OU Teambuilding Workshop [Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nedor

thiccc

Zard Y is probably one of my fav 'mon in the game, but I never liked how he was weak to Stealth Rocks, which forced you to bring something that could remove hazards, and in the case of Defog, the opponent can pretty much force you to use Defog and remove hazards on your side too whenever you try to set 'em up.
I don't mind the set itself, I guess something like:

Charizard-Mega-Y (M) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid/Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Roost/Tailwind
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast/ Hidden Power [Ice]

Modest if Tailwind, or HP Ice, since it gives him the ability to ohko cb Zygarde, Timid if Roost or team has problems against Specs Lele or something.

I just can't seem to build a team that does not let me loose too much momentum by babying 'Zard, and the pay off very rarely is good, with Zard most of the time dying early or mid game, I'm interested to see somebody else's take on it, with building a team around Zard Y without said 'mon sapping too much momentum.
hola

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Crunch
- Psychic Fangs
- Waterfall

mega sharpedo is pretty cool rn because of the mega buff + psychic fangs. base 105 speed is pretty nice bc you outspeed stuff like scarf chomp and nihilego at +1. moves are standard, but you can run whatever moves you want. ty in advance
Can someone build a team about Nasty plot thundurus+ scarf tapu lele?

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice
- Focus Blast

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Tapu lele appreciates things like skarmory and celeesteela being weakened with Thundurus, and with psychic terrain thundurus can sweep because the other mons can not use priority moves. I think is a really nice core.

I would appreciate you to build the team with both, but if you only build the team with nasty plot thundurus, I will be happy :)

Thanks!

This post has been edited because I have noticed that it was not like the sample text is and had be declined, so I wish you read the edited post.
i'll take these. going in vacation soon so i want something to do on the plane etc etc. team dump will happen sometime next week.

zCheshrye

More teams for your headtops. Okay this is a pretty simple request considering how straightforward building with CB Zygarde is. So knowing that Zygarde can't break through fat grass like Tangrowth, I paired it with Life Orb Tornadus-T to abuse it and also help against stall matchups, while giving you a ground immunity. Ferrothorn and Scizor are our pivots and ways of checking Tapu Lele and Metagross, as well as providing hazards control for those Toxapexes using T-Spikes. Scarf Keldeo for gives you some speed and check Greninja and prevents Volcarona from beating you, though you can play around it sufficiently to prevent it from setting up. SD Tectonic Rage on Chomper because Tornadus-T isn't enough to break fat teams. The set lets you blow through Unaware Clefable who gets 2HKO'd by Earthquake followed by Tectonic Rage. HP Fire Metagross kind of makes life hard for you but you can manage to deal adequately imo, but this mon is broken so . You can run Heat Wave for Metagross to pressure it but that means having to drop one of Knock Off, Taunt or U-Turn. Overall it's solid, enjoy.

Edit: Obii and I talked about this some more after I posted but another thing you can do with this team is make Torn-T AV instead of Life Orb to better pivot vs Lele. If you want to try a different version of this team, you can swap Ferrothorn for SpDef HW/Wish Rachi to help vs Lele matchups as well. This would still be while keeping AV TornT, since Garchomp and Zygarde a good job of breaking as is.

Last edited:

zCheshrye

More teams for your headtops. Okay this is a pretty simple request considering how straightforward building with CB Zygarde is. So knowing that Zygarde can't break through fat grass like Tangrowth, I paired it with Life Orb Tornadus-T to abuse it and also help against stall matchups, while giving you a ground immunity. Ferrothorn and Scizor are our pivots and ways of checking Tapu Lele and Metagross, as well as providing hazards control for those Toxapexes using T-Spikes. Scarf Keldeo for gives you some speed and check Greninja and prevents Volcarona from beating you, though you can play around it sufficiently to prevent it from setting up. SD Tectonic Rage on Chomper because Tornadus-T isn't enough to break fat teams. The set lets you blow through Unaware Clefable who gets 2HKO'd by Earthquake followed by Tectonic Rage. HP Fire Metagross kind of makes life hard for you but you can manage to deal adequately imo, but this mon is broken so LUL. You can run Heat Wave for Metagross to pressure it but that means having to drop one of Knock Off, Taunt or U-Turn. Overall it's solid, enjoy.

