Project OU Teambuilding Competition V9 (Done! See you all in Sun & Moon)

I dont understand why team 6 is a meme ? Can somebody please explain to me when a team is a "meme" in general i know what memes are but On this community I dont know what is to be considered as a meme and what not.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I dont understand why team 6 is a meme ? Can somebody please explain to me when a team is a "meme" in general i know what memes are but On this community I dont know what is to be considered as a meme and what not.
It has Hoopa-C, Shedinja and Smeargle on one team with Shed's purpose literally being to die

That and Googly literally called the team a meme in his post

Edit: voting for Team 9 'cause I don't want to vote for something because it's a meme and this looks kinda like MattyBrollic's Balance. Isnt. Dead. with regards to its concept, and that's one of my favorite teams ever. That and JelliSpikes is fucking cool

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Pretty close voting in the end, but Team 9 by Dehors has won this teambuilding round with Team 6 by googly ending on a close second. Congratulations, will be added to the hall of fame whenever I update it.

Well, Sun & Moon is basically around the corner so I guess 1 or 2 more rounds will be enough to end this thread on good terms. Lets make the best of that.

To the next round we go

ROUND 56:

+

Green devastating duo that can basically decimate balance and bulky offense virtue of the excellent offensive synergy they share. Serperior takes advantage of the bulky waters that would aim to check tyranitar, the dark/rock behemoth weaken or destroy fire and flying types in return with strong pursuit and stone edge. Pretty straightforward.

Building round ends until Saturday at 11:00 PM GMT -5. Have fun everyone!

Amane Misa

Bring Them Home Now!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute
- Leech Seed

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Ice Punch
- Pursuit

Talonflame
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Bulk Up
- Will-O-Wisp

Excadrill @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 212 SpD / 44 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Reflect Type
- Recover
- Toxic

Talonflame helps the core with things such as ZardY, Mega Gardevoir, Mega Venusaur andd whatever.

Excadrill counters Clefable and provides Rapid Spin, what the core really appreciates.

Scizor switches into a lot of things the core struggles against such as Mega Metagross, Landorus-T and stuff.

Last, added Starmie, a counter to Heatran and Keldeo.

The team members have a nice synergy over all.

Last edited:
+ filler
Serperior @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute
- Leech Seed

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- Crunch

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Lax Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Scizor @ Scizorite
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Defog

This is just a solid backbone for this build. Could be a bit weak to opposing Lando-T so either run HP Ice Lando-T or SD depending on your preference. Use whatever filler Pokemon you like. Probably a water type though, some kind of win condition against fatter builds would be nice too. I'm going to just drop a Bruxish here because that fish looks sassy af.

Bruxish @ Life Orb
Ability: Strong Jaw
Jolly Nature
- Psychic Fangs
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall

HYPE!

not entering, just wanted to give people a general backbone for future reference.

Last edited:

You-Know-Who (Tyranitar) @ Choice Band
EVs: 100 HP / 252 Atk / 156 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Severus (Serperior) @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute
- Leech Seed

Pettigrew (Excadrill) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Ron (Charizard) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

Firenze (Keldeo) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind

Albus (Clefable) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave

Serperior is one of my favorite Pokémon to throw onto any OU team, so I was quite happy to actually build around it for a change. While I personally use the offensive variant with Glare over Giga Drain, I decided that SubSeed would be more beneficial when it comes to dealing with stall, Chansey specifically.

Tyranitar is an excellent Pursuit trapper that pairs rather well with many 'mons, so a lot of my building was made around finding ways to trap Latios and Starmie. While I did use Choice Band for a short while, I eventually found myself in situations where the Scarf would've been more beneficial. As the team progressed, I changed Tyranitar to be a Scarf variant. Recently changed back to Choice Band to get more out of Pursuit trapping and a little more bulk for taking on Latios.

Charizard was the Mega I ended up choosing, due to how well both versions can pair with a Tyranitar and Serperior for offensive potential. While I did think about using Zard X during the team building process, I did decide against it, preferring Zard Y as a powerful hitter from the moment it comes in rather than a setup sweeper.

Excadrill is always a default teammate to pair with Tyranitar, but it also pairs rather well with Charizard due to Rapid Spin. I decided to just bring the standard Sand Rush set with Rapid Spin over Swords Dance due to this.

Keldeo's ability to click Scald with almost no punishment whatsoever was very huge in my choice of it over Rotom-W. However, the real decision came down to a lack of things beating Landorus-T and Garchomp. While I was originally using a Scarf with Banded Tyranitar, I switched both around to make Keldeo Specs. Recently changed back to Scarf, giving the team some much needed speed and focused more on weakening teams for Serperior or Zard Y to come in and clean up.

