Overused ft. BH Cup

Ren

i swore lips were made for lies
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm not entering, but for the sake of the tour I strongly advise you ban stuff like Kartana. With Zygarde-Complete and Giratina gone, there are quite honestly no walls to Tinted Lens Band Kartana and other things are likely gonna be p uncompetitive as well. Mr. Perry

e: this post is p short but you can ask what needs to be banned if you do decide to listen, I'm sure we'd be glad to help

Last edited:

Perry

slayer
is a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
So guys, I thought about the idea from GL Volkner but tbh I'm still indiferent - hell, even Lando-T can be as dangerous as ever with gear + ascent and arrows, which is literally unresisted (?) - so I'm leaving it to you guys, what would you prefer? [I'm not quite a fan though, it could start a snowball thing and we'd just need to keep banning things to keep others in check.

also I'm joining as well, so we just hit 32!

So guys, I thought about the idea from GL Volkner but tbh I'm still indiferent - hell, even Lando-T can be as dangerous as ever with gear + ascent and arrows, which is literally unresisted (?) - so I'm leaving it to you guys, what would you prefer? [I'm not quite a fan though, it could start a snowball thing and we'd just need to keep banning things to keep others in check.

also I'm joining as well, so we just hit 32!
usually things like that landot set would be walled by common bulky mons like fur coat giratina or zygc. however, there are a lot more scary (bh) glass cannons that would be allowed here than there are strong walls. i'd say this tourney would probably do best with a BST cutoff, (iirc 540 is standard for this?) instead of the ou banlist, so that things that are uber because of movepool or ability are allowed, since those advantages mean nothing at all. this also solves your problem of kyurem black, steelworker kart, and other wallbreakers wrecking shop.
edit to add: landot doesn't hit as hard as, be as fast as, or take advantage of abilities as well as either kart or kyub.

Don't forget that some clauses OU has make absolutely no sense in a BH environment. For instance, Baton Pass is mostly used in Balanced Hackmons on Spectral Thief users, and sometimes even on Prankster Pokemon for a quick pivot move that works against Dark-types. Additionally, passing boosts (either quickpass or full BP) is not a very good strategy due to the ease of making a setup-resistant wall. (Unaware, prankster haze, spectral thief, Imposter, whirlwind). While i'm not suggesting an unban of BP for this tournament due to a very similar move (parting shot), I would like to make the point that some clauses are just not good.

Also you forgot about Ash Greninja's existence when making the ban list.

Perry

slayer
is a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
after thinking about it yesterday (mainly bc uni kept me really busy) i'm posting it today:
I've decided to take most of morogrim's suggestions for the tournament, but I would like to know reasons why the blobs and Gengar were suggested bans as Imposter is a huge part of the BH metagame and normal Gengar is not quite so good (?) without its mega evolution. Also, I increased the BST cap to 580 but banned Kartana - if you have any other suggestions, post here / leave me a vm.
I have updated the OP accordingly!

after thinking about it yesterday (mainly bc uni kept me really busy) i'm posting it today:
I've decided to take most of morogrim's suggestions for the tournament, but I would like to know reasons why the blobs and Gengar were suggested bans as Imposter is a huge part of the BH metagame and normal Gengar is not quite so good (?) without its mega evolution. Also, I increased the BST cap to 580 but banned Kartana - if you have any other suggestions, post here / leave me a vm.
chansey in particular would have a ridiculous amount of bulk here, on top of utility, using 3 main items (eviolite for bulk, choice scarf to win all "speed ties," lucky punch for more offensive power) and blissey has dumb bulk too. imposter would probably still be viable here using wailord or wobbuffet or whatever.

morogrim

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Chansey and Blissey because of Imposter making them very hard to break, especially when you have a BST limitation of 580. Chansey also has an additional niche in running Fur Coat, making it almost unbreakable in this meta. Gengar imo you could leave unbanned actually but it is a very good Normalize user and will probably be used on every other team. With a Speed of 110 it outspeeds a majority of the 540 BST meta (only being outsped by things like Aerodactyl) and it has an SpA of 130, which is extremely high for BH540. The next best Normalize user would be Mismagius which has a base Speed of 105 but a much more manageable SpA of 105.

You also may want to consider banning Xurkitree since Specs Boomburst from the Galvanize set has almost no switchins even in the regular BH meta, I could only imagine it being worse in this one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ren

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)