Thanks so much :)

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 104 HP / 224 Atk / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Fang
- Stealth Rock

Rotom-Wash @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 120 Def / 140 SpD
Bold Nature
- Pain Split
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Fire Fang

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earthquake

Gengar @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Cursed Body
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Greninja @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Gunk Shot

Djk618 I'm done broo

Alright here we go. So I did originally have the 4 attacks Mawile you listed but I was honestly making a lot of builds that I didn't really like. I heard some whisperings of Stealth Rock Mawile and its pristine matchup against stall builds so I decided to give that a go and I think it works pretty well. Next up I changed the Rotom set a bit as I wanted mixed defenses to take on stuff like Protean Greninja while still having physical bulk for mons like Lando-T and Metagross. Vertex suggested I run a Wiki Berry here instead of Leftovers and I have to say it's been pretty cool since Rotom often gets knocked into very low range without being KO'd. Looking at the original core I knew I needed to cover my ass against Zygarde, Volcarona, and Charizard. So I was looking to add some speed control and also a breaker, I settled on SD Life Orb Garchomp AKA the best chomp. This set is completely savage, Z move Chomps are really more situational based on what you're facing whereas LO is pretty much always gettin a kill. This is where Rocks on Mawile opens things up too cuz SD Rocks Garchomp is so much easier to wall. Next up I added AV Tangrowth as it covers me against Specs Greninja, Scarf Keldeo, a lot of Zygarde variants and is generally just a nice glue mon for pivoting into hits and whatnot. Now a lot of builds I'd been making had essentially 2 fast mons and a bunch of slower mons (Maw, Rotom, Growth etc stuff like that) so I wanted to try something a bit different this time and go with 2 faster threats. First off is Gengar giving me a complementary breaker for Garchomp and Mawile. I didn't have a Z move yet and this seemed like a good time to use one. Taunt 3 attacks Gar dismantles most balances including those with Toxapex since Neverending Nightmare is brolic as fuck. This also gave me a better way to pressure fairy types which currently the team is not so wonderful at doing. Last up I went with the superglue aka Greninja since that boi can do anything. Scarf is the set here for true speed control and so I can take care of things that try to get out of hand like Volcarona and whatnot. Pretty much a standard set here Gunk hits fairies Beam hits most everything else and U-turn for utility.

I should note that I do think T Punch Rocks Mawile is a better set but Fire Fang does two notable things. First off it blows Ferrothorn all the way back which is really good on a team with no hazard removal. Secondly I'm a bit weak to setup Magearnas and this helps somewhat as Mawile can take a non Z and non-boosted hit from Magearna and weaken it. I should note that before I had Focus Blast Tangrowth with T Punch Mawile so I still had a way to hit Ferro, but offensive Magearna was just a really big issue to be honest. Played around it a few times but it swept me enough that I needed to make a change (EQ on Tang helps too). Feel free to experiment with the sets, I realize this Maw can't touch Pex (gross) but it's pressured by most everything else bar Greninja so that's nice. Lele is kind of a threat (but before you complain about Mawile needing a second steel!) however Scarf is manageable if you keep Tang healthy and the other variants are outsped by half the team.

Enjoy!

