Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn
- Water Shuriken

This Water Spam core is based around the exceptional versatility of Manaphy and Ash-Greninja. Manaphy is here to totally destroy stall. It has Energy Ball to beat Tapu Fini which is a huge threat to Ash-Greninja. It can also setup a Z-Rain Dance to annoy offense teams. Manaphy struggles against Lati@s, Mew and other Psychic types that can take on Manaphy. Here comes Ash-Greninja. Ash-Greninja can destroy Lati@s, Mew and M-Metagross and can weaken threats like
Ferrothorn and Amoonguss with Dark Pulse. It has U-turn to pivot and Water Shuriken which is able to kill dangerous pokemons like Landorus-T and Pheromosa.
The best quality of this core is that Manaphy and Ash-Greninja can both break, clean and annoy every playstyles making this core very versatile and hard to face for every playstyles.

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
sharpedo-mega.gif
greninja.gif

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Crunch
- Psychic Fangs
- Waterfall

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump

Mega Sharpedo pairs very well with Spikes users due to entry hazard stacking wearing down many of it's common checks and counters so it can sweep late-game, and Spikes Greninja is no exception. It pairs excellently with Mega Sharp as it can consistently set up Spikes, and it's coverage threatens many hazard removal options, making your Spikes harder to remove. Greninja also can help take down or cripple some of Mega Sharpedo's checks/counters with it's coverage, such as luring and damaging Tapu Fini heavily with Gunk Shot. This makes Greninja an excellent offensive support Pokémon to tailor a Mega Sharpedo sweep late-game. Good partners for this core would include Stealth Rock users to stack with Greninja's Spikes, such as Landorus-Therian and Nihilego. Switch-ins to threats to this core like Tapu Koko are needed, so Pokémon such as Tangrowth are good partners.

pancake

movement and location
is a Contributor Alumnus
If you actually cared to do the Damage Calculations, it will be

252 SpA Tapu Lele Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD+ Celesteela: 94-112 (23.6 - 28.1%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

Most Celesteela are fully invested in special Defence. It only be a 5HKO from Hidden Power Fire. An uninvested Heavy Slam can OHKO Tapu Lele which is why I don't recommend using it against Celesteela.

0 Atk Celesteela Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Tapu Lele: 330-390 (117.4 - 138.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Earthquake and Ice Punch is better than Hammer Arm and Thunder Punch on Metagross in my opinion, and Psychic is outclassed by Psyshock on Tapu Lele.

Landorus don't lure bulky grass types, Mega Gyarados does.
not necessarily. in this case, Hammer Arm and Thunder Punch are the best options like he said. Thunder Punch and Hammer Arm/EQ deal damage to the most different Psychic resists (Tpunch hits Skarm and Celesteela, as well as bulky waters like Fini, and Hammer Arm hits Ferrothorn and Heatran in one slot, whereas EQ hits Tran, Magnezone, Magearna, etc.) so Hammer Arm + Tpunch is actually a really good option for said Psychic-spam core, and EQ + Tpunch is another option. Ice Punch hits Lando-T and Chomp which are highly pressured by Psychic anyway so in this core, it's not the best option. It really depends on the rest of your team.

Since I don't want this to be an argument post only I'll post a core of my own...

Serperior @ Normalium Z
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 8 HP / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Hyper Beam
- Taunt

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Endeavor / Focus Blast / Icy Wind

Scarf Keldeo is a really good cleaner that has been gaining popularity recently, but it struggles to break through Pokemon such as Amoonguss, Mega Venusaur, and AV Tangrowth. Normalium Z Serperior is a really effective lure to those Pokemon, with +2 Breakneck Blitz severely weakening them.

+2 248 SpA Serperior Breakneck Blitz (200 BP) vs. 232 HP / 80 SpD Venusaur-Mega: 240-283 (66.8 - 78.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
(kills with Rocks + Leaf Storm)
+2 248 SpA Serperior Breakneck Blitz (200 BP) vs. 248 HP / 216+ SpD Amoonguss: 259-305 (60 - 70.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery (very close to killing w/ SR + Leaf Storm, use something like Pursuit to revenge it)
+2 248 SpA Serperior Breakneck Blitz (200 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Tangrowth: 217-256 (53.7 - 63.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (Kills With Leaf Storm + a little chip and sr)

After these Pokemon are weakened, Keldeo can clean lategame. Taunt Serperior also helps Keldeo with its matchup vs. bulkier teams, which Keldeo has a bad matchup against. Keldeo can also check Fire-types for Serperior, and Serperior gets a free switch on the Bulky Water-types that Keldeo hates.

edit: edited the calcs, thanks. nature power is inferior because of the less popularity of lele but if lele is used on your team, its definitely an option. I haven't tried it and I think that hyper beam is generally superior.

Last edited:

Serperior @ Normalium Z
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 8 HP / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Hyper Beam
- Taunt

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Endeavor / Focus Blast / Icy Wind

Scarf Keldeo is a really good cleaner that has been gaining popularity recently, but it struggles to break through Pokemon such as Amoonguss, Mega Venusaur, and AV Tangrowth. Normalium Z Serperior is a really effective lure to those Pokemon, with +2 Breakneck Blitz severely weakening them.

