OU Analyses Discussion Thread

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey 4 EVs should be moved from attack or HP into speed on the Mega Heracross analysis to prevent adamant Bisharp from tying with it, because it currently has a 50% chance of being able to pick off Mega Heracross with Iron Head. Same goes for adamant Breloom if it carries Natural Gift or Rock Tomb. This is problematic because Mega Heracross should be able to check them consistently with it's typing, having a 50% chance to take unnecessary damage (especially a potentially boosted hit) is kinda detrimental to this aim.

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey 4 EVs should be moved from attack or HP into speed on the Mega Heracross analysis to prevent adamant Bisharp from tying with it, because it currently has a 50% chance of being able to pick off Mega Heracross with Iron Head. Same goes for adamant Breloom if it carries Natural Gift or Rock Tomb. This is problematic because Mega Heracross should be able to check them consistently with it's typing, having a 50% chance to take unnecessary damage (especially a potentially boosted hit) is kinda detrimental to this aim.
The current mega Heracross Ev's spread reaches 219 Speed wich is slower than both mon you mention, and in set details only recommend max max Jolly. You have been confuse with something else.

Martin

is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
The current mega Heracross Ev's spread reaches 219 Speed wich is slower than both mon you mention, and in set details only recommend max max Jolly. You have been confuse with something else.
Oh I've just checked and I forgot to account for the speed drop when it megas when I was looking at it in the teambuilder. My bad :s

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Oh I've just checked and I forgot to account for the speed drop when it megas when I was looking at it in the teambuilder. My bad :s
I like your idea of outspeeding those mon before mega evolv, but the current EV's on attack and HP play a really good rol, attack investment secure the 2hko on clef with rock blast, while decreasing 4 evs on this stat to put it on speed the roll decrease a lot, from 87 to 67. And the hp is for make 4 subs and survive a 1 hp. However Loom and Sharp runs Jolly nowondays and Mega Hera is so bulky that can take hits from those mons confortably.

Martin

I like your idea of outspeeding those mon before mega evolv, but the current EV's on attack and HP play a really good rol, attack investment secure the 2hko on clef with rock blast, while decreasing 4 evs on this stat to put it on speed the roll decrease a lot, from 87 to 67. And the hp is for make 4 subs and survive a 1 hp. However Loom and Sharp runs Jolly nowondays and Mega Hera is so bulky that can take hits from those mons confortably.
Yeah my post was based on me forgetting to account for the speed drop due to the fact that I build with the base form as opposed to the mega; you wouldn't realistically be in a position where the tie would matter too much pre mega unless you desparately need Heracross as healthy as possible as you will be mega'd already once it is in range of being KOed anyway (unless NG Fly Breloom, in which case it will matter), and even then if you are still at that point in the match they would probably just switch out of you anyway (once again, assuming no NG Flying or jank Aerial Ace set on Bisharp). Technically speaking you could get a more efficient Sub number which would leave you with 3 HP after 4 subs as opposed to 1 while hitting this pre-mega benchmark by moving a further 4 EVs to attack, which doesn't directly affect this roll in particular but may affect another one (or speed creeping in the teambuilder and taking it out of HP), which is technically better to prepare for than risking the speed tie on the off-chance that they do stay in for whatever reason to potentially crit and happen to be running adamant>jolly.

That said I don't think I've either seen or used Jolly Breloom for a very long time (last time I knowingly faced one was probably six months ago, and I personally never use it 'cause I usually build for power>speed on prio users barring SD Talon), so the jolly statement is more applicable to Bisharp than it is to Loom.

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Wait Specs KyuB actually has an analysis? LOL

Yeah fuck that, I agree it should be deleted immediately. No reason to give a set an analysis that's purely a lure/gimmick. Specs Kyurem is so much better and Kyurem isn't that relevant. Speaking of which, shouldn't Kyurem get an analysis at least for its Specs set? I know it's really outshined by Kyruem-B as a Pokemon, but it's still viable, hell it's above D on the VR. So I suggest removing Specs on Kyurem-B and adding an analysis for Specs Kyurem.