Edit:

I'm also taking the quoted post below, might change up the sets depending on the build

I don't think it's been requested so:

Zygarde @ Life Orb
Ability: Aura Break
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed

Magearna @ Steelium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
Timid Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Aura Sphere / Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Shift Gear

These two have great offensive synergy together. Zygarde just gets better and better the more I use it, and I haven't tried shift gear Magearna yet. Zygarde's thousand arrows helps dent steel types that Mag struggles with and just hits everything in general, leaving Mag with the potential to sweep late game. The core struggles getting past Ferro and is heavily pressured by offensive waters like Keldeo and Gren as well as offensive grounds, so keep that in mind. Some form of hazard control is probably needed too as these don't really appreciate spikes. I'm looking for a post-Phero team (everyone knows that thing's going), preferably BO (if the offensive sets are too hard to fit on a BO, feel free to use SubCoil Zygarde but keep shift gear Mag)

no sprites cus im short on time:

Cheryl. sorry for taking so long, finch and i made a team but it wasnt for the cham meta so i made something new

Serperior @ Normalium Z
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hyper Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- U-turn

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Def / 164 SpD
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Def / 140 SpD / 64 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Will-O-Wisp
- Soft-Boiled
- Psychic

Landorus-Therian @ Earth Plate
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Smack Down

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Recover
- Surf

i started off with serp + ash gren bc gren is a mon that appreciates serp eliminating grasses for it. the team was centered around this concept of supporting a serp / ash gren sweep. sciz / mew compress roles really well checking mgross / medicham together ( the 2 biggest offensive threats ) and providing the team with rocks, defog, priority etc. lando is a ground immune that can break stall and is another mon that appreciates the removal of tang but still has toxic so the team isnt relying entirely on serp to remove it. lastly, scarf lati was added to provide an offensive tran switch in, speed control, and an offensive koko check

this is the team finch and i made a while back if you're interested.

Serperior @ Normalium Z
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- Leaf Storm
- Hyper Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Knock Off

Mawile @ Mawilite
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 228 Def / 4 SpA / 28 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Muk-Alola @ Assault Vest
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Rock Slide
- Pursuit

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind
- Scald

Greninja @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Hydro Pump
- Extrasensory

tankmonx here's the cham + spikes gren

Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch

Landorus-Therian @ Rockium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Rock Polish

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower
- Soft-Boiled

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 228 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Toxic
- Healing Wish

Greninja @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Hydro Pump
- Extrasensory
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Surf
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind
- Stone Edge

the team was p straightfoward to make. cham+gren is a stupidly strong offensive duo so the rest of the team was just filling in roles. z lando is a ground immune that can pressure balance and offense w its 2 different set up moves. clef + jirachi provide switch ins for opposing cham , lele, dragons, etc. lastly scarf keldeo was added to check threats like volcarona and provide general speed control / revenge killing. clef is flamethrower bc scizor is a pain

AD Thunderboy i changed the sets a bit for your mons but feel free to use whatever you like

Buzzwole @ Choice Band
Ability: Beast Boost
Jolly Nature
- Superpower
- Ice Punch
- Poison Jab
- Thunder Punch

Celesteela @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower

Slowbro @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Def / 216 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Hidden Power [Fire]

slowbro is a water resist ,cham check ,gross check and so on. mgross provides offensive presence and is a lele answer. scarf chomp provides speed control and i put rocks on it to compress roles more easily. amoonguss improves the gren / koko match up. im using band buzz bc it allows you to use jolly which outspeeds heatran (a huge threat to this team). id recommend you keep the banded set or just run a set thats faster that tran

Xayah

San Bwanna
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
no sprites cus im short on time:

AD Thunderboy i changed the sets a bit for your mons but feel free to use whatever you like

Buzzwole @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Superpower
- Ice Punch
- Poison Jab
- Thunder Punch

Celesteela @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower

Slowbro @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off

Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Def / 216 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Hidden Power [Fire]

slowbro is a water resist ,cham check ,gross check and so on. mgross provides offensive presence and is a lele answer. scarf chomp provides speed control and i put rocks on it to compress roles more easily. amoonguss improves the gren / koko match up. im using band buzz bc it allows you to use jolly which outspeeds heatran (a huge threat to this team). id recommend you keep the banded set or just run a set thats faster that tran
Thank you so much!

Ema Skye

Work!
Requesting Webs + Medicham.

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Skill Swap
- Taunt

Medicham @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Fake Out

Feel free to change Smeargle's moves too, considering there are a lot of options for the last two slots.