+2 252 SpA Serperior Breakneck Blitz (200 BP) vs. 232 HP / 80 SpD Venusaur-Mega: 241-284 (67.1 - 79.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (kills with Rocks + Leaf Storm)
+2 252 SpA Serperior Breakneck Blitz (200 BP) vs. 248 HP / 216+ SpD Amoonguss: 260-306 (60.3 - 70.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery (very close to killing w/ SR + Leaf Storm, use something like Pursuit to revenge it)
+2 252 SpA Serperior Breakneck Blitz (200 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Tangrowth: 218-257 (53.9 - 63.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (Kills With Leaf Storm + a little chip and sr)

After these Pokemon are weakened, Keldeo can clean lategame. Taunt Serperior also helps Keldeo with its matchup vs. bulkier teams, which Keldeo has a bad matchup against. Keldeo can also check Fire-types for Serperior, and Serperior gets a free switch on the Bulky Water-types that Keldeo hates.
I noticed that your calcs were made using 252 SpA EVs, but your Serperior only has 248. I'm not sure how much of a difference it makes, but it's perhaps something to keep in mind.

Also, might I suggest a possible change? That is, changing Hyper Beam to Nature Power. The upside is that under Psychic Terrain, two of the targets you listed are hit super effectively, Tri Attack is more useful as a regular attack than Hyper Beam, and since Nature Power is a status move, an opponent's Sucker Punch will fail. The downside is that Z Tri Attack is much weaker than Z Hyper Beam (160 vs 200), and while its power is boosted slightly by a terrain (175), when the terrain is Grassy or Electric, all three of the targets resist it, and if the terrain is Misty, two of them resist it.

download.png
download.jpg
download.jpg

Greninja (M) @ Grassium Z
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Grass Knot
- Water Shuriken

Charizard (M) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Dragon Dance

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Offensive Core. Bloom Doom Lure Greninja + ZardX + Landorus.
The idea of the core is pretty simple. Everybody runs Tapu Fini and Landorus, making it difficult for ZardX. Bloom Doom Ash Greninja tries to lure Tapu Fini for ZardX while HP Ice Landorus aims to lure opposing Landorus for ZardX. You're probably thinking "Why isn't it Protean Gunk Shot?". That's because once they see your Protean, you can't lure Tapu Fini. Hence why it's Ash Greninja. Bloom Doom does a solid 60℅ to SpDef Fini, and has a chance to kill Phys Def Fini after Rocks.

Hyper-Offence core:
/
//
/
Greninja-Ash (M) @ Wave Incense
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Taunt

Hoopa-Unbound @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Hyperspace Hole
- Fire Punch
- Gunk Shot
First encountered Focus Sash Hoopa-U on a great team made by mulgokizary, which I imagine a lot of you are familiar with, but for those who aren't it's basically SashSpam with lead Excadrill, Sash Hoopa-U, Pherobroken, Greninja, Celesteela, and Mega-Metagross. Seemed like a cool idea and after testing that team out a bit, I decided to try my own hand at building with Sash Hoopa-U and threw together some fairly similar Hyper Offence which focuses on punishing and luring in the most common means of hazard removal in the meta, Tapu Fini and Spin Pheromosa. I noticed that Sash Hoopa-U did a great job of lulling Tapu Fini, AV Magearna, and Ferrothorn into a false sense of security after going for Hyperspace Fury on them, as they always assume you're Scarf, and you can either kill or severely weaken them to the point that they're no longer pre-form-change Greninja switch-ins. Furthermore, seeing as you're going to be playing aggressively with this core, doubling from Greninja into Hoopa-U on the likes of AV Tangrowth, Amoonguss, Toxapex, and Mega-Venusaur grabs huge swathes of momentum, either eliminating a check to Greninja, or giving you the opportunity to once again bluff the Scarf and eliminate the switch-in. The crux of this core is the the reliability it brings about the circumstances under which Greninja can get off its form change.

A bit more information on the choice of sets is warranted, as people are pretty hard-sold on the idea of Choice Specs being the only viable Battle Bond Greninja item. Wave Incense is something I first encountered in p2's week two SPL game vs GTM, and even though not being choice-locked clinched him the game in the end, I don't think it did the set justice, as Taunt is such a massive momentum grabber; be it in taunting Tapu Fini to keep up your hazards, to taunting Ferrothorn to prevent it setting hazards on your team (incredibly important on SashSpam, as should be obvious), to preventing the likes of Mega Venusaur from healing etc. It really has incredible utility which is only added to by the assumption people have that all Battle Bond Greninja are Specs, to the point that they won't even bother to calc to confirm this. As for Hoopa-U's moveset, Hyperspace Fury should be relatively self-explanatory, being a spammable, strong stab move with limited switchins; Hyperspace Hole is the superlative choice for Psychic-type coverage on non-choiced Hoopa-U, as it allows Hoopa-U to basically act as a one-mon counter team to Baton Pass, allows it to break through unaware Clefable's protect without dealing pitiful damage, whilst hitting the usual targets you'd want Psychic-coverage for; Fire Punch nails Ferrothorn and Magearna, both of which are roadblocks to Greninja; and Gunk Shot is mandatory to lure in Tapu Fini, and to an extent, Tapu Bulu.