Lastly, I wanted some speed control for Tornadus-T, Lopunny-M, and other fast attackers. I eventually defaulted to Clefable, since it could give me another win condition with Calm Mind. The fact that Magic Guard ignores Sand was also a huge bonus.

Last edited:

Serperior @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute
- Glare

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Magnezone @ Chople Berry
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 168 HP / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunder Wave

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Lax Nature
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Gengar @ Black Sludge
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Taunt
- Substitute
- Will-O-Wisp

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Bounce
I decided on Glare Serperior + Band Tyranitar right off the bat, since Serperior can make up for some of Tyranitar's poor speed issues, which hinder it in trapping or KOing Serperior's checks (i.e. Surf Specs Latios, Superpower Tornadus-T, WoW Talonflame).

Chople Magnezone removes Steel-types that stop Tyranitar and Serperior from spamming Grass and Rock moves, since neither really like wasting precious PP like that. Chople lets it check stuff like fast Superpower Mega Scizor/Tornadus-T and Focus Blast Thundurus, and emergency check to a few Fighting-types; Thunder Wave is helpful because with two Substitute users and a DDer I'd often rather have something paralyzed than KOed, and it makes a great Mega Lopunny lure.

Defensive Landorus-T is kind of a no-brainer here, it sets rocks and checks most physical attackers, especially Fighting- and Ground-type ones. It has three great moves and a lure option, what else can you ask for?

Sub+Hex Gengar is something that Cicada posted about here to go with Glare Serperior, and that describes the synergy better than I ever could. Gengar can pressure Chansey and Grass-types, both of which greatly irritate the team otherwise.

Mega Gyarados punishes foes that try to Pursuit-trap Gengar, checks Keldeo and other Fighting-types pre-mega and then Weavile post-mega, lures in bulky Grass-types, and is a great finisher after paralysis is spread. Waterfall felt unnecessary, since the team already has a few ways of beating bulky Ground-types.

Last edited:

Serperior @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute
- Leech Seed

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Superpower

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Icy Wind

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 SpD
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn

Landorus-Therian @ Earth Plate
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

I based this team around sub seed serperior and choice band tyranitar as both sets work really nicely together, tar helps pursuit trapping mons like latios easier and sub seed serperior is just the best serperior set and really annoying to face when sets up sub seed, I started off adding choice scarf keldeo to add the speed control and in general to check pokemon like bisharp, mega lopunny and scarf landorus-t, clefable was my stealth rocker choice and overall great pokemon to use from t-waving faster mons and checking mons like mega heracross. mega scizor was my choice of steel type and mega evolution as its very bulky, gives more sweeping opportunities and u-turn gives out momentum for team and finally landorus-t for earthquake immunity and chosen earth plate sword dance to power creep mons such as ferrothorn and opposing clefable.

im sorta done with ORAS so here's a squad i made in like 2 minutes

Serperior @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute
- Leech Seed

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Icy Wind
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Hydro Pump

Ampharos-Mega @ Ampharosite
Ability: Static
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Dragon Pulse

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Heal Bell
- Nasty Plot

Excadrill @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head

ok so i started with subseed serp +bandtar because it's a good core. Next i added scarf Keldeo as a weavile and bisharp counter and a lopunny check. next was fabio because it checks mega pinsir, zardy, and starmie. togekiss formed a good core with fabio, shutting down stall teams and waking amphy if needed. also gives a way to beat mega venusaur/amoonguss. finally, spdef drill for rocks and spin. teams kinda weak to scarf drill but whatever.

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Sun & Moon is literally around the corner so this will be the last round, gonna update the thread tomorrow and add the missing teams to the hall of fame in the process.

If you have any teams to post, by all means go for it.

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- Stone Edge
- Crunch

Serperior @ Leftovers
EVs: 8 HP / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Glare
- Taunt

Talonflame
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Bulk Up
- Acrobatics

Starmie @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Gengar @ Black Sludge
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sludge Bomb
- Substitute

Tyranitar-Banded Ttar can 2hko all variants of Heatran with pursuit and Hits like a Nuke and also takes care of flying types which trouble Serperior and pursuit trap Lati Twins.(84spe evs allow me to outspeed skarmory and specs Magnezone and the hp investment allows me to take 2 dragon claws from Charizard-x and also to take on LO latios without sacrificing too much of ttar's health

Serperior-leaf storm for obvious reasons,HP fire to ko scizor,ferrothorn and steel types in general which can annoy both ttar and itself.Glare(with para getting nerfed y not?) works wonderful with banded Ttar making TTar reliably take on Tornadus-t without having to worry abt Focus Miss and can help versus mega Pinsir and Heatran too.Taunt to make my Stall matchup better and along with Banded Ttar and bulk up talon my the team can take stall reasonably well(Dugtrio Ruins TTar though).8 evs in hp makes sure that i never get ko'ed by choice specs secret sword from Keldeo after SR damage.