Requesting Nasty Plot Thundurus I

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Focus Blast
- Nasty Plot

Requesting Bisharp + Spikes Ash Gren Dark Spam

Bisharp @ Life Orb/Darkinium Z
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Spikes

So this is a core that I thought up a while ago, and it revolves around a Darkspam core + Spikes. Bisharp pressures defog users (although they're uncommon), and makes them wary of defogging. These two can weaken/kill each others checks (like toxapex, Tapu Fini, and Keldeo) with spikes or their strong attacks. Ive tried many times to build with this, but have failed many times. Feel free to change either of their items to whatever you feel is necessary. This will most likely fit best on HO, but it should work on BO as well. Thank you in advance!

REQUESTING: MEGA PINSIR + TAPU KOKO

Cool offensive core that pairs well together. Koko kills things such as celesteela, skarmory and toxapex for pinisr and also providing nice pivoting to get in pinsir safely. Pinsir threatens common Koko switches like ferro, tang and bulu for Koko to take advantage of spamming terrain boosted tbolts. Feeling some sort of HO or bulky offense would fit nicely with these two.

Tapu Koko @ Magnet
Ability: Electric Surge
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Taunt

Pinsir-Mega @ Pinsirite
Ability: Aerilate
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake/Close Combat
- Quick Attack
- Return

Been planning on requesting this for a while and since it's open now i request an offense team with Magearna either SG or TR.

I don't know how the current meta is but i always wanted to try out the Shift Gear set but heard that OTR is better so i'm undecided on which set to choose, i'd rather leave that for the builder to decide which one they find better or which is better for that specific team but please don't make it full TR if you choose that set but any offensive playstyle will make it, maybe BO?

These are the standard sets from smogon but you can do slight changes such as Fairium Z Shift Gear if you find that's better.

Magearna @ Steelium Z
Timid Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Aura Sphere
- Thunderbolt
- Shift Gear

Magearna @ Fairium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Focus Blast

Hello I would like a team around groundium z celesteela. Thanks in advance:]
Celesteela @ Groundium Z
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Autotomize
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast/Leech Seed/Stone Edge

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Wing Attack
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
Like to build around this,since my request was deleted

edit: advice read and taken

Muk-Alola @ Assault Vest
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Atk / 16 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Poison Jab
- Shadow Sneak
Muk is cool

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Poison Jab / Swords Dance / Pursuit / Low Kick

Serperior @ Leftovers
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power Fire

I'd like a team built around these two please. Weavile gets hard walled by Fini, Keldeo, and some other water types which Serperior can beat or force out. Subseed Serperior also helps out versus stall which Weavile struggles against.

Nedor

thiccc
Been planning on requesting this for a while and since it's open now i request an offense team with Magearna either SG or TR.

I don't know how the current meta is but i always wanted to try out the Shift Gear set but heard that OTR is better so i'm undecided on which set to choose, i'd rather leave that for the builder to decide which one they find better or which is better for that specific team but please don't make it full TR if you choose that set but any offensive playstyle will make it, maybe BO?

These are the standard sets from smogon but you can do slight changes such as Fairium Z Shift Gear if you find that's better.

Magearna @ Steelium Z
Timid Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Aura Sphere
- Thunderbolt
- Shift Gear

Magearna @ Fairium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Focus Blast
ye one team i'll be posting when i get back from vacation in less than 2 days includes this, i'll tag you in it.
Requesting Nasty Plot Thundurus I

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Focus Blast
- Nasty Plot
same as above n_n

also, JuanchoTacorta i got the sash zam request.

EDIT: my phone with all the teams i made over my vacation was dunked in the pool, so there may or may not be multiple versions of the request depending on if i remember the squads.

Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite
EVs: 104 HP / 224 Atk / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Fang
- Stealth Rock

Rotom-Wash @ Wiki Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 120 Def / 140 SpD
Bold Nature
- Pain Split
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Fire Fang

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earthquake

Gengar @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Cursed Body
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Greninja @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Gunk Shot

Djk618 I'm done broo

Alright here we go. So I did originally have the 4 attacks Mawile you listed but I was honestly making a lot of builds that I didn't really like. I heard some whisperings of Stealth Rock Mawile and its pristine matchup against stall builds so I decided to give that a go and I think it works pretty well. Next up I changed the Rotom set a bit as I wanted mixed defenses to take on stuff like Protean Greninja while still having physical bulk for mons like Lando-T and Metagross. Vertex suggested I run a Wiki Berry here instead of Leftovers and I have to say it's been pretty cool since Rotom often gets knocked into very low range without being KO'd. Looking at the original core I knew I needed to cover my ass against Zygarde, Volcarona, and Charizard. So I was looking to add some speed control and also a breaker, I settled on SD Life Orb Garchomp AKA the best chomp. This set is completely savage, Z move Chomps are really more situational based on what you're facing whereas LO is pretty much always gettin a kill. This is where Rocks on Mawile opens things up too cuz SD Rocks Garchomp is so much easier to wall. Next up I added AV Tangrowth as it covers me against Specs Greninja, Scarf Keldeo, a lot of Zygarde variants and is generally just a nice glue mon for pivoting into hits and whatnot. Now a lot of builds I'd been making had essentially 2 fast mons and a bunch of slower mons (Maw, Rotom, Growth etc stuff like that) so I wanted to try something a bit different this time and go with 2 faster threats. First off is Gengar giving me a complementary breaker for Garchomp and Mawile. I didn't have a Z move yet and this seemed like a good time to use one. Taunt 3 attacks Gar dismantles most balances including those with Toxapex since Neverending Nightmare is brolic as fuck. This also gave me a better way to pressure fairy types which currently the team is not so wonderful at doing. Last up I went with the superglue aka Greninja since that boi can do anything. Scarf is the set here for true speed control and so I can take care of things that try to get out of hand like Volcarona and whatnot. Pretty much a standard set here Gunk hits fairies Beam hits most everything else and U-turn for utility.

I should note that I do think T Punch Rocks Mawile is a better set but Fire Fang does two notable things. First off it blows Ferrothorn all the way back which is really good on a team with no hazard removal. Secondly I'm a bit weak to setup Magearnas and this helps somewhat as Mawile can take a non Z and non-boosted hit from Magearna and weaken it. I should note that before I had Focus Blast Tangrowth with T Punch Mawile so I still had a way to hit Ferro, but offensive Magearna was just a really big issue to be honest. Played around it a few times but it swept me enough that I needed to make a change (EQ on Tang helps too). Feel free to experiment with the sets, I realize this Maw can't touch Pex (gross) but it's pressured by most everything else bar Greninja so that's nice. Lele is kind of a threat (but before you complain about Mawile needing a second steel!) however Scarf is manageable if you keep Tang healthy and the other variants are outsped by half the team.

Enjoy!

Edit:

I'm also taking the quoted post below, might change up the sets depending on the build
Thanks dude!

REQUEST NIHILIGO AND MAGNEZONE

Nihilego @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Power Gem
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 132 HP / 252 SpA / 124 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Fire
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

Nihiligo is very powerful once its checks are gone but its STABs are walled by common steel types such as Ferrothorn or Scizor. The main idea is to trap them with Magnezone and to allow Nihiligo free reign to fire off its STABs and to clean with a scarf and beast boost.

Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake
- Zen Headbutt

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

i like the idea of having psychic terrain and a metagross in the back. we call this psychic spam in doubles, so was wondering if it worked in ou

Kartana @ Fightinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Sacred Sword

Volcarona @ Firium Z
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Hi! I would like a offensive team around these 2 pokemons. I have been struggling vs both mons and decided that its time for me to pick up these 2. Dont have much experience playing these 2. I tried building a team around these mons but I am not good at teambuilding. I would prefer an offensive team but if its better with a bulky offense its fine aswell!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)