HailFall

my cancer is sun and my leo is moon
Some other things i feel should be changed in the analyses

Clefable
For the unaware set, i believe clefable is most suited to a spread of 248 HP / 56 Def / 204 SpD (calm nature) which lets it take on boosting special attackers like manaphy, serperior, volcarona, thundurus(-t), and work up mega pidgeot. Specifically, this spread allows it to avoid the 2hko from the rare life orb serperior's leaf storm after stealth rocks, and the rest is dumped into defense to give it a better chance to avoid the 2hko from things like kyurem-b's fusion bolt. The reason i feel this spread is better for unaware clefable is that it is for the most part outclassed by quagsire as an unaware wall for physical attackers like lando or garchomp, as quagsire has significantly better physical bulk and a resistance to stealth rock. Clefable's only real niches over it as a physical unaware wall are access to aromatherapy and the ability to check a few select attackers like cm latios. Instead i think clefable is better suited to taking advantage of its fat spdef and great typing in a specially defensive role, as this really helps it to solidify its niche as an unaware wall that isnt completely outclassed by quagsire.

Chansey
This is pretty minor but i think stealth rock deserves to be an actual slash, probably with toxic and thunder wave. Its an excellent setter thanks to it getting the chance to set it up on nearly every special attacker in the tier while also having good matchup against most common hazard removers (starmie and latis). This has seen tons of usage on popular stall teams to the point where its basically standard, its by no means a poorer option than toxic or twave imo.

Sableye
Similar to my point with chansey, but I feel the reccomended moves dont reflect how mega sableye is typically used right now. I'd say it should be changed to something like this:
- Knock Off / Foul Play
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Fake Out
and then mention running both knock off and foul play on the same set as an option in the moves section. The justification for this is simple: this is what almost all sableye run right now because of how crucial getting a safe mevo is for sableye. The stall teams mega sableye fits best on absolutely detest hazards getting up, so having a garunteed way to pressure the setters is super important. Its easy to force sableye out by leading with a sableye check and then pivoting into your sr setter later on and getting rocks up since sableye hasnt had a chance to safely mevo. Fake out gives you the ability to avoid this and for that reason is just a crucial move to have on sableye right now, so i feel the analysis should reflect this.

Another thing: i feel metal burst should be moved to other options and not mentioned in moves. Sableye gets worn down quickly enough as it is, and sableye is better just switching out on its checks. Sableye has a shit hp stat in the first place meaning metal burst isnt doing as much as youd like it to, and putting your self in range of being one shot by stuff like lando is an absolutely terrible idea. theres really not a lot of reason to use this move, its pretty gimmicky overall.

Blissey
Idk about this analysis, it makes calm mind out to be a poor option for blissey when thats really its only niche over chansey. Cm lets blissey beat some very threatening mons for stall like manaphy and also serve as a wincon (albeit a mediocre one at best). Not sure if this analysis is one of those ones that got done beforehand but wouldnt get one now. I just feel this analysis kind of misinforms people on how to use blissey, idk. The sets on there are both just chansey but worse.

Latias
I feel cm mega latias should be an actual set. Its definitely a viable option (possibly better than the standard defensive set on there now) and is an extremely powerful wincon thanks to how quickly it accumulates boosts due to its insane bulk. Just a mention in moves isnt enough imo considering how differently the two sets play, and the fact that they tend to run seperate offensive moves (stored power, psyshock, surf, and dragon pulse all come to mind).

Lopunny
Should sub be a set? Ive literally never seen this used once by anyone else and every time ive tried it its been incredibly underwhelming. Giving up fake out which is one of lopunny's best moves just sucks, and the utility substitute provides seems like not nearly enough to warrant a slash much less an actual set. The ability to play around stuff like wishtect chansey and tect ferro just doesnt seem like enough to make this set actually worth using. This is just my opinion on the matter but i dont see this set as very good. Much more like an other options thing imo.

Last edited:
Lucario

Lacks mention of Bullet Punch in Moves or even OO. It revenges Mega Diancie, Scarf Tyranitar, and Terrakion, while doing a lot to Clef at the same time, so it's definitely not bad.

Kyurem-Black

Upgrade Naive to a main slash on the LO set, outspeeding Adamant Mega Medicham is great. Also mention Rash, as making yourself less weak to prio is cool, and most of the special attackers Kyurem can check have ways of getting around it anyway.

Tornadus-Therian

On the LO set, I thing the slashing should be something like this:

Tornadus-Therian @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 76 Atk / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower / Heat Wave
- U-turn / Taunt
- Knock Off / Taunt

Losing U-Turn is unfortunate, but Knock Off + Taunt is an incredibly annoying combination for fat teams. Also for the AV set, make Timid the only ability imo. Even with Timid, Superpower still does a ton to Chansey after Knock Off damage, and it still kills after about 9% extra damage after SR with the lowest rolls possible, which is not hard to get. Also getting blown back by Latios after SR sucks too. I'd make the main spread the 168 HP one, but w/e.