As with all hyper-offence cores, suicide leads such as Explosion Landorus, lead Azelf, and lead Excadrill make great partners for this core. Furthermore, should this be used on SashSpam, either include many Taunt users, such as -Flyinium-Z Gyarados, Taunt Tapu Koko, etc., or Pokemon which immensely pressure or punish hazard setters such as HP Fire/Taunt Mega Alakazam, Life Orb SD Breloom, offensive HP Ice Landorus-T, and the like; and obviously, hazard removal in the form of Rapid Spin via Excadrill or Pheromosa is near-mandatory. Cleaners which appreciate the core's capability to break down defensive cores make great partners, naturally. Examples which work exceptionally well include, but are not limited to: QD Pheromosa, Z-Bounce Gyarados, Z-Fly Salamence, ZardX, Volcarona, Scolipede, and Mega Alakazam.

tl;dr use this shit it's strong have fun with reliable Ash-Greninja and go build some HO

Another Ash-Greninja core?

I've been using this on the ladder lately, it does really well versus bulky Landorus-T & Tapu-fini esque squads.

+

Scolipede @ Waterium Z
Ability: Speed Boost
Jolly Nature
- Aqua Tail
- Poison Jab
- Megahorn
- Swords Dance

Greninja @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Hydro Pump
- Water Shuriken
- U-turn

The whole purpose of this core is to abuse Lando-T + Tapu-Fini based cores (as already mentioned). Greninja tends to draw in Tapu-Fini letting you pivot out into Scolipede to get a free swords dance. You can then either blow back Tapu-Fini or Lando-T (with waterium-Z) and proceed to weaken most of the opponents team to get the best transformation opportunities for Ash-Gren.

This core struggles a bit with Toxa / spdef Skarm (celesteela); So Tapu-Koko is great addition and completes a volt-turn core.

Nedor

thiccc
hello, i'm closing this down until i finish the pretty large post to update all of these cores. i'm taking blame for this taking so long, but spl + irl responsibilities got in the way and i sorta pushed this aside. once spl and stuff like that is over, we'll be focusing on this more in terms of the activities promised in OP.

as there are like 80 or so posts to go through, i will only be going through those cores which i believe have potential to be included into the OP, but also have issues whether its ev spread choices, moveset, etc. this is to save myself time and i will be tagging those whose cores i will be adding to give credit where its due.

thanks for continuously posting new cores and ideas, and again, i'm sorry for taking this long! the post will ideally be done sometime tomorrow n_n

Nedor

thiccc
hey, sorry this update was not done sooner, myself and finchinator have been caught up with spl and irl things and let this drag on for too long. this post will be quite extensive b.c there is a lot of cores to go through, but i promise it will be done in shorter time periods in future updates. anyways, i will only be doing explanations for cores that will not be added to the OP, but i will be providing criticism to potentially be added once edited.

also, i will be as open-minded as possible when deciding over cores because this is the beginning of the new gen and there are many things that can be experimented with. however, if i feel like a moveset / ev spread / core is completely off the target, i will mention it here and potential changes.

=====

Evanile | the combination of shift gear magearna and dugtrio is totally fine, but i do feel as if mega sharpedo is just a random addition, so omitting it from this core at least is probably best. also, screech should be mentioned on dugtrio to trap pkmn like chansey for magearna.
Evanile | ideally cut down the number of slashes included and mention zap plate as opposed to lefties on tapu koko for longevity and increased damage output.
Evanile | the core itself is one that is solid and proven, but the ev spread and some set choices are questionable. i suggest rolling with the smogon suggested (analysis) variants to give users of your core optimal results.
Dragontamer | the defensive aspect of this certainly makes sense but a core is meant to accomplish something, which i feel this doesn't meet up to. there is no goal, to me it is sorta a defensive mon that cuts momentum slapped on beside an offensive mon.
WarioMasters | this is similar to the core above for me; sure the pokemon share fantastic defensive synergy, but the core really isn't accomplishing anything in particular. perhaps solely excadrill + mantine alone to form a defensive core which includes hazard (control), but there is stuff to work on.
SteelSun | this core seems pretty fun offensively, but i'm having troubles with that tapu bulu set. the goal here is to essentially weaken the opponent for dd mgyara, so i feel like a defensive variant won't be contributing to this much. i know you mentioned cb which is great, but to improve the post even further, sd fightinium z is another option to crush stuff like ferrothorn and skarmory.
TURBODERP | the mons that this core consists of are fine, but i feel like the sets are not optimal. without dd zard, the core is not accomplishing anything especially when you have a solid wallbreaking option in tapu bulu (cb / fightinium z recommended here).
lordavra123 | garchomp + magnezone is fine, but i do not feel like poison jab is entirely necessary on garchomp. i'd recommend dragon claw instead so you are not walled by landorust among other things. to improve the post, you can even mention scarf garchomp as another option.
0rnament | i do think pyukumuku is a mon that should only be seen on stall as i don't think it is particularly good on any other playstyle. the core seems pretty awkward to me and i fail to see the practicality of it, but it is cool nonetheless. also welcome to smogon :D
Jojobobo | while the premise of constantly keeping up aurora veil and screens is nice and all, i feel like a core such as this will restrict the overall team. like the core above, this seems awkward to use. also, non-roost mew will not consistently check the mons you bring up which is an issue, i appreciate the hard work put in though!

