Overwatch - Brigitte used FLAIL!

Tera Melos

Banned deucer.
So, there was a forum post yesterday where a few Jewish Users were talking about how they'd like to see Hanukkah represented a bit more in this year's Winter Wonderland. Pretty harmless suggestions and nothing that would really be noticeable other than a skin they suggested.

Anyways, the thread went downhill and was almost instantly spammed by trolls making Holocaust jokes, Hitler did nothing wrong comments, "We don't need Jews in Overwatch" Comments, ect.

What the fuck is wrong with people? Seriously what the fuck.

The thread OP got downvoted to oblivion and ended up Forum Suspended for "Spamming" after someone started encouraging people to report their post.

This whole situation is fucked, like real fucked, and is a really strong reflection on how Toxic the community is and how awful the report system is.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
i mean representing religions is probably a no-no for devs exactly for that reason lol, and you'd get "jews are represented but not muslims?!" kind of things

u find those kinds of comments in any forum not just overwatch/bnet

Tera Melos

Banned deucer.
i mean representing religions is probably a no-no for devs exactly for that reason lol, and you'd get "jews are represented but not muslims?!" kind of things

u find those kinds of comments in any forum not just overwatch/bnet

That was the general consensus, even among the Jewish people partaking in the discussion. However the fact that OP got their account suspended because of trolls taking over the thread is the issue here..Blizzard clearly needs to work out their CoC when it comes to dealing with / facing discrimination.

HailFall

my cancer is sun and my leo is moon
blizz forums are notoriously bad lol.

the hivemind/circlejerk never ends and the mods are awful (literally never do anything unless some post gets reported, even then usually nothing). Mass downvoted threads sometimes result in a forum account suspension even if no rules are broken because lol blizzard mods. its a really shitty place to go if you want actual discussion. blatant stupidity (ie: nerf symmetra) gets upvoted and there's a good chance even legitimate complaints about the state of the game get downvoted if its not something the typical player (like mid gold) would agree with.

You're better off discussing the game here or on discord or something. Really not worth your time to post in that hellhole.

Tera Melos

Banned deucer.
Am now facing my SECOND Chat Suspension.

Might have mentioned it before, but the first one was because I kept chasing down a Mercy who encouraged her stack to report me. Blizzard GM confirms I made a player feel "Harassed and Uncomfortable".

Last night I was in a QP match, some Masters Widow kept getting really basic headshots on a low level friend of ours. So I swapped to Genji and just kept hard flanking them. They started throwing around some intense slurs, to which none of us replied to in chat. I began teabagging them after kills. So after the match, they let me know they're all reporting me. W/e, we reported them too cause you know racial slurs in a kids game.

Anyways, time passes and BOOM "Suspended for 11 days" Notification comes up. ONCE AGAIN I'm Punished because someone felt harassed that I kept singling them out in Quickplay.

I'm borderline done with this game just because of how stupid their report system is. Someone who teabags someone else who keeps calling them racial slurs is JUST AS BAD as the person using racial slurs.

Seriously Blizzard, please go back to having one big Justice System and not letting your devs decide what's bannable / wrong.

Anyways anyone watching OWL?

Tera Melos

Banned deucer.
yeah......... that's probably not why you're being suspended
yeah......... that's probably not why you're being suspended
I'm getting the logs for my ticket soon. I have the logs from the last time too.

I rarely talk in the game chat, I typically say GG after every match. I play with the same 5-7 people when I'm online. I'm not out here screaming insults or slurs, lol. People have been complaining about how easy it is to abuse the report system since launch. Two times now I've been chat suspended because people in stacks spent a handful of minutes reporting me after a match. That's all it takes, a few friends report-spamming someone. Once you hit a certain number of reports their system takes matters into it's own hands.