Mega Gyarados

http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/pokemon/gyarados/ou/

Someone fucked up the formatting, so fix it. Also deslash Adamant, it's ass

Clefable

Demote CM + LO to OO, Leftovers are too nice to give up. Maybe mention a Bold spread like 252 / 216 Def / 40 SpD to take 2 HJKs from Adamant Mega Medicham (rip if Zen) or 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpD to take on Scarf Lando better. Even if you think these spreads are trash, taking on Mega Heracross and the like more reliably is always nice. On the LO + 3 Attacks set, some more speed benchmarks, like 84 for Skarm and maybe even max timid for ada Bisharp, is cool. Also remove Beedrill and Gallade from its Overview, nobody uses them that much. Also, how is Clef a Zard X check again, max bold unaware drops after 2 Flare Blitzs.

HailFall

Pinsir
I think eq should be moved to other options or maybe just unslashed. In such a rotom and ttar heavy meta theres very little reason not to use close combat. Earthquake's tiny little niche of OHKOing heatran isn't enough to justify a slash imo when it leaves you comfortably walled by one of the best and most common mons in the metagame, rotom-w. Its not like heatran is taking the close combat well anyways, and megagross isn't as common as it used to be.

Feint should probably be slashed with quick attack, its a decent option for talon weak teams and it has the added bonus of being able to pick off stuff like weakened lando without taking rocky helmet damage. The power difference isnt super noticable anyways.

Garchomp
I would personally reorder the sets Offensive Stealth Rock>Mega Swords Dance>Substitute + Swords Dance>Tank Chomp>Mixed Attacker>Choice Scarf. The specific order is gonna be a little disputed probably but i think most people would agree that tank chomp should not be the first set anymore and that chomp is best suited to an offensive role.

Substitute + Swords Dance should probably be renamed "Salac Berry" with the slash for lefties removed. I would then slash substitute with endure. Would it be feasable to merge this with the other swords dance set?

I think Mega Swords Dance should simply be labled something like "Swords Dance + 3 Attacks" (or just swords dance if this is merged with the salac set), and the item slot should be changed to Life Orb / Garchompite. I think regular garchomp pulls this set off just fine even if mega does have some perks. I would also slash fire fang with fire blast because while fire fang might not have the same damage output as fire blast before boosting, after boosting to +2 its going to be doing more to everything except like physdef skarm and it also has a handy flinch chance and doesnt miss.

Tyranitar
I would slash chople berry with smooth rock. Idt i really need to explain what this does but yeah its definitely a very decent option.

Bisharp
I would reccomend moving av and pursuit trapper into other options. Tyranitar is just a better prusuit trapper that takes dracos much better than bish could ever hope to. Much more suited to be actually coming in on latis.

Latios
I think the analysis should use some sort of slashing that emphasizes that psyshock is not mandatory and only has a few select targets. It is nice neutral coverage on faries and such and hits mega venu/amoonguss but i really dont think its mandatory. Below is just a general reccomendation from me, probably not perfect, of what i would make it look like.

- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock / Surf / Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Fire / Surf / Thunderbolt / Roost
- Defog / Roost

Also pretty minor thing but from what i understand and my personal experiences surf has been overall better than earthquake and it also has a few niches like letting you 1v1 gliscor and hippo more effectively and ohko mega diancie. Im fine if it replaces eq or not. I think tbolt deserves a slash because imo its a solid option to take on water types like volcanion, slowbro, and manaphy without special attack drops. It also lets you break spdef skarmory and sometimes even slowking.

Jirachi
On the spdef set i would slash stealth rock with toxic and body slam, as jirachi is one of the few seters with good matchup against latis. Additionally i would change the slashing lower down to include healing wish and u-turn as primary options, as they have been seeing much more usage recently. something like this (possibly with different slash order)

- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock / Toxic / Body Slam
- Healing Wish / Wish
- U-Turn / Protect

Rotom-W
Maybe restochesto should be moved to other options. Its pretty niche and not needed anywhere near as often as a slash would make you think.