=====

so, if you're one of the cores that is mentioned here, don't feel bad at all! most of the cores included in this post just require a few changes before they can be up to the standard of being added to the OP. now, i will be tagging those whose cores will be added asap, theres a lot so no sprites (this time!):

Littlelucario's: magnezone + salamence
Cassa97: tapu koko + kyurem-b
bludz's: volcarona + tapu fini
HailFall's: pheromosa + hoopa-u
Sergeant Spooky's: pelipper + kingdra + tapu koko
Analytic's: greninja + m-gyara
HC's: ferrothorn + tapu fini
pizzq's: pheromosa + tapu lele / jirachi + mvenu + tapu fini
Panther-T's: magnezone + tapu lele / buzzwole + mmetagross
Evanile's: magnezone + dugtrio + tapu lele
boxofkangaroos's: toxapex + celesteela
Wiz T7's: zardx + manaphy / greninja | tran + mgyara / ash greninja
psVoltage's: zygarde + salamence
Sun King's: alolan ninetales + mgyara
BlazeLatias': celesteela + tapu fini + mvenu / terrakion + mzam / garchomp + minior / landorus-t | dragonite | salamence + tapu koko
Terrakion.'s: mpinsir + salamence
Lil Blaine's: mvenu + heatran
Oibaf cune's: landorus-t + mpedo + tapu bulu
Expert_Occultist's: pheromosa + tapu koko
Jojobobo's: magearna + alolan marowak
Martin's: pheromosa + ash greninja
Vague's: tapu bulu + zardx / zydog + nihilego / tapu koko + landorus-t / tapu bulu + tapu fini / zardx + tapu fini / mpins + magearna / garchomp + magearna / landorus-t + tapu fini / tapu fini + zygarde / zygarde + mvenu / celesteela + zygarde / alolan marowak + tapu fini / alolan marowak + celesteela / alolan marowak + ferrothorn / alolan marowak + tapu bulu
Oibaf cune's: tapu koko + thundurus
Cheryl.'s: mimikyu + magnezone
GH[O]ST's: charx + ash greninja
psVoltage's: zardy + bandtar / zardy + tapu fini
Empo's: mscizor + heatran + tapu bulu / mbro + gliscor + ferrothorn
BlazeLatias': zardy + alolan muk
Martin's: porygon-z + dugtrio
Leooo_33's: zardy + dugtrio
Deeerpz's: magearna + landorus-t
psVoltage's: scolipede + magnezone
Hyper♥Lopunny♪♫'s: ash greninja + kartana / crawdaunt + heatran
Gondra's: greninja + mscizor + tapu koko
Jase Duken's: latios + zardx
Ramses': garchomp + landorus-t / (m) gyarados + ferrothorn / ash greninja + tapu koko / volcarona + ferrothorn / scolipede + charx / charx + salamence
Martin's: garchomp + landorus-t (v2) / landorus-t + tapu lele / shedinja + dugtrio + msab / alola ninetales + salamence | charx
BlazeLatias': manaphy + pheromosa / tyranitar + volcarona / pheromosa + tapu bulu / hoopa-u + scolipede
TURBODERP's: tapu bulu + toxapex
420LegitShucks': hoopa-u + kyurem-b
ADF Test's: hoopa-u + landorus-t
snaildelagate's: landorus-t + thundurus
Oraim's: celesteela + gastrodon
AM's: mpinsir + celesteela
heavylobster43's: mpinsir + landorus-t
TURBODERP's: alolan marowak + alomomola
Phantom Me's: tapu lele + mega metagross / mgyara + landorus-t / ash greninja + dugtrio
MFJr King's: ash greninja + manaphy
Cheryl.'s: mpedo + greninja
pancake's: serperior + keldeo
Cobalion457's: ash greninja + zardx + landorus-t
tigers jaw's: hoopa-u + ash greninja
aki0s's: scolipede + ash greninja

gotta give credit where its due, thank you to all of those who posted cores, even if not accepted into the OP. remember, those who didn't still have a chance to improve upon their core and submit the updated one to myself or finchinator via smogon vm. again, i take responsibility for not managing this thread properly even if irl gets in the way, it won't happen again. btw, there's a lot of sprite work needed to be done before every core can be added to the OP, but it'll be done asap!

happy posting n_n

Last edited:
holy highlights.

Posting this core which is pretty fun and very effective:

Charizard-X + Z-Move keldeo

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Roost / Thunder Punch

Keldeo-Resolute @ Normalium Z
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Calm Mind
- Hyper Beam

Shout-outs to Vertex for the keldeo set. good lord is this set clean and fresh. The way this core works is very simple. Zard-x and keld have one very common switch-in. Namely Tapu fini. This once very solid core struggles to break past this one mon so how do you fix this issue? The answers simple: Normalium-Z hyper beam cm keldeo. With this set Keldeo can cleanly remove the tapu fini while also continue to pressure teams. Alot of teams now use fini as the sole check to stuff like keldeo etc for a good reason: its a solid switch in to keldeo. At +2 Keldeo can OHKO bold nature fini. calm nature fini naturally may need some prior damage before hand because its unable to outright ohko but the purpose remains the same. you could alternatively use Thunder punch over roost on zard-x if you really want to. But yeah the main purpose is Overloading Tapu fini. Enjoy.

Edit: t punch zard also helps with toxapex which is neat.

