ORAS UU Analysis Reservation Thread

*Really sorry if this isn't the right place to post this, Forums is too complicated for me*

I would like to request a new set added for the Moltres analysis. Since UU lacks reliable defoggers, I think Moltres has potential to replace Salamence. Not only does it prevent rock set up from 95% of UU rockers but also handles major threats in the tier such as Mamoswine, Krookodile and Conkeldurr (even Specs Sylveon without any Spdef investments!). The set is as following:-

Moltres @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Defog
- Roost
- Hurricane
- Fire Blast

It pairs up well with things like Mega Aggron/ Steel types since it is immune to ground types and absorbs fire + Fighting moves. It can also be paired up with Empoleon and Mega Blastoise so it can successfully handle all the rock setters in the tier.

Last edited:

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
*Really sorry if this isn't the right place to post this, Forums is too complicated for me*

I would like to request a new set added for the Moltres analysis. Since UU lacks reliable defoggers, I think Moltres has potential to replace Salamence. Not only does it prevent rock set up from 95% of UU rockers but also handles major threats in the tier such as Mamoswine, Krookodile and Conkeldurr (even Specs Sylveon without any Spdef investments!). The set is as following:-

Moltres @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Defog
- Roost
- Hurricane
- Fire Blast

It pairs up well with things like Mega Aggron/ Steel types since it is immune to ground types and absorbs fire + Fighting moves. It can also be paired up with Empoleon and Mega Blastoise so it can successfully handle all the rock setters in the tier.
The problem is your Defog user comes in at 50 percebt every time. Also i wouldnt say UU lacks hazard removal at all. Also mence wasnt a good defogger

Take Azelfie, Moltres is great at preventing rocks and other hazards being set up in the first place. It prevents hazards being set up by common hazard setters like Cobalion, Krookodile, Swampert, Tentacruel, Metagross, Mamoswine, Forretress etc. It can be used along Empoleon or Mega blastoise for any pokemon that it doesn't cover. Also, I think UU definitely lacks concrete hazard removers. The hazard removers that we have right now are Mega-Blastoise, Tentacruel, Empoleon and Crobat. Only one of them has recovery and I don't think you can say UU doesn't lack UU hazard removal when there are literally 4 viable options (5 if you want to count Forretress). Also, whats wrong with defog mence? I think it was a pretty good defogger. PS try out Moltres and see how it goes, its surprisingly really good at its job

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
If anyone missed it in the discussion thread, Tangela is up for reservation. Quagsire needs an analysis too but it already had one in the past and nothing much has changed for it in the tier since then, so we'll just be uploading the old one again with changes wherever necessary.

Reactions: nv

Hilomilo

High-low My-low
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I think Mienshao's intro on its analysis could be changed. It just kinda triggers me when it says that its the best fighting type with Nape, Hera and Conk in the tier (stupid reason, I know XD). I also think that specially defensive Forretress could be added as one of its sets, especially considering that custap is on there atm. I would've also said the perfection that is CB Infernape needs to be worked on, but it looks like someone finally came around and started writing it :) Other than a few stupid things that only bother me, you guys do an excellent job with this thread and the analyses! Keep it up :D

I think Mienshao's intro on its analysis could be changed. It just kinda triggers me when it says that its the best fighting type with Nape, Hera and Conk in the tier (stupid reason, I know XD). I also think that specially defensive Forretress could be added as one of its sets, especially considering that custap is on there atm. I would've also said the perfection that is CB Infernape needs to be worked on, but it looks like someone finally came around and started writing it :) Other than a few stupid things that only bother me, you guys do an excellent job with this thread and the analyses! Keep it up :D
Probably should've posted this somewhere earlier, but the QC team is currently working on going through each Pokemon's analysis and getting it up to date in terms of recent bans, tier shifts, and metagame stuff. Should be just a few weeks till everything gets looked at, updated, and saved. Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)