Pinsir
I think eq should be moved to other options or maybe just unslashed. In such a rotom and ttar heavy meta theres very little reason not to use close combat. Earthquake's tiny little niche of OHKOing heatran isn't enough to justify a slash imo when it leaves you comfortably walled by one of the best and most common mons in the metagame, rotom-w. Its not like heatran is taking the close combat well anyways, and megagross isn't as common as it used to be.

Feint should probably be slashed with quick attack, its a decent option for talon weak teams and it has the added bonus of being able to pick off stuff like weakened lando without taking rocky helmet damage. The power difference isnt super noticable anyways.

Garchomp
I would personally reorder the sets Offensive Stealth Rock>Mega Swords Dance>Substitute + Swords Dance>Tank Chomp>Mixed Attacker>Choice Scarf. The specific order is gonna be a little disputed probably but i think most people would agree that tank chomp should not be the first set anymore and that chomp is best suited to an offensive role.

Substitute + Swords Dance should probably be renamed "Salac Berry" with the slash for lefties removed. I would then slash substitute with endure. Would it be feasable to merge this with the other swords dance set?

I think Mega Swords Dance should simply be labled something like "Swords Dance + 3 Attacks" (or just swords dance if this is merged with the salac set), and the item slot should be changed to Life Orb / Garchompite. I think regular garchomp pulls this set off just fine even if mega does have some perks. I would also slash fire fang with fire blast because while fire fang might not have the same damage output as fire blast before boosting, after boosting to +2 its going to be doing more to everything except like physdef skarm and it also has a handy flinch chance and doesnt miss.

Tyranitar
I would slash chople berry with smooth rock. Idt i really need to explain what this does but yeah its definitely a very decent option.

Bisharp
I would reccomend moving av and pursuit trapper into other options. Tyranitar is just a better prusuit trapper that takes dracos much better than bish could ever hope to. Much more suited to be actually coming in on latis.

Latios
I think the analysis should use some sort of slashing that emphasizes that psyshock is not mandatory and only has a few select targets. It is nice neutral coverage on faries and such and hits mega venu/amoonguss but i really dont think its mandatory. Below is just a general reccomendation from me, probably not perfect, of what i would make it look like.

- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power Fire / Surf / Thunderbolt / Roost
- Defog / Roost

Also pretty minor thing but from what i understand and my personal experiences surf has been overall better than earthquake and it also has a few niches like letting you 1v1 gliscor and hippo more effectively and ohko mega diancie. Im fine if it replaces eq or not. I think tbolt deserves a slash because imo its a solid option to take on water types like volcanion, slowbro, and manaphy without special attack drops. It also lets you break spdef skarmory and sometimes even slowking.

Jirachi
On the spdef set i would slash stealth rock with toxic and body slam, as jirachi is one of the few seters with good matchup against latis. Additionally i would change the slashing lower down to include healing wish and u-turn as primary options, as they have been seeing much more usage recently. something like this (possibly with different slash order)

- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock / Toxic / Body Slam
- Healing Wish / Wish
- U-Turn / Protect

Rotom-W
Maybe restochesto should be moved to other options. Its pretty niche and not needed anywhere near as often as a slash would make you think.
ironically, i like to use EQ + MB in mega pisnir, set up sd on the switch without mega evolve, 9/10 of the players will think that you miss clicked and than lose their rotom-w to a +2 eartquake with mold breaker

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
HailFall

Walking home from work so not going to address all your points. Think you bring up a lot of good things though, mostly.

The reason I'm responding is to let you know QC team has had a bit of discussion on Jirachi. Seeing as the Spdef rocks pivot is generally one of he stronger sets it may just get its own set "Stealth Rock" since it plays quite differently from Spdef Wish Protect. Just as a note, nothing official has been decided yet on this but the Jirachi thing hasn't flown under our radar entirely

I honestly think that foul play isn't really necessary on amoonguss if at all and it should be unslashed and moved to the other options,the reason i say other options is because many people have answers to physical set up pokemon,like quagsire skarmory landorus ect.So if they don't have anything for setup pokemon that can be an alternative if they have amoonguss on their team,p lus i dont think foul play is as on par as its other moves like clear smog spore stun spore ect and not as useful as them too.