Offensive Core

This is a very standard Core, which I'm sure most of you have come across, or even used. However, some newer users might not be familiar with, and the lack of it on the other pages kinda got me to do it. Now, here's the sets for both of them:

Tapu Bulu @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Zen Headbutt/ Stone Edge

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

The core functions with one of them breaking the other's checks, even though Band Tapu Bulu has the power to 2HKO gigantic and bulky threats such as Mega Metagross, it struggles against Pokemon such as Celesteela, Skarmory, Ferrothorn (Assuming you're choice-locked into another move outside of Superpower, or just don't use it), and Mega-Scizor. Magnezone traps all of these for Tapu Bulu, unless they run a shed shell, which is basically only viable on Skarmory out of the bunch. Tapu Bulu, now with the opponent's checks for it dead, can proceed to either sweep with one of its powerful grass STABs, or further weaken the entirety of the Opponent's team, for another Pokemon to switch in and Sweep.
Core Weaknesses and possible partners: Fire types obviously shred through both of the Pokemon on the Core, so a Dragon type such as Garchomp or Latios could be useful. Other Strong Pokemon can also be useful if Tapu Bulu has killed what it can and Magnezone has trapped whats possible, Hoopa-Unbound is a strong candidate for this role. Faster Pokemon, faster pokemon cause this Core slight trouble since Magnezone is Specs and not Scarf, and Tapu Bulu's speed isn't much to brag about either, likewise, faster Pokemon also help the core, since they're so slow, examples of this could be Pokemon such as Mega-Metagross, or Pheromosa.
That's basically all I have to say for the core, since it's kinda simplistic, feedback and suggestions for Team Partners is also appreciated.

Yo, just wanted to do a very basic core that i have found to be very successful on both the ladder and in serious tour matches. The core is flyinium z gyarados plus assault vest tangrowth.

Gyarados @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Moxie
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- Taunt/Substitute
With the addition of zmoves into generation 7, gyarados once again became a potent threat in OU. Flyinium z gyarados is a nuke, and is arguably more effective at dding and sweeping/using flyinium than even the likes of salamence. Gyarados is crazy strong, and has gained recognition lately in SM OU. We even saw Zamrock defeat Gtm with a dd fly gyarados in one of the quickest spl games ive ever witnessed. With flyinium z, gyarados is able to muscle through some of its old counters and is a very solid sweeper and or late game cleaner. However, it still has a few answers, most notably the likes of rotom wash, tapu koko and zapdos. (Earthquake is also an option in the last slot, but is not reccomended because it really doesnt hit anything.) One thing that beats rotom wash and tapu koko as well as being able to knock off zapdos' leftovers and take hits from it is tangrowth.

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power
This tangrowth set is a set that i personally run, as the 56 defense and bold nature not only allow it to take 2 hits from mega metagross (ice punch never 2hkoes guaranteed, and meteor mash into ice punch after stealth rocks fails to kill as well), but also allows tangrowth to avoid the 2hko from mind plate tapu lele psyshock. Hidden power options include hp fire for things like ferrothorn and mega scizor or hp ice for things like landorus, salamence and garchomp. The hidden power usually depends on the rest of the team. Tangrowth is a hard counter to Rotom wash, the best defensive counter to gyarados atm, even though they are running spdef. Tangrowth is an amazing partner to gyarados, being able to beat its counters. The core is very basic, but gyarados is a solid sweeper right now and i highly suggest that people try this core out.

PQD

I COULD BE BANNED!
I didn't search if these cores were already posted, so I apologise if my cores were already posted :[.

Scizor-Mega + Greninja-ash (Offensive core):
+

Simple Volt-turn core, which use the immeasurable power of Greninja-Ash to destroy the opponent's Pokémons, added to bulky SD Scizor-Mega to help killing threats like Tangrowth, Tapu Bulu, and Chansey.

Scizor-Mega + Tapu Koko (Offensive core):
+

Tapu Koko is a decent threat and it can kill a lot of Pokémons with its mad electric power. I added Scizor-Mega because it permet to kill or weaken what Tapu Koko can't beat like Tangrowth and Ferrothorn. In exchange, Tapu Koko kills things like Celesteela, Skarmory, Toxapex, Charizard-Y and create a Volt-turn core.
Be careful against Magnezone!

Terrakion + Tapu Koko (Offensive core):
+

Terrakion is a very nice Pokémon because no OU Pokémons resists to its STABs at this moment. I am using Tapu Koko to kill Pokémons which can take several hits from Terrakion like Tapu Fini, Toxapex, Celesteela, Skarmory. The Terrakion's Choice Scarf permits it to beat Charizard-X, Dugtrio with broken Focus Sash, Exadrill, Salamence, and other Choice Scarf users in general.

Nidoking + Tapu Lele (Offensive core):

+

Nidoking is very powerful and fun to use; Choice Scarf Tapu Lele helps by beating Lati@s, Garchomp, Weavile (these Pokémons don't switch-in on NidoKING, only RK) and many other Pokémons which slows down NidoKING.
Things which can beat Celesteela, Skarmory and the like are welcome.
Volcarona + Sableye-Mega (Balanced core):
+

Volcarona became nice to use in SuMo with Z-Power, and I added Sableye-Mega to bounce Entry Hazards.

Volcarona + Tapu Fini (Balanced core):
+

In before, we saw Volcarona received a nice buff with Z-Power, and you can support it with Tapu Fini to protect it from status, especially from paralysis, and to clean Entry Hazards. And more, these Pokémons have a good defensive synergy so we can play Eject Button Tapu Fini.

Muk-Alola + Jellicent (Defensive core):
+

Nice defensive core which checks all OU threats. Specially Defensive Muk-Alola is a great wall, it is not 2HKO'd by any OU special attackers exept Charizard-Y, and can RK / Pursuit all set-up sweepers and Tapu Bulu. Physically defensive Jellicent weakens everything with Will-o-Wisp. Its wonderul typing counters a lot of Pokémons like Pheromosa and Celesteela if you have Taunt. Its bulk is good enough to kill Choice Band Dugtrio, or Excadrill. Even if Jellicent is played physically defensive here, it has a nice special bulk and can handle strong hits from Pokémons like Latios, Magearna (do Recover the turn they hit with DM / FC), none-Choice Specs Magnezone, Rotom-Wash, and many others.

