Project OU Community Create a Team | COMPLETED (see p. 22, post #545)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
the team is sorta slow and scarf lando snacks on stuff being whittled by hazards yeah

who needs azumarill switchins

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
last time I checked, having normal gyarados as your azu switch in isn't a recipe for success. I'll vote for Rotom-W if we make it fast with 128 speed and sitrus berry so that the team's momentum doesn't get dicked on every time that azu comes in.

Nedor

thiccc
hi! the last voting phase is now over, meaning we have finalized the team. here are the results:

nasty plot celebi | 1 vote
banded azumarill | 0 votes
physdef rotom-w | 1 vote
scarf landorus-t | 8 votes

with that, scarf landorus-t is the last member of the build alongside lucario | latios | garchomp | klefki | mega gyarados!

honestly, i do not think a workshop needs to be organized over on ps! to finalize everything as the team has already been tested (extensively may i add) and is also fairly straightforward. paper dreams took the initiative and responsibility of testing the team in 36 games and the build proved to be fairly consistent in what it does in almost every single matchup; he also prepared a couple of paragraphs describing his thoughts / experiences with the team, optimal sets (keep in mind you may change sets around depending on personal preference), etc. this post will be directly below this, and will also include the final importable, which can also be found on the OP. thank you buddy, definitely appreciated :3c

if you guys have any questions about the finalized team, don't be afraid to pm me on smogon or ps! about it, i'll answer asap.

i'll be opening the next round of ccat where you guys can post new suggestions in a few days from now, so be on the look out for that!

hi i'm bored so i'll type about my experience with the team o.o. the only set tweaks i made to fit the team was chainchomp > sd rocks, tbolt lati > hp fire, and heal block + dazzle > foul play + magrise. i felt chainchomp was the better option here cause it still does the same thing that sd rocks does, but it makes skarmory and ferrothorn less of a bitch and has better overall damage output despite the speed drop. just using tbolt lati over hp fire as the speed iv drop actually matters here and its speed tier is already crowded, tbolt has the added advantage of weakening fat waters and birds for the likes of dd m-gyara, sd luke, and scarf land-t; i also added just a bit of hp for the life orb number and lowering the rolls from stray hp ices from offensive electrics and taking on keldeo a bit better. last change on keys was pretty much just to keep stuff in range as i hadn't the freedom of running heal block on latios, it disrupts clefable, washtom and makes other fatmons less of a problem; i rly didn't think foul play was of any relevance since the team takes on set up sweepers well as they can't do their job or they get reverse swept, crippled, or just die! the choice of either dazzle / flash comes to preference, the former weakens electrics better and smacks m-sab for a bit so it cant just switch in, the latter helping with like m-diancie. spread wise, i didn't find max spdef to be mandatory, so i just tweaked the spread enough to switch into whatever special attacker like gengar and the like, rest put in def for emergencies. so yeah, the team's pretty good and it definitely makes for a fun ladder team, if you wanna look at my games playing with it just search "gossip girls" under the ps replay search. here's my peak on the ladder.

ok now that that's done, littlelucario i just saw your comment but the last time i checked having an azumarill switchin is pretty invisible on offense? maybe it's just how i play but i've honestly never had any trouble /w azu using the ccat team i've been playtesting on the ladder, it's not even hard to play around a weakness. :x i guess you'll /maybe/ be weak to azu if you play passively by trying to find a switchin (the majority of azu "switchins" will always suck up momentum whether you like it or not, whereas the rest are one time switchins or are shaky at best and end up useless bar being sack fodder for the rest of the match. the only places where i've seen azu switches would be anywhere outside of offense, maybe really bulky off with bulky m-zor or volcanion but anywhere else on offense... nope '~') which does not exist instead of just getting damage on it though. but yeah when it comes to annoying breakers like azu you usually just prioritize having pokemon that do not give it the leisure to do whatever it wants for free, on this team every poke gets at least a bit of damage and puts it in range of another, klefki's the emergency fodder most of the time. ok about the actual weaknesses now, i've found was that the team is very weak to: hax. some other little weaknesses would probably be like random scarf mons and rain. in the majority of my games played with the team all i really did was either: scout my opponents sets to figure out their gameplan, or find opportunities to either set hazards and have them stay. i'd usually attempt to maintain offensive pressure through pivoting against my opponent, forcing switches and so on as hazards damage rack up, usually with scarf lando-t and then going to a breaker of my choice to weaken stuff for late game. (ofc i'd have to do a lot of guesswork too with switching around into stuff and making really specific plays so that my opponents don't get chances to do what they want, like sweep with their own pokes, set too many hazards of their own, remove my own hazards etc.) during mid-late game i'd figure out how i could find a set up opportunity for my wincons since i'd probably know their sets by then. and then finally during late-game i usually manage to pull off my bullshit gameplans and finish off said games. this process was extremely subjective to explain, so you can look at some replays instead; 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6.