Talonflame-
With the Smogon bird getting nerfed very badly next gen thought of using it in the final team i build for this Gen.I haven't used Bulk up talon b4 and it can also take on grass types,Mega garde, charizard-y and Pinsir ,also pressurizes Fighting types which come on Ttar.

Starmie
-Naturally a Keldeo and Heatran counter 2 biggest threats to my team,Also clears rocks which is almost a must with Talonflame in a team.Nature cure to absorb status and IMO Offensive Starmie is better than utility Starmie except in some situations and is just as reliable spinner as Offensive Starmie even with max hp investment takes only weak hits and the team looses a lot of momentum.

Hippowdon-the team had no means of beating Thundurus and Electric types were troublesome.So a switch in to them and provides me stealth rock.Also takes care of opposing excadrill which may use my sand to its advantage and takes on bisharp.(talonflame can take it decently too but he can set up too much on talonflame and ruin my team then).Sand force than sand stream coz noone in my team benefits from Double Sand support and Sand force can make Hippowdon maintain the offensive momentum during sandstorm.Stone edge so it isn't weak even outside sandstorm and to ko thundurus.

Gengar-
my team struggled against grass types even with talon.So an additional grass type check.With Glare Serperior and wow talon and the ability to avoid spore (double switch from serp ornstarmie or sometimes talon too and then sub) sub-hex Gengar seemed the natural choice(Gengar getting nerfed next gen was also a reason) and completes my team with the ability to take on Fairy types.Bomb over wave as 30 percent chance is better better with hex.Wow for gengar to spread status(afterall burn too is getting nerfed).

Vague

Banned deucer.

Serperior @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute
- Leech Seed

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Roost
- Thunderbolt

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Roost
- Dragon Dance

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Neat Sand Offense that's a different take on what everyone else has been posting. Decided to go with Defensive Tyranitar + SubSeed Serp since it gets the need for a Rocker out of the way (and lures in Mega Pinsir with Chople since holy cow that thing is scary) and SubSeed is the best Serperior set to use. Latios is your run of the mill multipurpose mon and it's running a cool lure set to get rid of some annoyances to this team such as Heatran with Surf and Skarmory with Thunderbolt. Rotom-W checks opposing sand as well as pivoting around and such. Mega Charizard X fits nicely as another wincon and a way to keep some dangerous threats like Mega Scizor and Knoff Thundurus at bay. Finally, Excadrill absues sand, clears hazards, and functions as a general revenge killer. Simple team with simple path to victory.

MrAldo

Hey
And thats it! The last voting for the ORAS era starts now!

Team 1

Serperior @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute
- Leech Seed

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Ice Punch
- Pursuit

Talonflame
Careful Nature
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Bulk Up
- Will-O-Wisp

Excadrill @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 212 SpD / 44 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic

Scizor @ Scizorite
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn

Starmie @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Reflect Type
- Recover
- Toxic
Talonflame helps the core with things such as ZardY, Mega Gardevoir, Mega Venusaur andd whatever.

Excadrill counters Clefable and provides Rapid Spin, what the core really appreciates.

Scizor switches into a lot of things the core struggles against such as Mega Metagross, Landorus-T and stuff.

Last, added Starmie, a counter to Heatran and Keldeo.

The team members have a nice synergy over all.

Team 2

You-Know-Who (Tyranitar) @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Severus (Serperior) @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute
- Leech Seed

Pettigrew (Excadrill) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Ron (Charizard) @ Charizardite Y
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

Firenze (Keldeo) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind

Albus (Clefable) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave
Serperior is one of my favorite Pokémon to throw onto any OU team, so I was quite happy to actually build around it for a change. While I personally use the offensive variant with Glare over Giga Drain, I decided that SubSeed would be more beneficial when it comes to dealing with stall, Chansey specifically.

