham's switch-ins hate toxic spikes. Ice fang is definitely great on drapion on this team, as it can get Flygon, who's usually their hazard remover as well as a levitating mon, out of the way for Toxic Spikes to really take its toll. Many grounded Poison-types are taken care of by registeel, which is neat. The team ironically struggles a little bit with opposing Drapion, But most of them can be paralyzed or RKed by cham. The team doesn't really like Scarfed fkygon, but I'm pretty sure EonX and I are the last two people alive using that.

I liked the stallish approach that Drangonn took, but like many stall teams it is weak to certain threats that most stall team hate, like CB Rhyp and Exploud.

Fran's was definitely good, but I could see Diancie+Alomomola being quite hard to break without Trick shenanigans from Delphox. I know that Phox and Sneas aren't taking anything anyway, but rocks or even spike stack looks a little annoying. Still, a really good team and certainly better than I could've done with the core.

Aldo's team looks really reliable, but something like gurdurr could potentially give the team hell, especially with Weezing gone. A well played LO cham could also be annoying, as Sneasel could struggle to revenge kill if it has bullet punch.

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Aldo's team looks really reliable, but something like gurdurr could potentially give the team hell, especially with Weezing gone. A well played LO cham could also be annoying, as Sneasel could struggle to revenge kill if it has bullet punch.
Diancie and toxic spikes putting gurdurr in a timer make it easier to handle but it is a legit threat like every other fighting type. LO Cham with the coverage available has no switch-ins :V what a monster, omg. But yeah thanks for pointing that out tho, gonna try pain split on the weezing to see how it goes.

And to vote, Arifeen, I dont like how neither meloetta or houndoom arent calm mind or nasty plot, at least one of them but the team composition is pretty clean.

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
The winner is...

This weeks Mon is

Aerodactyl! It remains in the second highest speed tier only falling short of Accelgor. It has access to a colorful movepoll filled with coverage and utility options to fill you're teams need. It also gets better with the recent banning of Mega Steelix and Tyrantrum as the former hard walled it and the latter was generally preferred over Aerodactyl.
Teams are due June 19'th

its a good day boys. and as usual on good days i drop fiery teams, killing the competition. shout out to slurmz for inspiring me to exist
Aerodactyl @ Life Orb
Ability: Rock Head
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Earthquake
- Roost

Drapion @ Liechi Berry
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Natural Gift
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

Slowking @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Psyshock
- Scald
- Trick Room
- Nasty Plot

Camerupt @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 176 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Toxic

Venusaur @ Life Orb
Ability: Overgrow
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Sleep Powder

Uxie @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 192 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psyshock
- Thunder Wave
- U-turn

Obviously I started this team with Aerodactyl, and I noticed one of aero's biggest fears besides half of the tier is Rhyperior and Seismitoad. Probably the most effective lure I could think of to these mons was none other than Natural Gift Grass Drapion. This set has come in handy in other situations as well, for example knock off + ng kills Alomomola as long as you aren't burnt, and pretty much every bulky water except Slowking can get lured out depending on the situation. OTR Slowking was my next pick being a cool extra wincon that could check also break grass types and more defensive cores. I still feared Flygon, so I added Camerupt to break it as well as serve as a sure check to Registeel. Camerupt also greatly benefited from TR Slowking. Originally the last slot was Virizion but I valued the immediate power Venusaur brought as well as the fact that it was a safer Alomomola counter (on offense I find you should also have a Pokemon that can ohko alomomola just in case). Lastly Uxie was added, since I was concerned about my match-up vs scarf Medicham with no Slack off offensive Slowking as my only check. Uxie can also pivot into dangerous attackers such as Glalie and thunder wave them. The team struggles with Ice types, specifically Sneasel, but I felt confident while testing it with Colbur Slowking, Camerupt and Thunder Wave Uxie as checks.

twinkay

la bella vita
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I made a team
Jurassic

Aerodactyl @ Life Orb
Ability: Unnerve
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Aqua Tail

Venusaur @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder
- Synthesis

Uxie @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 192 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heal Bell
- Thunder Wave
- Psyshock

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Defog

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Focus Blast
- Rock Slide

Magneton @ Choice Specs
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Obviously I started the team with Aerodactyl. It's pretty standard, but Aqua Tail is a neat lure for M-Rupt and Rhyperior. Venusaur was added to pressure Water and Rock types and it can put certain threats to sleep. Uxie provided hazards and can slow down certain Pokemon with T-wave, potentially allowing Aerodactyl to beat certain scarfers and Accelgor. Heal Bell was added to relieve status such as burns and paralysis, which my team is pretty weak to. Uxie also serves as my primary way of dealing with Medicham. Choice Scarf Flygon serves as a revenge killer, hazard remover, and Fire check all in one. Mixed AV Tangrowth is a good switch-in to special moves and can provide general utility with Knock Off, and again, it can provide pressure to Water, Rock and Ground types in case Venusaur faints. Magneton is the glue of the team. It patches up some major weakness (most notably Ice and Flying) and it also hits insanely hard, it has pretty good bulk as well. Another bonus is that it lures Flygon. Some of the team's major weaknesses are Medicham (mostly relies on Uxie to paralyze and weaken it, the rest of the team is massively threatened otherwise), and Ice types such as Mega Glalie (this can be played around with Magneton and Aerodactyl, but EQ would be a disaster)

I'm not that great at teambuilding, but I hope you like the team!