game 1, the guy somehow misread my sets turn 1 and it ended up fucking him in the ass, he made the fault of getting himself into either losing a mon, or clicking draco on chomp which lets dd m-gyara get a free dd in which he loses. game 2, the guy fucked up by letting me spikestack and was then forced to either eq and get swept by m-gyara or spin, he spun which lead me to just click sd instead and sweep his ass l0l. game 3, i didn't really get much set up opportunities but he gave me a load of opportunities to spikestack, later on he made the fault of dropping his single ground resist only to get smacked by lategame scarf lando-t. game 4 wise, that match was pretty wild; he got greedy into thinking that he won with bd azu but tbolt lati surprised him, later on he was in a position of either: crit stone edge or lose, i don't feel bad about him missing since he basically let his m-gyara answer die and had no other choice but to rely on intimidate drops and magnezone living, which it didn't. game 5, i managed to set rocks while weakening his removal option and putting immediate pressure on him by going scarf land-t to bait in one of his fatmons, either ferro or hippo to get damage on them so landt or themselves can clean up lategame. he went ferro for iron barbs damage i assume, that switch basically let lucario get a free switch, he let his hippo get weakened, i kept rocks up, and then he simply just loses to the combo of sd luke + scarf land-t after that. finally game 6, this one was rough in terms of matchup but it was winnable. during early game i managed to set hazards to force him into a position where he had to defog and lose a mon, or be extremely pressured the duration of the game; needless to say, he chose the former. during midgame i had the mentality of weakening his m-diancie into range of +2 lukes espeed and making sure i have spikes up to ensure the ko on his hippo /w +2 cc, that gameplan managed to work. my final step of the gameplan was to more or less force him into jirachi via the pressure from latios as jirachi is my only option for lucario to click sd against, i baited him and it worked and the game was basically over by then. kk i'm finished, run down on why this team is effective is that it pulls off hazard stacking offense rather well, especially with so many pokemon that have the potential to set and keep them up and just that everything on the team heavily benefits from spikes damage, mainly scarf lando-t alongside the wincons. have fun with the import below, set prefs are the former of the slashes~
nedor just asked me to put this sidenote of his under here since he doesn't want it to clutter the update post since i was making a little post anyways. '~'

also yeah, once we took the spikes route with keys instead of a steel like sd off m-scizor, scarf landorus-t was pretty much the guaranteed last slot. like infernal and paper dreams already mentioned, scarf landorus-t provides the team with a genuine revenge killer so it doesn't rely on the late game cleaners priority or twave from keys because every other member doesn't have a fantastic speed tier for a more offensive build. having an emergency button to pivot out on something to possibly rack up hazards damage, prevent defog / spin, or simply managing a threat to the team, whether that's an offensive elec or bird. focusing on a more defensive backbone is honestly not the optimal route to go here because the build is just going to get overwhelmed and pressured far too easily in attempting of switching into threats rather than focusing on an end game with one of your setup 'mons. in general, scarf landorus-t patches weaknesses to build perfectly while also providing a ton on an offensive standpoint!

Landorus-T (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 24 Def / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Explosion / Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 16 Atk / 244 SpA / 248 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Draco Meteor

Gyarados-Mega @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Substitute

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spikes
- Dazzling Gleam / Flash Cannon
- Thunder Wave
- Heal Block

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 32 HP / 224 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt / Calm Mind
- Roost

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Adamant Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed
- Crunch / Iron Tail

Nedor

thiccc
with the conclusion of the last more offensively oriented build, i am now opening a new ccat round! forgive the two weeks it took me to re-open this, life has been hectic as of late but things have started to settle down :3c

aside from that, this time around, i'm leaving it up to you guys; you have the option of either posting a core of 2-3 'mon or a singular 'mon to build around! when submitting your request, make sure to include a brief description of your suggestion so that voters have an understanding of it.