Last edited:
I agree that Latios' analysis needs some changes, HailFall's post here seems pretty right and Latios needs some Psychic mentions there since it's a viable move. Speaking about Psychic, the Choice Scarf set definitely needs it as a main move instead of Psyshock, it is much more consistent since it has more base power and is a stronger STAB against the likes of Landorus-T and Rotom-W, Psyshock from Scarf Latios deals low damage to Chansey anyway and AV Raikou doesn't exist anymore, Psychic is certainly the best move and you could also mention Volcanion somewhere in Latios analysis since it's a threat that it checks.

Also, quoting one of my older posts so more people see it and maybe get it fixed ASAP.

why does the slowbro analysis have t wave as a main move and then psyshock slashed with CM? :o Psyshock should be the mandatory move because you aren't going to use t wave + CM as if you are using CM, you need psyshock so you don't have mono water coverage and ignore opposing spD boosts, that what makes Slowbro an awesome calm mind user, you defeat opposing calm mind users and hit pokes like Amoonguss and Venusaur, CM (with psyshock of course) is objectively the best set for Slowbro and the analysis as it is now seems plain wrong and misleading, please change to this:

Slowbro @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind/Thunder Wave

On the topic of Latios, I feel that the moveset should be like this: (minor edit of HailFall's)
- Draco Meteor
- Roost / Surf / Hidden Power Fire / Thunderbolt
- Defog / Roost

I think Roost should be the main 3rd move. A very common reason that people use Latios is for a Water check and Defogger at the same time. From my own perspective, I rarely even use 3 attacks Latios. The utility in Defog and longevity is one of the best traits of Latios and I don't think that they should be first priority regarding this set. A lot of the time, using Latios without Defog is like running Starmie without Rapid Spin, and without Roost Latios doesn't even remove hazards and check stuff well. Basically, I feel that Roost and Defog are kind-of tied together and should usually come as a pair. I changed and put Surf in front of HP Fire as it hits more stuff in general. In my few experiences of using 3 attacks Latios when I tried both, Surf definitely came in handy more often.

p2

Banned deucer.
thats way too many slashes imo

for me the ideal one would be

- draco
- psyshock (with a mention of extra coverage in moves if the team isn't venu weak)
- recover
- defog / surf / hp fire

eq and tbolt can get a mention afterwards in moves

i would also say recover is basically mandatory on latios right now anyway since otherwise it's just a really shitty keldeo check

also the dex has been having issues, so we've been unable to submit changes and get stuff uploaded / merged :s

thats way too many slashes imo

for me the ideal one would be

- draco
- psyshock (with a mention of extra coverage in moves if the team isn't venu weak)
- recover
- defog / surf / hp fire

eq and tbolt can get a mention afterwards in moves

i would also say recover is basically mandatory on latios right now anyway since otherwise it's just a really shitty keldeo check

also the dex has been having issues, so we've been unable to submit changes and get stuff uploaded / merged :s
I have heard mentions of the usage of Psychic on Latios instead of Psyshock. I think the targets were Azumarill and some other mons, but I am unsure if that still stands in today's metagame

I think it's just fine just include Psyshock. Psyshock represents the Psychic STAB of Latios and it is understood that Psyshock and Psychic are interchangeable. Similarly, MZam's analysis just states Psychic and doesn't include Psyshock which is pretty usable on its own. Psyshock is generally the better option for Latios' STAB so it should remain there, without Psychic being slashed.

Medicham cannot learn Swords Dance so it's clearly a mistake.

tdp edit: i just went ahead and assumed they meant mega gallade here so i changed it to that, reckon it might be removed altogether bc not super viable but that's not my call to make

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, they certainly messed up Medi with Gallade but if the thing is being viable, then just put "Mega Medicham", no?

More things that need some tweaks:

On the Heatran analysis, adapt the first set to the fast support variant and mention the spD spread on set details and i'd deslash Protect and Roar too as they aren't viable and common enough to be slashed.

On the Weavile analysis try to insert CB there, say something like "If Pursuit is being used, Choice Band instead of Life Orb is an option, it becomes unable to switch moves but doesn't have the recoil from Life Orb and becomes a more effective Pursuit trapper overall since it can use this move against healthier targets or pokemon with more physical bulk and helps with its damage output in general, scoring the 2HKO with Icicle Crash against Clefable for example."

On the Tyranitar analysis i found a few things. Ice Punch should not be slashed with Crunch on the Choice Scarf set, i find it silly to sacrifice a STAB move like that, it doesn't seem a great move on it but if anything, put over Superpower but even then, you lose precious coverage, i think you should deslash the move and change it from x to y.