Tyranitar is an excellent Pursuit trapper that pairs rather well with many 'mons, so a lot of my building was made around finding ways to trap Latios and Starmie. While I did use Choice Band for a short while, I eventually found myself in situations where the Scarf would've been more beneficial. As the team progressed, I changed Tyranitar to be a Scarf variant. Recently changed back to Choice Band to get more out of Pursuit trapping and a little more bulk for taking on Latios.

Charizard was the Mega I ended up choosing, due to how well both versions can pair with a Tyranitar and Serperior for offensive potential. While I did think about using Zard X during the team building process, I did decide against it, preferring Zard Y as a powerful hitter from the moment it comes in rather than a setup sweeper.

Excadrill is always a default teammate to pair with Tyranitar, but it also pairs rather well with Charizard due to Rapid Spin. I decided to just bring the standard Sand Rush set with Rapid Spin over Swords Dance due to this.

Keldeo's ability to click Scald with almost no punishment whatsoever was very huge in my choice of it over Rotom-W. However, the real decision came down to a lack of things beating Landorus-T and Garchomp. While I was originally using a Scarf with Banded Tyranitar, I switched both around to make Keldeo Specs. Recently changed back to Scarf, giving the team some much needed speed and focused more on weakening teams for Serperior or Zard Y to come in and clean up.

Lastly, I wanted some speed control for Tornadus-T, Lopunny-M, and other fast attackers. I eventually defaulted to Clefable, since it could give me another win condition with Calm Mind. The fact that Magic Guard ignores Sand was also a huge bonus.

Team 3

Serperior @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute
- Glare

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Magnezone @ Chople Berry
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 168 HP / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunder Wave

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Lax Nature
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Gengar @ Black Sludge
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Taunt
- Substitute
- Will-O-Wisp

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Bounce
I decided on Glare Serperior + Band Tyranitar right off the bat, since Serperior can make up for some of Tyranitar's poor speed issues, which hinder it in trapping or KOing Serperior's checks (i.e. Surf Specs Latios, Superpower Tornadus-T, WoW Talonflame).

Chople Magnezone removes Steel-types that stop Tyranitar and Serperior from spamming Grass and Rock moves, since neither really like wasting precious PP like that. Chople lets it check stuff like fast Superpower Mega Scizor/Tornadus-T and Focus Blast Thundurus, and emergency check to a few Fighting-types; Thunder Wave is helpful because with two Substitute users and a DDer I'd often rather have something paralyzed than KOed, and it makes a great Mega Lopunny lure.

Defensive Landorus-T is kind of a no-brainer here, it sets rocks and checks most physical attackers, especially Fighting- and Ground-type ones. It has three great moves and a lure option, what else can you ask for?

Sub+Hex Gengar is something that Cicada posted about here to go with Glare Serperior, and that describes the synergy better than I ever could. Gengar can pressure Chansey and Grass-types, both of which greatly irritate the team otherwise.

Mega Gyarados punishes foes that try to Pursuit-trap Gengar, checks Keldeo and other Fighting-types pre-mega and then Weavile post-mega, lures in bulky Grass-types, and is a great finisher after paralysis is spread. Waterfall felt unnecessary, since the team already has a few ways of beating bulky Ground-types.

Team 4

Serperior @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute
- Leech Seed

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Superpower

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Icy Wind

Clefable @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 SpD
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn

Landorus-Therian @ Earth Plate
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
I based this team around sub seed serperior and choice band tyranitar as both sets work really nicely together, tar helps pursuit trapping mons like latios easier and sub seed serperior is just the best serperior set and really annoying to face when sets up sub seed, I started off adding choice scarf keldeo to add the speed control and in general to check pokemon like bisharp, mega lopunny and scarf landorus-t, clefable was my stealth rocker choice and overall great pokemon to use from t-waving faster mons and checking mons like mega heracross. mega scizor was my choice of steel type and mega evolution as its very bulky, gives more sweeping opportunities and u-turn gives out momentum for team and finally landorus-t for earthquake immunity and chosen earth plate sword dance to power creep mons such as ferrothorn and opposing clefable.

Team 5

Serperior @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute
- Leech Seed

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Icy Wind
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Hydro Pump

Ampharos-Mega @ Ampharosite
Ability: Static
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Dragon Pulse

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Heal Bell
- Nasty Plot

Excadrill @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
ok so i started with subseed serp +bandtar because it's a good core. Next i added scarf Keldeo as a weavile and bisharp counter and a lopunny check. next was fabio because it checks mega pinsir, zardy, and starmie. togekiss formed a good core with fabio, shutting down stall teams and waking amphy if needed. also gives a way to beat mega venusaur/amoonguss. finally, spdef drill for rocks and spin. teams kinda weak to scarf drill but whatever.