I've seen people I've reported in matches banned mid game ( recently an aimbotter on the other team got banned in the middle of our Match ) and the stack they were in got mad about it and reported us too. That's the kind of system they've created "Don't like someone? Alright, Just report us and tell us how they hurt your feelings." And they'll listen and they'll consider the suspension. It's an absolute garbage system and I'm tired of seeing tons of forum post / reddit post / discord conversations of people being suspended / banned for absolutely nothing.

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It takes more than a few reports to gain a suspension. But then again since you said it wasn't your first time, I'm not sure if repeat offenders are looked into less leniently. And honestly, I actually recommend that they lower the bar before reports get looked into and punishments dished out. That itself poses a good deterrence, and people who shouldn't be punished are really unlikely to be. I have no one I know complain about being silenced and what not wrongly. And I'm willing to bet it was a deserved one, since they are actually on the slower / more cautious side lol.

As for banning mid game, from my knowledge, it shouldn't happen but afaik the system isn't perfect yet and occasionally still happens. Most of the complaints of undeserved punishments are make believe. Sure we all read people who made complaints about those but we've also had people try to purposefully get themselves punished to test waters. There is no reason to believe any of those claims are true.

I've only known of pros admittedly say that they occasionally got too toxic and got silenced, but never of them complaining about being wrongly punished. This is not including to what happens to the players who stream though.

So yea, you probably need to go do some self reflection, or if you're that unsatisfied with what you think is the game service, then feel free to stop playing.

I am by no means saying that their report system is good, but there's no reason to believe in the numbers of false positives claimed that the probability of it being the case is slim. They are already erring on the side of caution more than they should. Blizzard may not have the best practices but they aren't one that provides a completely illogical service.

Speaking of which, it's a good thing that they withheld from giving the free 100 OWL credits to accounts that are not in good standing.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
On lighter news I started an alt account on Xbox (found out you can do it for free) and just finished placements in Masters not too long ago. I'm not sure why my main account has been in Plat / Diamond for these last few seasons, Masters and GM games have felt fairly solid. Been mostly playing DPS with a few flex picks on to Zen when need be.

Glad the meta has gotten better, even with the blight of Mercy, almost every character is viable aside from Sym which is great because she's the ultimate unfun aside from Dva.

Tera Melos

Banned deucer.
It takes more than a few reports to gain a suspension. But then again since you said it wasn't your first time, I'm not sure if repeat offenders are looked into less leniently. And honestly, I actually recommend that they lower the bar before reports get looked into and punishments dished out. That itself poses a good deterrence, and people who shouldn't be punished are really unlikely to be. I have no one I know complain about being silenced and what not wrongly. And I'm willing to bet it was a deserved one, since they are actually on the slower / more cautious side lol.

As for banning mid game, from my knowledge, it shouldn't happen but afaik the system isn't perfect yet and occasionally still happens. Most of the complaints of undeserved punishments are make believe. Sure we all read people who made complaints about those but we've also had people try to purposefully get themselves punished to test waters. There is no reason to believe any of those claims are true.

I've only known of pros admittedly say that they occasionally got too toxic and got silenced, but never of them complaining about being wrongly punished. This is not including to what happens to the players who stream though.

So yea, you probably need to go do some self reflection, or if you're that unsatisfied with what you think is the game service, then feel free to stop playing.

I am by no means saying that their report system is good, but there's no reason to believe in the numbers of false positives claimed that the probability of it being the case is slim. They are already erring on the side of caution more than they should. Blizzard may not have the best practices but they aren't one that provides a completely illogical service.

Speaking of which, it's a good thing that they withheld from giving the free 100 OWL credits to accounts that are not in good standing.
Once you get your first warning, they monitor your account. I had a warning for leaving QP games prior to any of this (I was unaware they punish you for leaving QP games and I had a habit of leaving games to join groups). After that I was notified that I was essentially on their naughty list. Now, this is where I start to HEAVILY disagree with their Report system.