you have from now until thursday, june 9th to submit your 'mon / core. lets have fun with this one n_n

I just made a post about how sick-nasty Pinsir Sand Offense is in the Good Cores thread, so I'll go ahead and nominate it for the central core of the next team.

tyranitar.gif
excadrill.gif
pinsir-mega.gif

Sets:
Tyranitar (M) @ Smooth Rock / Chople Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Ice Beam / Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock

Excadrill (F) @ Life Orb / Air Balloon (I recommend Balloon with SD and LO with 4 attacks)
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide / Swords Dance
- Rapid Spin

Pinsir-Mega (M) @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Frustration
- Quick Attack / Feint
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance

I'll just copy/paste my description from the good cores thread:

"So here's a fun core I've been using recently. Pinsir is an excellent balance breaker in today's meta that can floor entire teams if given the chance, but it needs a decent bit of support to function---namely hazard removal. Electrics and Talonflame are also a huge pain for Pinsir, as both don't mind Quick Attacks and can KO Pinsir relatively easily regardless of its boosts. That's why sand offense partners nicely with Pinsir; sand covers electrics magnificently, provides two answers to Talonflame (assuming Exca is running Rock Slide and is in sand vs. Talonflame), spins away hazards, and can weaken key shared checks easily enough to open up windows for sweeping.

Lando, Garchomp, Gliscor, Hippowdon, Rotom, Slowbro, and a handful of other physically bulky 'mons that are commonly relegated to checking sand can be overloaded to the point of uselessness by this core, which allows Pinsir's to do its job of balance breaking and Excadrill's as a wincon vs. offense far better. Pinsir also checks common threats to sand offense like bulky grasses (Celebi, Tang), Keldeo, and Breloom, supporting Exca and TTar."

Edit: Gonna go ahead and add a few other cores cuz why not

crawdaunt.gif
talonflame.gif

Sets:
Crawdaunt (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
Jolly Nature
- Crabhammer
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

Talonflame (F) @ Sky Plate
Ability: Gale Wings
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Pretty simple Swords Dancing core---Talonflame can threaten things like grasses and Keldeo, while Crawdaunt deals with things like Heatran, fat grounds, and slow Tyranitar for Talonflame. Should yield a fast-paced offensive build given that these two have little defensive presence.

scizor-mega.gif
bisharp.gif

Sets:
Scizor-Mega (F) @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Superpower
- Swords Dance

Bisharp (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Scizor + Bisharp is an offensive core focused on breaking down their shared checks---Keldeo, certain fat grounds, Rotom-W, etc. while putting on loads of pressure. Offensive SD Scizor and SD Bisharp are both solid Lati checks and provide strong priority, meaning building with this core won't be as restrictive as some other cores that offer far less role compression.

Last edited:

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 16 HP / 240 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Bullet Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind
This is basically a really strong wallbreaking core that bodies any bulky team that lacks mega latias. The only bulky mon (aside from mlati which cant even ohko b4 ice punch) that annoys boltbeam medi is sableye, and keldeo can smash that thing pretty easily. This core obviously has some flaws defensively, but the intent of the core is to create a balls to the wall HO that puts too much offensive pressure on the opposing team for them to realize that lati counters your main core lol. This seems pretty fun to build around and should generally yield a cool team.

Here's a thing:

Aerodactyl + Magnezone

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Aqua Tail
- Roost/ Pursuit

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 168 HP / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Fire
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

This is a pretty cool core featuring Mega Aerodactyl. Mega Aerodactyl is a great late-game sweeper but it gets stopped by stuff like Jirachi and Mega Scizor. Magnezone traps the aforementioned threats and can hp fire stuff. It also provides a slow volt switch for Aero. The set for mag is just filler, i guess scarf or magnet rise could work.