X: Ice Punch can be used to hit Gliscor, Garchomp, and Landorus-T if a reliable secondary STAB move is not needed.

Y: Ice Punch can be used in the place of Superpower to hit Gliscor, Garchomp, and Landorus-T but this isn't very recommended since Tyranitar loses the ability to reliably revenge kill threats such as Bisharp and Lucario and it gives it a harder time against Ferrothorn and Keldeo for example.

Also, on the Support set, the items should appear as Chople Berry/Smooth Rock, Chople currently only appears on Set Details and is considered more useful than Smooth Rock as it helps with Focus Blast users and Superpower Tornadus-T for example plus Smooth Rock is counterproductive on Mega Charizard Y teams, which are fairly common. I'd also mention Rock Slide somewhere on the support set due to higher accuracy and it seems better on Thunder Wave variants due to ParaFlinch and speaking about T-Wave, it certainly seems more slash worthy than Crunch imo, i think paralyzing threats like Keldeo or Mega Lopunny on the switch is valuable.

I think Diancie's main spread should be changed to max atk and posts like this seem to explain it pretty well.

I agree with you for the most part, only having different opinions on the Heatran and MDiancie part.

It's fine by me to deslash Protect but I think Roar should be kept. Roar is a great option for phazing, a precious thing for many teams. I'm not gonna go around and say that Heatran is an excellent phazer, but from my experiences with Roar Tran it has worked decently and saved me a few times. Here are some things that it can phaze:
- Clef: Having Clef TWave you can get extremely annoying, even if you have Taunt.
- Raikou: Less common but getting the Roar while it's behind a Sub could be vital.
- SubSeed Serp: Nice try
Although there's not an entire bunch of mons it can phaze well, the utility definitely comes in handy and is far from an "other option".

I think it's fine to mention its CB set in the moves part, but I wouldn't put it on the moveset part as LO is generally better.

I agree with you. It's definitely not worth replacing any of Scarf Tar's 4 moves for the Ice coverage. Same with the inclusion of Chople Berry.

I have mixed opinions on this. Max Attack MDiancie is definitely better than the standard set right now but I don't think the current set should be changed. Max Attack is mentioned on the EV Spreads part anyway and I think it's fine as it is.

HailFall

yeah i think cb weavile is super overrated even on pursuit variants i like LO to prevent stuff like terrakion taking advantage of you as easily. i think its just way too easy to play around for a slash, though just a mention is probably fine imo.

Last edited:
Just a small mention about this guy's AV set:

This is its dex set:
Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty/Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower / Focus Blast / Heat Wave
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Putting Heat Wave as the first slash has definitely been mentioned before so I won't go on about it.
ericaroselia also suggested that Focus Blast should be removed, and I agree with him on this because no one ever uses it.

What I want to talk about is its other EV Spread:
248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid

I'm not exactly sure what this set achieves yet but I have heard many good comments about this so I'll get back to this thread later.
Here I am, back with some calcs:
Latios' Psyshock
252 SpA Life Orb Latios Psyshock vs. 96 HP / 0 Def Tornadus-T: 207-243 (64 - 75.2%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Latios Psyshock vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Tornadus-T: 207-243 (57.3 - 67.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

(Adamant) Bisharp's Sucker Punch
252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 96 HP / 0 Def Tornadus-T: 220-259 (68.1 - 80.1%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Tornadus-T: 220-259 (60.9 - 71.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

MMedicham's HJK
252+ Atk Pure Power Mega Medicham High Jump Kick vs. 96 HP / 0 Def Tornadus-T: 233-275 (72.1 - 85.1%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Pure Power Mega Medicham High Jump Kick vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Tornadus-T: 233-275 (64.5 - 76.1%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Bulky MZor's +2 BP
+2 44 Atk Technician Mega Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 96 HP / 0 Def Tornadus-T: 229-270 (70.8 - 83.5%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 44 Atk Technician Mega Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Tornadus-T: 229-270 (63.4 - 74.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
It can be seen from this calcs that the extra HP investment makes quite a big difference when it comes to taking some priority or moves Torn-T might like to switch into.

As for the nature, I think Timid should be the first slash because AV Torn-T hates losing physical bulk. This drop in Def just makes it ultra-prone to getting revenge killed and pursuit trapped, something that it just hates straight down to the core. Also, you need Timid>Hasty to ensure that those calcs up there are effective.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)