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 216 HP / 60 Def / 200 SpD / 32 Spe
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch / Defog
- Knock Off / Defog
- Roost

Tapu Koko @ Magnet / Life Orb / Choice Specs
Ability: Electric Surge
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice
- Volt Switch / Taunt / Dazzling Gleam
- U-turn

Scizor-Mega's spread permits to outspeed Amoonguss / Slowbro by being paralysed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 116 Def / 128 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- U-Turn / Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance / Knock off
- Roost

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Water Shuriken
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Poison Jab
- Iron Head / Rock Slide / Toxic

Tapu Koko @ Magnet / Life Orb / Choice Specs
Ability: Electric Surge
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice
- Volt Switch / Taunt / Dazzling Gleam
- U-turn

Poison Jab hits all Tapus (Tapu Fini does not take a lot of damage, be careful!)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nidoking @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 16 Atk / 240 SpA / 252 Spe | 16 Atk / 12 Def / 252 SpA / 228 Spe | 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe | 28 HP / 252 SpA / 228 Spe
Naive Nature | Rash Nature | Timid Nature | Modest Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Sucker Punch / Flamethrower

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic / Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

I put Sucker Punch on Nido to beat Gengar and Alakazam-Mega because both are big threats for the core
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Volcarona @ Firium Z
Ability: Swarm
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Ground] / [Ice]
- Giga Drain

Sableye-Mega @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD
Careful Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Foul Play / Protect / Toxic / Metal Burst
- Recover

Metal Burst is fun :]

Volcarona @ Firium Z
Ability: Swarm
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Ground] / [Ice]
- Giga Drain

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers / Eject Button
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 236 HP / 192 Def / 16 SpD / 64 Spe
Calm Nature
- Taunt
- Nature's Madness
- Moonblast
- Defog / Scald

I use 64 EVs in speed to outspeed max speed none-Choice Scarf Tyranitar.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Muk-Alola @ Assault Vest
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 232 HP / 180 Atk / 96 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot
- Pursuit
- Shadow Sneak

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Def / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt / Ice Beam / Hex
- Recover

252 SpA Charizard-Mega-Y Fire Blast vs. 232 HP / 96+ SpD Assault Vest Muk-Alola in Sun: 172-204 (42 - 49.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Last edited:

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I didn't search if these cores were already posted, so I apologise if my cores were already posted :[.
Nobody expects you to read the whole thread and remember every core, but many of the best cores can be found in the first post. Please search the OP to check whether a core you plan on posting has already been shared or not.

Nobody expects you to read the whole thread and remember every core, but many of the best cores can be found in the first post. Please search the OP to check whether a core you plan on posting has already been shared or not.
granted, there aren't any cores in the OP right now

nedor pls fix

@below fair enough

Last edited:

bludz

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Yeah more for reference when Nedor fixes that. Til then just check his big post up above. Thanks

bludz

like I said, check the post up above by nedor til there are cores in the op.

Well, I haven't seen this one yet:

SD LO Garchomp + Flyinium Z Gyarados

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Fang

Gyarados @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- Earthquake

This is a simple offensive core based upon breaking down similar checks and counters. Garchomp lures in physically defensive mons like Landorus-T, Ferrothorn, Skarmory, Tapu Fini, Tangrowth, and Rotom-Wash. SD with Life Orb provides a ton of power for chunking fat cores, with Dragon + Fire + Ground being good enough to dent just about anything that might try to wall it, and so pave the way for a Gyarados sweep later.

The core is certainly weak to plenty of mons found on offense like Mega Metagross, Tapu Koko, and things like that, so it's a good idea to have some general counterplay to other offense. Good partners include Pheromosa, Greninja, Heatran, Magearna, and Mega Venusaur.

Scarf Nihilego + Protean Greninja (Offensive)
Nihilego @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
Timid Nature
- Power Gem
- Sludge Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Greninja @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Gunk Shot / Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Low Kick
- Dark Pulse

Scarf Nihilego is a lord. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

However, it does need some assistance preparing the enemy team for a late game Power Gem rampage. It can chip away at its best checks like Mega Metagross, Landorus-T, Celesteela, etc. over time, but really you want another partner to just kill these Pokemon so Nihilego has nothing to worry about.

That's where Greninja comes in.

In this metagame, if you need [insert defensive threats] removed, you slap a Protean Greninja on your team and call it a day. Greninja's insane coverage will put most offensive or balanced mons in range of Nihilego's STABs (or a super effective coverage move), and it's quite flexible too. Ice Beam is mandatory because it's just too valuable, but the rest is a tossup. Gunk Shot is still amazing, but since Nihilego is the primary wincon it's useful to run Hydro Pump as an all-purpose nuke. It also rips through Heatran and Tyranitar, potentially facilitating a sweep. Hidden Power Fire cleanly OHKOs Ferrothorn and hits Celesteela and Magearna decently hard. A spicy alternative is to run 252 Attack with Low Kick to 2HKO Celesteela after SR while OHKOing both Heatran and Tyranitar. Dark Pulse is very good on this particular Greninja because it OHKOs Metagross after SR and has great neutral coverage. Weakening the enemy team for Nihilego is this set's primary purpose, and a consistent option like Dark Pulse is excellent for this purpose. Extrasensory is not mentioned, but it can hit Toxapex and Mega Venusaur if nothing else on the team covers those threats (in other words, if you don't have an actual Psychic type...like Mega Metagross).