Zygarde + Volcanion

Zygarde @ Lum Berry
Ability: Aura Break
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Stone Edge/ Extreme Speed

Volcanion @ Choice Specs/ Shuca Berry
Ability: Water Absorb
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Flamethrower
- Sludge Wave
- Toxic/ Earth Power

I don't think I've ever built around Zygarde before. DD Zygarde is a pretty good mon able to sweep while also being bulky enough to survive a few priority moves. However, without a boost it's pretty weak, and it struggles to get past stuff like Ferrothorn and Landorus. Volcanion eats the above threats for breakfast, and also muscles past Skarmory. Being able to counter Clefable and Azu is also pretty nice. Mega Sableye could be a nice partner, being able to bounce rocks and burn stuff to ease Zygarde in setting up. Overall a pretty cool core that is ruined by the cancer that is Shiny Volcanion.​

Last edited:

Sun

Who cares if one more light goes out? Well I do...
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flamethrower

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 100 HP / 252 Atk / 156 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Superpower

simple core formed by pivot + wall breaker and pursuit trapper, it works really well in this metagame, Latias hates mane mega-mega, latios, and using volt switch, carries within ttar band, using Pursuit boosted to the band, and also fails to KO latios if you are not backing away also superpower is a great move to beat Bisharp, and spd Heatran, which are problematic for mane.

Last edited:

Srn

Water (Spirytus - 96%)
is an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
This core might be a tad outdated cuz I built with it back when Volcanion hype was through the roof (that's calmed down a bit now), but I still think it's cool :]

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Def / 200 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Goodra @ Choice Specs
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 76 HP / 252 SpA / 180 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Focus Blast / Muddy Water
- Flamethrower
- Sludge Bomb

Tornadus-Therian @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 76 Atk / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Knock Off
- Superpower

The basic premise of my core to start was mega scizor+volcanion check. I wanted to use Goodra because it was pretty underrated and wasn't pursuit bait, and its specs set just sounded cool in general. Muddy Water is there for a more accurate option to hit tran and ttar, but u obviously miss out on a lot of power. I realized that Keldeo still gave me trouble because goodra couldn't stomach secret swords, so I threw on big bird. I was stuck after this because I realized that these 3 pokemon alone just thrashed a lot of shit. Fairies and Dragons that threaten goodra were covered by mega scizor, and strong grounds that dent goodra and zor like lando-t and garchomp were revenged by hp ice torn-t. Keldeo needs to guess between its stab moves to catch either goodra or torn-t, both of which can OHKO back. Shit like clefable that can t-wave torn-t are covered by scizor and lured by sludge bomb specs goodra. Electrics like rotom-w that could come in on torn-t and fire types like char-y and heatran that can kill zor are stopped by goodra. The bane of all specs users, Chansey, gets screwed by knock off+super on LO torn-t as well, and Goodra can grab kills with the right move after chansey is gone without needing to worry about any CB weavile plowing through the team thanks to mzor. Mzor can set up on shit like ttar and clef which annoy both of the other two members.

Unfortunately there are quite a few things the core struggles vs, such as mega gyarados, mega pinsir, char-x, opposing mega zor, and doesn't have any rock setters or a revenge killer that can get rid of mega lop, which can break through a weakened mzor and terrorize the rest of the core. That said, this core covers a ton of the meta for only being 3 mons and its not some cookie cutter keld-tar-lati crap so it'd be cool if we can get this working :]

i'm gonna post a few cores like i did last time n_n

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
bulky offense builds with a slow breaker + rotom-w have been popular for awhile now, and nidoking is a great breaker for this type of thing o:. the basic idea here is to utilize a slow pivot out (with rotom-w) to bring nidoking in, allowing it to really pressure your opponent with its strong attacks and amazing coverage.

Beedrill-Mega @ Beedrillite
Ability: Adaptability
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Pursuit
- Poison Jab
- U-turn

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind
in case you don't click the show/hide, this is pursuit mega bee. when your opponent has a lati (or any psychic, really) in on mega bee, odds are they'll switch fearing your quicker u-turn / knock off. pursuit allows you to punish that with a bit of a surprise factor. keld + pursuit isn't a new concept at all, but given that bee is a lesser-used pokemon, this could be fun to build around o:.

Gyarados-Mega @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Earthquake

Bisharp @ Lum Berry
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 204 Atk / 52 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
darkspam. just like with any spam core, the goal here is to overwhelm the common checks to these guys. both are really powerful set-up sweepers / breakers, meaning this team would definitely take a more hyper offensive approach.

gliscor @ toxic orb | poison heal
careful nature | 248 hp / 204 sdef / 56 spe
swords dance / earthquake / rock slide / roost

scor's a pretty rock solid set-up sweeper for bulkier teams and the like, but it hasn't been seeing much use lately which is a shame; we haven't made a decent balance team either so i think this is a good candidate for starters. anyways its natural bulk enforced with sdef investment more or less gives scor the capability of taking on (or 1v1ing) a mixed bag of threats, most notably ranging special breakers, stallbreakers, and grounds. this pkmn tends to force switches a lot, so sd makes for nice slot filler as it helps in breaking down fatter stuff or cleaning up weakened teams.