THE ADVENTURES OF TINTIN

640.gif
009.gif
437.gif
142.gif
210.gif
camerupt-mega.gif

Aerodactyl @ Life Orb
Ability: Unnerve
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Aerial Ace/Ice Fang
- Roost

Blastoise @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Rapid Spin
- Refresh

Virizion @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

Camerupt-Mega @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 168 HP / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Toxic

Granbull @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Play Rough
- Thunder Wave
- Earthquake
- Heal Bell

Bronzong @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Earthquake
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

If you don't know what the Adventures of Tintin is, it's an old famous cartoon series by a Belgian artist named Hergé, or Georges Remi. The series centers around a reporter named Tintin who travels the world with his loyal dog Snowy, fighting crime by doing things like beating up mob leaders in Chicago to illegally moving across China to find a cure to a fatal disease. It's a pretty good series, and it also is pretty well-known, so I wouldn't be surprised if you've heard of it.

Anyway, onto the team analysis.

So I started with 3 attacks + Roost Aerodactyl, a unique set that has a great niche in its coverage and ability to break offensive teams with ease. Next, I went with Blastoise, to spin away hazards and check ground-types such as Rhyperior. At this point, my team was really electric weak, so I immediately added a Virizion. A lot of teams only have Granbull as a Virizion counter because of how common SD is, so I wanted to surprise 'em with a LO Giga Drain, possibly even at +1. Next off, we have a stnadard bulky Mega Camerupt, to relieve some of the defensive stress that Aero has to endure (because let's be honest here, it ain't takin 3 Fire Blasts). It also finishes off a nice Fire/Water/Grass core with Blastoise and Virizion. Immediately after we have a Granbull, to double as a backup Darkspam check, a Virizion check, a status spreader, and a cleric, while maintaining decent offensive prescence with Play Rough and Earthquake. Lastly, we have Bronzong, a check to special attackers that's not called Registeel. Because of Virizion and Granbull, I figured the Dark weakness wouldn't matter too much, as Virizion and Granbull help in the matchup versus darkspam and Blastoise helps check superstrong Fire-types, and Aerodactyl provides an offensive check as well.

READ TINTIN IT'S GOOD

Last edited:

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
FlamingVictini's team, told him to give me the team in case I updated this before he posted

Aerodactyl @ Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head
Jolly Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Tail / Earthquake
- Double-Edge

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 24 SpD / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Toxic

Spiritomb @ Black Glasses
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 232 HP / 224 Atk / 4 SpD / 48 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit

Venusaur @ Meadow Plate
Ability: Overgrow
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Knock Off
- Synthesis

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 216 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def / 16 SpD / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch / Heavy Slam
- Ice Punch / Fake Out

Jynx @ Leftovers
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 8 HP / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Lovely Kiss
- Substitute
- Nasty Plot
I built this team around the idea of CB Aerodactyl, but it evolved into something else. At first I thought LO outclassed CB, but its very nice to not take LO recoil and be forced to roost, especially with hazard damage and no removal. CB Double Edge with Rock Head hits extremely hard, and is a good cleaning move when you don't want to risk an edge miss or if they have a rock resist still (like flygon). AA is STAB that allows me to threaten fighting and grass types (on other teams I would consider EQ instead), and Aqua Tail hits Perior and Camel specifically, although EQ is another nice option to also hit steel types (one thing I don't like about it, however, is being locked into a move that flygon and flying types are immune to).

Seismitoad has really good defensive synergy with Aero, taking on electrics without hp grass, water mons without coverage / status to beat it, and absorbing rock and steel moves. It also provides necessary rocks support and can wear down mons for aero with toxic (which is also important to beating slowking).

While Aero can threaten both fighting and psychic types, it lacks pursuit and cannot switch-in to them, so I thought spiritomb would be really good here to support the team in that area. I also definitely wanted a secondary grass and water answer, and something to give this team another offensive presence, so I thought venusaur would be a great fit. I'm using Knock Off here to hit steel types (HP Fire only helps more with escavalier, which is not as common or problematic as registeel right now) which helps out jynx and aero a lot, and i'm using meadow plate as the extra power of LO is not preferable on this set due to the recoil.

At this point I was badly in need of an Ice resist to stop things like glalie and abomasnow from running over me, and I knew I would appreciate an answer to darks as well. AV Yama seemed like a perfect fit here as a bulky attacker with Thick Fat and priority options as well.

Finally, I wanted something that could really pressure the opponents team and work to sweep or heavily break an opponents team up so aero can clean. Jynx seemed like a great fit as it can really push through teams and pressure the mons that can beat aero. This mon has been the second hero of the team and really fun to use, so I'm glad I decided on this.

Voting period has begun!
Kableye's Rigamortus
KittenGaming's Jurassic
Drangonn.'s Adventures of Tin Tin
FlamingVictini's Talisman

Voting till the 25

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)