Scarf Nihilego + Ferrothorn (Balance)
Nihilego @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
Timid Nature
- Power Gem
- Sludge Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip / Stealth Rock

Sometimes it's easy to forget that Nihilego has 109/131 Special bulk. This Pokemon is deceptively fat, and in my opinion it's the best Choice Scarf user for balance right now. So, why not pair it with the king of balance?

This core highlights the other method of setting up Nihilego: passive damage. Between Spikes, Leech Seed, Iron Barbs, and even deceptively powerful STABs, Ferrothorn is the epitome of tormenting the enemy team. You can even run double hazards if you want, but I like Power Whip for matchups that might otherwise prove troublesome, like Gastrodon and Quagsire.

Ferrothorn is a solid physical sponge, able to switch into common physical attacks such as Mega Metagross's Meteor Mash (it lives the subsequent Hammer Arm as well) and defensive Landorus-T's Earthquake. In return, Scarf Nihilego checks prominent setup sweepers, such as Firium Z Volcarona and SSSS Salamence/Gyarados, and acts as a backup check to dangerous Special attackers. For instance, LO Greninja's Hydro Pump has a less than 1/3 chance to OHKO from full health, and Specs Ash-Greninja's 3-hit Water Shuriken doesn't even OHKO after SR.

These cores are very obviously lacking a sturdy Ground resist, so team options would include the likes of Landorus-T. In addition, having a designated stallbreaker proves very useful, as Choice Scarf Nihilego is near useless against stall.

There are obviously flaws that the rest of the team must account for, but overall I feel that Choice Scarf Nihilego is quite a good Pokemon in the current metagame, and these cores demonstrate its capabilities decently.

Last edited:

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Def / 152 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm / Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic
- Earth Power / Earthquake

Alternative options: Curse Gastrodon
The way this core functions is extremely simple; Ferrothorn is able to cover a variety of Grass-types such as Venusaur, Tangrowth, Amoonguss etc. for Gastrodon, and in exchange Gastrodon is capable of providing a safety net versus Scald-spamming Water-types and is capable of pivoting around Fire-types that give Ferrothorn trouble. It's another one of those generic-as-fuck Ferrothorn+Water-type cores so it's pretty simple to get the gist of. Good partners are Pokemon which can deal with things like Serperior and Fire-types with Grass-type coverage such as BloomTran and Mega Charizard Y.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed

Primarina @ Choice Specs
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Scald / Hidden Power Fire
In addition to this core's good defensive synergy courtesy of typing, Primarina benefits from Ferrothorn's Spikes support in that it allows it to dent stuff even harder than it already does, helping it wallbreak. Same kind of stuff defensively as the Gastro core in that Primarina covers Fires whereas Ferro covers Grasses, and this also covers Ash Greninja nicely on offence.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock / Earth Power
===========================
Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed

Heatran @ Grassium Z
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Solar Beam
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock / Taunt
FerroTran has been a core forever and it will be a core forever. Ferrothorn covers Water-types for Heatran, Heatran covers Fire-types for Ferrothorn. They form a hazard stacking core if Heatran carries Stealth Rock. Heatran also benefits from Ferrothorn's ability to check Ground-types on a short term basis.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Taunt
- Toxic

Tapu Bulu @ Leftovers
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Leech Seed
- Bulk Up / Substitute
- Horn Leech
- Brick Break / Protect / Taunt
==============================
Heatran @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Taunt
- Toxic

Tapu Bulu @ Fightinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Horn Leech / Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Zen Headbutt / Stone Edge
Heatran appreciate's Tapu Bulu's ability to mess with Ground-types, discouraging Earthquake with Grassy Surge etc. Their type synergy is generally super nice, and as such they just generally work well together. Tran covers Fire- and Steel-types for Bulu, Bulu covers Ground- and Water-types for Heatran. Nothing too special really.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Taunt
- Toxic

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain / Leaf Storm
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice] / Hidden Power [Fire] / Sludge Bomb
Heatran @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Taunt
- Toxic

Tangrowth @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 48 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sleep Powder
- Hidden Power [Ice] / Hidden Power [Fire] / Leech Seed
- Knock Off
Heatran @ Grassium Z
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Solar Beam
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock / Taunt

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain / Leaf Storm
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice] / Hidden Power [Fire] / Sludge Bomb
Heatran @ Grassium Z
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Solar Beam
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock / Taunt

Tangrowth @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 48 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sleep Powder
- Hidden Power [Ice] / Hidden Power [Fire] / Leech Seed
- Knock Off
Tangrowth covers Ground-types that give Heatran a headache whereas Heatran covers Fire-types that give Heatran a headache. AV Tang also covers Water-types pretty well. Do I need to say more than this? I'm sounding like a broken record at this point. Just generally nice type synergy that is good at easing matchups.

Heatran @ Grassium Z
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Solar Beam
- Earth Power
- Taunt

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Bronzong covers Ground-types (AGAIN) while Heatran covers Fire-types (AGAIN). Beyond this, Heatran is able to provide offensive presence to make up for Bronzong's passivity, and as a result it makes for a generally good partner to it. Also its nice that the fourth slot is totally free for Taunt to help Tran stallbreak better.

Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- U-turn
- Scald
- Hurricane
- Roost

Greninja @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Water Shuriken
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam / Surf / U-turn
Pelipper takes Ash Greninja's nukes and sends them off of the charts. No Pokemon is safe from the carnage that it brings. Traditional defensive checks like Tapu Fini and Primarina just get 2HKOed by its Water-type STAB, and it just generally rips holes in the whole tier. U-turn is great for bringing Gren in too.

252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja-Ash Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 16+ SpD Tapu Fini in Rain: 162-192 (47.2 - 55.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja-Ash Surf vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Fini in Rain: 149-176 (43.4 - 51.3%) -- 59% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja-Ash Surf vs. 172 HP / 0 SpD Primarina in Rain: 165-194 (47.9 - 56.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Those probably wouldn't happen in an in-fight scenario, but they demonstrate just how disgustingly strong this thing is. And its not like its Hydro Pumps don't hurt before transforming either:
252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja Hydro Pump vs. 172 HP / 0 SpD Primarina in Rain: 151-178 (43.8 - 51.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Last edited:

Ema Skye

Work!
Haven't seen this one posted yet.

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- HP Ice / HP Fire / Sludge Bomb
- Earthquake

Toxapex @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Recover
- Haze

Regenerator cores are fun. Literally just pivot around because these two blanket check so much of the meta. For extra annoyance, pair with hazards to punish more switches. Defensively, all of the weaknesses are covered outside of Flying and Psychic, and you can cover that with a Skarmory or Celesteela (I like Skarm more here because it gets hazards and has recover). With enough hazards, you can basically just win by pivoting around.

Can we bring Ho-oh down from Ubers to complete the FWG regen core? :U

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off

Magnezone @ Assault Vest
EVs: 140 HP / 192 SpA / 176 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Fire
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
Magnezone aims to do one thing, and one thing alone: remove Skarmory for Mamoswine (although it also helps vs. other random Steel-types that deal with Mamo otherwise too). With Knock Off, Mamoswine is capable of removing Skarmory's ShedShell in order for Magnezone to trap and eliminate it later on. Beyond this, Magnezone traps and eliminates various other steels that can give Mamoswine a headache such as Ferrothorn, Mega Scizor, and Bronzong. Analysis EVs for Magnezone.

Edit 31/8/2017: Updated Zone set 'cause Specs Magnet is p kinda outdated.

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 100 Atk / 144 SpD / 16 Spe OR 248 HP / 116 Def / 128 SpD / 16 Spe
Adamant / Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Pursuit / Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Roost

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightningrod
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Bone
- Fire Punch
- Bonemerang / Stealth Rock
- Will-O-Wisp / Stealth Rock
The way this core functions is simple: Mega Scizor baits out Magnezone pretty consistently, and Alolan Marowak makes a solid stop to it and can proceed to heavily dent one of the opponent's Pokemon with Shadow Bone. For bonus style points, you can run 24 or more speed EVs to U-turn on pesky Magnezone who try to creep 16 Spe Scizor variants to fuck with their plans! Just don't go too wild with the creep wars or else you will end up compromising bulk or power unnecessarily. Also feel free to fuck around with EV spreads to fit the needs of the team. Beyond this, Marowak does a good job checking Fire-types in general whereas Mega Scizor acts as a nice check to Knock Off users while just generally blanketing a lot of stuff.

Last edited:
obvious weather core here
+

Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Def / 64 SpD
Bold Nature
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog
- Scald

Kabutops @ Rockium Z / Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
- Waterfall

Pelipper sets up rain for Kabutops and provides a slow U-Turn, which is necessary due to Kabutops' bad spdef. Kabutops is then able to fire off huge hits in the rain. Rockium Z is nice because at +2 it breaks common rain checks such as Mega Venusaur and Tangrowth. Superpower at +2 also OHKOs standard Ferrothorn. Life Orb if another z move is already being used, but Rockium Z is preferred. Pelipper also takes on Scarf Pheromosa, which forces Kabutops out even in the rain.

Greninja + Magnezone

Sets:
Greninja @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Spikes
- Ice Beam / Hydro Pump
- Gunk Shot
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Magnezone @ Assault Vest / Chople Berry
EVs: 128 HP / 252 SpA / 128 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Thunder Wave / Hidden Power [Fire]

Hello this is the duo i wanted to show, i tried it in ladder and i noticed which works really good, you can think "how do they help eachother", well they dont helps eachother at all but there is one baitkill: HP Fire Greninja, when your opponent is facing a magnezone doesnt think that Greninja uses hp fire for hit other ferro and there is the moment to show the baitkill and leave space to a 3rd pokèmon who can be someone that appreciates Ferro dead like M-Gyarados.
That's All!!, i hope you enjoyed the core.

FFL; Ferrothotn, Tapu fini and Landorus-T is a great defensive core for balanced. Ferro and Lando has rocks and spikes and fini also defog. I use ir in several teams and it works very well. The synergy is obvious but they are very defensive and wallbreakers like charizard y, magma storm heatran or volcarona can be problematics. Also we can use scarfchomp, tapu koko, nihilego and they check these pokemon perfectly (the rocks and spikes helps too), Those are the sets I usually use:

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 32 SpD / 56 Spe
Calm Nature
- Nature's Madness
- Taunt
- Moonblast
- Scald

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 212 Def / 40 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Rockium Z
EVs: 252 Atk / 6 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

I hoped you like it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)