+

Nidoking + Pursuit Mega-Scizor
Nidoking @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
EVs: 240 HP / 140 Def / 128 SpD
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Pursuit

Nidoking is such a good mon in the current meta imo. Nidoking can really break balance teams most of the time and sometimes even hyper offensive teams. Nidoking + Scizor make a good core. Nidoking can kills mons that annoy Scizor such as Skarm, Ferrothorn, etc. Scizor can kill psychic types for Nidoking. For the Scizor set, I went with u-turn+pursuit. U-turn is just a good move and with slow u-turn, you can get Nidoking in safely. With pursuit, you can trap lati twins(usually people don't see pursuit Mega Zor coming) which can really help out Nidoking. Also a lot of bulk on Mega Scizor helps. I think if you are running pursuit mega Scizor, you should be bulky. The def investments helps you take on offensive mons that can kill nidoking, mons like Azu,M-Lopunny, Alakazam etc. Most of the time you can take 2 banded waterfalls from Azu with your MEGA-Scizor(has 1.2% chance to 2 hit ko from full) Also M-Lop can't 2 hit ko with HJK. Another mon would be M-Alakazam/Regular Alakazam, M-Zam can't 2 hit ko Mega Scizor from full but Life Orb Zam has 32.8% chance to 2 hit ko(but NO ONE lands 2 Focus Blast in a row). These were just some common mons that come to mind. I was thinking maybe we can make this team Bulky Offense with a voltturn core or maybe just HO IDK.

252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Waterfall vs. 240 HP / 140+ Def Mega Scizor: 145-172 (42.5 - 50.4%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO

252 Atk Mega Lopunny High Jump Kick vs. 240 HP / 140+ Def Mega Scizor: 135-159 (39.5 - 46.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 SpA Mega Alakazam Focus Blast vs. 240 HP / 128 SpD Mega Scizor: 144-170 (42.2 - 49.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Alakazam Focus Blast vs. 240 HP / 128 SpD Mega Scizor: 155-182 (45.4 - 53.3%) -- 32.8% chance to 2HKO

Also shouts out to FlamingVictini for the core.

Last edited:
+

Nidoking + Pursuit Mega-Scizor
Nidoking @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
EVs: 240 HP / 140 Def / 128 SpD
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Pursuit

Nidoking is such a good mon in the current meta imo. Nidoking can really break balance teams most of the time and sometimes even hyper offensive teams. Nidoking + Scizor make a good core. Nidoking can kills mons that annoy Scizor such as Skarm, Ferrothorn, etc. Scizor can kill psychic types for Nidoking. For the Scizor set, I went with u-turn+pursuit. U-turn is just a good move and with slow u-turn, you can get Nidoking in safely. With pursuit, you can trap lati twins(usually people don't see pursuit Mega Zor coming) which can really help out Nidoking. Also a lot of bulk on Mega Scizor helps. I think if you are running pursuit mega Scizor, you should be bulky. The def investments helps you take on offensive mons that can kill nidoking, mons like Azu,M-Lopunny, Alakazam etc. Most of the time you can take 2 banded waterfalls from Azu with your MEGA-Scizor(has 1.2% chance to 2 hit ko from full) Also M-Lop can't 2 hit ko with HJK. Another mon would be M-Alakazam/Regular Alakazam, M-Zam can't 2 hit ko Mega Scizor from full but Life Orb Zam has 32.8% chance to 2 hit ko(but NO ONE lands 2 Focus Blast in a row). These were just some common mons that come to mind. I was thinking maybe we can make this team Bulky Offense with a voltturn core or maybe just HO IDK.