Team 6

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- Stone Edge
- Crunch

Serperior @ Leftovers
EVs: 8 HP / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Glare
- Taunt

Talonflame
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Bulk Up
- Acrobatics

Starmie @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Gengar @ Black Sludge
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sludge Bomb
- Substitute
Tyranitar-Banded Ttar can 2hko all variants of Heatran with pursuit and Hits like a Nuke and also takes care of flying types which trouble Serperior and pursuit trap Lati Twins.(84spe evs allow me to outspeed skarmory and specs Magnezone and the hp investment allows me to take 2 dragon claws from Charizard-x and also to take on LO latios without sacrificing too much of ttar's health

Serperior-leaf storm for obvious reasons,HP fire to ko scizor,ferrothorn and steel types in general which can annoy both ttar and itself.Glare(with para getting nerfed y not?) works wonderful with banded Ttar making TTar reliably take on Tornadus-t without having to worry abt Focus Miss and can help versus mega Pinsir and Heatran too.Taunt to make my Stall matchup better and along with Banded Ttar and bulk up talon my the team can take stall reasonably well(Dugtrio Ruins TTar though).8 evs in hp makes sure that i never get ko'ed by choice specs secret sword from Keldeo after SR damage.
Talonflame-With the Smogon bird getting nerfed very badly next gen thought of using it in the final team i build for this Gen.I haven't used Bulk up talon b4 and it can also take on grass types,Mega garde, charizard-y and Pinsir ,also pressurizes Fighting types which come on Ttar.
Starmie-Naturally a Keldeo and Heatran counter 2 biggest threats to my team,Also clears rocks which is almost a must with Talonflame in a team.Nature cure to absorb status and IMO Offensive Starmie is better than utility Starmie except in some situations and is just as reliable spinner as Offensive Starmie even with max hp investment takes only weak hits and the team looses a lot of momentum.

Hippowdon-the team had no means of beating Thundurus and Electric types were troublesome.So a switch in to them and provides me stealth rock.Also takes care of opposing excadrill which may use my sand to its advantage and takes on bisharp.(talonflame can take it decently too but he can set up too much on talonflame and ruin my team then).Sand force than sand stream coz noone in my team benefits from Double Sand support and Sand force can make Hippowdon maintain the offensive momentum during sandstorm.Stone edge so it isn't weak even outside sandstorm and to ko thundurus.
Gengar-my team struggled against grass types even with talon.So an additional grass type check.With Glare Serperior and wow talon and the ability to avoid spore (double switch from serp ornstarmie or sometimes talon too and then sub) sub-hex Gengar seemed the natural choice(Gengar getting nerfed next gen was also a reason) and completes my team with the ability to take on Fairy types.Bomb over wave as 30 percent chance is better better with hex.Wow for gengar to spread status(afterall burn too is getting nerfed).

Team 7

Serperior @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute
- Leech Seed

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Roost
- Thunderbolt

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Roost
- Dragon Dance

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin
Neat Sand Offense that's a different take on what everyone else has been posting. Decided to go with Defensive Tyranitar + SubSeed Serp since it gets the need for a Rocker out of the way (and lures in Mega Pinsir with Chople since holy cow that thing is scary) and SubSeed is the best Serperior set to use. Latios is your run of the mill multipurpose mon and it's running a cool lure set to get rid of some annoyances to this team such as Heatran with Surf and Skarmory with Thunderbolt. Rotom-W checks opposing sand as well as pivoting around and such. Mega Charizard X fits nicely as another wincon and a way to keep some dangerous threats like Mega Scizor and Knoff Thundurus at bay. Finally, Excadrill absues sand, clears hazards, and functions as a general revenge killer. Simple team with simple path to victory.

Voting lasts until Thursday at 11:00 PM GMT -5. May the best one win!

Last edited:

MrAldo

Hey
Still not the deadline but I dont see this getting more votes so this is it. Team 7 by Vague has won this teambuilding round. Congratulations.

And with that, and the final update to the hall of fame, we give closure to this thread. Gotta thank everyone for participating and providing constant support to this thread, especially thanking p2 for helping on updating this thread when I was "away". Had some fun hosting this and hearing teambuilding ideas from everyone.

Not sure if I will host the next iteration of this thread on Sun & Moon, but Ill be up for hosting it other time. See you all on Sun & Moon!

Celticpride this is good to go (close it).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)