Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-Turn
- Thunder Punch / Fire Punch
- Healing Wish / Fire Punch

Thus far, the core isn't terribly bulky and appreciates getting brought in by a pivot move. Mega Audino can set up and quickly put itself out of KO range for both members, and Unaware Clefable might net a Thunder Wave on either of the two before you figure out which can break it. Hyper-fast megas (like Aerodactyl, Alakazam, Beedrill, and Sceptile) and the Gale Wings users can also revenge kill both of these (save for Agilitized Pory-Z). Scarf Jirachi laughs at Fairy-types and checks all of the offensive threats I mentioned. And of course, it provides Healing Wish support to the core.

Thunder Punch is ideal for actually dealing damage to Swanna and Talonflame, but Fire Punch is another option to hit Steel-types (though you should really just U-Turn out to one of the core members) and get that OHKO on Mega Beedrill, and I guess for 2HKOing Mega Scizor so Porygon-Z doesn't have to put up with it.

Last edited:
Regular Rotom-W

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Thanks to both ability and typing, the washing machine checks well a huge portion of the theorymon metagame including Defiant Entei and many others Fire and Ground types. WoW is always useful to soften switch-ins into opponent's physical attackers and, at worst, it helps to stack damage even on its supposed checks i.e. Mega Venusaur.
A slow Volt Switch is always appreciated to bring in these two "frail" attackers and Pain Split helps to deal with Chansey without relying on physical moves.

Starting with a defensive pivot seems a logical thing in terms of adding defensive synergy with the core.

Last edited:

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Honestly just based on the core I think that the best kind of build to go for here is Lop+PZ+Lando-T+Rotom-W+setup sweeper+hazard control BO. Considering that Rotom-W is taken, I'm just gonna do Lando-T.

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Lando-T+Rotom-W is literally the best core in the meta atm, and given that this is definitely leaning towards a BO type of approach it seems appropriate to chuck them on right away. Lando is appropriate as a partner because it provides a U-turn, a Volt Switch immunity and a Talonflame check (Talon kinda obliterates this core) in one teamslot. In addition, it helps the abysmal matchup versus sand and provides Stealth Rock support to help chip away at stuff and make the jobs.

I think something that's being overlooked is the the pivot of Reuniclus. With pure psychic typing it can handle fighting attacks directed at Mega-Lopunny and in return mega-lopunny handles dark type attacks, especially Knock Off. Both Porygon-Z and Lopunny can also switch into any shadow balls the may be aimed at Reuniclus and fire back with STAB shadow ball or Scrappy High Jump Kick.

Reuniclus @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

With Volt Switch and Regenerator its pretty bulky and constantly healing on switches, or with Magic guard it doesn't give care in the world about sponging up burns or toxic directed at Lopunny or Porygon-Z.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
This core struggles with various Priority users, especially Talonflame, Unaware Clefable and lacks any good bulk in general. Thats where the classic stallbreaker Tran comes in.

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Toxic

Claasic stallbreaker Heatran to grab checks like Talonflame, Clefable and Exca under sand and reliably beat them, though one must out for Thousand Arrows Sandslash.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)