People who faced a minor infraction are monitored, the more reports they get the heavily the system tracks them. Now, let's say I got my warning for leaving to many QP games, the system is now monitoring me. A three stack reports me for teabagging them or for spraying after I get kills. That's three reports that the system sees against me. Now let's say someone reports me for not picking a hero they want me to play, or for autolocking hanzo or something. That's ANOTHER Report against me. I know for a fact I get reported for cheating quite often as well as "poor teamwork" because apparently picking off-meta picks is STILL considered throwing. So, let's say at this point I have about 20 reports against me AFTER the minor infraction. The Auto-Ban system sees this, and (to my knowledge) sets a bar, that bar being "At X Reports, Tera Melos will be chat suspended." You will NEVER be auto-banned for anything BUT Cheating (IE I've seen cheaters banned mid match before. but never someone for spamming racial slurs / throwing.)

So, the system (auto ban system) doesn't actually LOOK at what you're being reported for or investigate the chat logs, it sees that your X report has been reached and it takes action. This is roughly how a GM explained it to me in the past and I think it's absolute rubbish.

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
On lighter news I started an alt account on Xbox (found out you can do it for free) and just finished placements in Masters not too long ago. I'm not sure why my main account has been in Plat / Diamond for these last few seasons, Masters and GM games have felt fairly solid. Been mostly playing DPS with a few flex picks on to Zen when need be.

Glad the meta has gotten better, even with the blight of Mercy, almost every character is viable aside from Sym which is great because she's the ultimate unfun aside from Dva.
Oooooo hey. As much as I say rank means next to nothing, congrats on placements! Glad to see you're still enjoying yourself on console after your initial probing some time ago! Idk if I'd call getting your main stuck as elo hell or whatever people call it. But, it happens, and for many various reasons so don't worry about it. Now you get to have some more fun at a different rank bracket too, which is a good experience for you too :D

Meta wise, you refering to the tournament scene or on console? I imagine Sym still being ridiculously annoying to play against on console? haha. But overall yes, getting better. Even though there's still plenty to improve on, progress is still progress. Also I bought NYXL + Golden Balls on Zenyatta on both my accounts... ahaha what about you?

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Oooooo hey. As much as I say rank means next to nothing, congrats on placements! Glad to see you're still enjoying yourself on console after your initial probing some time ago! Idk if I'd call getting your main stuck as elo hell or whatever people call it. But, it happens, and for many various reasons so don't worry about it. Now you get to have some more fun at a different rank bracket too, which is a good experience for you too :D

Meta wise, you refering to the tournament scene or on console? I imagine Sym still being ridiculously annoying to play against on console? haha. But overall yes, getting better. Even though there's still plenty to improve on, progress is still progress. Also I bought NYXL + Golden Balls on Zenyatta on both my accounts... ahaha what about you?
As much as I want to be a valiant fanboy I'm supporting and rooting for Shock to support our boy Harsha . Even went and bought a jersey. Sym actually isn't that bad on console, once you get over panic just shoot her, it's really not too bad. I think Moira is more of an issue on console but that's due to range really.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
So me and the bf got this like a week ago and it's way more fun than I would have thought for being a shooter, I was expecting typical call of Duty dumbness.

I'm loving sombra and orisa and then I learn they're low tier :feelsbad: but i've gotten my team to a win as orisa on quick play with the enemy payload at 99% with 3 minutes to go without dying so that's something I guess

Tera Melos

Banned deucer.
Orisa is one of the best characters atm

Orisa and Zen are lowkey broken but let's hope that reddit keeps complaining about Sym being Useless (Thank GOOOOOOD THEYRE BUFFING HER AGAIN) and Hanzo scatter arrow doing exactly what it was designed to do.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Played orisa all weekend and she is fucking bae, i've gotten a handle on her shield and self buff but the gravi bomb is still super tricky to get imo. Sombra is definitely my second pick and anti-bastion pick which usually dicks over orisa pretty hard.

Gotta say, of all characters I haaaaate seeing symm on the opposing team the most when they're on defense, her turrets are fucking ridic. A good roadhog is also a fucking nightmare to play.

Anybody play around with the random heros format at all? I swear they regen you as snipers more than anything on it lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)