252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Waterfall vs. 240 HP / 140+ Def Mega Scizor: 145-172 (42.5 - 50.4%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO

252 Atk Mega Lopunny High Jump Kick vs. 240 HP / 140+ Def Mega Scizor: 135-159 (39.5 - 46.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 SpA Mega Alakazam Focus Blast vs. 240 HP / 128 SpD Mega Scizor: 144-170 (42.2 - 49.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Alakazam Focus Blast vs. 240 HP / 128 SpD Mega Scizor: 155-182 (45.4 - 53.3%) -- 32.8% chance to 2HKO

Also shouts out to FlamingVictini for the core.
You should run 4 EVs in SpDef instead of Def, so Porygon2 and PorygonZ get an attack stat raise instead of SpAtk stat raise

Edit: nvm, I thought Nidoking had 75/75 defenses, not 77/75, my bad

Nice core, I remember having a Nidoking team with Mega Scizor, but I never thought of Pursuit on Scizor (I forgot it could learn it >_< )

Last edited:

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life

Victini @ Choice Specs
Ability: Victory Star
Modest Nature
- Blue Flare
- Psychic / Thunder
- Glaciate
- Focus Blast

Specs Victini is a pretty cool set, as it gives a lot of bulkier teams problems with it's high BP moves and neat coverage, allowing it to lure stuff like Tyranitar and smack them with the appropriate coverage move. However, Victini requires a lot of support, as it is weak to Stealth Rock, Pursuit, and is rather slow for an offensive Pokemon. I made this core only Victini so we have the most options when considering a partner, because pretty much all hazard removers sort of suck synergy-wise with Victini.

gonna drop some cores

Basic core for offense. Jirachi supports Heracross by switching into fairy types and HW support which allows you try play more agressive with Heracross. Heracross beats down Rachis checks and demolished bulkier teams which rachi is often deadweight against (besides checking clef if they have it). Honestly I cant figure out how to edit in sets but it should be scarf rachi and bulky sub hercross

Serp beats waters and grounds. Tar traps/beats tran, kyurem, mega lati, and talonflame. Both also have good matchups against fatter teams which are extremely prominent atm. Should be sub-seed serp and band tar.

Simple fighting+pursuit trapper. Loom doesnt like lati's, amoongus,talonflame,torn t,venu and thats where aero comes in, beating or trapping all of them(besides amoongus/latis at full). Loom in return pressures grounds for Aero. Should be 4 attacks with aero with pursuit and fire fang and LO force palm loom.

Nice bulky offense core. Mana beats suicune,skarm,tran,chomp, lando for scizor. Scizor checks latis,garde,terrakion,alakzam which are all mons that can pressure manaphy and get enough damage on it to where it cant sweep. Scizor also can bring in manaphy safely with u-turn. Should be TG RD mana and either pursuit scizor or SD u-turn.

Latias beats grounds and bulky grasses for Terrak. Terrak beats Chansey, Kyurem-B, and Heatran. Should be band terrak and bolt beam reflect type lati.

Last edited:
Here's a lesser used core that has some potential, I'm sure:
<- Chuggaaconroy's Favorite
<-Middle Stage Nightmare

Weezing and Chansey are two great defensive Pokémon that can cover for each other well. Defensive Weezing takes care of Fighting-types and Chansey can handle Psychic-types not running Psyshock. Weezing can also set up Toxic Spikes for Chansey, possibly leaving room on Chansey's moveset for another support move. Chansey's Wishes also pass much needed HP for Weezing, given Weezing's Base 60 HP. Weezing's Will-O-Wisp, when it's not Poisoning things, can cripple physical attackers that Chansey get, in scientific terms, #REKTMATE by.
Weezing (M) @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpAtk
Nature: Bold
- Sludge Bomb
- Toxic Spikes
- Will-O-Wisp / Haze / Flamethrower
- Pain Split

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 SpDef (Or 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpDef)
Nature: Bold (or Calm)
- Heal Bell
- Seismic Toss
- Wish
- Soft-boiled / Stealth Rock / Toxic

Last edited:

Nedor

thiccc
we got an amazing amount of suggestions for this next round of ccat, thank you to everyone who submitted a request! here are your options to vote on:

======

1)
2)
3)

4)
5)
6)

7)
8)
9)
10)
11)

12)
13)
14)
15)
16)
17)
18)
19)

======

so these are your options to vote on! due to the fact that we got a ton of requests this time around, i'm going to let you guys vote for up to two cores, but you can choose to vote for one if you'd like. (fyi next time i won't be allowing 3 mon cores because it restricts the team while only picking the last three 'mons)

i'll give you guys approximately 5 days to submit your vote on which core you would like to see the next ccat team be built around, meaning i will end voting the night of tuesday, june 14th (EST).

sorry Yoshiblaze for not taking your suggestion as weezing is unviable in the ou tier, but thank you for your request! make sure to get your vote in by the deadline, looking forward to this round! n_n

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)